AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-23, 10:10   Link #141
maximilianjenus
[E]

Realistically speaking they should be around the same age as bernkastel which is slightly youngr than jessica, but not as young as maria.
Old 2009-03-29, 21:23   Link #142
Mikachiru
test

My intuition says the Umineko anime will turn out good or at least decent. For the sketches, I don't really have much to say except I can't wait to see Kanon in action. For me, bishi is good...

I don't really think the red words would be excluded because the whole point of them is to keep you from forming any random theory you want. I could easily say "everyone commited suicide" and no one could really say I'm wrong. But Beato's red words, on the other hand, can. I don't think they will skip it.

I wonder if they will do something for the tea parties, especially Ep. 2's tea party...
Old 2009-04-04, 05:53   Link #143
hodil
Solve me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikachiru View Post
I wonder if they will do something for the tea parties, especially Ep. 2's tea party...
Spoiler for This?:
Old 2009-04-04, 13:01   Link #144
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I sincerely hope that, just like it's predecessor, there is going to be at least one character with constant "Nano Desu".
Old 2009-04-05, 13:26   Link #145
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I sincerely hope that, just like it's predecessor, there is going to be at least one character with constant "Nano Desu".

I you mean Bernkastel I need to dissapoint you Bern does not use nano desu since her personality is like emo Rika (and she will probably have the emo Rika voice to since they would destroy Bern with that ´cute happy go lucky Rika voice) and Rika NEVER uses nano desu with that voice
Old 2009-04-05, 14:00   Link #146
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanyuuChan View Post
I you mean Bernkastel I need to dissapoint you Bern does not use nano desu since her personality is like emo Rika (and she will probably have the emo Rika voice to since they would destroy Bern with that ´cute happy go lucky Rika voice) and Rika NEVER uses nano desu with that voice
I'm aware of that, I didn't tried to refer to her . It would be indeed really weird to hear "Nano Desu" with the darkish Frederika voice (provided the same voiceactor is going to perform her role).

That's why I said at least one character (maybe the siesta sisters, or the stake nee-chans dunno if there was any). Unfortunately I don't know if there was one such character in the VN, since nano desu aren't translated, and my japanese knowledge only consist of several spoken words, but of course that's not even remotely close enough to check it.
Old 2009-04-05, 14:45   Link #147
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well there is Maria and her Uu~
Old 2009-04-05, 17:01   Link #148
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Technically not lolis (mostly), but the blanket term "killer lolis" seems to fit quite well.

Hirgurashi has basically has the three-four "killer lolis" (six if you count the ones that "never" kill anybody), even though only thee could be considered lolis (Rika, Satoko, and Hanyuu) were as Umineko has the potential for well over a dozen "killer lolis" even if only one is really a loli. (Maria)
Old 2009-04-05, 17:39   Link #149
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Spoiler for beatos habits:
Old 2009-04-06, 12:22   Link #150
maximilianjenus
[E]

or maybe they just did nto feel like designign the pipe atm.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:29   Link #151
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Technically not lolis (mostly), but the blanket term "killer lolis" seems to fit quite well.

Hirgurashi has basically has the three-four "killer lolis" (six if you count the ones that "never" kill anybody), even though only thee could be considered lolis (Rika, Satoko, and Hanyuu) were as Umineko has the potential for well over a dozen "killer lolis" even if only one is really a loli. (Maria)
Wait a sec, i'm not sure who are the killer loli you are referring to. To me the only loli shown in Higurashi are Rika, Satoko and Hanyuu, and except Satoko none of them really killed anyone.

Shion Mion and Rena are too old to be considered loli, imho. And btw did Mion actually killed anyone (in the anime)?

Old 2009-04-06, 13:23   Link #152
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As far as I know Mion and Hanyuu never kill anyone (of course that depends...who is Mion/who is Shion?). I'm not sure on Rika yet (anime isn't finished yet). As I said, "killer lolis" is a blanket term that has been used for the Higurashi girls since the anime started. Different people term "loli" differently based on what is considered "legal" in their own counties rather than the base lolita type. Thus while Rena, Shion, and Mion are not actual lolis, they tend to get covered by the blanket term "killer lolis" anyway.

It also can be a fun.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:18   Link #153
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I can understand Rena to a certain degree, but Mion and Shion are 18 (aren't they?) and they are well developed.

Anyway i really think killer loli fans shouldn't be disappointed by umineko, since there are at least 7 of them, and they fit the definition a lot better.

Old 2009-04-06, 14:32   Link #154
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I thought Mion and Shion were about 16-17. I thought Keiichi was about 15 like Rena and Mion one year older or at least one grade above them. I'm not sure though.

Yes, the stakes fit the definition better but aren't they about the same "age" as Kanon? At least if it's drawn proportional they are as tall as him and Shannon.

The only loli in my opinion would be Frederica (which won't appear often for now), Lambda (same as Bern) and Maria.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:43   Link #155
Auria

Dunno where but somewhere I heard in the VNs Keiichi is 17-18, Rika/Satoko 12 and in the Anime 15/8-10. But I guess that "information" was only based on speculation so far. Only Satokos age is has one slightly mention in the VNs as far as I remember (one digit in a certain year..)

But either way killer lolis is based on appereances nowadays, not the actual age. Don't care about it since I avoid people which only liked Higurashi because of the killer lolis. >_>"
Old 2009-04-06, 14:48   Link #156
Kitsu
The unlucky one

I watched it first because of said "killer lolis". Because I was curious, I only saw a youtube video were the girls were shown laughing totally insane. And I was like "What the? That's a little bit creepy" So I read the first arc as a manga then I was totally..."Whoa that's cool" because you saw how he slowly lost his sanity and you didn't know what was going on and wanted to know the truth. So after reading the first manga arc I was watching it for the mystery.
Old 2009-04-06, 14:53   Link #157
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

I hope DEEN wont do an big miss as they did with tomitakes graphitti t-shirt in higurashi

Last edited by sona-nyl; 2009-04-06 at 14:54. Reason: I accsidently quoted a me´ssage and I was not going to quote it since it did not have anything to do with my post
Old 2009-04-06, 14:55   Link #158
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I actually liked the humor and later the story more than the "killer loli" aspect. In fact the whole "killer loli" aspect was what was keeping me away for a while until the humor broke me down to watching. After that the "killer loli" aspect is more or less a fun (if incorrect) meme that continues on in the likes of "Those Killer Lolis" in reference to Mion's game club minus K1.

I'm hoping Umineko won't disappoint. Judging from all the various discussions, there are a lot of things they could do wrong or skip because of the media used.
Old 2009-04-06, 15:15   Link #159
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
I actually liked the humor and later the story more than the "killer loli" aspect. In fact the whole "killer loli" aspect was what was keeping me away for a while until the humor broke me down to watching. After that the "killer loli" aspect is more or less a fun (if incorrect) meme that continues on in the likes of "Those Killer Lolis" in reference to Mion's game club minus K1.

I'm hoping Umineko won't disappoint. Judging from all the various discussions, there are a lot of things they could do wrong or skip because of the media used.
yeah when something grows big EVERYBODY that can find a reason to sue becouse of copyright will do it when the newst batman movie that made batman popular again was realeased the town batman sued the creators of the movie
Old 2009-04-06, 15:22   Link #160
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
I thought Mion and Shion were about 16-17. I thought Keiichi was about 15 like Rena and Mion one year older or at least one grade above them. I'm not sure though.

Yes, the stakes fit the definition better but aren't they about the same "age" as Kanon? At least if it's drawn proportional they are as tall as him and Shannon.

The only loli in my opinion would be Frederica (which won't appear often for now), Lambda (same as Bern) and Maria.
I can't find anywhere the age of the main characters but for some reasons i think to remember mion and shion are 18... anyway... i think that Keiichi is a high schooler, and that would mean he's either 15/16 or 16/17. Mion and Shion are one year older so they should be 16/17 or 17/18.
Keiichi really doesn't look like a middle schooler to me °°;

As for the stakes, in their case you can't consider their "real" age, because they can't age and they were born that way. It's the appearance that counts, and they look like 13, 14 max to me. Then maybe the anime will depict them older.

Quote:
I never really considered Shion/Mion and Rena as loli and i was unaware of the "killer loli" fad. However what made me curious were different images depicting Shion/Mion on "level5 mode". When i learned they came from an anime called "Higurashi no naku koro ni" i decided to download the fansubs without even knowing what was all about °°;

Closed Thread