Nope, still enough coffee!
Old 2009-11-15, 19:16   Link #142
whitepearl
Dietrich fan #681675

Send a message via AIM to whitepearl Send a message via MSN to whitepearl
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Free front row seats too.
Aren't front row seats at the movies a bad thing, since you have to keep craning your head upwards toward the screen?

Based on what I've read from people who have seen 2012, it's essentially "The Day After Tomorrow" with more famous monuments/buildings being thrown around

Twitter
whitepearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-15, 19:43   Link #143
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitepearl View Post
Aren't front row seats at the movies a bad thing, since you have to keep craning your head upwards toward the screen?

Based on what I've read from people who have seen 2012, it's essentially "The Day After Tomorrow" with more famous monuments/buildings being thrown around
Depends on how close you are to the front row.

Anyway, my friends are talking about it, so I might go see the movie. Doesn't look like much, really, but hey.
Old 2009-11-15, 20:54   Link #144
coderlan
Student

I'd rather sit at the back, since when you're at the front, you have to make effort to see the screen, and its so intense which is bad.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 01:29   Link #145
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Way I see it is that when the time comes the internet will stop working and form a intelligent AI which will then go and make a robotic army of Raccoons and Chickens.
They will then be sent forth around the world bent on destroying all kettles and hiding our shoes!
The world will be left in chaos and despair from not being able to boil water for their morning brew and not being able to go to work cause of their shoes being hidden!!
Old 2009-11-17, 03:30   Link #146
fedor mma

People have been predicting Doomsday for ages so I doubt anything is gonna happen this time.But if Im wrong i hope the incoming Doomsday will be caused by a ZOMBIE apocalypse.
fedor mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 01:47   Link #147
hunninomori
Kyouya's wife

i believe 2012 is true...NASA knew it since like...29 years ago? when they found planet X(4 times bigger than earth) which supposedly is a planet to substitute earth but they realized that it will either crush with earth or just by pass our earth... apart from that...not related to 2012,our earth pole is shifting...this is a report made by scientist, north pole will become south pole by means of time...dont u guys realized many earthquakes happened? many more disaster is coming our way... the only thing we could do is be prepared to meet our creator...even if 2012 doesnt happen.... we still face other environment problem... green house effect.... since the ice in north pole is melted and our earth's only glacier left is in south pole...last year... environment scientist made a prediction that new zealand will be under water 10 yrs later....
hunninomori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-22, 10:42   Link #148
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunninomori View Post
i believe 2012 is true...NASA knew it since like...29 years ago? when they found planet X(4 times bigger than earth) which supposedly is a planet to substitute earth but they realized that it will either crush with earth or just by pass our earth... apart from that...not related to 2012,our earth pole is shifting...this is a report made by scientist, north pole will become south pole by means of time...dont u guys realized many earthquakes happened? many more disaster is coming our way... the only thing we could do is be prepared to meet our creator...even if 2012 doesnt happen.... we still face other environment problem... green house effect.... since the ice in north pole is melted and our earth's only glacier left is in south pole...last year... environment scientist made a prediction that new zealand will be under water 10 yrs later....

lol, have fun being paranoid for the next 3 years
Old 2009-11-22, 11:32   Link #149
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunninomori View Post
i believe 2012 is true...NASA knew it since like...29 years ago? when they found planet X(4 times bigger than earth) which supposedly is a planet to substitute earth but they realized that it will either crush with earth or just by pass our earth...
A celestial body that, according to your specs, should now be visible to the naked eye and impossible to conceal from public eye (if you believe a governmental cover-up is currently in effect). The only moving thing I'm seeing in the night sky might be an aircraft...or Santa Claus on his flying sled, rehearsing for this end-of-year's celebrations.
Quote:
apart from that...not related to 2012,our earth pole is shifting...this is a report made by scientist, north pole will become south pole by means of time...
At an extremely slow speed, yes. It's already happened in the past and the last known event is the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal, which took place 780,000 years ago...and took between 1,200 and 10,000 years to go full circle (figuratively speaking). If it were to repeat itself, I believe we wouldn't even notice it. That is, until the media and other conspiracy rings try to make a fuss out of it for the sake of hogging the spotlight. And even then, most gov. orgs will probably try to downplay things to avoid widespread panic (I really fail to see how those "OMG! Doomsday is coming" squeals are helping the population - it's no better than shouting "Fire" in a crowded shopping center/theater and hoping there will be no stampede). NASA's already having its hands full dispelling the concerns of all-too-impressionable citizens that have bought the 2012 Doomsday theory and are considering avoiding the hour of armageddon by shortening their own lives. This so-called 'Doomsday year' keeps changing - before, it was 2000 then 2003, and when nothing happened during those two years, they set it back to 2012. I expect the same thing to happen on 2009/12/31 when the last second of the year will die...though I don't know which alternate date those guys will pick right then. 2020? 2030?

Quote:
dont u guys realized many earthquakes happened?
Do you even know how many earthquakes happen on a daily basis? We register a million and a half per year, with a Richter 5 every six hours or so. According to USGS statistics, we've had 18 or so Richter 7+ earthquakes per year...since the 1900s. Unless you're sitting right right on top of a tectonically active fault or have a baby volcano cooking up in your garden, you'll be fine.

Quote:
many more disaster is coming our way...
Sure. I dread the next Celine Dion album - because it means my neighbor will have the CD playing all day long, eventually driving me nuts and wondering why my home never had acoustic isolation built in.

Quote:
the only thing we could do is be prepared to meet our creator...even if 2012 doesnt happen....
We all have to, disaster or not. Nobody lives forever - and I've been reminded of that fact last month ago when my own father unexpectedly passed away. Even as an agnostic, I'm not sure our Father would be much impressed by His children who have waited until the last second to make amends with Him. Better late than never, maybe, but our motives wouldn't definitely earn us a surefire ticket to the gardens of Eden. If we really wanted to enjoy a peaceful afterlife, we should've started doing things right long before...and not now. Or the day after.

Quote:
we still face other environment problem... green house effect.... since the ice in north pole is melted
Ice has been melting from the Poles for six thousand years already, but it's been accelerating since a couple decades. During the Creaceous, the mean surface temperature was approx. four degrees Celsius higher than our current readings, which suggests that...unless the Giant Meteorite theory gets debunked and we're left with less spectacular explanations to feast on, the dinosaurs most likely didn't die from a Day After Tomorrow scenario - well, I mean: one that was not caused by nuclear winter.

Quote:
and our earth's only glacier left is in south pole...
Try again. Please don't mix glaciers with polar caps.

Quote:
last year... environment scientist made a prediction that new zealand will be under water 10 yrs later....
Provided the ice melting rate increases dramatically; climate shifts are thought (though this belief is subject to constant change) to be sudden and brutal, but at the current rate NZ won't be threatened until way into the future. If the Apophis asteroid were to somehow defeat all odds, veer towards our little blue planet, connect with the South Pole and cause all the freshwater to relocate into the oceans, I could buy the idea of a 30-60m sea level rise (and NZ has 18 peaks towering above 3,000m - just watch Lord of the Rings - that's where they shot the movie, it will also give you an idea of its fantastic landscape)...but until then...we keep trying to prevent an already messy situation from getting downright apocalyptic.
Preferably without drawing inspiration from Helena Blavatsky or Charles-Etienne Brasseur de Bourbourg's books.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2009-11-22 at 11:59.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 05:15   Link #150
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

We will just have to wait and see.
Old 2010-01-20, 18:31   Link #151
SirJeannot
AT Field

it's funny to see the new prediction for internet addressing space allocation will be exhausted by the end of 2012 for one of the predictions
Old 2010-01-20, 19:45   Link #152
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Aimingan12
Meh, I don't believe it
Neither am I expecting much.

"All is lost."
Aimingan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 22:04   Link #153
Xion Valkyrie

I really do wonder if anyone is dumb enough to bet money on the world ending in 2012. Cause I can make a fortune that way =)
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-20, 23:12   Link #154
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I really do wonder if anyone is dumb enough to bet money on the world ending in 2012. Cause I can make a fortune that way =)

*retracts bet on the world ending in 2012*
Old 2010-01-20, 23:35   Link #155
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
I think people are already betting on that

"All is lost."
Old 2010-01-21, 00:17   Link #156
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I think it's all a buncha bunk.

Just dropping my two cents. XD
Old 2010-01-21, 00:27   Link #157
Aimingan12
Chibi's Bishie
*Author

^Lol that it is

"All is lost."
Old 2010-01-21, 00:28   Link #158
ac3y

What I think is going to happen is that astronomers and stargazers will have a field day with all the interesting things happening in the sky, conspiracy theorists will say "oh just wait, THEY'VE got something planned, it's just begun", and life will go on for the rest of us.
Old 2010-03-05, 18:33   Link #159
Tiberium Wolf

Maybe betting from the earthquakes in this year?
There seems a lot of earthquakes this year. There is still 26 days till the end of the month to happen a big earthquake.
Jan -> Haiti
Feb -> Chile
Mar -> We had a few below 7.
Old 2010-03-05, 20:31   Link #160
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

I believe, regardless of it ending or not. As long as the kitties live through it, i'm fine.

Humanity can die for all I care.

Seriously though, if the world ended... I say kudos, our story as a race has ended. Let what remains of our civilization being an unspoken epitaph. The death, destruction, and anarchous existence we bathed in ourselves in have, undoubtedly -- Drowned us into nothing but a mere memory. Metaphorically speaking if the world does end.

I'm neutral. If the world does end, good. I hope all the good and nice otaku survive.

If the world doesn't end, big deal. Nothing but another false alarm.

They might actually get alot of money if they make bogus cryosleep chambers xD or bogus bunkers. Whatever the greedy bastards are planning.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apocalypse