1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-02-27, 04:55   Link #141
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
It is a shame that Minute Maid, Tropicana, etc did NOT support the Rebellion
Spoiler:

the brandname of the Orange juice thingy is blur and suppose to be generic brand, for shame

Spoiler:
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 09:09   Link #142
JayF

Of course the other juice companies don't support the Rebellion. There's only one juice company in Britannia and tha't's Orange-kun.

Orange kun-hating Zero!!!! since ep 4
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 10:30   Link #143
Cpt.Eirikr
=Just me=

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Cpt.Eirikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 10:33   Link #144
Juvyniled

I'd see this more in terms of something like Zegapain. While it's certainly flashy, it's entirety isn't based on the design of the mecha (I'd rather not call them mobile suits like other people, otherwise I'd be justifying that GSeed is a basis for mecha). The plot is what drives the anime.
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 16:27   Link #145
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
also WTF is the KF that Euphie pilot, it looks terrible like a frog >.< . Kero kero, kero kero :/
its an amphibious assault unit, while being a mecha is by default not entirely practical, it at leased seem entirely function and conceivable design wise, at lease its not some ridiculously cool looking but utter pointless designed KF not fluid dynamic friendly as your frog KF.

I'll take that frog mecha any other day then your stupid fairy wing gundam which has no point except make it look cool.

I like the mechanical design for this series, he thinks like he has some concept of functionality.

I mean compare to all the other types of real robots, KF are extremely vulnerable from behind, that pilot cabin is one sore point, hit and bye bye pilot.

in some ways KF share some of the problems modern tanks face, except it sacrifice target profile for extreme moveability, speed and firing advantages.
Old 2007-02-27, 17:24   Link #146
Juvyniled

The element is surprise is powerful factor. If you come into battle with the weirdest looking robot, there's no doubt people will be stunned.

I'm guessing that since the frames are smaller, they would likely be more maneuverable. That would be why they approach the enemy in clusters (if you let the enemy get behind you, you're doing a very poor job). It appears that they are flexible enough to twist and turn. Not to mention, Frames dont seem to be suited for space. Gundams need to "fly" essentially, something that frames don't require because most of their combat is on the ground. So a gundam has to be larger to support thrusters and such that keep it afloat. Considering they have "cities" in space, Gundams are practical and functional for their environment. But even I'd have to say that suits like the Freedom and such move a little too quickly...
Juvyniled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-27, 17:58   Link #147
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
its an amphibious assault unit, while being a mecha is by default not entirely practical, it at leased seem entirely function and conceivable design wise, at lease its not some ridiculously cool looking but utter pointless designed KF not fluid dynamic friendly as your frog KF.

I'll take that frog mecha any other day then your stupid fairy wing gundam which has no point except make it look cool.

I like the mechanical design for this series, he thinks like he has some concept of functionality.

I mean compare to all the other types of real robots, KF are extremely vulnerable from behind, that pilot cabin is one sore point, hit and bye bye pilot.

in some ways KF share some of the problems modern tanks face, except it sacrifice target profile for extreme moveability, speed and firing advantages.
You see, your problem is lumping all the gundams, including Wing and SEED together, and criticizing the mobile suits.

The amphibious mobile suits are awesome designs too.
Heck, one of my favorite mechs of all time is Hy-Gogg. Behold its beauty.
Here's another awesome pic of it.

As for mech designs of KMFs...
My favorite is Guren 2. I like sturdy, rough, tough-as-nails looking mechs.
Otherwise, I like the new Gekka units that Todou and Shiseiken are using.
Old 2007-02-27, 18:36   Link #148
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
You see, your problem is lumping all the gundams, including Wing and SEED together, and criticizing the mobile suits.

The amphibious mobile suits are awesome designs too.
Heck, one of my favorite mechs of all time is Hy-Gogg. Behold its beauty.
Here's another awesome pic of it.

As for mech designs of KMFs...
My favorite is Guren 2. I like sturdy, rough, tough-as-nails looking mechs.
Otherwise, I like the new Gekka units that Todou and Shiseiken are using.
*off topic* god they did some really wonderful scenes with that zeon mech back in War in a Pocket. *off topic*

I've kinda liked the new Gekka beter. they have that look of FMP's Venom units, and they're a little more built up than the somewhat "incomplete testbed" look of the Guren

speaking of mecha, does anyone know exactly what's up with Todou's new sword? is it a sword at all for that matter? (he seemed to only use the rocket anchor and the booster on it)
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 19:14   Link #149
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

just wanna let u guys no that ep 18 subbed by your-mom has been released

u can get it from baka-updates
guiltygearxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:06   Link #150
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
just wanna let u guys no that ep 18 subbed by your-mom has been released

u can get it from baka-updates
Yeah, and that its quality and translation suck.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:20   Link #151
VetaMega

well..that must mean its really bad because gg does a pretty horrible job as well.
VetaMega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 21:25   Link #152
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

sux 4 yall then =/

glad i can read chinese and their subs r always fast & high quality in everyway
Old 2007-03-04, 21:30   Link #153
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VetaMega View Post
well..that must mean its really bad because gg does a pretty horrible job as well.
gg's quality is not what I'd call bad, but if you consider it so, the YourMom episode would seem like a nightmare from hell.

And their TL is certainly mental. Even their fellow subbers admit it at some point of the episode, which makes it really amusing.

Old 2007-03-04, 21:47   Link #154
guiltygearxt
C.C. belongs to me

either way, dl or not its ur choice, nobody is forcing u 2

im just saying that since its the only sub group out there for 18, its better than nothing unless u wanna keep waiting 4 nobody knows how long

probably 2 more days I'd say 4 gg 2 get it done
Old 2007-03-04, 22:15   Link #155
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
It is a shame that Minute Maid, Tropicana, etc did NOT support the Rebellion
Spoiler:

My question is, what the hell are boxes of take out pizza doing in a prestigious formal party?!?!? -_-
Yes, I know Pizza Hut sponsors this show or whatever but come on!
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a damn pizza party on the last episode.
-_-
Old 2007-03-05, 03:25   Link #156
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

I am so happy that Your-Mom picked Code geass. As for the people who say their quality sucks, well i dont agree with them. When they first started subbing their first anime ( Licensed by MFI so i will not name the anime) the first few episodes werent that good but after that they improved their quality and their subs are preaty good and also they are super fast.

Also they always pick the animes that are slow in being subbed so they are basically giving us favors for subbing it.

So basically thanks alot for picking up Code geass .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
My question is, what the hell are boxes of take out pizza doing in a prestigious formal party?!?!? -_-
Yes, I know Pizza Hut sponsors this show or whatever but come on!
I wouldn't be surprised if they had a damn pizza party on the last episode.
-_-
Well its not a Prestigious formal party ^_^. Its a party organised by the Student council for Suzuka. I doubt they have that much money to get shrimps, Steaks, ... for that many student guests .
Old 2007-03-05, 03:41   Link #157
Contempt
Counting Spoons

Send a message via MSN to Contempt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
So basically thanks alot for picking up Code geass .
Firstly I couldn't agree more... That and secondly, when concerning mech anime, I tend to believe the shinier or the more it resembles a 'human' the more powerful the mech... But then those are my warped beliefs, that and I tend to rely more heavily on the former.
Contempt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 08:11   Link #158
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by guiltygearxt View Post
sux 4 yall then =/

glad i can read chinese and their subs r always fast & high quality in everyway
Though I could also read chinese, I can never tell whether their subs are high quality or not.
Old 2007-03-05, 09:20   Link #159
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Why attack a group who took the time to try sub something for free. Why critic something that is for all purpose free. If I had to paid for it would be critical of the quality but I am not it was done by fan of the show I have no reason to but down their attempts nor should anyone try to put down someone for doing something for free. If you don't like their work than help them make it better by working with them. If you have no plan to help than don't come here and attack them.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 16:24   Link #160
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Quote:
Why attack a group who took the time to try sub something for free. Why critic something that is for all purpose free. If I had to paid for it would be critical of the quality but I am not it was done by fan of the show I have no reason to but down their attempts nor should anyone try to put down someone for doing something for free. If you don't like their work than help them make it better by working with them. If you have no plan to help than don't come here and attack them.
Hey, it's your choice, watch it or not, I'm still going to say the video quality sucks. AND it really sucks, even for someone as me who almost never pays attention to such things. Have you seen those scenes with darker colors? They're completely grained, COMPLETELY grained, gg's version looked MUCH, much better. AND the members of the subbing group THEMSELVES added a note saying, at one point of the episode, that their TL was mental.

I have an absolute right to criticize other people's work, it doesn't matter if it's for free or not. If I looked at an amateur painter's work, and the paint really sucked, am I forbidden to say it sucks? The painter took his time and he's showing me the picture for free, just as the fansubbers. I thank them for their work, but I still think it sucks compared to what gg has been doing.