AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-05-07, 01:00   Link #141
NeoEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Yes. A million times yes. I probably have half a million (it sounds like a humorous exaggeration, but if you were to pick apart my brain, it probably isn't) little plot bunnies floating around for that very reason.

As for the rest, isolated monologues have never done much for me (barring The Major's speech in Hellsing Ultimate ). That said, I did enjoy reading it despite that and, assuming this is an idea you intend to flesh out, I am immensely interested.
I will. Eventually. xD;

I love those moments. I have to write them down IMMEDIATELY though, or else I'll forget. xD;

For example, I thought I had a brilliant one about a half an hour ago. I think it went "Wonderful. You have managed to get an even bigger lunatic than myself or a certain mute test subject in charge of the facility. This surpasses even what that moronic sphere could accomplish. Congratulations. Really." but I forget now. D:

...I've been enjoying Portal 2 far too much.
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 01:18   Link #142
sa547
*Author

Does anyone wants to have a shot at a Madoka/SuckerPunch crossover/AU?
Old 2011-05-07, 01:24   Link #143
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
I will. Eventually. xD;

I love those moments. I have to write them down IMMEDIATELY though, or else I'll forget. xD;

For example, I thought I had a brilliant one about a half an hour ago. I think it went "Wonderful. You have managed to get an even bigger lunatic than myself or a certain mute test subject in charge of the facility. This surpasses even what that moronic sphere could accomplish. Congratulations. Really." but I forget now. D:

...I've been enjoying Portal 2 far too much.
I'm much better at keeping ideas I like in my head (I usually work over them for a few hours to a few days, then either run with them or toss them), and I just end up letting the rest waste away. I get some pretty stupid ideas sometimes (Code Geass/Psychic Detective Yakumo crossover, anyone? <_< and if I indulge them I'll end up starting to like them, so this sort of process of elimination is necessary for me.

And while I'm not sure exactly why, I haven't touched any Portal game. So assuming that quote is related, the relevance of it went over my head.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 04:38   Link #144
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
I wonder if there may be a Madoka/xxxHolic crossover. For rather obvious reasons...
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 09:51   Link #145
NeoEevee

Quote:
And while I'm not sure exactly why, I haven't touched any Portal game. So assuming that quote is related, the relevance of it went over my head.
It is. xD Basically, its the sarcastic AI in charge of Aperture Laboratories commenting on how some other characters managed to get her removed power, and then install another AI that's crazier than her. Coming from the AI that tried to kill everyone in the room within sixteen picoseconds of her activation, that's kind of... saying something, methinks. xD;;
Old 2011-05-07, 15:34   Link #146
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
else there wouldn't have been a way for the first Witch to be born
Maybe her wish backfired too much and she was overwhelmed by her own despair.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 15:43   Link #147
Akashin

It's entirely possible, but I find it difficult to believe there was no way to ensure Witchification as an inevitable ending. Still, I guess it's not 100% impossible that the Soul Gem doesn't provide a constant drain.
Old 2011-05-07, 15:49   Link #148
Laevatein

For the "first witch" thing, I have a vague idea that I'm not sure will ever become a fic, so I'm tossing it up for grabs to whoever wants it:

The Incubators took a mentally ill (i.e. capable of feeling emotions) young female of their species (I'm making the assumption that the Incubators have sexes here, bear with me), gave her magical powers, then deliberately drove her to despair so she'd become a witch and begin the cycle.
Laevatein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 15:54   Link #149
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laevatein View Post
For the "first witch" thing, I have a vague idea that I'm not sure will ever become a fic, so I'm tossing it up for grabs to whoever wants it:

The Incubators took a mentally ill (i.e. capable of feeling emotions) young female of their species (I'm making the assumption that the Incubators have sexes here, bear with me), gave her magical powers, then deliberately drove her to despair so she'd become a witch and begin the cycle.
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't it outright said that the magic required to become a Puella Magi existed solely in humans (they "found" magic when they found humans, after all)? If after all I'm wrong, this could actually be a possible origin story for Walpurgisnacht; a Puella Magi fundamentally different than any other Puella Magi became a Witch fundamentally different than any other Witch.

Barring the inconsistency in the discovery of magic, that actually sounds like a cool idea.
Old 2011-05-07, 20:32   Link #150
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Unless I'm mistaken, wasn't it outright said that the magic required to become a Puella Magi existed solely in humans.
No. QB explains they can turn emotions into energy that transcends the laws of the universe (aka, magic) and it doesn't matter where those emotions come from. They just choose humans, and specifically girls, because they are more emotional and so made a more efficient source of energy.

That's also explain why someone with a lot of magical potential would be just a kid who has suffered a painful life, as QB explained in episode 11 to Homura. The more taught your life was before making a contract with QB, the more potential you would have.

In the end, magic itself doesn't exist. It's just QB converting your emotions into magic. And you don't even have to be a girl, or a human. That also explains why QB wasn't too concerned about Gretchen destroying the world in timeline 4. They could always try with a different species.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2011-05-07 at 21:05.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-07, 20:50   Link #151
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No. QB explains they can turn emotions into energy that transcends the laws of the universe (aka, magic) and it doesn't matter where those emotions come from. They just choose humans, and specifically girls, because they are more emotional and so made a more efficient source of energy.

That's also explain why someone with a lost of magical potential would be just a kid who has suffered a painful life, as QB explained in episode 11 to Homura. The more taught your life was before making a contract with QB, the more potential you would have.

In the end, magic itself doesn't exist. It's just QB converting your emotions into magic. And you don't even have to be a girl, or a human. That also explains why QB wasn't too concerned about Gretchen destroying the world in timeline 4. They could always try with a different species.
Ah, that's right; I was sure he didn't put it as clearly as I was remembering, but I couldn't recall for the life of me what it was he specifically said. Thank you for clearing that up.
Old 2011-05-07, 21:11   Link #152
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Yeah... I saw bigger problems using Rule Breaker (Rule Breaker is qualified to break contracts from Kyubey). Problems I could see would be:
- use of being a Puella Magi if someone will break contracts.
- if the Puella Magi likes it or not.
- Kyubey's/Homura's/Madoka's/Kyoko's/Mami's/Sayaka's reaction.
- etc.
Honestly, that would probably be the least of your problems. You'd also need to figure out how Shirou/Archer would meet the magical girls and how Shirou, at least, would get his hands on Rule Breaker; not to mention, you'd need a way for one of the girls to tell him or Archer how much the magical girl life sucks, which would urge them to save them.
Old 2011-05-08, 01:43   Link #153
NeoEevee

*headdesk* what have I done.

Portal overdose + Kyubey/GLaDOS crack pairing + the lyrics to Connect = THIS.

Spoiler for Portal/PMMM crossover:

Thoughts:

-God, I love when I can write something like this off the top of my head.

-God, I hate that I can never write the projects I'm supposed to be working on off the top of my head like this.

-I already know what Chell's wish will be; to spend more time with her parents. I also think I had a stroke of genius in regards to how it backfires horribly; if you're familiar with a certain revelation from Portal 2 and a certain theory regarding Chell's origins, you might already know.

-I want to make Charlotte a kind of boss fight in this story. Really, I do.
Old 2011-05-08, 21:56   Link #154
sa547
*Author

One of us has made it to Japanator.
http://www.japanator.com/awesome-all...=1&y=community
Old 2011-05-10, 15:04   Link #155
sa547
*Author

Okay, this is my first shot into wild territory, a crossover between PMMM and NGE:
Angels & Witches: Campus Apocalypse

C&Cs are still openly welcome. J'ai ose.

Last edited by sa547; 2011-05-11 at 06:57.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 06:35   Link #156
kaigan
Segmentation fault

i'm not sure if someone faithful from the Church of Madoka has posted one before. but as a fellow firm Madokan-Homuran believer in spirit, it's my duty to compose a prayer for the intercession of our Blessed Bishoujo Akemi Homura-chama.

Ave Homura

Hail Homura, kuudere of grace.
Our Lady is with thee.
Blessed art thou among Mahou Shoujo,
and blessed is the ribbon on your crown,
a gift from Madoka-sama.
Holy Homu, nakama of Madoka-sama,
pray for us yuri shippers,
now and at the hour of QB's ultimate death.
Amen.
kaigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 11:39   Link #157
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Okay, this is my first shot into wild territory, a crossover between PMMM and NGE:
Angels & Witches: Campus Apocalypse

C&Cs are still openly welcome. J'ai ose.
I was going to take a look at this, but that A/N at the beginning daunted me. As somebody who has not touched nor intends to touch anything NGE related, this is probably out of my field. Looked structurally sound though, if it helps any. <_<
Old 2011-05-11, 12:03   Link #158
sa547
*Author

Quote:
I was going to take a look at this, but that A/N at the beginning daunted me. As somebody who has not touched nor intends to touch anything NGE related, this is probably out of my field. Looked structurally sound though, if it helps any. <_<
No prob if Eva is like the deep end of the pool; I think I could also get a second opinion from FFML or the Spacebattles denizens:
http://forums.spacebattles.com/showthread.php?t=185089
Old 2011-05-11, 17:24   Link #159
Midonin
Last Engage

Once again, I turn an offhand comment into a story. The surnames may have been changed, but the characters haven't, even if it required some literary gymnastics to get everything to fit, even changing the way magic works. Since it was essentially a crossover story with the crossover elements (mostly) excised. I had to destroy everything.

Yet, I had to connect everything. If the story was written in kanji, its title would be 法少女まどか☆マギカ. It also shows my interpretation of Charlotte as sort of like Hideyoshi from Sengoku Otome. But I just like doofy characters as heroes in general.

This is Puella Consulti Madoka Magica.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 17:52   Link #160
Airrider
Brum! Brum! BRRRM! VRRM!

Send a message via AIM to Airrider Send a message via MSN to Airrider
I'm preparing to do a big megacrossover after watching Madoka Magica and the classic movie Grand Prix back to back.

Thinking of calling it Formula Magica. All the glamour and greatness of the world's most exciting drama of magic and speed!

And this isn't just some kind of AU where they're all racing drivers, this is magical girls (and a few boys), WITH powers, driving. Stops include Misora, the Silver Millennium, and of course, Mitakihara.

Kyuubey is still a bad boss, drivers battle at speeds greater than cars today and there are hybrids powered by Soul Gems instead of batteries.

This plotbunny is already growing; I just need to write it all down.

Last edited by Airrider; 2011-05-13 at 18:06.
Airrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, fanfiction