AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-10-10, 17:17   Link #141
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 2:

Laffey might be sleepy, but she's good at noticing things. Funny, they have birds as the rescue squad.. not a gamer, so it's the first time to see them.

Poor San Diego got wrecked. Well, she can still sing even without her ship.

Kaga is the type that get easily angered.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-10-10 at 18:43.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 20:30   Link #142
devilo96

Well...maybe i should play the game again...i mean i love eps 1 and 2
I really enjoy this one...than kancolle...
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 20:35   Link #143
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
It's more like she forces herself to carry everything. She has to get over her PTSD and learn to trust others. I guess that's what her character arc will be about.
Probably a historical nod there about the actual USS Enterprise. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 20:57   Link #144
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 20:58   Link #145
grecefar

Enterprise was pretty hardcore but loved the battle with zuikaku, there is a lot's of name is getting hard to keep up.

I think I'm going to like queen elizabeth.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-10, 21:07   Link #146
Marina2

Unlike other Japanese ship girls, Zuisaku and Shoukaku's design looks really similar to their Kancolle counterpart. Funnything is it's Enterprise who use the Bow here.
Old 2019-10-10, 21:12   Link #147
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Laffey sleepiness is going to be a problem for anyone who going to carry her

Akagi and Kaga they dont get enough screen time
Old 2019-10-11, 05:22   Link #148
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Unlike other Japanese ship girls, Zuisaku and Shoukaku's design looks really similar to their Kancolle counterpart. Funnything is it's Enterprise who use the Bow here.
With the fuel tank size that makes her Kancolle version jelly..

Enterprise reminds me with a certain sword Symphogear with those stubbornness..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 07:24   Link #149
Vaans
NEET

Whenever Zuikaku speaks I'm reminded of, "No, senpai, this is our fight"

Also dem Jojo and Gundam Wing references.

Glad to see more of the girls like Hammann, Hornet, Long Island, Z23 and Prinz Eugen.

http://coolfunnyquotes.com .”

Last edited by Vaans; 2019-10-11 at 07:35.
Vaans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 11:50   Link #150
James Rye

This Kancolle with 120% fanservice is not half-bad. I think I got a fav ship with Prinz Eugen. She is deliciously evil. <3
No one got sunk but that is to be expected with those kinda shipgirl animes. You don't wanna end what brings the butter on your bread. xD
Old 2019-10-11, 14:42   Link #151
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

https://mobile.twitter.com/wtosh_/st...18940464644097

I think I've watched that movie before in a classroom, quite a long time ago though.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 18:14   Link #152
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Eugen doesn't have a single carrier and no one ever considers sending torpedo bombers after her fleet..? Heck the way she laid out her fleet even dive bombers would have done the trick.

To be fair the same goes to the AL girls, but at least they had carriers for air cover (Counting the CVE 1 more than RA had)
I assume this is a world where neither Halsey nor Nimitz existed... Cause those tactics there urrgs... seriously?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
Probably a historical nod there about the actual USS Enterprise. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.
Going by how the RA girls started a war (again) by sneak attacking a base... Well they are clearly condemned to repeat it

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-11, 23:26   Link #153
AstroNerdBoy

I have to say that episode 2 left me with an overall positive experience. I could have done without the ecchi moment that was there 'cause "reasons," but otherwise, not bad. So kinda glad I picked this series up to episode blog.

Now I just have to drop back and watch Kantai Collection sometime. 😅

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 13:20   Link #154
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Going by how the RA girls started a war (again) by sneak attacking a base... Well they are clearly condemned to repeat it
My comment was more directed at what happened historically to the Enterprise in WWII as well as her sister ships as an explanation for her behavior. This is already somewhat mitigated as historically she shouldn't be known as The Grey Ghost yet.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-12, 19:39   Link #155
Liddo-kun
is this so?

They watched the episode too.

Spoiler for akagi:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 03:27   Link #156
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
My comment was more directed at what happened historically to the Enterprise in WWII as well as her sister ships as an explanation for her behavior. This is already somewhat mitigated as historically she shouldn't be known as The Grey Ghost yet.
And my point is that events will repeat themselves

They are still the ships, they probably just remember WWII, which is why Enterprise is known as Grey Ghost.
As for the rest, nothing actually happened to Enterprise until very late in the war.

The reason she is behaving like that is most likely, because of what happened to her sisters. Moreover, for a while, she was the sole carrier in the pacific, so she is used to operate alone.

Enterprise only repairing critical damage is also an event that happened before btw. In fact, Halsey made her crew and the remaining Pearl Harbor workers repair damage ,that would need weeks of repairing, in just (I think) 48 hours.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-13, 21:17   Link #157
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
And my point is that events will repeat themselves
Yeah, I think this is a big point of the "war never changes" prologue they now had at the beginning of both the first two episodes. The whole question seems to be whether they are destined to repeat history over and over, or whether they can fight against fate. I think this is the point they are trying to make with the four main destroyers (Laffey, Javelin, Z23, Ayanami) -- they don't want to fight each other, but they are being propelled by fate and their countries' allegiances. Azur Lane is about overcoming differences and uniting against a common foe, the Sirens, but the Red Axis is making history's mistakes all over again by trying to make the Sirens' power their own. Each side believes they're doing the right thing for preservation of their own nation's interest and the good of the world.

I feel like they might be trying to set this up to be "the children will show us the way to a brighter tomorrow" sort of plot, whether the "older" ships are more duty-bound to their loyalties and perceived obligations, whereas the younger ships (the destroyers) end up trying to choose to friendship over war (and bonding with each other despite being enemies on paper). The real question is how the author of the anime decides to end this story -- what's the answer to Enterprise's despair? Will she be given a real reason for hope or just be proven right in the end? (Literally, I expect the last episode with either end with a repeat of the "war never changes" line as-is (a sad/despairing ending), or repeat it but add a coda/reflection to it ("but there's still reason to believe in a brighter tomorrow, and that's why we fight...").)

I think the fact that they don't have a commander character to rally around (other than having some of the "older girls" take more of a command role) means they sort of have to find their own answers, both internally and through each other. It gives the show a bit of a sense of existential crisis: were we born only to kill and be killed, or is there more to life than this?

Anyway, I think they've done a good job so far on the whole. The fights and the music around them create a lot of drama/tension (plus it's fun to see the characters from the game animated), and the whole thing has a lot of introspection -- the story is a question waiting for an answer. Of course there's the fanservice too, which was a bit on-the-nose but I guess prevents the anime from wallowing overly-much in Enterprise's bleak/despairing tone.
Old 2019-10-13, 23:05   Link #158
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Been FOREVER since I posted here, so yes, I'm obviously still alive for anyone who might remember me, lol.

Anyway...episode two...

Belfaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast!

...that is all.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-17, 14:06   Link #159
Marina2

Am I only one who think Laffy in ponytail hairstyle look like Ayanami?
Old 2019-10-17, 16:01   Link #160
Dop
Mmmm....

Given that the actual HMS Belfast is a tourist attraction parked on the Thames near London Bridge, I do wonder what the reaction of the staff would be if cosplayers started turning up.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sea battles, ship girls