AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2021-02-19, 08:41   Link #141
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Beto has been pretty impressive the couple of times I've seen him be interviewed over the past week. Unless he ends up as the president of a foundation, where is his career going? Might he run against Abbott in the 2022 governor's race? What about his clear declaration he's coming for peoples' AR-15s?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Plays better in a Democratic presidential debate than it would in a general election for governor of Texas.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 13:10   Link #142
cyberdemon

Now Rick Perry is urging Texans to tough it out so that their power grid doesn’t become federally regulated. Man has skewed priorities
Old 2021-02-19, 14:14   Link #143
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Now Rick Perry is urging Texans to tough it out so that their power grid doesn’t become federally regulated. Man has skewed priorities
You an say that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dfXHaWpeDA

The national anthem more important than a working power grid?
Old 2021-02-19, 19:18   Link #144
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Beto has been pretty impressive the couple of times I've seen him be interviewed over the past week. Unless he ends up as the president of a foundation, where is his career going? Might he run against Abbott in the 2022 governor's race? What about his clear declaration he's coming for peoples' AR-15s?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Plays better in a Democratic presidential debate than it would in a general election for governor of Texas.
2024 will be a better Democratic year than 2022. I suspect he'll wait and take a re-match with Cancun Cruz.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 20:02   Link #145
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Cruz' pathetic excuses put to the lie by the neighbors, who probably hate him as much as most people do:

https://twitter.com/hjessy_/status/1...623012352?s=20
It's always amazing to me when I recall how much people hate Ted Cruz. He offered them a trip to Cancun and they stabbed him in the back. Just makes you realize what an absolute tool he must be in his private life.

Quote:
2024 will be a better Democratic year than 2022. I suspect he'll wait and take a re-match with Cancun Cruz.
You don't need to associate innocent Cancun with that guy. Fled Cruz suits him much better.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 23:07   Link #146
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's always amazing to me when I recall how much people hate Ted Cruz. He offered them a trip to Cancun and they stabbed him in the back. Just makes you realize what an absolute tool he must be in his private life.
And his public life. He's universally regarded by insiders as the most hated Senator by his colleagues - and this is a body with Rand Paul and Josh Hawley.
Old 2021-02-20, 01:55   Link #147
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
You don't need to associate innocent Cancun with that guy. Fled Cruz suits him much better.
But Cancun Cruz's alliterative and sounds much better.

(Proposed alternatives: Truant Ted, Traitor Ted. Catastrophe Cruz is a bit of a mouthful.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 07:44   Link #148
Key Board
Carbon

At this rate the right wing media will just spin it and make it so Ted Cruz was always a Democrat and not a true GOP. Bonus points: point out that he was an immigrant.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-20, 07:51   Link #149
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
I'm not convinced we'll see Democratic losses in 2022 despite it being a mid-term year. If Biden resolves the pandemic and gets the economy rolling again, the Democrats could be quite popular in 2022. Mitch McConnell's biggest fear is that Biden will be successful; expect as much obstruction as possible over the next few months.
Old 2021-02-20, 10:44   Link #150
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Even if it’s not a bad midterm, it’s still a midterm. And Democrats typically run stronger in presidential year elections.
Old 2021-02-20, 11:26   Link #151
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
expect as much obstruction as possible over the next few months.
It is the only thing moscow mitch has been doing since the obama years; I keep reading people say he is so smart, but I have yet to see something he has accomplished besides lowering the bar to make the senate more like the house of representatives and obstruct, obstruct, obstruct; both are no brainers IMO.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-21, 07:58   Link #152
Key Board
Carbon

It’s because he managed to obstruct while the Democratic party were seemingly following “if they go low we go high”

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 06:51   Link #153
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Of course, GOP were NEVER going to do soul searching! They double down on being absolutely deplorable pieces of shit and push vote suppression, thats all they ever knew

Old 2021-02-24, 09:43   Link #154
The Green One

Imagine not being able to win elections fairly lol.
Old 2021-02-25, 04:23   Link #155
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I confess that the article is from CNN, and far from my favorite site to get news from... but even between Obama, Trump and Biden... Both. Sides. Are. The. Same.

Or in other words, Biden's breaking up families and putting kids in cages too- though now he's calling them "Migrant facilities." It's still the same damned thing!

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/02/24/p...der/index.html

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 10:25   Link #156
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

The Administration has located the parents of 105 of the 611 separated children reported last month. That strikes me as pretty speedy and not likely to continue at this pace. One tendentious issue is whether to allow parents outside the US to return and be united with their children. Once in the US, they would likely apply for asylum and be able to stay while their cases are adjudicated. That's perfectly fine by me; it's the least we can do after the way my country mistreated these people. But immigration hawks are pushing for the kids to be sent back across the border if the parents are not in the US.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b1807049.html
Old 2021-02-26, 15:47   Link #157
ramlaen

https://twitter.com/jrpsaki/status/850173258540474368
ramlaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 20:15   Link #158
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
If you can't produce a quote from yourself criticizing when Donald Trump attacked Syria's airport four years ago, this quote amounts to sheer hypocrisy.

For the record, I think War Powers Resolution resolution should be outlawed.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 09:51   Link #159
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Support for Trump from across the Pacific at this year's C-PAC.

Quote:
Gemki Fujii, a Japanese conservative activist who paid for ads and a booth at the conference, said in a video that Americans needed to form a “samurai-to-samurai alliance” with Asian conservatives after the 2020 election was “stolen” on behalf of “the Chinese Communist Party.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...521_story.html

I thought samurai were supposed to follow a code of honor. Lying about the 2020 election doesn't seem to fit.
Old 2021-02-28, 11:19   Link #160
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Support for Trump from across the Pacific at this year's C-PAC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...521_story.html

I thought samurai were supposed to follow a code of honor. Lying about the 2020 election doesn't seem to fit.
Is it that samurai futurologist thing?
https://twitter.com/aseitzwald/statu...19259988066309
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote