Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 03:12   Link #15861
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I just think he's a vapid airhead. he's a nice enough guy, but he's got to be one of the worst developed characters in anime history. He never had any great victories in battle, he's not Kallen's piloting equal.

I'm still trying to figure out what the hell he was fighting for. let alone why was he so angry when he saw Lelouch take the throne. It's not like he ever had any long standing grudge against Lelouch.

He was one of the only characters who had no connection at all to Zero or the Geass. Did he ever learn in story that Lelouch was Zero or about the power of Geass?
He never influenced any major plot point. All he did was act goofy, try and befriend Suzaku, and have fun.
Take him out of the story and nothing is really missing. Rivalz and Tamaki are more important to the story.

I always thought he was more fitted to Milly. They are both light hearted and enjoy having fun.

I think Kallen deserves more.

Trying to pair Gino with Kallen is like trying to pair Suzaku with C.C. they had one conversation, both had a death wish, and they spent the reminder of the season interacting with each other.
I actually thought that if everything had followed the original plan, he would be like a reason for Suzaku just as Kallen is to Lelouch. A person outside the circle who wanted to save him. But as we saw, he turned out to be a joke instead. He was pretty close to Suzaku (yaoi'ly so) and I don't see any other reason for him to be created honestly other than to be Suzaku's inner voice in the first place
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 03:17   Link #15862
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they totally would have been great together
but they got torn apart within minutes of reuniting
and by the time they met again it was too late
Old 2008-10-04, 04:26   Link #15863
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bran View Post
you know i want that...
2 months in jail could have visited her that bastard -.-
It wouldn't really have helped though would it? He struggled to wear his mask during the scene where Kallen kissed him and it was only after she was well out of ear shot that he spoke his final words to her with a heartfelt "Sayanora Kallen".

If he went and visited her she's either going to hurl abuse at him or ask him why he did what he did. If its the former, she'll just feel worse when the truth comes out and if its the latter, well he can't tell her becuase she'll fret over it so she'll just take it as an admission that their wasn't a second level to his plan and he was using HER all this time which point she'll just hate him and insult him once again making her feel down when the truth comes out.

If he visited her its a lose-lose situation.
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 04:29   Link #15864
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
It wouldn't really have helped though would it? He struggled to wear his mask during the scene where Kallen kissed him and it was only after she was well out of ear shot that he spoke his final words to her with a heartfelt "Sayanora Kallen".

If he went and visited her she's either going to hurl abuse at him or ask him why he did what he did. If its the former, she'll just feel worse when the truth comes out and if its the latter, well he can't tell her becuase she'll fret over it so she'll just take it as an admission that their wasn't a second level to his plan and he was using HER all this time which point she'll just hate him and insult him once again making her feel down when the truth comes out.

If he visited her its a lose-lose situation.
just tell her something like "it wasnt all a lie"
or "tasetsu no mono" (without telling her anything else, meaning an answer to the question)
Old 2008-10-04, 04:30   Link #15865
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post

Trying to pair Gino with Kallen is like trying to pair Suzaku with C.C. they had one conversation, both had a death wish, and they spent the reminder of the season interacting with each other.

Actually, I saw some strange connection between Suzaku and Geass in S1...
Guess it went along with Kallen's gumline....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
or "tasetsu no mono" (without telling her anything else, meaning an answer to the question)
He actually used a "taisetsu" with an annoying "tabun"(perhaps) to describe Shirley....
This man did have some problems, sigh.
And hell no, Lelouch's got too many "taisetsu na mono"
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 04:32   Link #15866
gbaka34

Quote:
not if he gets jeremiah to ungeass her and regeass her so he can say all he wants to say and make her forget after when he finished...
gbaka34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 04:36   Link #15867
blottyparchment

I think that is why others cannot see the potential of KallenxLelouch, how they (Kallen and Lelouch) would compliment each other's personalities, because the series wouldn't allow them two minutes of screentime alone without tearing them apart due to xx-amount of interruptions!

If there weren't interruptions:
ep7 - Lelouch would have followed after Kallen and maybe we would have seen them make-up onscreen.
ep9 - We would have known what Lelouch would have said beyond "After the war is over, will you return to Ashford with me?' and maybe Kallen would have realized better that Lelouch actually cares for her, therefore trusting more in him.
ep19 - I think that conversation about Kallen's brother and Nunnally would have lead to heart-to-heart talk. Buuut...

And so on. But anyhow, different people, different strokes. We see things the way we see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
He actually used a "taisetsu" with an annoying "tabun"(perhaps) to describe Shirley....
This man did have some problems, sigh.
And hell no, Lelouch's got too many "taisetsu na mono"
Haha, yeah. If he said it to Kallen's/C.C.'s face, I think I would have gone , 'cause it wouldn't be surprising to hear such a thing from Lelouch anymore. If he were to admit his feelings and answer how taisetsu someone to him is, I would want something more substantial, like an aishiteru just like with Nunnally.
blottyparchment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 04:40   Link #15868
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by blottyparchment View Post
I think that is why others cannot see the potential of KallenxLelouch, how they (Kallen and Lelouch) would compliment each other's personalities, because the series wouldn't allow them two minutes of screentime alone without tearing them apart due to xx-amount of interruptions!

ep7 - Lelouch would have followed after Kallen and maybe we would have seen them make-up onscreen.
ep9 - We would have known what Lelouch would have said beyond "After the war is over, will you return to Ashford with me?' and maybe Kallen would have realized better that Lelouch actually cares for her, therefore trusting more in him.
ep19 - I think that conversation about Kallen's brother and Nunnally would have lead to heart-to-heart talk. Buuut...

And so on. But anyhow, different people, different strokes. We see things the way we see it.
Agreed. Considering the little time they spent together (alone)...their development is rather rapid...
Chemical reaction I call this.

Quote:
Haha, yeah. If he said it to Kallen's/C.C.'s face, I think I would have gone , 'cause it wouldn't be surprising to hear such a thing from Lelouch anymore. If he were to admit his feelings and answer how taisetsu someone to him is, I would want something more substantial, like an aishiteru just like with Nunnally
Don't EVEN mention that again! *bumps into the wall*
Old 2008-10-04, 04:45   Link #15869
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:

Haha, yeah. If he said it to Kallen's/C.C.'s face, I think I would have gone , 'cause it wouldn't be surprising to hear such a thing from Lelouch anymore. If he were to admit his feelings and answer how taisetsu someone to him is, I would want something more substantial, like an aishiteru just like with Nunnally.

Yes C.C. was not the biggest threat to KaLulu, that privledge belongs to all the idiots who kept interrupting them.
Old 2008-10-04, 04:48   Link #15870
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Yes C.C. was not the biggest threat to KaLulu, that privledge belongs to all the idiots who kept interrupting them.
Well
we have Rolo (Ep1 +7)
C.C.+Kaguya (EP 9)
the whole Kuro no Kishidan (Ep+19)
Oh that hurts.

Taniguchi is the one to blame.XDDDD
Old 2008-10-04, 04:51   Link #15871
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Well
we have Rolo (Ep1 +7)
C.C.+Kaguya (EP 9)
Oh that hurts.

suzaku most of all (took her away for so long a time)
Old 2008-10-04, 04:53   Link #15872
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
suzaku most of all (took her away for so long a time)
Oh, add XingKe+Suzaku to the list

Seems the whole cast is against them....
Old 2008-10-04, 04:53   Link #15873
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Well
we have Rolo (Ep1 +7)
C.C.+Kaguya (EP 9)
Oh that hurts.

Yes lets look at C.C. scenes with lelouch in S1. Did any of her "romantic" scenes have interruptions? Nope and look at how far she only managed get.

Now look at Kallen in R2 who basically had every important devolpment scene with Lelouch interrupted by some idiot and look how far she still managed to go. I'm calling it now that if all those retards hadn't of interrupted they'd be either a little Lelouch running about or he'd have got a good end.
Old 2008-10-04, 04:59   Link #15874
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Yes lets look at C.C. scenes with lelouch in S1. Did any of her "romantic" scenes have interruptions? Nope and look at how far she only managed get.

Now look at Kallen in R2 who basically had every important devolpment scene with Lelouch interrupted by some idiot and look how far she still managed to go. I'm calling it now that if all those retards hadn't of interrupted they'd be either a little Lelouch running about or he'd have got a good end.
it shoud be noted that every single talk she had with lulu was interupted except the last one
and thats the one she kissed him in
draw your own conclutions
then again it was more of a monologe really
so that sucks too
Old 2008-10-04, 05:06   Link #15875
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
it shoud be noted that every single talk she had with lulu was interupted except the last one
and thats the one she kissed him in
draw your own conclutions
Yep. Her one and only uninterrupted opportunity and she managed to confess. Damn it makes me hate Rolo and the OotBk even more and leaves me slightly miffed at C.C too.
Old 2008-10-04, 05:07   Link #15876
blottyparchment

Quote:

That's why I commend Kallen for being able to get that far in her development in the story and her relationship with Lelouch as well. C.C. and Shirley had a headstart but Kallen managed to catch up in just two years' time.
Old 2008-10-04, 05:11   Link #15877
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
That's why I commend Kallen for being able to get that far in her development in the story and her relationship with Lelouch as well. C.C. and Shirley had a headstart but Kallen managed to catch up in just two years' time.
Well in comparison to Shirley, she managed to saw both side of Lelouch, and did spend more time with him. Also, Lelouch changed somehow after his reawakening. he might be manipulative, but he's more human at that point, thus his treatment to Kallen changed a bit too.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 05:14   Link #15878
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinstreet View Post
Well in comparison to Shirley, she managed to saw both side of Lelouch, and did spend more time with him. Also, Lelouch changed somehow after his reawakening. he might be manipulative, but he's more human at that point, thus his treatment to Kallen changed a bit too.
Nods. Starting from the jacket incident...So one year with Rolo did bring him something...
Old 2008-10-04, 05:15   Link #15879
blottyparchment

Quote:
Yep. Her one and only uninterrupted opportunity and she managed to confess. Damn it makes me hate Rolo and the OotBk even more and leaves me slightly miffed at C.C too.
But, ya know. When it was Kallen's turn to interrupt Lelouch and C.C. scene in turn 24, people were more vehemently hating on Kallen. The 2ch people kept saying, 「カレン、空気読め!」 (literally "Kallen, read the atmosphere!")
Old 2008-10-04, 05:18   Link #15880
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
But, ya know. When it was Kallen's turn to interrupt Lelouch and C.C. scene in turn 24, people were more vehemently hating on Kallen. The 2ch people kept saying, 「カレン、空気読め!」 (literally "Kallen, read the atmosphere!")
I'm just too glad that people aren't blaming her for Lelouch's death because the essential part of ZR was echoing Kallen's words in Turn 7.

Kallen hatred grew in the last eps, bad for her fans, no I mean the worst nightmare....