AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-19, 23:52   Link #141
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
I'm about 73% into the gaame, I know the end is coming, but I've been wasting ALOT of my time in the sidequests...

But gotta say, I'm loving everything that came with the Collector's Edition, mostly being the art book and the Official Soundtrack that came with it. Gotta say though, probably the highligt of the soundtrack is...

Spoiler for video:

And the artbook. Loving how they put the game in the BACK of it, instead of it by itself in the little shelf thing that had the figurine on it. All in all, I liked the Collector's Edition~
Old 2011-10-20, 00:41   Link #142
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
It is possible, if you take out the Catwoman missions and finding all those damn Riddler trophies.
But,but BUT!!.....Doing and getting as much as you can while playing through your first playthrough is what makes it fun, just like it did for Arkham Asylum. To each their own but I could personally NEVER play through a game just to rush through the story and get the extra stuff post game unless they're THAT much of a hassle.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 01:50   Link #143
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2 View Post
But,but BUT!!.....Doing and getting as much as you can while playing through your first playthrough is what makes it fun, just like it did for Arkham Asylum. To each their own but I could personally NEVER play through a game just to rush through the story and get the extra stuff post game unless they're THAT much of a hassle.
They are that much a hassle, especially when you're already sleeping only two hours a day from your workload as head of the sales department for a company. I've cancelled some (unimportant) dawn meeting sessions to play this.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 03:21   Link #144
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Anyone have an issue activating their PS3 code for Catwoman, mine refuses to activate. Considering the game came with the PS3 I just purchased from EB not 2 hours ago and both were unopened before I got home I'm getting quite miffed.

Anyone know if it is possible to play the game and add the key later and do the missions then? I'm leaning towards it not being possible because if that's the case there is no point to me starting to play.
Old 2011-10-20, 03:45   Link #145
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Gotta say though, probably the highligt of the soundtrack is...

Spoiler for video:
I certainly agree. Especially since that song sounds heavily reminiscent of the kind of style P!ATD had in their freshman album, which was the pinnacle of their career. It's a cool track.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 07:01   Link #146
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Man last night I almost suicided because this VR training mission was soooooo aggrovating >< 4 rings you gotta glide through after divebombing down into the subway area.
Old 2011-10-20, 08:33   Link #147
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Anyone have an issue activating their PS3 code for Catwoman, mine refuses to activate. Considering the game came with the PS3 I just purchased from EB not 2 hours ago and both were unopened before I got home I'm getting quite miffed.

Anyone know if it is possible to play the game and add the key later and do the missions then? I'm leaning towards it not being possible because if that's the case there is no point to me starting to play.
My Catwoman code for the Xbox 360 has apparently already been validated... I was disgusted when Warner Brothers pulled this online pass bullshit with Mortal Kombat and it's even more disgusting in this case. They advertise Catwoman as a major part of the game for the last year and than make her an online code and DLC for second hand buyers. I always buy my games new but this increasingly common practice is something that needs to die.. and than they go and fuck up things for people who buy the game legit.

Send an email to the address listed here.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.co...ros--catwoman#

I like how they act like 10,000 cases is small, also how they act like everything this has affected has already complained and their sold clearly ='s shipped so you'll have a staggering amount of copies with fucked up Catwoman codes still sitting on shelves.

Good shit Warner Brothers.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 12:14   Link #148
Jaden

I just realised I got this for free from buying an nvidia graphics card.

I haven't played Arkham Asylum. I hear it's pretty good.

It's on Steam for 10€ at the moment. Should I buy and play that first?
Old 2011-10-20, 13:17   Link #149
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I just realised I got this for free from buying an nvidia graphics card.

I haven't played Arkham Asylum. I hear it's pretty good.

It's on Steam for 10€ at the moment. Should I buy and play that first?
Asylum is about 1/5 the size of City, and is a bit easier (except the damn Croc Arc). It's great for practice.
Old 2011-10-20, 20:29   Link #150
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Just beat the game, faster than I thought because I overestimated the games length and amount of stuff you had to do to get everything without a guide. And my goodness, not a bad story at all. Bravo rocksteady.

Spoiler for For final boss and ending:
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 23:53   Link #151
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
My Catwoman code for the Xbox 360 has apparently already been validated... I was disgusted when Warner Brothers pulled this online pass bullshit with Mortal Kombat and it's even more disgusting in this case. They advertise Catwoman as a major part of the game for the last year and than make her an online code and DLC for second hand buyers. I always buy my games new but this increasingly common practice is something that needs to die.. and than they go and fuck up things for people who buy the game legit.

Send an email to the address listed here.

http://community.batmanarkhamcity.co...ros--catwoman#

I like how they act like 10,000 cases is small, also how they act like everything this has affected has already complained and their sold clearly ='s shipped so you'll have a staggering amount of copies with fucked up Catwoman codes still sitting on shelves.

Good shit Warner Brothers.
Yeah it's a definite knock on. My Key did eventually activate though, at about 8:00pm, which is probably just past midnight in the US and the PSN updated itself (since prior to that Arkham City didn't even show up in the catalogue).

I totally agree the setup they used was completely stupid. Catwoman was touted as being an important central part of the story, it should have been included by default. With all the problems I've heard people having it really is a pretty pathetic showing. But TBH I think day 1 DLC's are completely stupid anyway. Anything that is day 1 should be in the damn game to begin with.

Yeah the figures are nuts. I'm really not impressed over all, which is a pity cause the game itself is great.

Pity I'm away this weekend, should have brought the thing with me so I could play it on the hotel TV. Ahh well.
Old 2011-10-21, 01:51   Link #152
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Here's a puzzle for you guys, in the game take out the Cryptographic Sequencer, then tune it to these three frequencies:

500, 900

200, 500

700, 500

Each will give you a sequence of numbers from 1 to 26. See if you can decode them.~

Spoiler for The 3 number sequences for those who don't wish to get the numbers themselves:
Old 2011-10-21, 02:16   Link #153
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Here's a puzzle for you guys, in the game take out the Cryptographic Sequencer, then tune it to these three frequencies:

500, 900

200, 500

700, 500

Each will give you a sequence of numbers from 1 to 26. See if you can decode them.~

Spoiler for The 3 number sequences for those who don't wish to get the numbers themselves:

Spoiler for Already solved:
Old 2011-10-21, 02:17   Link #154
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

BTAS Costume even Catwoman is BTAS

If only PS3 was made in the era where DLC is not yet invented....
Old 2011-10-21, 18:17   Link #155
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

So, uh, who is the person saying that number sequence? Scarecrow?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 04:18   Link #156
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just thought I'd point out 2 things for the game about Croc and Scarecrow...

Spoiler for Spoilers?:
Old 2011-10-22, 05:31   Link #157
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Just thought I'd point out 2 things for the game about Croc and Scarecrow...

Spoiler for Spoilers?:
Managed to grab some videos demonstrating both.~

Spoiler for Killer Croc easter egg:

Spoiler for Scarecrow easter egg:

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-10-22 at 05:59.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 09:03   Link #158
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Bah, now I'm stuck on
Spoiler:
Old 2011-10-22, 11:20   Link #159
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Alright! Finished the Main story and majority of the side quests, once you get used to the flow of things it doesn't seem as overwhelming as it did at the start.

Spoiler for What's left:

Btw, how do you solve the Riddle puzzles that require multiple pressure sensors?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-22, 12:03   Link #160
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Btw, how do you solve the Riddle puzzles that require multiple pressure sensors?
My suspicion is that you have to hit them in a particular order, but I can't say that's ever worked out for me.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote