AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series > F/SN UBW TV Spoiler Threads (for Franchise Veterans)

Notices

View Poll Results: F/SN UBW TV - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 46 71.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-06-22, 14:41   Link #141
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
I hope not. For people who are planning to watch the Fate series in publication order it would spoil Waver not getting killed in Fate/Zero, but suspect they will probably show him.
In publication order? Fate/Zero comes before UBW regardless, so they should've watched that before watching this if that's what they wanted.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 14:46   Link #142
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
In publication order? Fate/Zero comes before UBW regardless, so they should've watched that before watching this if that's what they wanted.
I meant original publication order, Fate/Zero was originally a light novel which was released after the Fate/Stay Night visual novel was released.

For this reason Waver didn't exist at the time Fate/Stay Night was publicized and Fate/Zero assumes the reader has already read Fate/Stay Night because it spoils some twists from the Heaven's Feel route in the prologue of its story.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 14:50   Link #143
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Maybe have a flash forward to Rin and Waver's (preparation for the) dismantling of the Greater Grail. Have Zelretch appear at some point, with his Jeweled Sword somewhere in the background, unmentioned but obvious. He was there for the Grail's creation, so it's logical he might want to be there for its destruction, and it could save a little time on backstory in the HF movie(s) when it comes to the point where the Jeweled Sword pops up.
Old 2015-06-22, 14:56   Link #144
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Maybe have a flash forward to Rin and Waver's (preparation for the) dismantling of the Greater Grail. Have Zelretch appear at some point, with his Jeweled Sword somewhere in the background, unmentioned but obvious. He was there for the Grail's creation, so it's logical he might want to be there for its destruction, and it could save a little time on backstory in the HF movie(s) when it comes to the point where the Jeweled Sword pops up.
Wouldn't that spoil the reveal that there are two grails? The Lesser and the Greater Grail? From what I remember this is only revealed in the Heaven's Feel route.
Old 2015-06-22, 15:00   Link #145
monster

Quote:
I meant original publication order, Fate/Zero was originally a light novel which was released after the Fate/Stay Night visual novel was released.

For this reason Waver didn't exist at the time Fate/Stay Night was publicized and Fate/Zero assumes the reader has already read Fate/Stay Night because it spoils some twists from the Heaven's Feel route in the prologue of its story.
Yes, but didn't this show already spoiled that Rin's father was killed by the priest?
Old 2015-06-22, 15:00   Link #146
Jaden

I don't remember where the reveal was in the VN, but in this season of the anime Caster did spoil the existence of the greater grail.
Old 2015-06-22, 15:02   Link #147
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Yes, but didn't this show already spoiled that Rin's father was killed by the priest?
That was also revealed somewhere in the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. I only don't remember in which route it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I don't remember where the reveal was in the VN, but in this season of the anime Caster did spoil the existence of the greater grail.
Could be. From what I remember when I finished reading the UBW route a long time ago I didn't get the impression there where still some loos-ends concerning the grail. Like in the Fate route I got the impression it was destroyed and we where done with it. I could have missed the signification of some information which is revealed in the UBW route, but from what I remember it was the HF route which brought the concept of there being two grails to my attention.
Old 2015-06-22, 15:12   Link #148
monster

Quote:
That was also revealed somewhere in the Fate/Stay Night visual novel. I only don't remember in which route it was.
So, regardless, you will be spoiled anyway. I doubt they are requiring anyone to watch DEEN's work before watching Fate/Zero, but they still made that before making UBW and HF in the future.
Old 2015-06-22, 15:24   Link #149
chaos_alfa

Quote:
So, regardless, you will be spoiled anyway. I doubt they are requiring anyone to watch DEEN's work before watching Fate/Zero, but they still made that before making UBW and HF in the future.
I just like if Ufotable would keep the option to be able to watch the Fate/Stay Night in animate format in the orignal publication order a bit intact. They do make it difficult by making references to Fate/Zero in the UBW adaption and they skipped the Fate route which has important information for the rules of the Fate universe and the Grail war.

Reading Fate/stay night or watching an adaption of it does indeed spoil some of the events and the ending of Fate/Zero. It doesn't really matter because Fate/Zero was written with the assumption that the reader already knows those facts. It is not a story about who is going to win, but rather a story about how the participants in the war are going to lose. It should be seen as a tragedy rather than a story about who might win. Here is a good review which explains this concept.
Old 2015-06-22, 15:57   Link #150
HtwoN

IMO, with the animes, you could watch both way. FZ > FSN or FSN > FZ. Doesn't matter much.

But personally I feel that for anime only, watching FZ before FSN could potentially give you more than the other way around. There are so many FZ Easter Eggs in UBW anime.

Furthermore, people who already watch FZ before FSN can't erase their mind, right?
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 16:03   Link #151
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I disagree that in the anime medium you have to see UBW first before Zero. Both spoil one another, you simply cannot avoid this. And I like watching stuff chronologically and not in the publication order.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 16:06   Link #152
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I disagree that in the anime medium you have to see UBW first before Zero. Both spoil one another, you simply cannot avoid this. And I like watching stuff chronologically and not in the publication order.
Hey, someone may call you a secon... Nvm.
Old 2015-06-22, 16:07   Link #153
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
Hey, someone may call you a secon... Nvm.
They've already done it and I couldn't give two shits about some twisted person's idea of what a true FSN fan is.
Levani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 16:16   Link #154
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
How about Taiwan drama? or Korean drama?

I think they are the same?
Dude, I've seen some Taiwan & Korean drama, and there's none that have bgm as epic as Kawai's (I assume by drama you meant the ones involving romance in today's setting, and not historical drama). In fact, comparing the two is quite weird in itself.
Old 2015-06-22, 17:15   Link #155
Gaulek

Quote:
Wouldn't that spoil the reveal that there are two grails? The Lesser and the Greater Grail? From what I remember this is only revealed in the Heaven's Feel route.
Fate/Kaleid 2wei herz will do that this summer too
Spoiler for spoil:

(And Lord El-Melloi 2 is also in kaleid.)
Quote:
This was in the vn at the same time as in the anime.
And Saber destroying the grail, being the last servant with Gil, being interrupted by a mongrel, the fire too.

I really want to see Waver again in London too.
Gaulek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 17:34   Link #156
Amarantine

If they actually show Shirou and Rin meeting Waver, it better not be the last scene, because that needs to be the post-credits scene from the Visual Novel, which shows Archer's change of heart and what the answer he found through his battle with Shirou was. But I suppose they can show some of Shirou and Rin with Waver before that, since the scene with Archer isn't really chronologically oriented in the first place.

It certainly would be interesting to see Waver's reaction to Shirou revealing he beat Gilgamesh, who utterly dominated Waver's Rider in the previous war.
Amarantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 18:33   Link #157
HtwoN

On the other hand, there may be nothing new. Just True End and Archer after credit.
Old 2015-06-22, 19:55   Link #158
Iron Maw
Banned

Pretty good episode in most respects, but I'm not fan of DEM which brought it down a bit. Gilgamesh vs Shirou was kind of let down too since he still did his usually shtick when even he knew wasn't working anymore.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 20:57   Link #159
Jaggery

Quote:

If I recall, they don't really use his real name. They call him by El Melloi II and other nicknames they made up. They don't use the name Waver. And I wonder if other people would recognize him.
Jaggery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-22, 21:11   Link #160
GDB

People recognized him in Prisma Illya, so... yeah.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote