AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-11, 13:21   Link #141
dragonlord9

It's been such a long time since i enjoy a new anime. It has a nice feel in it. i was starting to get bored and sick of anime(especially ecchi) and was even planning to give up on anime,but after watching kimi to boku i got my anime spirit back again. The plot,music,art,comedy and everything else has such a nice anime feel to it. Hope more people will watch this show ^_^
dragonlord9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 16:18   Link #142
ookamigirl

Shun's haircut was nice to watch ^^
Kanamecchi still sensitive about his family...
Story about glasses was nice too.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 18:54   Link #143
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh, Chizuru has the Lancer drive-girls-crazy mole...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 22:18   Link #144
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Heh, Chizuru has the Lancer drive-girls-crazy mole...
Will I get laughed at mercilessly if I admit that I have no clue what you're talking about?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 03:48   Link #145
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Will I get laughed at mercilessly if I admit that I have no clue what you're talking about?
Sorry, Fate/Zero thing. One of the characters is based on this legend.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:41   Link #146
LKK

^^ That's for the clarification. I'm watching Fate/Zero, but I knew nothing about Lancer's legend. (Thanks also for not laughing at me mercilessly. )

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 12:29   Link #147
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
^^ That's for the clarification. I'm watching Fate/Zero, but I knew nothing about Lancer's legend. (Thanks also for not laughing at me mercilessly. )
I never even finished F/SN, so I'm sympathetic when it comes to not being a Type:Moon expert.
Old 2011-11-14, 15:15   Link #148
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Just watched the newest episode. I can't get enough of the opening, it just shows what good friends they are :P

Spoiler for Episode 7:

Another good episode, I must say.
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 15:21   Link #149
Sides

Think it is getting better with each episode. Don't know how to sumerise this episode, but i think it displays different kind of friendships.
Spoiler:

I don't know how other people see it, but the characters in this series are probably the most realistic I have ever seen. However what this show does great is, to make it still interesting to watch.
I don't know how many episodes are left, but at the moment I think this is going to be my the slumber hit for 2011. Hope the remaining episode are not going to disappoint.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:19   Link #150
Dop
Mmmm....

I love the way the character development in this show is going. Nothing flashy, nothing rushed, just very natural. For me this is one of those shows which has turned out better than expected, and one of those good shows which doesn't really get the attention it deserves.

And did anyone spot the Squid Girl lookalike?
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:33   Link #151
hi1234

[QUOTE=DXMichael;3857211]Just watched the newest episode. I can't get enough of the opening, it just shows what good friends they are :P

Spoiler for Episode 7:

I might be wrong, but I think what Yuta meant with the CD was a comparison to her friends. He said that the CD grew on him and he started to slowly like it. I think he was saying to Takahashi that she will slowly begin to like and accept her friends. I remember Takahashi mentioning that she was afraid to be alone, so she latched onto her "friends" so she would not become isolated (as her personality is portrayed as a book nerd, which often leads to isolation). Also at the end im pretty sure they broke up... which i dont really understand.

Anyways, good anime overall... it reminds me of kimi ni todoke, slice of life type of anime... which is always refreshing to watch.
hi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 16:59   Link #152
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
I might be wrong, but I think what Yuta meant with the CD was a comparison to her friends. He said that the CD grew on him and he started to slowly like it. I think he was saying to Takahashi that she will slowly begin to like and accept her friends. I remember Takahashi mentioning that she was afraid to be alone, so she latched onto her "friends" so she would not become isolated (as her personality is portrayed as a book nerd, which often leads to isolation). Also at the end im pretty sure they broke up... which i dont really understand.

Anyways, good anime overall... it reminds me of kimi ni todoke, slice of life type of anime... which is always refreshing to watch.
Is that so? Aww, that sucks if thats how it is, I find them a good couple XD
DXMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-14, 19:37   Link #153
~BC~

Spoiler for episode 7:

Last edited by ~BC~; 2011-11-15 at 00:55. Reason: tags
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 00:50   Link #154
4Tran

Kimi to Boku - Episode 7

Hey look! Kimi to Boku can pull off drama as well as slice of life. Simple setup + decent dialogue + neat resolution = pretty good episode. Lots of current shows can stand to learn from this.

If it weren't for the initial barrier to entry, Kimi to Boku would be a lot more popular.
Old 2011-11-15, 02:08   Link #155
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Loved ep7. So delicate and subtle. Little tendrils of feeling in all directions for us to feel, evaluate, enjoy.

I think the CD analogy was meant to be readable in both ways: about the two, and about her and her friends. Did she buy a new CD for him and keep the cracked one? I didn't see the crack on the case she was putting in the shoebox.

The writer of this episode was Hanada Jukki, writer of Rozen Maiden, Kashimashi, Sorakake Girl, sola, Kuragehime, Steins;Gate, etc. And the series writer is Yoshida Reiko (Marimite, D Gray Man, K-On, etc.) one of the few writers even more famous than Hanada.

Takahashi was played by the ubiquitous (look left and below), unrecognizable, wonderful Kayano Ai.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 02:20   Link #156
Dop
Mmmm....

I agree that the parable of the CD that grows on you is very ambiguous, as it could refer equally to Yuta's feeling to Takahashi as well as Takahashi's feelings to her friends.
It's clear that Yuta was being very sympathetic to Takahashi, so even if they 'broke up' I'd hope they'd still be friends, and maybe something will blossom naturally between them over time.

The people who decided not to watch this after the first episode don't know what they're missing...
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 03:03   Link #157
Kakkou
Tch.

Episode 6 was something new for me so I enjoyed it even more not knowing what it was about, which is what I expect the second cour to do once it starts. Having a flashback that didn't center on their kindergarten days was a nice change.

I agree with everyone else that episode 7 handled the drama very well. It wasn't overblown, just simple and handled gracefully with the way it was brought on and resolved. As far as slice-of-life goes, KB definitely knows how to manage it's different aspects and not lean too much towards one or the other.

Next week looks like they're bringing in a later chapter forward once again. No idea who that is, but that's where the fun lies.
So... when are they going to finally animate the Akira and Kou-chan chapters? It's already time they did that before it's too late. >_>

Someone at JC Staff had fun with this frame:
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 16:07   Link #158
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Interesting how all the talk about girlfriends led no one to realize that one of them may indeed already have one, and it's not Yuuta, but Shun. After all, he won Misaki's heart pretty quickly and though we haven't seen her in this episode, everything suggests that she sees herself as his GF, even if he sees her as just a nice girl.

And Yuuta indeed is a good guy.I too hope he and Takahashi will eventually grow towards each other after all. They seem to match each other fairly well.
Old 2011-11-19, 08:43   Link #159
ookamigirl

Nice episode.
Hanging out with a girl was a nice change.
Those guys spend way too much time together anyway.
Guess they should eventually accept the girlfriend option.
Yuta & her looked nice together, but I felt sorry she had such mean friends.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-21, 15:43   Link #160
Sides

OK episode this week.
This week it is about the manga club/society Yuki joined. The first part is about how the group helps Yuki to compile a manga for the club. The second part deals with a club member, Matsushita Ryunosuke, and how he tries to write a manga using Yuki as the main character. Sounds dull, but it is kind of interesting and funny.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
j.c. staff, shounen, slice of life