Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-23, 22:40   Link #141
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirito View Post
I think six or plus years. Are you talking about the game or the cancel announcement? Either way the cancellation of this game just really kills me inside.
6 plus years man that's either they making it better or ready to cancel.

Oh well...
Old 2012-07-24, 01:14   Link #142
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

For all the fan crying about ff xiii and the nova project, I still think FF reishiki is one of the best ff story wise comparable to ff vi and vii. Gameplay is super fun too. Ff xiii probably ends up like that because it were rushed to come out, and xiii-2 is just patchwork gone wrong.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:15   Link #143
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/07/23...uare-enix-ceo/
Hahahahahahaha.
Fuck Kotaku.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:23   Link #144
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Don't like the sound of the "presentation" bit. It seems like they are not even close to finishing the game. Really doubt it will make it out on this gen consoles.
SE should really make all games on PC, it is the only platform that enables them to do such long term projects. Don't really want to know how much money this project had already drained, I guess a lot seeing that they had to released XIII-2
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:34   Link #145
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
This, same with IGN for treating it as fact.

They just did for free clicks.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 02:49   Link #146
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Don't like the sound of the "presentation" bit. It seems like they are not even close to finishing the game. Really doubt it will make it out on this gen consoles.
It was designed for PS3, so it will be on PS3. You are reading too much into a single tweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
They just did for free clicks.
It's really terrible how much disinformation they're capable of spreading.

Last edited by Tyabann; 2012-07-24 at 03:01.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 03:25   Link #147
Freeter
beyond

Hah, Wada you cad. How about snapping a twitpic of this "city" instead of just raving about it? I'd be more inclined to believe you then instead of suspecting damage control on your part.

Honestly though, I was utterly disappointed with the retcon disaster that was XIII-2, so I'm hoping this does eventually materialize and be as good as he's hyping it to be.
Old 2012-07-24, 03:44   Link #148
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

they should have some new small info every month so we dont have to worried

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 05:39   Link #149
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Thank goodness Wada confirmed that the rumor about this game being cancelled was false *whew* that had me worried sick.

"Nothing is true, Everything is Permitted" - Altaïr Ibn-La'Ahad
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 05:44   Link #150
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
This. And maybe IGN, too.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 08:13   Link #151
Destined_Fate

Maybe the delays are because they don't plan it being released on this gen consoles at all and are waiting on the PS4 and XBox720?
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 14:35   Link #152
leokiko

Nevertheless, Kotaku's plan worked. With so long without any information, they got some words from the CEO that pretty much confirms that the project is still alive.

Good job, Kotaku.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 00:59   Link #153
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge Meltdown View Post
Thank goodness Wada confirmed that the rumor about this game being cancelled was false *whew* that had me worried sick.
same here Dx I was about to die. Im Looking forward to this game
Old 2012-07-25, 14:49   Link #154
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
You know while I think that a lot of the reason that Versus has been in development so long has to do with the typical Square Enix tinkering with their cutting edge graphics and assets I would hope that the reason it's taken so particuarly long and why they've shown very little is because they really want to get this one right and are trying to make it as much like what people wanted of FFXIII as possible. I wouldn't be surprised if they've reinvented it already since FFXIII's release considering they clearly seemed to be going in the direction of the ultra stream-lined interactive movie that a lot of the fans have emphatically stated they don't want again.

Plus since they followed XIII up with the even more disastrous FFXIV and are going on a good 3 years of the FF name basically being a laughing stock this may be one of their last chances to rescue the brands increasingly less highly regarded name from sliding further down the list of the most respected JRPG franchises. After all there's only so many times in a row you can have critical flops in your franchise before the stigma starts to stick and the previous assurance of quality that used to be attached to the franchise name starts to become overwritten in the hearts and minds of gamers by the list of ever increasing and more recent disgraces. Especially if the ones who even remember the golden days of said franchise start to move on.

It's almost like they've come a full circle finally after the 25 long years since the first game, but now instead of trying to save the company by starting a new hit franchise, they are trying to save the hit franchise in order to protect the company. They've clearly already spent a whole lot of money on Versus so it kind of has to be a smash hit I would think, and if not I don't think it's entirely implausible to say that it could spell the end of the franchise for the near future and it'll need a full on reboot down the line.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 17:05   Link #155
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i consider SE forgot the esscence of final fantasy in their latest games, and focused too much on bringing a experience that relies highly on its visual presentation, i havent played any of the two XIII but for me its hard to get a game that is fragmented in 2 parts and some story dlc, but looking at their new 3DS game bravely default i get a much more Final fantasy feel thant the actually titled games.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:32   Link #156
Sky Knight
Darkness Is In All Of Us

Hm I did like FF13 and 13-2 but in honesty it truly didn't have the feel of the classical FF.
I really do look forward to versus 13, to give me an similar experience to that of the classical FF.
Old 2012-07-26, 16:23   Link #157
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveHime View Post
Hm I did like FF13 and 13-2 but in honesty it truly didn't have the feel of the classical FF.
I really do look forward to versus 13, to give me an similar experience to that of the classical FF.
Pretty sure that versus is an action rpg, and not turn based. Think Seiken Densetsu, Crisis core and other SE action rpgs, rather than traditional turn base final fantasy, and you probably won't be disappointed.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-26, 16:38   Link #158
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
Nevertheless, Kotaku's plan worked. With so long without any information, they got some words from the CEO that pretty much confirms that the project is still alive.

Good job, Kotaku.
Still, it is not a good sign that it has been going on this long. We can be certain by now that the game must have been scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up at least once, maybe even twice. This is just what happens to games in development hell.

You know what? I don't even care if the game has Playstation 1 Graphics. Just give me a proper Final Fantasy game that is finished. Cut corners on the cutscenes if you have to, but just give me the game content I expect.
Old 2012-07-26, 16:43   Link #159
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Still, it is not a good sign that it has been going on this long. We can be certain by now that the game must have been scrapped and rebuilt from the ground up at least once, maybe even twice. This is just what happens to games in development hell.

You know what? I don't even care if the game has Playstation 1 Graphics. Just give me a proper Final Fantasy game that is finished. Cut corners on the cutscenes if you have to, but just give me the game content I expect.
even if half the game end up like disc 2 Xenogears?
Old 2012-07-26, 17:01   Link #160
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post

True, we all know what happened with Duke Nuke Forever

The game won't have bad graphics. Actually, the only part of the game that you can count on being epic are the visuals. The story will probably suck and the gameplay will be only "average".

Also, when a game takes so long to release, ANYTHING they do wrong with it will turn against them.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote