AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-05-18, 12:19   Link #141
HoboGod
Necromancer

that is the worst law i've ever heard of... who makes rules for debating? O_o...
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 12:22   Link #142
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Send a message via AIM to dragonz20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
gender is 100x more sacred than race or nationality. i can understand wanting to protect women... but when men have to conform to women, there is a big fucking problem. white people aren't forced to be more like black people to end racism. europeons aren't forced to be like ethiopians to end unfair treatment. why the hell should women be allowed to insist we change to better them.
that's one way of looking at it but white people had to adjust to their lifesyles after the civil war and the end of slavery. and it took decades more before blacks weren't officially treated as 2nd class citizens. white people had to conform/change their habits/thinking for the sake of equality between whites and blacks so what you're saying doesn't hold water.
dragonz20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 12:34   Link #143
HoboGod
Necromancer

ah, but for the most part, it was only a way of thinking they had to conform to, not a habbit. in fact, other than slavery, i see no other habbit that the magority had to conform to. and that was far too long ago to be an issue today.
Old 2004-05-18, 12:42   Link #144
Joe Dalton

*grin* editing out an insult after being quoted
Joe Dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 12:51   Link #145
HoboGod
Necromancer

ah, and i forgot to add:

when slavery ended, white people didn't have to act like black people. white people could be their own race without being called chauvanist pigs.
Old 2004-05-18, 12:54   Link #146
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
ah, but for the most part, it was only a way of thinking they had to conform to, not a habbit. in fact, other than slavery, i see no other habbit that the magority had to conform to. and that was far too long ago to be an issue today.
just because it happen a long time ago doesn't mean that we should disregard it. this example is directly related to racial discrimination. and if you actually think that racial discrimination doesn't still exist today in america then you have lived a very sheltered life.

and i can already point out another example which is directly related to this topic: woman suffrage law. to law open to door to allow women to be freed from their expected traditional duties of mother and housewife and gave them the opportunity to find jobs that would put them on equal footing with men. men had to adjust to this accordingly and if it must, men will continue to adjust as time progresses.

and you and i and everyone else are a direct byproduct of these adjustments. assuming you are white, 50 years ago, you wouldn't have hesistated in using the n word (to describe a african american). but i very much doubt you are using the word nowadays and even if you do, i don't you think you'd be bold enough to use it at a Jay-Z concert. This proves my point that your language will change and contort if it is demanded by the general populace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dalton
*grin* editing out an insult after being quoted
I removed it to avoid being modded you mindless dolt. but now i don't care...
Old 2004-05-18, 12:58   Link #147
Joe Dalton

rofl... someone that cant grasp the concept of irony should not speak of someone else as a mindless dolt... I was rather amazed at your reply though

Not 2 mention the tag team with mr. paper of showing a complete lack of grasping serious from humor with the crushing... all in all I thank you for giving me a good laugh today
Old 2004-05-18, 13:02   Link #148
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
rofl... someone that cant grasp the concept of irony should not speak of someone else as a mindless dolt... I was rather amazed at your reply though
It is ironic that u developed a sense of proper english language structure and grammar all of a sudden when not so long ago you were claiming english as a 2nd language as an excuse for your horrible posts.

edit1: you are also assuming that I was flaming you for seriousness and not because I am bored out of my mind and having a bit of fun...
Old 2004-05-18, 13:06   Link #149
Joe Dalton

that is not ironic actualy though I think your attempt at redeeming yourself is cool
The reason for my posts is simply that I dont use any time 2 type them out... I never used them as an excuse I was merely pointing out it is rude and ignorant 2 instead of making an effort 2 understand what the other means simply dismissing a question or reply because you consider it 2 be bad english

Would you like an explanation of irony?
Old 2004-05-18, 13:13   Link #150
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
that is not ironic actualy though I think your attempt at redeeming yourself is cool
The reason for my posts is simply that I dont use any time 2 type them out... I never used them as an excuse I was merely pointing out it is rude and ignorant 2 instead of making an effort 2 understand what the other means simply dismissing a question or reply because you consider it 2 be bad english

Would you like an explanation of irony?
absolutely not. and it is definitely ironic since i remember a post you made claiming that the reason you wrote so poorly was because english wasn't your first language. but you're giving a different excuse now. not only is it ironic but plain bullshit.

i also suffer from typing too fast but you don't see me posting absolute garbage and i do go back and edit my post afterwards for grammatical checks (and sometimes taking out heated flaming words). and from the way we've been posting back and forth, you choose to type badly and can write decently well and fast.

in all honesty, i am just picking on you because AS has been awefully quiet lately. With Jappi banned, I don't see a lot of controversial posting that really offends me lately so I am just trying to start trouble.
Old 2004-05-18, 13:17   Link #151
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonz20
just because it happen a long time ago doesn't mean that we should disregard it. this example is directly related to racial discrimination. and if you actually think that racial discrimination doesn't still exist today in america then you have lived a very sheltered life.
descrimination goes both ways. malcom x is a fine example of that.

The sins of the father should not be passed to the son. the decendants of a serial killer don't get executed, why should the decendants of slave owners be held equally responsible?

those who hold a grudge for 200 years are fools who don't deserve my attention.

Quote:
and i can already point out another example which is directly related to this topic: woman suffrage law. to law open to door to allow women to be freed from their expected traditional duties of mother and housewife and gave them the opportunity to find jobs that would put them on equal footing with men. men had to adjust to this accordingly and if it must, men will continue to adjust as time progresses.
that was perfectly fine, bluntly reasonable: no taxation without representation. a vallid arguement that won women the right to vote.

Quote:
and you and i and everyone else are a direct byproduct of these adjustments. assuming you are white, 50 years ago, you wouldn't have hesistated in using the n word (to describe a african american). but i very much doubt you are using the word nowadays and even if you do, i don't you think you'd be bold enough to use it at a Jay-Z concert. This proves my point that your language will change and contort if it is demanded by the general populace.
i'm a product of my enviorment, i cannot deny that, nor can i change it... but right now is more important than current events older than my great grandfather.
Old 2004-05-18, 13:19   Link #152
Joe Dalton

hmmm first part ill leave for a pm

Its still not ironic...
And I still do not blame english not being my first language for my posts... heck I consider the lack of punctuation the typo's and horrible sentence structure somewhat of a trademark ive grown 2 love.
at the time I was talking about a PM conversation I had and was pointing out the stupidty of xris in that matter

Well... other than that you didnt say anything... come on gimme more of your funny stuff

I have rarely seen anyone more talented at digging their own grave and than trying anything 2 crawl out of it
Old 2004-05-18, 13:27   Link #153
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
i'm a product of my enviorment, i cannot deny that, nor can i change it... but right now is more important than current events older than my great grandfather.
But that's my whole point. What I am saying is that it happened in the past and who's the say that it won't happen again. A huge push for some or total equality between men and women. we'd then be forced to change the way we think, speak or act and it will influence our children accordingly.

Quote:
hmmm first part ill leave for a pm

Its still not ironic...
And I still do not blame english not being my first language for my posts... heck I consider the lack of punctuation the typo's and horrible sentence structure somewhat of a trademark ive grown 2 love.
at the time I was talking about a PM conversation I had and was pointing out the stupidty of xris in that matter

Well... other than that you didnt say anything... come on gimme more of your funny stuff

I have rarely seen anyone more talented at digging their own grave and than trying anything 2 crawl out of it
you're assuming iam not digging it for you.
Old 2004-05-18, 13:28   Link #154
Joe Dalton

... oh shit he's out 2 get me
Old 2004-05-18, 13:41   Link #155
dragonz20
Cantonese Dimples

Quote:
... oh shit he's out 2 get me
I am going to bury you along with all your damn smileys...
Old 2004-05-18, 13:48   Link #156
Joe Dalton

Dude you got your ass kicked Im just you up now
Old 2004-05-18, 13:55   Link #157
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
*Grins* 2 guys debating for women about feminism.... this is clasic
First of all, read my post again and understand that in no way was I claiming to be a true feminist--if that's what you were assuming. I don't even fully grasp the whole thing. At first, I had to reread some of the stuff that was given to me more than twice--whole chapters even--especially when one of the essays was about how "women should learn to write with their bodies." Plus, I don't think I have that much credibility to be considered as one either. However, what's there is there. I'm not going to turn a blind eye when I think something is unfair or wrong in my book.

This might interest you. Do some research about a woman named Camille Paglia if you have the time, and you might be surprised. In fact, I think I'll get to it one of these days myself. I assure you, some of the stuff she's saying is interesting--how she's against "political correctness" for instance, and how she turns the argument against "middle-class feminists" and their age-old struggle. And she's a woman btw. So much so, that I find it far-fetched when people off-handedly refer to her as a mysoginist when, in fact, she admits that she's a feminist herself.

Moreover, her criticisms arguably carry a lot of weight and truth among the academe. She's a prominent figure among critical theorists. It just may not be your cup of tea however.

Just like I said a while ago, this conflict between genders is really never a simple thing between man and woman.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 14:12   Link #158
Joe Dalton

hmmm... Is irony still in the dictionary or did it get scratched without me knowing it?

Also getting back on topic I think this is something that sohuld be taken into acount

http://webpages.charter.net/redemption/banana/

Last edited by Joe Dalton; 2004-05-18 at 15:47.
Old 2004-05-18, 16:20   Link #159
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

Quote:
Dude you got your ass kicked Im just you up now

Joe Dalton, your flamming/ debating with the wrong AnimeSuki member!
Quote:
I am going to bury you along with all your damn smileys...
He means what said!! Sorry, but I've seen to many threads were dragonz20 has proven his point!
Cammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-18, 16:31   Link #160
Joe Dalton

pffffff...

He may bury my at some point in this future but as far as this little skirmish is concerned

He's a dead clown muhahaha

CRUSH!!!