AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-06-09, 14:23   Link #141
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I wondered why she didn't make that call as well. Seemed out of character for Shii.

Could have been a frozen lake they were on, I guess, though I doubt there would be jumps, and I'd be concerned about falling in.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 18:53   Link #142
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The scene where Reiko and Koguma played in the snow with cubs was pure bliss.

I don't get why Shii called Koguma either. Nevermind her parents, first thing you do in situations like these is call 911 (I forgot the number in Japan). Given that she's so hurt she can barely even talk, such a call would be warranted.
Old 2021-06-09, 19:28   Link #143
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It may be that Koguma was the first number in her contacts and she just gathered enough strength to call whoever was first? Ko- is fairly early in the Hiragana syllabary so it's not entirely implausible.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 20:48   Link #144
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I see, apparently delinquents not only lack respect for the law, but they don't have common sense eith... Oh yeah, that's why they are delinquents.
What's disgusting is that instead of having Koguma take a dive to her death, the story gets the only decent person into trouble.

And yeah.............................. Call the emergency number. I don't think the story needs to forcibly show Koguma in a good light.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-09, 23:13   Link #145
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The scene where Reiko and Koguma played in the snow with cubs was pure bliss.

I don't get why Shii called Koguma either. Nevermind her parents, first thing you do in situations like these is call 911 (I forgot the number in Japan). Given that she's so hurt she can barely even talk, such a call would be warranted.
I think it's 119 for ambulance or fire services in Japan. The bit of winter derby was hilarious, definitely a fun ride. Of course, I despise winter driving for those exact reasons: even with a four wheel drive, snow and ice is treacherous.
Old 2021-06-10, 00:59   Link #146
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'd just like to say how refreshing it is to have Koguma and Reiko sharing food and drink, and there not being anyone spazzing out over "indirect kissing." I noticed that before, but in this episode it's even more pronounced. Yes, I know there's yuri fanart out there with the two of them, but within the context of the story they have intimacy and familiarity without ginned-up drama about it.

They save the ginned-up drama for Shii-chan instead. It's a good thing she called Koguma, because Koguma knows where she went. Depending on her condition, she might have trouble explaining her route to someone else.

Also, I don't think I've seen tire chains since the 70s, although in the wintertime here, they are required if you go up into the mountains.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 02:13   Link #147
Friday
Im shy too...

ep10
I have nothing to say until next week episode.....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-10, 07:10   Link #148
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Zenith View Post
I think it's 119 for ambulance or fire services in Japan. The bit of winter derby was hilarious, definitely a fun ride. Of course, I despise winter driving for those exact reasons: even with a four wheel drive, snow and ice is treacherous.
I actually found the beginning of the episode, where Koguma had trouble since she didn't have chains or snow tires really stressful. So what happened next was extra nice.
Old 2021-06-10, 12:49   Link #149
HandofFate

I think Koguma was probably the best choice actually, they mentioned that the roads weren't accessible by regular vehicles, so Cubs to the rescue would be the only choice. And they talked about the area with her eariler, so Koguma would know where to get to her.
Old 2021-06-10, 13:59   Link #150
grecefar

It could be a mix of everything and shii knew that koguna saw her going that road and there is that koguma name was the first name in her cell, etc.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-11, 06:39   Link #151
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 10:

playing in the snow with their super cub.

accident looks serious. Obviously, coffee girl would survive with plot armor, but still curious on how Koguma would come to rescue her.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 12:14   Link #152
Ragashingo
Happy Sphere

Episode11:
I didn’t like this episode. Shii’s rescue should not have been a “come take a warm bath” situation. At worst, it should have been a rush to the hospital event. Really, it should have been a call the police / ambulance emergency. I get that the Super Cub needed to be involved, but the whole thing felt… not lazy exactly, but unrealistic.

The show was never going to do a rushed emergency well. That’s not its thing. But the way it ignored so much of the danger of trying to find and save someone from a freezing river alone kinda ruined the episode for me.
Old 2021-06-16, 13:09   Link #153
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The only way I can rationale this episode is that Koguma wants to kill Shii. I thought they were going to use this moment to make her look good, but nope, holy crap, this b**** is psycho.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 15:30   Link #154
Dop
Mmmm....

I agree, that should definitely be a case of "I've found her, now call an ambulance" as Shii could have been seriously injured there.
At the very least a checkup to ensure she wasn't concussed or something.

I realise this show doesn't really do drama, but this could have done with at least a passing nod to realism!

That said, I never expected the Akira Slide to crop up in this show!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 18:38   Link #155
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the first bad episode of the series. Other than what's been said above, I thought Shii begging Koguma to bring spring with her Super Cub way too overdramatic. The author must really hate winter, huh?
Old 2021-06-16, 18:43   Link #156
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I thought it was fine, reality contrivances aside. If that's not what the series wants to focus on then that's that. I guess the series wanted to focus on the fact that good friendships can be those where you can pull each other to be better. And that's fine. I guess I'll just assume the series jumped from Slice of life to magical realism.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 19:47   Link #157
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

One thing no one has really mentioned, afaik they live in the boonies in a smallish settlement, not only we have not seen a local hospital, but I doubt they have an ambulance. Of course they could call an ambulance from the nearest city, but at night in wintery conditions it would take a while to arrive. Had Shii been bleeding (internally or externally) or had a broken bone, the hospital would be a must. But some people get off with a scratch (and some people die in lesser accidents on the spot).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 20:08   Link #158
Friday
Im shy too...

my thought as most here saying about getting emergency help for Shii, as she maybe injured and hypothermia as well, by rights she should had been after been found in that stream/river/creek.

Koguma's Apartment: Reiko....make yourself at home(believe that's her first time there?) have a nice hot bath walk around half naked and help yourself to the food, just make sure you give her some eggs later...
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-16, 20:50   Link #159
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
I thought it was fine, reality contrivances aside. If that's not what the series wants to focus on then that's that. I guess the series wanted to focus on the fact that good friendships can be those where you can pull each other to be better. And that's fine. I guess I'll just assume the series jumped from Slice of life to magical realism.
This is EXACTLY what the series was intended to be about: coincidences and whatnot occur only because they're intended to catalyse things so they fit within the story's time frames.
Old 2021-06-16, 20:52   Link #160
Magewolf

What next? "Oh no this lady needs emergency brain surgery." "Step aside. I have a super Cub, I will handle it."

This episode is insane. They could have had Koguma call an ambulance for her and then get on her cub find and stay with her until it got there. Instead they had her pull a little girl out of a freezing river, slap her a few times to check for spinal injuries then try her best to freeze her for good on the way to her apartment. And did they ever actually call and tell her parents what happened or did they just leave them thinking she was dead somewhere in the dark?
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
motorcycles