AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 17 11.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 50 34.97%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 56 39.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 11.19%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.10%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.70%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-01, 07:14   Link #141
zephyrmiasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
a

since when did they have silver eyes and are immortal? imo the guys in black get replaced after each respective generations of claymore...
im guessing that he is immortal coz during this episode, he mentioned that every generation of claymores has it's heroes, which may suggested that his existed through out those claymore generations.

it also means he might be a claymore himself (no other entity in this anime series that could live for so long), and being a claymore would have silver eyes, right?

and he would need to wear glasses and wear black clothes to cover his youma appearances...

Last edited by zephyrmiasma; 2007-06-01 at 07:27.
Old 2007-06-01, 07:21   Link #142
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
What i was thinking was with Clare's unusual way of becoming a Claymore her Yoma powers may work different than other Claymores. Someone mentioned a theory where *********** . IF this is the case she may have the ability to hold out longer using her Yoma powers. After all she went passed 80% and still came back with the help of Raki. IF she did inherit any of Teresa's traits having her Yoki surpressed may be one of them. Clare could possibly become an awakened without losing to her Yoma side if and when her full power awaken.

She could have the potential of Pricillia but be able to control her Yoma side unlike Pricillia was able to

Last edited by Pellissier; 2007-06-04 at 03:30. Reason: removed potential spoiler
Old 2007-06-01, 07:47   Link #143
SimplyEd
Claytard

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyrmiasma View Post
im guessing that he is immortal coz during this episode, he mentioned that every generation of claymores has it's heroes, which may suggested that his existed through out those claymore generations.

it also means he might be a claymore himself (no other entity in this anime series that could live for so long), and being a claymore would have silver eyes, right?

and he would need to wear glasses and wear black clothes to cover his youma appearances...

That's not a very good deduction on your part there. Him mentioning that other generations spawn heroes doesn't mean that he was actually around that time to witness them.
It could just as well be a memorial service of sorts. Knowledge being passed down through the Org. Documents detailing their exploits and successes/failures.

Claymores are beings which can be detected via their youki output. Only very, very good youki manipulators with the a knack in youki supression could hide themselves completely from a talented youki reader. And it's my opinion that every generation, at least, has one talented reader who could uncover such a secret. Clare being the example here.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-06-01 at 17:20. Reason: spoiler
Old 2007-06-01, 09:15   Link #144
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
While in the general sense the flashback with Teresa was suitable and necessary, I still think that the execution of the transition to the flashback was very badly done.

When Clare's little arc in Rabona ended, there has been absolutely no necessity to Teresa's arc. It was too sudden and had absolutely no buildup. The pacing just felt clumsy.

Only in retrospect can one appreciate the importance of the flashback. But when you are just watching the story as it unfolded, the lack of a suitable lead in to Teresa's story was a bad decision on the part of the author.
When I starting watching Claymore I was thinking it wasnothing more than a so-so series with nothing special about it. Then the Teresa arc started and I was... woah.

Teresa arc was one hundred times better than anything that has happened in a Clare episode. I'm not talking about fighting either. I'm talking about plot/story, characters, emotion/heart, and perhaps one of the most creepy end bosses ever. And thank goodness the flashback started when it did, too!

On a side note: Is Priczilla one of the more creepy end bosses of all time? Something about her really creeps me out.
Old 2007-06-01, 10:24   Link #145
pirs
Yuki.N is love~

good episode. do I need to say i'm looking forward for the next one? :P
Old 2007-06-01, 13:24   Link #146
Claymore_Obsessed

and finally we meet Helen
#22 Claymore ranking, #1 sharpest tongue ranking ^^;

beauty + sharp tongue = love love ^^
Old 2007-06-01, 14:40   Link #147
jtrog

I gave Ep9 a 9. 'Baby Clare carrying Teresa s' head all that distance till she met up with the 'man dressed in dark clothes' which she figured would be in the town to collect...

She carried 'IT' without ever going eeewwwww but kept with her good memorys of Teresa and wanted her to continue. I'd like to have a friend like that.

It was a good setup to her joining the new hunting crew which made her look like a newbie 'cause she (clare) always done things her own way. All the voice actors did a powerful job of making ep9 feel like an experience as if we were there observing.

I don't know nothing about the manga, only what I have seen in the shows and haven't and WONT read spoilers.
Old 2007-06-01, 16:15   Link #148
Lendial

it seems like the author really wants us to symphathize with clare and hate helen. its definately working for me.
Old 2007-06-02, 03:00   Link #149
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

Good ep, the battle between Clare and No.6 was cool. But the thing that interests me most is they have a male awakener, so that could mean there are successful case of male Claymores, or the organization is still experimenting with that. If they made Raki a Claymore, he and Clare will kick major ass.
Old 2007-06-02, 04:20   Link #150
Child_of_Sierra

Pity that there is very little humor in Claymore cause it would have been funny if Miria's thoughts about her team were shown :

I'm your leader and my number is 6, I've hunted 6 V. Eaters to date and you three make this team the worst ever.

Deneve: ... ... ...
Helen:
Clare: Raki, stay in town so you don't get eaten by that.
Raki: I can handle myself against V. Eaters!
Clare: That's not what I'm concerned about...
Raki:

eps end:
Miria: Gah, its a male and it hit on me first! Considering the other three I guess that makes sense... what were the organization thinking! Even the information was wrong!

Rubel:
Old 2007-06-02, 08:27   Link #151
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Or...
Helen, looking at the bone from the drumstick-"I can't belive I ate the whole thing!"
Deneve-"Your going to get fat Helen. It's going right to your thighs."
Old 2007-06-02, 10:23   Link #152
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hey, this would be cool, not to mention funny - if we made a blooper reel for each of the episodes - that way we can get our Claymore Comedy fix each week.

Miria: I'll admit, your rank does bother me. When I first met you, I thought that I was standing in front of the strongest amongst us. ... that sexy red glow you had around your body...I couldn't stop thinking about you... huh, this isn't my script!!
*growls* HELEN~!!

Clare: -_-; You could have stopped at 'sexy red glow' you know...

Helen: *sneaking away*

Deneve:

~*~

Helen: Hey, that can't be your kid. Don't tell me he's going to fight?!

Clare: He'll stay in town. We'll go look for lodging.

Helen: Ah~ha, he's your little boy toy eh?

Clare: I'm not sharing him with you. *pulls Raki to herself*

Helen: Huh...?

Clare: Rabona has altar boys for only 4 bars. Get your own.

Deneve: *stands up and begins to walk out the door*

Helen: Wh-Where are you going?

Deneve: To get one before the sale runs out. You want one Miria?

Miria: *sigh* Hmmm, get me two. *tosses her 8 bars* Make sure they're cute too.
Old 2007-06-02, 11:17   Link #153
IMSabbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
it seems like the author really wants us to symphathize with clare and hate helen. its definately working for me.
Come on, you have to agree that clare behaves stupid, right?
Theresa had the ability to back up carrying a child around, but Mrs. "I die nearly every day" to bring a brat to a fight against a real bad enemy seems beyond stupid.

Especially considering Clare is well aware about the extend of her a abilities (take a look at her emberassed silenec when her rank is told)
Old 2007-06-02, 11:34   Link #154
LilleNisse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Miria: I'll admit, your rank does bother me. When I first met you, I thought that I was standing in front of the strongest amongst us. ... that sexy red glow you had around your body...I couldn't stop thinking about you... huh, this isn't my script!!
*growls* HELEN~!!

Deneve:

~*~

I think you're turning this into something ells then a comedy
But I like it!
I could really see clare from the episode just pulling Raki as you said and looking with thos eyes on Helen saying "get your own"
Old 2007-06-02, 12:51   Link #155
dutchman
Follower of Claymorerism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Hey, this would be cool, not to mention funny - if we made a blooper reel for each of the episodes - that way we can get our Claymore Comedy fix each week.

*growls* HELEN~!!

Deneve:

~*~

Lol Tempest I see eps9 in a whole other light now

It would indeed be real funny if they added comedy omakes like your example on the DVD.
Old 2007-06-02, 12:55   Link #156
Claymore_Obsessed

Claire: Yes he is. The man in black said, Raki will be our team leader for this mission, indeed.

Milia: If those are the Org orders, fine with me

Denev: ...

Helen: UAAAARGHHH

Claire: ....just kidding.
Old 2007-06-02, 13:10   Link #157
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Helen "And so you see, Claire, at 47, is the lowest ranked Claymore."
Raki "Doesn't matter what her rank is. She's the main charecter."
Helen "Oh Shi- I'm sorry ma'am, I, I was just joking, please don't get me fired, I really need this part!"
Or
Helen, offering the drumstick to Deneve "Want some?"
Deneve "I'm on a diet."
Old 2007-06-02, 23:48   Link #158
zoozoc
Anime is my drug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouvley View Post
So the new cast of claymores are introduced in this ep, let's hope they last a bit longer than the last batch eh?

Actually I've noticed Irene features quite prominently in the OP, so maybe she isn't dead yet?
or they plan on changing the op half way through....
Old 2007-06-03, 00:15   Link #159
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman View Post
Lol Tempest I see eps9 in a whole other light now

It would indeed be real funny if they added comedy omakes like your example on the DVD.
C'mon, it would be a crime not to.

Granted, one stipulation with the humor thing - it can only relate to the events that happen in the current ep or related to past ones. Manga comparisons with the events in the episode would be allowed (I think). That would be the only rule - so no manga spoilers should pop up if we keep the just what happened in the ep, right? ^^
Old 2007-06-03, 00:56   Link #160
Nesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child_of_Sierra View Post

About Clare smiling behind them:

it could be a badly drawn face but I prefer to think that she was only showing an unconscious emotion of joy thinking that she finally gets to face an Awakened being. No amount of bullying would prevent her from coming along. (the battle earlier hinted she actually wanted to meet one)

i think it was a badly drawn face T_T, there's maybe more reason behind it but that's the feeling i'm getting. i just wished that miria's voice was a BIT younger, just a tad bit. she comes of a bit as a obasan with that voice of hers lol! still tho, awesome ep
Closed Thread