AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-09-17, 15:59   Link #141
Frontier

This reminded me of that episode Dyna where the mad scientist created an island of genetically created Kaiju (a lot from Tiga) to construct the best Kaiju killing machine he could control. Even the confrontation scene felt similar.

That Decker/GUTS Hawk team-up scene kind of reminded me of Gridman.

Usually the mad scientist gets killed by their own creation, but Shigenaga will have to settle for handcuffs. She looks good for 56!
Old 2022-09-17, 20:14   Link #142
justavisitor

This episode is not bad but the plot has been moved an inch since episode 2? Sphere is still not doing anything other then attaching on the Kaiju...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 02:30   Link #143
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
This episode is not bad but the plot has been moved an inch since episode 2? Sphere is still not doing anything other then attaching on the Kaiju...
Attacking Mars during Trigger episode didn't count?

I do agree the weird part about Sphere is their progress.
GUTS Select have reasonable progress over time: Recruitment after Sphere attack -> 1 year time skip -> Plane finished -> Half a year passed -> DG 001 will launched
Sphere track record so far are only reaching point their modified kaiju capable of rivaling Decker Strong Type and attacking Mars for unknown reason. At least we got notion that world is not satisfied with Decker they started funding their own kaiju project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Usually the mad scientist gets killed by their own creation, but Shigenaga will have to settle for handcuffs. She looks good for 56!
Me during that scene: "Wait, what? The kaiju didn't rebel and she's not died, buried under rubble?"

Old 2022-09-18, 09:00   Link #144
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Attacking Mars during Trigger episode didn't count?
Hmm...True. I think I subconsciously chalk it off as a special service from the Sphere due to Kengo's special appearance

But if they just attack the earth like how they attack the Mars in Kengo's episode, I would be so disappointed. Fuse with the Earth!!! Control the weather!! Release poison Gas!! At least they have to do something like those.

And the DG001's primary objective should be to break through the barrier. I have a feeling they will make DG001 to fight the Kaiju fused with Sphere instead, which imo is actually the secondary objective??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Me during that scene: "Wait, what? The kaiju didn't rebel and she's not died, buried under rubble?"

I have a feeling that Kengo (which I think is confirmed already?), Grace, and this mad scientist will help in the endgame. That's why Grace and this scientist are being spared
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet

Last edited by justavisitor; 2022-09-18 at 09:15.
Old 2022-09-23, 21:50   Link #145
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Another setup episode, looking at the preview I guess they're doing their best managing budget so Sphere always got the most of it (feels bad to Grace who got short end of stick).
I love how Decker transformation lead to comedy while each episode gradually make it harder to gave excuse about Kanata whereabouts (). Writer seems to be very careful to not stepping out of boundaries until more exposition as well; Murahoshi opinion is really good but they avoid detailing it, at least it also showing he's not all about giving orders.
Old 2022-09-25, 08:42   Link #146
justavisitor

so the regular sized decker is just a bit slightly more useful than the gut-select member XD

I feel the series is a bit slow, and the other two members don't get too many dialogues
Old 2022-09-28, 02:25   Link #147
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Finally watched the latest two episodes. I like episode 10 for its seriousness & I like 11 for its comedy. Also, Decker can't talk? So he's like Ultraman Snake Eyes?

Also, that sword look rather goofy, but I like how the two interrogated Kanata and interacted with human-sized Decker.

Episode count without an original kaiju: 11/11
Old 2022-09-30, 21:49   Link #148
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

The quickest kaiju reuse on the east. LOL. I guess it safe to assume the pattern is Sphere-exclusive for every six episode.
Within that will be filled with background exposition, build-up also filler containing some tie-in with Trigger. You can see they reserved budget for this episode dynamics.

The progress is slower than most Ultras, but I like how effective the directing here especially when its time to be serious. Kanata looked frustrated, not doing "Roger!" that lead to Murahoshi blame himself for assigning Kanata to Gryphon following what happened is a really nice touch. Also somehow it looks like Kanata and Hanejiro are set to become one of popular duo for Ultraman.

Old 2022-10-01, 08:24   Link #149
justavisitor

This is one cool episode!! Finally we have more soldiers!!! Not just the 3 (or 2, as one is piloting a plane) members fighting

and Hanejiro is getting crazy lol, dropping kanata from mid air, and make the huge robot fall down on our hero so his "secret" can be saved and proceed to transform(if you watch this episode, you will know why I put " on the word secret XD)

still feel that the other two members don't really stand out, and just doing the usual moral support that you would expect from a side cast, but they are supposed to be like secondary characters?? So far, it's the captain and vice captain, and Hanejiro(!) that keep stealing the secondary characters role
Old 2022-10-02, 05:07   Link #150
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
This is one cool episode!! Finally we have more soldiers!!! Not just the 3 (or 2, as one is piloting a plane) members fighting

and Hanejiro is getting crazy lol, dropping kanata from mid air, and make the huge robot fall down on our hero so his "secret" can be saved and proceed to transform(if you watch this episode, you will know why I put " on the word secret XD)

still feel that the other two members don't really stand out, and just doing the usual moral support that you would expect from a side cast, but they are supposed to be like secondary characters?? So far, it's the captain and vice captain, and Hanejiro(!) that keep stealing the secondary characters role
Well it's not like it's the same situation as Kengo with Akito or Yuna, Akito knows Trigger's identity from the start, while Yuna has Yuzare. Here it's just Hanejiro, and after this episode, the professor.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-03, 20:31   Link #151
justavisitor

I think Orb's female lead and even X's female lead were more standing out by this point, but I will hold my final judgement XD
Old 2022-10-08, 02:08   Link #152
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Recap episode in disguise, second half (14 to 25) seems will be focusing on making advance against Sphere.
Old 2022-10-08, 19:31   Link #153
justavisitor

Bandage case...you got to give it to Kanata ...he is goofy, but it's like smart ass type of goofy XD
Old 2022-10-08, 21:15   Link #154
iko_uwais

Just watched Shin Ultraman yesterday and it was pretty damn awesome, probably gonna buy the blu ray. My major gripe is that there were too many enemies making the story a bit unfocused and the fights ended up feeling too short at times.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-10-14, 20:33   Link #155
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Midseason surprise is here:

YouTube

We have a temporary host change from Kanata to.... Future Trunks?

Episode count without original kaiju: 14/14
Old 2022-10-15, 02:15   Link #156
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Suddenly, lore bombs and it done nicely compare to Trigger:
Old 2022-10-15, 08:29   Link #157
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post

We have a temporary host change from Kanata to.... Future Trunks?
That line is pure gold...luckily I didn't have water when I read it

I totally was not expecting that. It's nice to get surprised (a good surprise) once in a while. Good episode!
Old 2022-10-15, 11:26   Link #158
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Decker got another hype man after Jin (Amazon) / Baht (Falchion).

https://twitter.com/Kojima_Hideo/sta...02028562272256

Old 2022-10-21, 21:35   Link #159
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Probably the best mid-season upgrade moment in Reiwa, so far.

Spoiler for Also:
Old 2022-10-21, 22:33   Link #160
justavisitor

Indeed one of the better upgrade episodes from what I can recall.

Many plots have been explained. And bigger threats are coming.

In the past couple years, I feel the slot between final upgrade and the final episode is the weakest link in the recent ultras: They have to delay the plot to give the final upgrade a couple episodes to show off, and then all of a sudden the final form will encounter the first crisis which happens to be the last episode

Hope they can have a different formula this time around

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman