Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-06-02, 04:25   Link #141
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Btw, I'm actually surprised that there are people who devoted themselves and are seriously aiming to be caddies. That's news to me.
You know, it's the same story as with dental technicians probably. One caddy can work with multiple pro-golfers during the season and get their pay for it despite the actual results as long as they are doing the job properly.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-07, 23:48   Link #142
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Eve is definitely wild and untamed.

I loved the lady killer part, she might have actually made some friends.

Those were some formidable opponents she faced off against, I can't wait to see Eve team up with Aoi against those 2.

I'm glad Eve listened to Ichina and was able to accept her.
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-08, 04:03   Link #143
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh, this is it. Now we're starting to go deep into the sport cliche of the opponents having their own techniques. Iseshiba has The Line while Iijima has The Zone.

But it's hilarious how instead of doing putter, Eve pretty much used the arena to play billiards with only one ball and dang, Eve is one smooth lass who can easily charm others if she actually wants to. She's Char's protege indeed.

Also, there's no way Reiya Amuro serving under Athena corporation is a mere coincidence. After Gundam reference, now we're entering the Saint Seiya reference Then again, Vipere's fragrance trick in the last arc was pretty much a Saint Seiya reference already.
Old 2022-06-08, 08:31   Link #144
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eve has game with girls too. If she could be like that all the time instead of super cranky, she'd quickly gain a following. But it would only be a bother for her to have girls fawning over her.

Aoi's only rival is Eve, but Eve has already found herself another rival who excites her. That's cheating!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Also, there's no way Reiya Amuro serving under Athena corporation is a mere coincidence. After Gundam reference, now we're entering the Saint Seiya reference Then again, Vipere's fragrance trick in the last arc was pretty much a Saint Seiya reference already.
I'm betting his special technique will be Saint Seiya related.
Old 2022-06-08, 12:10   Link #145
Alchemist007
*Author

Eve with the straightforward bullets and everyone else besides her caddy conspiring left and right.
Old 2022-06-09, 06:16   Link #146
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
I'm not even surprised that for a school that never had an exchange student, Eve gets that reception.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-12, 20:42   Link #147
Dextro
He Without a Title

Let me also take the time to appreciate that Eve destroyed BiriBiri (Satou Rina) in one episode only to completely overwhelm Kuroko (Satomi Arai) the next one. Only mentioning this cause I was 100% expecting an "onee-sama" from the pigtails girl this episode
Old 2022-06-13, 07:18   Link #148
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

It still impresses me how much of the famous seiyuu they hired for this. Even more similarities with Saki.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-14, 23:08   Link #149
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

That was some awesome training that Eve got.

One thing I noticed was when Aoi was at her Grandfather's house there was a photo with a Young Aoi, the photo to the right looked like a young Eve?

There is a chance they are actually related somehow?

Of course we know Eve was found alone years ago, we know nothing about her family.
Old 2022-06-15, 03:28   Link #150
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Oh wow, the show just flat out said that Kinue Jinguji is Amuro's girlfriend huh? Their time together as coach & trainee must've been pretty sweet. But it's too bad that Kinue can never play competitive golf now. Still, Amuro keeps throwing aces towards Eve to overcome is pretty intense. Him throwing his own girlfriend as a stepping stone for Eve is pretty cold (as he said himself).

Ichina: "It feels like Char's exclusive models!"

Good-girl Ichina keeps the references going

Also, is it just me or "Evangeline F. Kimishima" is a nod to "Setsuna F. Seiei"?
Old 2022-06-15, 05:30   Link #151
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukes YGO & WS on YT View Post
One thing I noticed was when Aoi was at her Grandfather's house there was a photo with a Young Aoi, the photo to the right looked like a young Eve?

There is a chance they are actually related somehow?

Of course we know Eve was found alone years ago, we know nothing about her family.
It was Aoi and her parents, and then Aoi's mother and Aoi's grandfather and grandmother in the second photo. I think it is even taken in the same spot, as the trees are relatively the same height to each other on the left and right of each photo.

But I have little doubt that Eve is the child of someone famous to the golf world. Her last name was specifically chosen to be different in the fake IDs. She's a ticking time bomb for someone, we just don't know who. Probably the Amawashi family.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-15, 07:19   Link #152
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ichina is even into Gundam, she's really a total Lily clone

This is becoming more of a classic sports anime, but I don't dislike it.
Old 2022-06-15, 15:09   Link #153
Alchemist007
*Author

Half this ep felt like it belonged to an arc that would've come before the mafia stuff. That said, the transition was pretty instantaneous between them anyhow
Old 2022-06-16, 16:29   Link #154
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Half this ep felt like it belonged to an arc that would've come before the mafia stuff. That said, the transition was pretty instantaneous between them anyhow
Right? It does feel like the Mafia arc would be the flashback arc that would be put after the arc we're getting now (the school intro arc). Birdie Wing is nothing if not "innovative" in it's genre
Old 2022-06-21, 22:49   Link #155
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Another very enjoyable episode.

I love how Aoi and Eve still compete with each other while playing as partners.

I also like how Eve hasn't changed and has no problem calling out her competitors for a face to face direct challenge.

Next episode is going to be lit with all those strong opponents they will be up against.
Old 2022-06-22, 06:47   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, so much fun this episode. Eve is still generally losing to Aoi and that makes her extra grumpy. And more & more eyes are drawn to Aoi & Eve duo for the next tournament.

Eve already forgot about Iseshiba and went straight for the juicier Iijima as well as the reigning champion.

Meanwhile, Ichina made another Char reference and Eve bought Lily an old-ass Shy-Tarn kit from the 90s much to her dismay

But this episode didn't just have Gundam reference. Aoi also did an Ultraman "barrier" reference for a change:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-06-22, 07:10   Link #157
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Eve and Aoi bickering/competing is a lot of fun, the same goes for Ichina and Amane who can never agree on anything because they use different approaches.

I like that they're giving Eve more outfits, even if she can't wear them on the course.

And that preview... Eve putting the moves on Aoi to motivate her?
Old 2022-06-22, 10:17   Link #158
Alchemist007
*Author

Always good to see them bickering, much to the bemusement of the bystanders.
Old 2022-06-22, 15:15   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
At least the banter is nice and light. Good motivation for Aoi and Eve to have someone that good close by. Not sure the caddies are actually getting better via this rivalry. They are mostly just sinking into their personal preferences and just clashing whenever they interact.

Good fun overall though.
Old 2022-06-22, 15:37   Link #160
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Not sure the caddies are actually getting better via this rivalry. They are mostly just sinking into their personal preferences and just clashing whenever they interact.
But Amane is finally recognizing Ichina, at least to a degree with the high-five that they both instantly regretted, so Ichina is actually winning their little battle.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
golf, sports