5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-10-24, 22:35   Link #141
Skaddix

Normally I would complain but you also have to factor in McGillis and its not like McGillis suddenly did a face heel turn to back Tekkadan. He has also been doing his part.

Ein attacking the city is not a coincidence. He was mentally unstable after his transition. Him not carrying about any regulations wasn't absurd.

Last minute reinforcement a staple of the genre. We hadn't seen them in episodes and its not like we didn't know they existed. Also its not like McGillis cant grease some wheels to get them to Earth.

A Gundam Pilot with Dues Ex powerup. Heck a Shounen Hero with a powerup. That never happens such an outrage. At least Mika paid a price which is more then you can say for most of the genre.

Yeah the Hero didn't die shocking. Mika lived when we know these shows get 2nd Seasons. I mean who could have foreseen that.

Also really incompetent opposition. The opposition lost mostly because they were incompetent which makes sense Carta has her job thanks to nepotism not talent. And being undermined by the inside man.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 22:38   Link #142
Tenzen12

So basically your argument Kurohane is that first season ending is ass pull because gambit made by genial chessmaster build pretty much from episode one succeeded, did I get it right?

As for Makanai, he was pretty confident, he would win as long as he get there at time. There is no particular connection between him being elected and Gjalahorn loosing their face
Old 2016-10-24, 22:44   Link #143
darkone45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Toradora! is the anime from his avatar.
and by Mari Okada same writer as IBO
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 22:46   Link #144
DMurphy

At the risk of being a buzzkill, while I also thought the ending of the first series was, you know, fine, I'm not sure all of you dogpiling Kurohane with barely readable rants is necessarily the best strategy for convincing them.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-24, 23:28   Link #145
Irenesharda

I say we change topic!

Shino puts forth that Mika should have some one under his wing, but considering Hush's jealousy towards Mika, would he listen to him at all?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 02:01   Link #146
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, seems that Sandoval is captured by Tekkadan instead of Arianhod Fleet. Also, Allium got killed by Mikazuki over sending the Dawn Horizon Corps in the first place, good thing McGills Fareed cleaned it up afterwards.

Now then, it'll be interesting to see how McGills' partnership with Tekkadan unfolds in future episodes. Meanwhile, I can't wait for Teiwaz to rebuild some mobile suits found in the mines.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 03:43   Link #147
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
No, because Orga did give the guy a chance to make things right by paying them what they asked. Sure he probably knew the guy wouldn't do it and that's why he planned accordingly, but just like with the older CGS 1st Group, he did give them an option. (sans the first guy, because he had cost too many lives already.
I also found it interesting how Orga seemingly first let the guy talk and even listened attentively enough to follow his babbling and respond to it appropriately (about Kudelia's refusal), checking for himself the guy's worth as a human being (or, in this case, how full of shit he really is).

He did the same with Kudelia at first, too: he asked her questions, watched her reactions, listened to her answers with attention, and drew conclusions to himself about what kind of person she really is. Even their first rather brief convo was already enough for him to not respond to Todo's suggestion to hand her over to Gjallarhorn, despite the newly-formed Tekkadan's rather bleak situation and being urged to take the easy way out by his peer, Eugene; the resolve to stick to her path and bravery she showed when Crank came with a duel challenge decided him once and for all that she was a worthy person to protect if it was in his power no matter what anyone says (remember the little smile he gives when he, interrupting Todo, announces that he has no intention to hand her over to GH?) From that point on, he's had nothing but that little approving/satisfied smile for her.

Now, with Orga being rather sensible when judging people, that Allium guy has only himself to blame. By twisting and turning to save his hide (and only his! remember the correction he made when talking to one of his people? 'that we... no, I am innocent') and weasel his way out while not showing even a shred of honesty or bravery he lost the last points with Orga and the last chance to make out of it alive, so Orga, having made sure that the guy is indeed rotten to the core and a coward like he expected, unflinchingly went through with the 'elimination'. The point is though, Orga did give the guy the benefit of doubt, it seems to be something of his policy, and this is probably one of the reasons why I find it easy to root for him, despite his questionable methods and decisions.

And I find it thoroughly fascinating how Mika is all about pure instinct, judging people based on what his gut tells him (and his gut is usually impressively on point, as we all, and McGillis, have already seen), and Orga, in contrast, is a practicioner of a more analytical approach, but one that doesn't completely exclude emotions from the picture.

Quote:
Shino puts forth that Mika should have some one under his wing, but considering Hush's jealousy towards Mika, would he listen to him at all?
I personally have a hard time picturing Mika having Hush as his student (or even Mika having a student at all...). It's such an unlikely combination under normal circumstances

Even putting Mika's lack of social skills aside, Mika is a canonical genius. While it's a little too early to say something concrete about Hush's level of talent, the fact that he has yet to show anything noteworthy stands. And even if he's talented, it's gonna be nigh impossible for him to beat the Gundam MC set up as a genius pilot in raw talent for more reasons than one. In any case, Mika's probably simply incapable of really teaching someone, because it just comes naturally to him and he doesn't need to think of whys and hows, unlike less talented people. The closest I can recall to him teaching someone something about piloting was when he gave advice to Akihiro about correcting his aim, and even that was only possible because they had a common ground, the AV system, which Hush doesn't have. So I'm thinking that while Mika probably can throw in a few pieces of good advice here and there, it won't exactly count as teaching, and Hush will be mostly on his own.

As to Hush's side of things. Continuing from the previous episode, in this one he's begrudgingly acknowledged that Mika is the real deal, really is the best. Since he had enough balls to check in his pride and admit that much to Mika's face, I assume he will also have enough guts and sense to keep his pride in check and try to learn from Mika as much as he can (which brings us back full circle to how much Mika can actually teach him lol)

In the first place, the idea was purely Shino's, we have yet to see what Mikazuki himself thinks of it. If he doesn't like it, the deal is obviously off. Moreover, is it fun having a student eager to backstab you? Well, it's Mika, he just might find it fun. And of course, Mika will do what Orga says, but good luck getting Orga to give him that order, Hush, considering that Orga is probably going to put you under scrutiny for more than just your immature reason for wanting to be a pilot.

Well, if Mika and Hush do become a teacher and a student, it's probably going to be somewhat fun for us, too: just imagine Hush trying to keep up with Mika's workout routine (that Akihiro gave up on) and dropping near dead in the middle of it

-------------
@karice67
Got it. Relieved to hear that you're not holding it against me.
Spoiler for ot:

Last edited by tdx; 2016-10-25 at 05:53.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-25, 07:21   Link #148
darkone45

Quote:
I say we change topic!

I feel him and Mika might actually become friends while Hush is working under him and this could lead to Mikazuki opening up about his back story, I feel Hush's role is in this show is that of the viewers eyes notice how he kinda reacts to tekkadan's action to how we first saw it ?
Old 2016-10-25, 23:17   Link #149
Skaddix

I do wonder if we will get more of Orga and Mika and what started their blood contract. I don't think Mika is likely to tell Hush that. I am not sure anyone really knows except maybe Atra. Hush can go in a lot of ways I can see him not understanding why Mika follows Orga and maybe thinking Mika should be running things. Which ends poorly for him.
Old 2016-10-25, 23:49   Link #150
Irenesharda

I too doubt that Hush will really get anything out of Mika. He isn't even really that talkative with Atra, one of his oldest friends. I would say that the closest we've gotten to Mika talking about his and Orga's past, was when Kudelia asked about he and Orga being brothers, and Mika corrected her, saying that he and Orga are actually closer than brothers.

I can see Mika telling Kudelia the rest of the story at one point, or perhaps Orga telling the story to Merribit?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 00:03   Link #151
darkone45

Quote:
I too doubt that Hush will really get anything out of Mika. He isn't even really that talkative with Atra, one of his oldest friends. I would say that the closest we've gotten to Mika talking about his and Orga's past, was when Kudelia asked about he and Orga being brothers, and Mika corrected her, saying that he and Orga are actually closer than brothers.

I can see Mika telling Kudelia the rest of the story at one point, or perhaps Orga telling the story to Merribit?
and @Skaddix

LOL I'm most likely in the minority for that, I think it would be fresh and unexpected for Mika to open up to hush. ( the newbie of all people lol) then lets say Kudelia I mean feel he was created to be the eyes of the audience.
Old 2016-10-26, 02:26   Link #152
Skaddix

Oh I don't think Mika is telling Kudelia. Unless Atra really presses him to and even then I don't think Atra would ask. I guess Orga could tell Merribit but I get the feeling he didn't even tell Biscuit. Cause Biscuit didn't seem to have a good grasp on the Orga-Mika connection. So like I say Atra might know but that is only because she has known them for a long time it seems.
Old 2016-10-26, 16:28   Link #153
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
I say we change topic!

He is going to royally fuck up something at some point and then vecome a better character from it... if Mika doesn't kill him fot it first.