Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-25, 09:26   Link #141
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I read the manga and know that Busou Renkin kinda lacks great action scenes. Most of the enemies are defeated by few hits. I really hope that the anime will extend the fights
Old 2006-10-25, 09:34   Link #142
kaeli

The anime's action scenes are already sort of easier to follow. I don't really need long battles, as long as the actions themselves are creative and I can see why one attack failed or why one succeeded, or which trick was used to win.
Old 2006-10-25, 09:57   Link #143
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
The manga's kinda straightforward with most of the fighting scenes, so I'll be watching to see how they play it out in the anime, considering the fact that quite a few parts have deviated.
Old 2006-10-25, 21:57   Link #144
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

They kept the Jojo-injoke intact in episode 4!
I'm a happy man now.

Now I expect all the later Jojo injokes to be intact
Old 2006-10-31, 16:58   Link #145
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Evil yet suspected cliffhanger in episode 4! Though I pretty much laughed at the beginning moment where
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
They kept the Jojo-injoke intact in episode 4!
I'm a happy man now.

Now I expect all the later Jojo injokes to be intact
Care to explain that?
Old 2006-10-31, 17:45   Link #146
Ptolemi
Banned

I hope he falls in love with Toki, or h/e you spell that name, because she seems nice and all. Probably however he won't because she needs to move about to take care of the monsters and he will not leave his life behind.

Awsome another romance/action anime that will not have a truey happy ending. Well maybe it will because no other girl likes him, sooo.... lets hope they end up with eachother and he surpasses her in strenght.
Old 2006-10-31, 23:05   Link #147
Omiane
Shounen Archiver

Send a message via AIM to Omiane Send a message via MSN to Omiane Send a message via Yahoo to Omiane
Toki is pretty awesome but I hope that Kazuki's Busou Renkin can separate into two so he can fight with both that would be cool.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:28   Link #148
kaeli

Her name is Tokiko. Are the fansubs still getting it wrong?
Old 2006-11-01, 06:38   Link #149
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It's not the fansub getting it wrong...

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:39   Link #150
kaeli

I thought there was some inconsistency at one point, where it was sometimes spelled Tokito, sometimes, correctly, Tokiko.
Old 2006-11-01, 06:41   Link #151
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
It would seem that way. I thought someone would have rectified that mistake completely already.

Back to the discussion:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-01, 12:27   Link #152
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
it would also be interesting to see kind of illness the Papillion Mask guy has...he seems awfully weak and its because he will die due to his current condition that he is trying to turn himself into a homunculus human hybrid...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-01, 15:12   Link #153
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Plus Tokiko's a heck of a lot sexier in the anime.
Those shorts she was wearing in the hotel room are an A++.
I second that.
Old 2006-11-01, 17:57   Link #154
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
it would also be interesting to see kind of illness the Papillion Mask guy has...he seems awfully weak and its because he will die due to his current condition that he is trying to turn himself into a homunculus human hybrid...
Illness? He's got a weak body. lol. It's just a generic illness that you see a lot in anime.

Weak Body Syndrome causes the afflicted individual to cough blood and occasionally have moments of weakness or faint. No other symptoms appear although the sufferer of Weak Body Syndrome is running out of time. Weak Body Syndrome is irrevocably fatal and cannot be cured by any method. It doesn't matter if the anime is set in the far future with advanced medical technology or the afflicted individual is a shinigami living in the after life. Weak Body Syndrome is always fatal. You can be certain that the sufferer is running out of time. He just doesn't have enough time to live. Perhaps a time transplant could cure it, but I've never seen it attempted in anime.

I can't tell you how long I laughed when Mahiro asked, "Do you have a weak body?" Like that is even vaguely a description of why someone would take all that medicine.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-11-01, 22:09   Link #155
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh so he just has a weak body oops my bad...must have missed mahiro saying that cause ive only seen the raw but tbh if it was some kind of illness that could deepen the plot a bit

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-01, 23:40   Link #156
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Absolutely. Honestly how hard would it be to write that he has Parkinson's Disease, AIDS, Multiple Sclerosis or Leukemia? Some real disease wouldn't have made me crack up at the standard Weak Body Syndrome. I see that so often that it only makes me laugh now.

By contrast naming a real disease would have made me feel bad for him. Even though he is a scumbag murderer, I can understand how his desperation to live out a full life have pushed him to this rejection of morality. He deserves to have had a chance to bond with the viewer even as we despite his methods. That emotional connection was stolen by not giving him a real disease.

Old 2006-11-02, 05:19   Link #157
kaeli

Oh, I don't know. I really do not want to know if it's lung cancer or leukemia or something more rare, yet still fatal. More importantly perhaps, I do not expect Chouno to tell me, or those people he has only just met. It's up to him whether he tells them the exact details of his medical condition. But all we really need to know is that he is dying and has no chance.

But as far as I know, there is still more that might make you sympathize with Chouno. His life really kind of sucks...

But speaking of which. Why do so many manga decide not to mention the disease's actual name, but keep it vague instead? Is it just so you can avoid committing mistakes with the symptoms, or is there some shounen manga rule that forbids exact portrayal of an existing illness?
Old 2006-11-02, 18:29   Link #158
Ptolemi
Banned

Well to be honest the anime has a nice nitch of comedy, action, and drama. I like that, but what i think would REALLY make it nice if they go out.

She seems to have hinted she likes him. She blushes and says "Are you happy i am older?" so that at least shows she might have feelings for him, but not yet realized them.

However it seems that it won't happen until the end of the show, because the guy is really dense. I pray that they go out and are a couple before the last episode. The action with some kissing/romance/ something more would be nice. I just think the romance would add another side to the anime and it would be really sweet, but i think it won't happen because of course the dude is hardheaded.
Old 2006-11-02, 19:18   Link #159
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Mahiro-chan voice actress is so ~moe~

And yeah best scene of episode one was knife poking,to get your "point" across! Woohoo for Mistress Tokiko!

Episode 2:

BUSOOOOOOU FIRRRREEEEEE REEENKKIIINN BOOOMMMMMBBBBEEEERRRR¬!!!!

damn that opening song rocks!

Sounds suspiciously like JAM project.

I won't be surprised if it is JAM Project members singing the opening, arbeit not under the group name.

Its kinda nice, having a male vocal for the opening and a soft female vocal ending

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2006-11-02 at 20:02.
Old 2006-11-02, 20:13   Link #160
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Closed Thread

Tags
action, shounen