AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-08, 07:48   Link #1581
fujin of shadows

Do you guys think that next Volume would be another showcase of Tatsuya's skill?

I still want to see how many decomposition spells that he has at his disposal
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 07:49   Link #1582
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Do you guys think that next Volume would be another showcase of Tatsuya's skill?

I still want to see how many decomposition spells that he has at his disposal
Honestly. Isn't every volume?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:07   Link #1583
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Hey TA, has there been any mention about the "going to bed" thing? Has the page been posted yet? Because depending on the wording it could be the final nail in the coffin for all other shippers.
I have been thinking the same thing and looking around 2chan. It was a big thing at spoiler thread at 2chan. I think, I posted a picture that one anon posted at 2chan's spoiler thread, but everything is quiet now. And, at the regular Mahouka thread, they are busy talking about Ayako's bo*bs right now and speculating how seaweed(Takuma) and Morisaki will react towards Tatsuya.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Speaking of ESCAPES, doesn't the Ichijou family run an undersea mining company? Possible foreshadowing? The translation of the preview said "wise man" which could mean sage. Maybe it's another sage. I'd like to see some new ones at this point in the story.
Wow, that is interesting speculation. Yes, we have seven sages, and we only know three; but, the preview also mentioned about anti-magic movement, so I am leaning towards Black Sage. But, it would be another plot twist if we get another sage who is working against Japan.

I think, this information regarding Ichijou's business came from the drama CD with Ichijou Gouki. We may need more information about this. In vol.16, ESCAPES is not at practical level. So, even if Yotsuba requests a help from Ichijou clan, it may have to happen right away, and Tatsuya and Miyuki has Kitayama family as a friend, so Ichijou's little mining company may not be necessary. lol.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:11   Link #1584
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
I have been thinking the same thing and looking around 2chan. It was a big thing at spoiler thread at 2chan. I think, I posted a picture that one anon posted at 2chan's spoiler thread, but everything is quiet now. But, at the regular Mahouka thread, they are busy talking about Ayako's bo*bs right now and speculating how seaweed(Takuma) and Morisaki will react towards Tatsuya.

Wow, that is interesting speculation. Yes, we have seven sages, and we only know three; but, the preview also mentioned about anti-magic movement, so I am leaning towards Black Sage. But, it would be another plot twist if we get another sage who is working against Japan.

I think, this information regarding Ichijou's business came from the drama CD with Ichijou Gouki. We may need more information about this. In vol.16, ESCAPES is not at practical level. So, even if Yotsuba requests a help from Ichijou clan, it may have to happen right away, and Tatsuya and Miyuki has Kitayama family as a friend, so Ichijou's little mining company may not be necessary. lol.
Well, I'm glad someone's talking about it.

Meh. It was just a pipe dream, but it's probably the Black Sage. It is something of a critical time for the Yotsuba so he's definitely got motive.

There was a drama CD? Like I posted before, I was in no way implying that they'd team up. I'm just saying, if Tatsuya succeeds - and he probably will - the Ichijou's will be out of business. Just another one of a dozen ways Tatsuya is screwing them over.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:16   Link #1585
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There was a drama CD? Like I posted before, I was in no way implying that they'd team up. I'm just saying, if Tatsuya succeeds - and he probably will - the Ichijou's will be out of business. Just another one of a dozen ways Tatsuya is screwing them over.
I also did not know about the drama CD with Gouki until somebody mentioned it at 4chan.
This copy/paste spoiler from 4chan regarding Gouki;
Spoiler for Gouki:

Anyway, spoiler is copy&paste paragraph from 4chan. I also think, some of information is weird, but I do not wish to edit the original version, so I just put everything.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-08 at 08:46.
Old 2015-05-08, 08:20   Link #1586
@GEMC

what do you mean by this?
>Wasted resources on saving that failure george when his cardinal theory is wrong
also can you give more details what kind of family masaki has?
Old 2015-05-08, 08:22   Link #1587
amtro
Distro

Wait, when was the cardinal code theory proven wrong? IIRC only Tatsuya knows for sure that is wrong. George gets all the praise for having discovered one. And how exactly did it cost them resources to save him?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:24   Link #1588
TrueAlchemist

@ @GEMC I just copy/paste it from 4chan. I think, it is a discussion between two people;
the first person explained about the drama CD, and the other stated his opinion about Ichijou clan.
Quote:
Wait, when was the cardinal code theory proven wrong? IIRC only Tatsuya knows for sure that is wrong. George gets all the praise for having discovered one. And how exactly did it cost them resources to save him?
I remember from somewhere that Masaki thinks Cardinal Code is not perfect, and he is simply not telling George in order to avoid hurting his friend.
I am not interested in Masaki, so I am not really sure.

Anyway, spoiler is copy&paste paragraph from 4chan. I also thought, it was weird, but I did not wish to edit the original version, so I just put everything.
Old 2015-05-08, 08:25   Link #1589
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
I also did not know about the drama CD with Gouki until somebody mentioned it at 4chan.
Spoiler for Gouki:
So sad, ichijou clan so poor. They need to open yakisoba business or sell masaki motorbike.
Old 2015-05-08, 08:46   Link #1590
amtro
Distro

They're not poor. They're well off, just not stinking filthy rich and capable of operating large chains of hotels as well as a cutting edge technology company.
Old 2015-05-08, 08:49   Link #1591
Aciald

Quote:
The Cardinal code is not wrong. The issue is the cardinal code theory states it is the basis for all magic. However, Tatsuya knows magic that falls outside of the cardinal code. The cardinal code still works it's just the theory should state that it is the basis of MOST magic not all.

In short, it is an incredible discovery just not quite as incredible as most people think.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 08:53   Link #1592
TheLaG

Quote:
I remember from somewhere that Masaki thinks Cardinal Code is not perfect, and he is simply not telling George in order to avoid hurting his friend.
I am not interested in Masaki, so I am not really sure.
Well Tatsuya did said, that Theory behind Cardinal Codes are wrong, but codes exist

As for mining company, I don't think it will be on same level as Tatsuya ESCAPE, probably their company is just collects regular resource, while Tatsuya probably would be able to mine only him needed elements, I thing this will be working when he finishes his Stellar Furnace

p/s I think he already analyzed Magatama relic from volume 6, because he needs those "unproven" properties of that relic.
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 09:33   Link #1593
Blarrow

Quote:
Mahouka thread, they are busy talking about Ayako's bo*bs right now
That's quite decent discussion. Unfortunately 4ch threads are more MayumiVsMiyuki oriented.
Blarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 09:40   Link #1594
Jiminy

Quote:
Spoiler for Gouki:
I've seen this before in 4chan too but I judged it too be mainly the guys opinion. Obviously he doesn't like the Ichijous very much.
For example the statement too poor to have servants is a little odd for one of the biggest and most powerful Master Clans and at least at the moment to own a large mining company is not such a bad thing in terms of income.

And about the cardinal code being wrong. I believe Tatsuya said in the 9SC the theory isn't sufficient but he didn't say it's not valid. (OK those are my words) In other words the theory isn't complete, there is something missing in the explanation. Don't forget George didn't come up with the theory itself but he found one of the Cardinal Codes and wrote an application for it. That means it's not entirely wrong and Georges discovery is still incredible.

One more thing about ESCAPES. Tatsuya usually invents something, publishes it and FLT begins to produce it and later sells it. I don't think it's meant to be used by the Yotsubas themself yet. So there will no conflict with the Ichijous. In fact they might become clients but I can't tell for sure since I don't know what ESCAPES is really meant to do, how it really works and what it produces as end-product. The spoilers don't give me enough information yet. (cleaning the sea and gathering resources sounds like mining but I don't know for sure)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG
p/s I think he already analyzed Magatama relic from volume 6, because he needs those "unproven" properties of that relic.
That would really become interesting if he had the Magatama relict deciphered. FLT could begin to create magic weapons including robots that could use magic. We would have an alternative for the Kudous and their dangerous Pdolls. Moreover he could begin to commercialize magic such that anyone could use it and the non-magicians could loose some of their fear. But since this would be such an incredible feat I think it would be mentioned in one of the spoilers. I believe Tatsuya might solve this in one of the last volumes because this relict really is too much of a game changer. This object alone would allow Tatsuya to fulfill one of his biggest dreams

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-05-08 at 10:12.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 09:40   Link #1595
Aciald

Hmmm, still haven't seen the most important spoiler. What Aoki's face looked like when Tatsuya was declared Maya's son and a member of the Yotsuba. Surely the author didn't forget to add in that long awaited scene. If it isn't in there then we need to demand a short story about it.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 10:21   Link #1596
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Lol. Chill.

I believe that spoiler about Gouki are worded sarcastically by Tatsuya believer.

> ichijou too poor to have servants : the writer is making a jest. We all know it is bc they dont believe in that value of having servants.

>run a shitty mine company : the writer being sarcastic, bc Tatsuya ESCAPES will thwart them later hahaha

>have a normal family with a bunch of empty rooms : again, jesting.

>Wasted resources on saving that failure george when his cardinal theory is wrong : pffttt, true though.

>think they can object to shit : refers to The Humiliating Proposal.

Can't you see?
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:10   Link #1597
zerozeronine

It's funny that people still believe in the shipping wars,even though Mahouka has harem tendencies,it isn't bound to it's rules (like Tokyo Ravens which had the obvious end girl by volume 9 ),where the end girl will only be revealed by the final or 2nd to the final volume like other typical harem series.

So do you think with what Masaki's family trying to stop the engagement will be blown into a clan war with the Yotsuba (they might have pissed off Maya) or a "real" Masaki vs Tatsuya fight for Miyuki's hand?
zerozeronine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:21   Link #1598
xdhakspy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
It's funny that people still believe in the shipping wars,even though Mahouka has harem tendencies,it isn't bound to it's rules,like Tokyo Ravens (which had the obvious end girl by volume 9 ),where the end girl will only be revealed by the final or 2nd to the final volume like other typical harem series.

So do you think with what Masaki's family trying to stop the engagement will be blown into a clan war with the Yotsuba (they might have pissed off Maya) or a "real" Masaki vs Tatsuya fight for Miyuki's hand?
We need to know the reason of the objection on the next volume...because If the Ichijou family doesn't have the power to the objection is only a sad attempt...We know that is weird that they try to marry Miyuki to Ichijou because Miyuki is a heir and she can't leave this post, is more probability to marry Masaki to Yotsuba but Ichijou's clan will be loss a candidate to a heir...If the Drama CD is true I can only think about an affectionate father that want the best for his children but He has a bad character....So He will do the best of himself for his children but if He pass the limit He will be a foolish father because with their clan power alone They won't oppose the Yotsuba. So I think that a third party is playing the game on this...
xdhakspy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:22   Link #1599
RaymondSageClark
Banned

If Masaki fights vs Tatsuya he's going kick his ass to the moon, Ichijou family has nothing to do with this engagement because they lose in power and influence.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-08, 11:27   Link #1600
amtro
Distro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerozeronine View Post
It's funny that people still believe in the shipping wars,even though Mahouka has harem tendencies,it isn't bound to it's rules (like Tokyo Ravens which had the obvious end girl by volume 9 ),where the end girl will only be revealed by the final or 2nd to the final volume like other typical harem series.

It's irrelevant. Whether he wins, or loses a fight won't suddenly change Miyuki's heart like that. If anything she may just get annoyed at Masaki for trying to start shit, when she never even thought of him that way.

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy