2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-29, 00:36   Link #141
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis
She speaks to Hakuoro like a child with an adult, almost in an uncle-like sort and not like a fellow leader. In her one conversation she had spoken of her victor like a childish braggart.
I've noticed a few mention that she was boastful and bragging, but I disagree. It seemed to be all an act to me. A lot of things suggested it: her horror after killing Kanhorudari; the 'upset/saddened' tilt of her eyebrows when she was 'bragging'; her laughter that sounded so obviously forced; her realization that 'Hakuoro understood' and her complete turnabout in position (gloating to grief); her later comment that 'he'd made her vulnerable'; her being grossed out at the later battlefield.

In Kuuya's position, she's undoubtedly been under constant pressure to be 'strong' as a young ruler (see: why she wore a mask). Her 'gloating' was putting on her 'strong' act. After Hakuoro stopped her, she realized she didn't have to act for him and she expressed her honest feelings (remorse, guilt, horror). Her 'vulnerability' line makes it clear that this is not common she can drop her 'strong ruler' act.

Hakuoro has been displaying a notable amount of sympathy towards her; if he seriously thought she enjoyed slaughtering her enemies I doubt he'd have stayed so silent. We would have heard more criticisms.

Kuuya can't say it's wonderful how she crushed Kanhorudari and his army, and also say that it was a horrible feeling killing them. If you watch her, it's clear her bragging was BS.
Old 2006-08-29, 06:52   Link #142
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Indeed Kuuya was hiding her weakness from Hakuoro.

But one cannot deny that Kuuya is not someone who can be a leader, she has no qualities for leadership at all.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-08-29, 06:56   Link #143
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
My thoughts on this episode:

KUUYA!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!!

My God, she is all into "Bush-mode", trying to conquest all the other countries bringing peace for her people destroying everyone else? She can't see she's not being better than those who atacked her country doing so? Why she didn't tried to make agreements or peace pacts first?

Still, i don't think she had much of a choice... it's obvious she was being manipulated from the very start, like all the other countries as well. Aparently, it's all that Dii's and the blue-haired-gayish-Dilandau-bunny 's doing.

And now she's acting even against Hakuoro? Why she chose just the Dilandau-bunny instead the spiked-haird-bunny? She don't know he will 'make a mistake' again and accidentally kill everybody?

'Bring Hakuoro to me', she said. Does she want a new toy in her jail or in her bedroom?

I think the producers are rushing the things too much in order to finish the series soon. We could see this arc in more details, using more two or three episodes.

On a side note, anyone else here is thinking that blue-hair-gayish-Dilandau bunny and the spiked-hair bunny sleep toghether?
Old 2006-08-29, 10:20   Link #144
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGilis
On a side note, anyone else here is thinking that blue-hair-gayish-Dilandau bunny and the spiked-hair bunny sleep toghether?
Not really, I doubt spiked-hair would want to sleep with him. Rather, I was actually wondering if blue-grayish hair was male or female.
Old 2006-08-29, 12:39   Link #145
PGilis
B-Gamer and anime otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to PGilis
The only thing i want to know is when this gayish psycho will be killed in the most gruesome, painful way ever. For all he did, he deserves to die in a very very bad way.

I want to see Mukkuru eating him alive or Karura dismembering him, veeery slowly.

If was not for him (and Dii), Kuuya would never fell so far in the dark side, in such desperation.
Old 2006-08-29, 19:08   Link #146
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ /second

but to be honest kuuya is a bit childish to be malipulated like that...i think shes very insacure

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-04, 01:44   Link #147
Cardiac Glycoside

A better parallel for all of Kunnekamun is [the greater part of the world's perception of] Israel.

Even before the Holocaust, the Jews got a lot of shit from the rest of the world because of differences in religion and other things. Parallel--the Shakukoporu worship a different god than the rest of the nations and were thus persecuted. Then, this tribe was granted a greater power than anything else seen in the world. Similarly, the Israelis military is/was technologically light years away from their immediate neighbors. Both were able to kick their enemies' asses despite their minority status.

The difference, in my POV, is that Kunnekamun, unlike Israel, seeks a coldly "logical" solution to their problems. "Logically" speaking, in order to gain security, both must invade and kill their enemies until none are left. Perhaps I am naive, but from what I gather from Israeli blogs I read, Israelis do not what to annhiliate Arabs.

So I think Israel is a better comparison due to the centuries-long oppression both have suffered. (Off the record, I do not support the Iraqi Adventure, but for different, more antiquated reasons than those given by a typical Hollywooder or European).