3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-03-04, 19:14   Link #141
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Dude & dudet, I don't deny that plot armor was involved in this match, but on an even playing field, Aila would get crushed.

Lets look at the two basic gunplay cateogories:

Control: During the match, it was evident that Reiji's control ability is a considerable margin higher than Aila's.

Building: They're roughly equal in building ability.

The only trump she has over Reiji is her precognition ability that is granted by her ability to see Plavsky particles. That coupled with her exceptional control ability puts her on par with him. When the Embody system is equipped, I admit that she's above him, but it doesn't change the fact that she's using hax to win.

Moral of the story, take away Embody & use RG so that she can't predict the direction of the particles, then we have a clear winner & that is not Aila.

I know, but what's the point of teasing the name if we don't get to see it in use?

Ditto.
Uh no

In future battles though she's at a disadvantage in a tourney because:

She cant build gunpla at the level of the other top competitors, the Papillon was made for her, she never built it
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 19:33   Link #142
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Maybe the time with Sei's father is a start. I mean, with her unique ability and troubled past, it would be quite clear that she could be scouted by the gunpla police in the 2nd season (if there is one).
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 20:36   Link #143
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Uh no

In future battles though she's at a disadvantage in a tourney because:

She cant build gunpla at the level of the other top competitors, the Papillon was made for her, she never built it
Uh, I was talking about Reiji's building ability compared to Aila's. I'm not comparing her to world-class builders...lol Read my posts properly before replying to them.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 20:45   Link #144
Skye629

Quote:
Uh, I was talking about Reiji's building ability compared to Aila's. I'm not comparing her to world-class builders...lol Read my posts properly before replying to them.
Oh, I didnt read your other posts, only that one

nvm
Old 2014-03-04, 21:03   Link #145
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Oh, I didnt read your other posts, only that one

nvm
Don't sweat it dude. Its all good.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 03:00   Link #146
Nvis
Where are the good animes

What if Aila is also not from this world?

She's the only girl with white hair!!!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 03:42   Link #147
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
What if Aila is also not from this world?

She's the only girl with white hair!!!
Every female albino out there is offended by your comment
Old 2014-03-05, 05:00   Link #148
pikachuwei

Quote:

Control: During the match, it was evident that Reiji's control ability is a considerable margin higher than Aila's.
what

are we even watching the same show? Aila was completely shitstomping Reiji the entire match. The only things Reiji did were shoot down the invisible funnels and then catch the Lance before it ended SBS. He didn't put a single scratch on Aila until the finale when he grabbed Aila, kicked her and used Build Knuckle

Sure a lot of the fight happened with Embody system active, but at the very start right after shooting down the clear funnels Aila had a clear shot to win the match but decided to stab the ground instead. In that situation she wasn't under Embody's full output and I'd say even the Emobdy suit would have given her a negligible advantage in the move.

Can't take the job fight at the end as an indicator that Reiji was a superior pilot as by that point Aila had basically disarmed herself (dropping the funnels AFTER coming out of newtype mindsharing) and was in full on love-love mode.
Old 2014-03-05, 06:07   Link #149
kuroihikari2

She wasn't on "full-on love-love" mode.

She seriously wanted to beat Reiji with raw talent and didn't job. She just couldn't do it. Everything after the newtype scene was Aila wanting to start the fight over fresh and fairly: The SBS had lost all of its weapons because of the Embody system, so she also lost hers.

You've got to understand their characters: Reiji and Aila, despite their fondness for one another will compete with each other with everything they've got. That's what they've always done. Aila gave the extra money Reiji gave her back because she didn't want to owe him. She wouldn't want Reiji to keep his promise to her because she jobbed.
kuroihikari2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 06:32   Link #150
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
The SBS had lost all of its weapons because of the Embody system, so she also lost hers.

You've got to understand their characters: Reiji and Aila, despite their fondness for one another will compete with each other with everything they've got.
So which is it? Did Aila fight with all she had or did she purposely not use the funnels/bits she just dropped just because Reiji jad lost many of his weapons?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 06:44   Link #151
kuroihikari2

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So which is it? Did Aila fight with all she had or did she purposely not use the funnels/bits she just dropped just because Reiji jad lost many of his weapons?
She restarted the fight on equal footing. Then gave it all she had. They're not mutually exclusive.

Just like the meat bun money: She didn't keep the money to herself, or gave it all back to Reiji, she gave back exactly what she thought was fair to both of them.
Old 2014-03-05, 06:59   Link #152
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
She restarted the fight on equal footing. Then gave it all she had. They're not mutually exclusive.

Just like the meat bun money: She didn't keep the money to herself, or gave it all back to Reiji, she gave back exactly what she thought was fair to both of them.
In other words, she willingly limits herself down to his level. That's not fighting with all she had with respect to her opponent. That's condescending arrogance, and it's further punctuated given the way she mocked him.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 07:18   Link #153
kuroihikari2

Quote:
In other words, she willingly limits herself down to his level. That's not fighting with all she had with respect to her opponent. That's condescending arrogance, and it's further punctuated given the way she mocked him.
I personally don't view it as condescending arrogance, but I think viewing it as such is legitimate point of view. After all, when a person gets defeated because of "condescending arrogance" then he/she got its just desserts.

What I strongly believe in, though, is that it's consistent with her character, regardless of her feelings for Reiji. All throughout the series, she has consistently thought that she'll surely beat everyone she fights, regardless of handicap: "You'll lose to me, anyway", as she puts it. She didn't go out of character for love.

Heck, this problem started because she was worried about the inevitability of beating Reiji. If she didn't have that worry, her performance wouldn't have been affected, and thus the Flana institute guy wouldn't have had to mess with her brain.

Come to think of it, it's the same thing with Nils, he was so sure he got the game down pat that he rejected an offer that could improve his gunpla. Or with the Renato brothers, when they were mocking Yuuki at the fountain and didn't finish him immediately, despite overwhelming advantage. Or with Luang when he was taking the Renato brothers' bullets face on because he thought they couldn't possibly do any harm to his gunpla.
Old 2014-03-05, 09:48   Link #154
Scorpiopt

Is it me or the Qubeley Papillon fired shots from its hands (minute 15 )? i dont find it listed from its armaments on gundam wikia

Edit : upon rewatching at a slower speed its the same weapon has the original Qubeley

Last edited by Scorpiopt; 2014-03-05 at 09:58.
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:05   Link #155
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Still wouldn't mind if next week's episode opened up with Sei's Dad arresting the Flana Institute guys and the guy behind Team Nemesis. While satisfying to have Aila just chew them out and turn to the battle it would be nice to see them actually suffer consequences for their actions.

Past this series it would be tough for Aila to beat Reiji long as he pilots anything with that System. Pretty much like fighting someone and then they shine a flashlight in your eye.
Old 2014-03-05, 11:14   Link #156
Nitestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Still wouldn't mind if next week's episode opened up with Sei's Dad arresting the Flana Institute guys and the guy behind Team Nemesis. While satisfying to have Aila just chew them out and turn to the battle it would be nice to see them actually suffer consequences for their actions.

Past this series it would be tough for Aila to beat Reiji long as he pilots anything with that System. Pretty much like fighting someone and then they shine a flashlight in your eye.
Wouldn't Aila also have to face consequences then? Revealing anything about the Flana Insititute also means the fact that Aila was cheating also comes to light. Just what kind of authority would Gunpla Police or whatever have anyways? All I can see Sei's Dad doing is banning or suspending the company and Aila from future tournaments.
Nitestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:49   Link #157
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That is, if Takeshi stop crying because of his wife.

Mao: MISAYA-CHAN!!!

Takeshi: RINKO-CHAN!!!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 11:50   Link #158
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitestorm View Post
Wouldn't Aila also have to face consequences then? Revealing anything about the Flana Insititute also means the fact that Aila was cheating also comes to light. Just what kind of authority would Gunpla Police or whatever have anyways? All I can see Sei's Dad doing is banning or suspending the company and Aila from future tournaments.
Considering how weird the series can be that there actually are Gunpla Police...I wouldn't be surprised if they could throw all these guys behind bars for life sentences . More seriously probably banning the Flana Institute and Nemesis from any official tournaments. Maybe fines.

Aila would probably be fine due to age and having a duress defense. Was certainly being threatened and didn't feel there was any legitimate out for her.
Old 2014-03-05, 12:11   Link #159
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Every female albino out there is offended by your comment
...or just a normal old women
Old 2014-03-05, 12:53   Link #160
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
In all fairness Team Nemesis was cheating to begin with.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote