AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-02-28, 11:03   Link #15841
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

The plot thickens. If that is Empty, she certainly does look a lot like Kurumi...
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 13:36   Link #15842
Estzero1

Well, there was another interesting theory on the wiki, even though it's less likely. What if this Kurumi look alike is similar to Vol.11 and it's Phantom in disguise. Like I said, rather unlikely but still possibility.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 14:02   Link #15843
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

It's probably Empty, though? You know, the girl Kurumi is conversing with in all the summaries. I doubt that she's <Phantom>, although it'd be an interesting twist.
Old 2017-02-28, 14:07   Link #15844
CanDurukan

Her facial expression doesn't look like empty. She is cool enough to be phantom but at the same time even her bangs same with Kurumi

Last edited by CanDurukan; 2017-02-28 at 14:21.
CanDurukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 18:58   Link #15845
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

wow, The cover is incredible Kurumi is very amazing, although the truth at I first thought it was a fan art (I think that miss the drawing of Tsukano in DAL lol), I hope that this volume will be extraordinary , although who is the girl with the white dress?
Old 2017-02-28, 19:03   Link #15846
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
Her facial expression doesn't look like empty. She is cool enough to be phantom but at the same time even her bangs same with Kurumi
We've haven't met Empty yet. We have no idea what she's like yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
who is the girl with the white dress?
We've no idea. Empty, probably, as she seems to be co-protagonist, but it could be anyone.
Old 2017-02-28, 20:43   Link #15847
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanDurukan View Post
Maybe she IS Kurumi. Like in a potential future, Kurumi succeeds in taking Shidou's power and went to the past to stop Westcott and the others only for it to turn out that SHE was the first spirit. She loses control due to too much spirit energy though and causes the Eurasia Sky Disaster becoming what we know as the first spirit. She survived but lost her power and hair color and SHE ended up causing the spread of the spirit crystals into the world. Now going by the name Empty, she is trying to stop Kurumi from making the same mistake.
Old 2017-02-28, 20:46   Link #15848
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Maybe she IS Kurumi. Like in a potential future, Kurumi succeeds in taking Shidou's power and went to the past to stop Westcott and the others only for it to turn out that SHE was the first spirit. She loses control due to too much spirit energy though and causes the Eurasia Sky Disaster becoming what we know as the first spirit. She survived but lost her power and hair color and SHE ended up causing the spread of the spirit crystals into the world. Now going by the name Empty, she is trying to stop Kurumi from making the same mistake.
That would be an interesting theory. It would explain why Kurumi got so bummed when Nia told her. At the same time though she would've likely gone inverse ala what happened with Origami because as dangerous as she appears to be it's deceptive

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 21:28   Link #15849
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
That would be an interesting theory. It would explain why Kurumi got so bummed when Nia told her. At the same time though she would've likely gone inverse ala what happened with Origami because as dangerous as she appears to be it's deceptive
I don't think Nia would have told her that part. Perhaps it was something that even her book didn't know or couldn't access. It's more just a matter of levels of strength. first spirit would have 10 spirit levels of strength and Kurumi would just have a fluctuating one depending on the time she has stolen.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2017-02-28 at 21:42.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 22:19   Link #15850
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

Volume 16 cover

Spoiler for background ver:
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 23:02   Link #15851
AP24

^First time someone is on the cover twice in her normal spirit form.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 23:20   Link #15852
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Second time someone is on the cover with the same dress.

Does it count as 3 'cause of DAB?
Old 2017-02-28, 23:23   Link #15853
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
This is actually the first cover you could call fanservice; despite some of the other girls' revealing outfits (especially Inverse Tohka ), this is the first cover where the girl is actively revealing skin to the reader. (Lifting up her dress to show some of her beautiful legs)
And of course it's conveniently blocked in the larger version shown on the website. Those teases. -_-

Now as for the plot of the volume, there is one question that comes before all of our theories:

Is this the real Kurumi playing this game with Shidou, or did she send in a double again?

That's the first hurdle. It's all for naught if Shidou just conquers another clone.
Old 2017-03-01, 01:03   Link #15854
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I don't know, I doubt it. Remember, Westcott, Ellen, and Woodman summoned the First Spirit, and she was around and, you know, not trying to kill them for long enough for Woodman to fall in love with her. The way Woodman spoke about her, it wasn't just a one-sided love at first sight; even if it was one-sided, he knew her, and Kurumi wouldn't waist her time doing anything other than trying to kill him. So The First is highly unlikely to be Kurumi. Plus, I doubt draining Shido's power would do anything to her, other than make her super-strong; she drained a fuck-ton of Origami's, after all, and nothing changed. Kurumi doesn't have the power to seal Spirits, so she woudn't get the nine-tenths-complete Daath Crystal, unless she cut him open to get it, and she merely wants to drain all his time. I doubt she even knows about it, as <Phantom> wouldn't have told her, and I'll bet it was blocked from <Raziel>.

Personally, I kind of want to say she's a Clone of pre-Spirit Kurumi. It's been shown that she can make them from accidental time periods before, and if Kurumi can't remember being human, then that would explain her clone being 'empty'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
This is actually the first cover you could call fanservice; despite some of the other girls' revealing outfits (especially Inverse Tohka ), this is the first cover where the girl is actively revealing skin to the reader. (Lifting up her dress to show some of her beautiful legs)
And of course it's conveniently blocked in the larger version shown on the website. Those teases. -_-

Now as for the plot of the volume, there is one question that comes before all of our theories:

Is this the real Kurumi playing this game with Shidou, or did she send in a double again?

That's the first hurdle. It's all for naught if Shidou just conquers another clone.
Actually, I'd say Mukuro's positioning on Volume 14's cover - what with posing in such a way to show off the curvature of her ass and bust - is quite fanservice-y as well.

But yeah, I'd say it's the real one - it seems like she's having an honourable duel with Shido, from the blurb; plus this is it, this is her being sealed.

Or, rather, Volume 17 is, given that Tachibana has heavily implied that she'll Invert - and I can't see Kurumi's Inverse form not getting a cover all to herself.

Last edited by Dark Rose Princess; 2017-03-01 at 01:14.
Old 2017-03-01, 04:24   Link #15855
TobiBadass6969

Question, do you guys know the name of the short story where Natsumi and Yoshino become middle-schoolers?
TobiBadass6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 05:13   Link #15856
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiBadass6969 View Post
Question, do you guys know the name of the short story where Natsumi and Yoshino become middle-schoolers?
Yeah, man, I think it's Yoshino Experience? It is the most recent one, though, so I doubt it's been translated yet.
Old 2017-03-01, 10:09   Link #15857
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrisulfr View Post

Volume 16 cover

Spoiler for background ver:
First off, gorgeous cover, kinda seductive. You can really see the difference if you compare those 2 with each other. Second of all, you can't really interpret that much into this cover. Kurumi is clearly on the rooftop, it's most likely dusk and the only other thing is this necklace or medaillon maybe on her hips ( idk how to call it otherwise ). This could be similar to Vol.3.

Old 2017-03-01, 10:38   Link #15858
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
First off, gorgeous cover, kinda seductive. You can really see the difference if you compare those 2 with each other. Second of all, you can't really interpret that much into this cover. Kurumi is clearly on the rooftop, it's most likely dusk and the only other thing is this necklace or medaillon maybe on her hips ( idk how to call it otherwise ). This could be similar to Vol.3.
Isn't that 'medallion' the pocket watch that is always part of <Elohim>?

Also, am I the only one who sees that second image as Inverse Tohka from V15? Is it showing up as Kurumi for you guys?
Old 2017-03-01, 11:05   Link #15859
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
Isn't that 'medallion' the pocket watch that is always part of <Elohim>?
Mhm, now that you mention it. Yeah, that could be the case .

Old 2017-03-01, 12:35   Link #15860
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Mhm, now that you mention it. Yeah, that could be the case .
You really have to appreciate the little things Tsunako adds to her designs, huh?

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy