AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-08-13, 10:58   Link #15921
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanonTheFurniture View Post
So it's too early for anything real to be out yet, right? Saw this on /jp/:

I'd only consider it being real because one of the screenshots released a few weeks ago seemed to imply Ange might be coming to the island. I think the art is too bad even for Ryukishi (something about those socks especially, also lack of hairthings), but I also remember when everyone thought Featherine and the trap demons were fake...
Pink hair-tie ball things are missing. This also does not look detailed enough to match R07's art style. Her hips are too wide for a 6 year old; not to mention she also looks older than Maria
Old 2010-08-13, 11:00   Link #15922
snsninja

Quote:
I'd only consider it being real because one of the screenshots released a few weeks ago seemed to imply Ange might be coming to the island. I think the art is too bad even for Ryukishi (something about those socks especially, also lack of hairthings), but I also remember when everyone thought Featherine and the trap demons were fake...
What screenshot?
That'd be awesome if little Ange got to go to the island!
(I know the pic itself is fake btw)

Last edited by snsninja; 2010-08-13 at 17:32.
snsninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 11:57   Link #15923
Veripma

It's fake. It was posted before comiket.
Veripma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:10   Link #15924
Pikatira

Quote:
So it's too early for anything real to be out yet, right? Saw this on /jp/:

Lol. I just noticed that Shannon, Kannon and Kinzo are grayed out. If this is a fake, then the maker must like the ShKannonKinzo theories. If this is a real, then it might be a hint. But I seriously doubt that it is real.
Pikatira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:14   Link #15925
Oliver
Back off, I'm a scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikatira View Post
If this is a real, then it might be a hint. But I seriously doubt that it is real.
Definitely fake. Leaving aside the fact that Ryukishi's drawings suck in different ways from this one, the sprite does not have a 1-pixel black border around it.

All Ryukishi's original full-height sprites in TIPS do, no exceptions.

This link has been determined hazardous for the spoiler averse
by the Department of Education.
(updated 2010-08-24)
Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:17   Link #15926
sacul097

Another random theory

Since my only purpose in this forum seems to be to post random crack theories as I come up with them, I might as well add another one. Well actually two.

Neither Kanon or Shannon exist. This applies to all games

Shannon and Kanon are both servants hired by kinzo. Both of them have names that were given to them by kinzo. When Kinzo died, the names Kanon and Shannon died as well.

This theory is very likely wrong and I've actually found several red truths that contradict it. However because of the multiple interpretations of red truths, I'll still post this theory.

This next theory, I have a bit more confidence in

When the servants known as Kanon and Shannon go off duty, their names are no longer Kanon or Shannon

This way, even when stated in red that Kannon is dead or Shannon is dead this could be referring to the names. And the red truth that Kanon did not commit suicide this could be because this was the time on the servant's schedule that he was supposed to go off duty. Remember, the family conference was supposed to last a shorter time than it did so it is possible that the servants were supposed to go home at that time and the schedule had not been adjusted to fit with the typhoon. I checked the red truths and the only minor problem with this that I could find was the logic error. But that could be explained by him going off duty, entering the guest room, seeing battler and, seeing that a member of the family was in trouble, going back on duty. Then once the danger to battler had passed, he went off duty again.
sacul097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 13:23   Link #15927
Pikatira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
Definitely fake. Leaving aside the fact that Ryukishi's drawings suck in different ways from this one, the sprite does not have a 1-pixel black border around it.

All Ryukishi's original full-height sprites in TIPS do, no exceptions.

I figure it is a fake. I just left it as a probably only because the next game is not out yet. I just wanted to take notice of the three greyed out faces. And also the add blond person pic.
Old 2010-08-13, 15:37   Link #15928
Marion
The Great Dine

It's fake. EP 7 hasn't even been released yet, Ange isn't wearing the pink bobbles (she wore them when she was 18 I think she would wear them at 6) and the overall portrait looks stiff, even for Ryukishi's standards.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:07   Link #15929
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
It's fake. EP 7 hasn't even been released yet, Ange isn't wearing the pink bobbles (she wore them when she was 18 I think she would wear them at 6) and the overall portrait looks stiff, even for Ryukishi's standards.
Not to mention Ange's right leg is coming out of her arm
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:16   Link #15930
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
Not to mention Ange's right leg is coming out of her arm
hahaha! Thanks for pointing that out! Not even ZUN would be that bad
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:30   Link #15931
J the Drafter

Maybe those characters are from a flashback to an earlier conference. ...Wait, Shannon was at the island six years ago, wasn't she?
J the Drafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:46   Link #15932
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Maybe those characters are from a flashback to an earlier conference. ...Wait, Shannon was at the island six years ago, wasn't she?
But Kanon wasn't.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:46   Link #15933
DaBackpack
Blick Winkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J the Drafter View Post
Yes, but Beatrice's portrait is visible in the background of the EP7 portrait, so if it were a flashback it would have to be within 6 years (I don't remember the year the portrait was put up, but I do know Battler has never seen it before the game starts).

Or the new portrait is inaccurate.
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:55   Link #15934
zibbazabba905
twuth it EASY.

I'm just hoping for/expecting

1: a directly after the fact scene, where the investigators find everything as it would be at the END of the games- no closed rooms, bodies where they say they are and so on ("magic that matches the results")
2:Ange going to the island in 1986 (sick or not) turning it into a Donnie Darko style ending. "When the seagulls cry, No one is left alive"

edit: I just had a fortune cookie tell me

"Everything you add to the truth
subtracts from the truth."

spooky
zibbazabba905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 17:59   Link #15935
Geekodot

I hope this Ep 7 reveals the answers so that Ange can learn them and become the final game master to wrap everything up in ep 8 xD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juEkoLXXoxo
Geekodot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:01   Link #15936
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
I hope this Ep 7 reveals the answers so that Ange can learn them and become the final game master to wrap everything up in ep 8 xD.
You know, it's strange, but if he were going for a tearjerker ending, Ange as the final Game Master would make a lot of sense.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 18:11   Link #15937
Pikatira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
You know, it's strange, but if he were going for a tearjerker ending, Ange as the final Game Master would make a lot of sense.
Ange as the final Game Master would be interesting. Hmm In wonder though. If Ange had gone to the conference how would have things changed? I mean in Higurashi, a small change changed the situation but kept the same ending. But when a new (real) character came in, everything changed. I wonder if that could be applied to Umineko. I'm not talking about Erika or Beato because technically they don't exist. I mean someone that was never suppose to be in the game and finds her way in.
Old 2010-08-13, 20:44   Link #15938
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
To be honest, I thought about that too. I know that Bern will crush the game with the harsh truth so much that it will make the 7th game completely overturn the 6th game entirely. I also think that she will use the adults, (especially Kyrie), more than anyone in contract to the 6th game and as a reference to the 3rd game. We might know how Ange died in the future and whether or not she died knowing the truth as well. If the latter is true then she can become the "last game master" or something equal/superior to that since Bern is the "last" game master thanks to Featherline... All I can say is that I expect a bitter ending because it will be boring to fine out my theories were all for not since I foresee one. This is more of an adult game so I feel an adult ending should be best for the end of this tale.

Anyway, I'll be in the shadows again till Ep 7 is up. Hope someone will be kind enough to show the victims of the epitaph again so we can see how things progress...
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:40   Link #15939
~Ayane~

Spoiler:

so um...does this obvious!fake say anything interesting? XD
~Ayane~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-13, 21:46   Link #15940
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Ayane~ View Post
Spoiler:

so um...does this obvious!fake say anything interesting? XD
No idea, but I will state the slightly less obvious (to some, at least) if you'd like:

The ブランシュ (Buranshu) in her name appears to be "Blanche," which is French for "white."

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote