AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-04-13, 10:51   Link #141
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Not overthrow, but to become independent. However, his leaving isn't going to be easily accepted by the Yotsuba for many reasons.
Tatsuya talked about the repercussions of defeating Maya, saying someone worse might take her place. Clearly he's planning something big if he's thinking about battling Maya. He even mentioned that his magic is compatible with stopping hers. Tatsuya wants to defeat Maya in such a way that will not allow a new head to step in and retaliate. To me, that indicates he plans to destroy the Yotsuba. Otherwise, the new head would certainly retaliate. Maybe Tatsuya is planning to gain absolute independence for him and Miyuki without destroying the Yotsuba, but that seems like it'd be harder to pull off than just completely eliminating the threat. Who really knows though?
tigerdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 11:23   Link #142
ProxyAccount

To destroy the Yotsuba would be the same as declaring war on the 10MC. They can't permit such a powerful magician to remain independent of the 10MC system, which exists to control, punish, and protect the Magician clans. At the same time, remember that something which exists purely as a weapon will someday be excluded from society. If he was regarded as a monster before, he would be regarded as one to the nth degree. Because of whatever reason, he raised his hand to his entire clan and destroyed them without regard to the laws and traditions of Magician society.

So no, I don't believe that it is his intention to destroy the Yotsuba. Rather, I think he plans to blackmail or bribe them into letting him go. They can't force his obedience, so it might be better to have a business arrangement between them.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 11:47   Link #143
amtro
Distro

It's not like they can do anything to a magician who may be immortal and uses thermophysical attacks as if they were basic spells.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 11:58   Link #144
ProxyAccount

Then the question is, what is he fighting for? Because sure as hell as well if he takes out the 10MC, the Japanese military isn't going to leave him alone. And if he takes them out, there's the rest of the world that might decide that they want that piece of real estate. So as we see in the series, there's a point at which the cycle of violence won't end until just about everyone is dead. Tatsuya's quite ready to dish it out to someone that thinks that they can compel him with force, but feeding that cycle isn't really his game.

Remember what his goal is. Being a monster won't bring him closer to it, because someone will always thinks that they can harness the monster and bring it to heel.
Old 2015-04-13, 12:07   Link #145
ProxyAccount

The picture of Kuroba Ayako and Kuroba Fumiya that people are talking about.
Spoiler:

Last edited by ProxyAccount; 2015-04-13 at 12:22.
Old 2015-04-13, 12:14   Link #146
amtro
Distro

Wouldn't advise posting that in the subforum of a licensed series. LN covers and promotional art is one thing. Posting pages from the actual magazine is another.
That said, Ayako sure has "grown".
Old 2015-04-13, 12:24   Link #147
ProxyAccount

She's trying to beat her "rival".
Old 2015-04-13, 12:35   Link #148
Ultragunner

it always stroke me that Miyuki inherited the look from Miya, while Ayako looks a lot like Maya (even though Miya and Maya are identical twins ), Miyuki & Miya are more of a "slender" type while Ayako & Maya are more on the side of...you know "more is good"

damn, I sounded like an old pervert

Anyways, I wonder how will the Kuroba twins will react when they hear the "news" from Maya
Old 2015-04-13, 12:51   Link #149
amtro
Distro

Probably not a good comparison, seeing as Miya was physically weak and atrophied. Miyuki herself is lite, while Ayako is short and stacked.
Old 2015-04-13, 13:42   Link #150
ProxyAccount

Well, the twins' mission is to stick out, so....
Anyways, Ayako isn't exactly a shrinking violet.
Old 2015-04-13, 15:59   Link #151
Armando99

Quote:
Then the question is, what is he fighting for? Because sure as hell as well if he takes out the 10MC, the Japanese military isn't going to leave him alone. And if he takes them out, there's the rest of the world that might decide that they want that piece of real estate. So as we see in the series, there's a point at which the cycle of violence won't end until just about everyone is dead. Tatsuya's quite ready to dish it out to someone that thinks that they can compel him with force, but feeding that cycle isn't really his game.

Remember what his goal is. Being a monster won't bring him closer to it, because someone will always thinks that they can harness the monster and bring it to heel.

Yep, besides aren't we forgetting that his work on the thermonuclear reactor was to stop everyone from using magicians as weapons? This was one of his primary goals in life so why would he want to continue being a weapon himself? I think in the end, he would only use force if he must but would prefer to live quietly and peacefully and doing what he wants to do. And we know what those are.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 16:15   Link #152
ProxyAccount

My point exactly. Shiva...err, Shiba is not just about destruction, but also rebirth.
Old 2015-04-13, 16:41   Link #153
Blonddude42

I always thought Tatsuya wanted to avoid conflict with the Yotsuba but if push came to shove he would fight. Same with Maya. Its just both sides believe that conflict is probably unavoidable. Sure they have their differences but they don't want to fight.
Blonddude42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 21:18   Link #154
Hokoga

Does anybody know the release date for volume 16?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 21:36   Link #155
tigerdave

Quote:
To destroy the Yotsuba would be the same as declaring war on the 10MC. They can't permit such a powerful magician to remain independent of the 10MC system, which exists to control, punish, and protect the Magician clans. At the same time, remember that something which exists purely as a weapon will someday be excluded from society. If he was regarded as a monster before, he would be regarded as one to the nth degree. Because of whatever reason, he raised his hand to his entire clan and destroyed them without regard to the laws and traditions of Magician society.

So no, I don't believe that it is his intention to destroy the Yotsuba. Rather, I think he plans to blackmail or bribe them into letting him go. They can't force his obedience, so it might be better to have a business arrangement between them.
How many of the 10 MC want the Yotsuba weakened? Do you think the Kudou and Saegusa would be upset if the Yotsuba were destroyed? I think they'd have the opposite reaction. If Tatsuya does destroy the Yotsuba, it will likely be done with help from outside sources, which could include other clans like the Kudou and Saegusa. As for Tatsuya being a threat to the MC as an independent magician, I don't think that's likely. Frankly, I imagine the other MC would immediately try to make Tatsuya and/or Miyuki a member of their clan. I'm sure Kudou Retsu would be chomping at the bit to make Tatsuya and Miyuki a part of the Kudou clan if the opportunity presented itself. If they couldn't get him to join a clan, some type of alliance would be worked out. Tatsuya is too practical not to make some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement with the MC. The 10MC and 28 families seem to have a tumultuous history with clans rising and falling from power being commonplace. The system has been designed in such a way that allows for it to sustain itself despite clans rising and falling all the time. So the loss of one clan isn't a threat to the system's existence. Also, why would the destruction of one clan be the same as declaring war on the entire 10MC? I think you're making quite a leap.

The only people who have called Tatsuya a monster are his family.

I doubt Tatsuya would be able to fend off the Yotsuba with just blackmail. The Yotsuba have the resources and skill sets to ruin his and Miyuki's lives without letting him know they did it. I don't see how he could maintain lasting control through blackmail against people who specialize in those kinds of tactics. If they don't already know how to wrest themselves free from such a relationship, they will find a way to do so eventually.

The Yotsuba have a great business arrangement with Tatsuya already. He makes them richer every year and protects a prized asset likely better than any other family member or employee could. If Maya is able to complete her plan (presumably reincorporating him into the family), it will likely be a much better scenario for the Yotsuba than having Tatsuya freed from the Yotsuba. Otherwise, wouldn't have Maya just freed him by now? If she could remove such a threat by giving him his freedom while at the same time forming a better business arrangement, it would be in her and the clans best interests and would have been done long ago.
Old 2015-04-13, 22:25   Link #156
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
How many of the 10 MC want the Yotsuba weakened? Do you think the Kudou and Saegusa would be upset if the Yotsuba were destroyed? I think they'd have the opposite reaction. If Tatsuya does destroy the Yotsuba, it will likely be done with help from outside sources, which could include other clans like the Kudou and Saegusa. As for Tatsuya being a threat to the MC as an independent magician, I don't think that's likely. Frankly, I imagine the other MC would immediately try to make Tatsuya and/or Miyuki a member of their clan. I'm sure Kudou Retsu would be chomping at the bit to make Tatsuya and Miyuki a part of the Kudou clan if the opportunity presented itself. If they couldn't get him to join a clan, some type of alliance would be worked out. Tatsuya is too practical not to make some kind of mutually beneficial arrangement with the MC. The 10MC and 28 families seem to have a tumultuous history with clans rising and falling from power being commonplace. The system has been designed in such a way that allows for it to sustain itself despite clans rising and falling all the time. So the loss of one clan isn't a threat to the system's existence. Also, why would the destruction of one clan be the same as declaring war on the entire 10MC? I think you're making quite a leap.

The only people who have called Tatsuya a monster are his family.

I doubt Tatsuya would be able to fend off the Yotsuba with just blackmail. The Yotsuba have the resources and skill sets to ruin his and Miyuki's lives without letting him know they did it. I don't see how he could maintain lasting control through blackmail against people who specialize in those kinds of tactics. If they don't already know how to wrest themselves free from such a relationship, they will find a way to do so eventually.

The Yotsuba have a great business arrangement with Tatsuya already. He makes them richer every year and protects a prized asset likely better than any other family member or employee could. If Maya is able to complete her plan (presumably reincorporating him into the family), it will likely be a much better scenario for the Yotsuba than having Tatsuya freed from the Yotsuba. Otherwise, wouldn't have Maya just freed him by now? If she could remove such a threat by giving him his freedom while at the same time forming a better business arrangement, it would be in her and the clans best interests and would have been done long ago.

Based on what you are arguing, Tatsuya will need to ally himself with one or two of the MC. The reason why it would become a total MC war is called "The Domino Effect". What is holding together the MC right now is that they provide a check on each other. Yes some are more powerful than the others but for one clan to join with the two most powerful magician in another clan, it would result in that clan being way stronger thereby upsetting the precarious balance of power they already have. Hence there will be war to prevent that from happening.

It is highly likely that if Tatsuya were to ally with either of those two clans you mentioned, the other clans not in on the deal would all join together and destroy Tatsuya and whoever he allied himself with. Just because Tatsuya is an SCM and with regrowth, he is not immortal. He can be killed. Imagine this, most of the strongest magicians in the country would probably become his enemies (most of 10MC and the rest of the other families).

Also his enemies and those who has experienced the receiving end of his powers calls him monster.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-13, 22:50   Link #157
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Spoiler:
The Return of the Cousins!

I hope Maya pull fiancée card this volume.

It's will be the RISE of Ayako ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Does anybody know the release date for volume 16?
May, 9th
Old 2015-04-13, 23:52   Link #158
tigerdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Based on what you are arguing, Tatsuya will need to ally himself with one or two of the MC. The reason why it would become a total MC war is called "The Domino Effect". What is holding together the MC right now is that they provide a check on each other. Yes some are more powerful than the others but for one clan to join with the two most powerful magician in another clan, it would result in that clan being way stronger thereby upsetting the precarious balance of power they already have. Hence there will be war to prevent that from happening.

It is highly likely that if Tatsuya were to ally with either of those two clans you mentioned, the other clans not in on the deal would all join together and destroy Tatsuya and whoever he allied himself with. Just because Tatsuya is an SCM and with regrowth, he is not immortal. He can be killed. Imagine this, most of the strongest magicians in the country would probably become his enemies (most of 10MC and the rest of the other families).

Also his enemies and those who has experienced the receiving end of his powers calls him monster.
The power isn't balanced right now; the Yotsuba are too strong and will likely exist above the 10MC at their current trajectory. Hence why the Kudou and Saegusa are concerned. Also, I think you're overestimating the willingness for the 10MC to fight for one another. Did the Saegusa help the Yotsuba get revenge when Maya was kidnapped? Did any of the other master clans? I think it's more likely that the other clans would be happy that the Yotsuba problem was solved. All of this is just conjecture though. Judging by the previous books, the author will end the series in a way I don't expect. If anything, the author's track record says most of what I think will happen will be wrong. That's one of the great things about these books.
Old 2015-04-13, 23:59   Link #159
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
May, 9th
Thank you

Wow so it's next month that's earlier than I expected.
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 01:52   Link #160
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Thanks you for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerdave View Post
Tatsuya talked about the repercussions of defeating Maya, saying someone worse might take her place. Clearly he's planning something big if he's thinking about battling Maya. He even mentioned that his magic is compatible with stopping hers. Tatsuya wants to defeat Maya in such a way that will not allow a new head to step in and retaliate. To me, that indicates he plans to destroy the Yotsuba. Otherwise, the new head would certainly retaliate. Maybe Tatsuya is planning to gain absolute independence for him and Miyuki without destroying the Yotsuba, but that seems like it'd be harder to pull off than just completely eliminating the threat. Who really knows though?
I think, you are talking about his conversation with Miyuki during the first 9SC. In the conversation, Tatsuya did not say, he wanted to defeat Maya. I thought, he said, he wanted to make Yotsuba kneel besides defeating Maya or Yotsuba itself. Based on his words in the conversation, he seems to have power or a plan to defeat Yotsuba with the force, but he worried about the consequences. Personally, I think, what Tatsuya is worrying about, is not another Yotsuba who may take Maya's place but a sponsor. According to Kyouko in vol.14, the military (101 battalion) has an emergency protocol for saving an officer or a soldier. If Yotsuba takes an initiative against Tatsuya, the military will step in. Yotsuba may be powerful, but their number is too limited to stand against the army, and Tatsuya knows in-and-out of Yotsuba. At the end, Yotsuba wouldn't survive, but the sponsor is another story. A sponsor seems to be a very powerful political figure with enough power to influence the direction of a country. If Tatsuya wipes out Yotsuba, he will have to face consequences and possible wrath by Yotsuba's sponsor.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-04-14 at 03:00.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy