AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-12, 20:15   Link #1581
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Hmm never noticed if they ever made a dub for it, I also heard they had a new Voice Actor for Haruhi Suzumiya for season 2, probably just misheard, but I did think Wendee Lee did a spectacular job for dubbing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Far as I know, that was just Christina Vee fangirls wagging their lips... This stuff happens. I still remember "reputable anime news sites" **cough, cough** saying that the 10th novel had been cancelled a few years ago... I do think Vee might be dubbing the OP/ED, though, but don't believe that without a trustworthy source (which I ain't, in this case).
Wendee Lee has been confirmed to be the English voice of Haruhi for "Season 2" and will likely repeat her role for the movie to maintain consistency.

The big rumors for Christina being the voice of Haruhi were mostly due to the fact that she played the role in the ASOS Brigade skits. People jumped the gun before they announced that the dub actors would continue their roles. As for the OP/ED being dubbed. Bandai has no plans to do so. Bayoab and Merr (the person who mixed the versions that Christina uses) confirmed this on AOD during the AX Bandai panel discussion.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-08-12, 20:18   Link #1582
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
As for the OP/ED being dubbed. Bandai has no plans to do so. Bayob and Merr (the person who mixed the versions that Christina uses) confirmed this on AOD during the AX Bandai panel discussion.
And to further confirm, they were playing the episodes at Otakon, and they were definitely the Japanese lyrics leading straight into the english dubbed episodes.
Old 2010-08-12, 20:34   Link #1583
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well thank you guys for confirming that Wendee Lee is going to be Haruhi's Voice Actor in Season 2 and possibly the Movie, Christina Vee is a good singer that I give credit to, but I wouldn't really adjust to the sudden Dub VA switchers to really like it.
Old 2010-08-13, 17:14   Link #1584
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

If the movie doesn't get licensed right away, think it'll get picked up by afk for subs?

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-08-13, 17:24   Link #1585
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The movie already has subs for its theater releases in the United States.
Old 2010-08-13, 17:35   Link #1586
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mckendrick View Post
If the movie doesn't get licensed right away, think it'll get picked up by afk for subs?
It was licensed back in April.
Old 2010-08-13, 19:26   Link #1587
Rayster

This Movie is EPIC! Way to go for a comeback from Season 2.

Hopefully there will be future anime/movi of TMOHS
Old 2010-08-13, 20:57   Link #1588
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The movie itself is spectacular, but I did remember seeing a sub for it on one site, but then it dissapered ... But the movie does restore the "hate" most fans built up on it when they had to watch "Endless Eight"
Old 2010-08-13, 22:20   Link #1589
Mckendrick
Jr Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Mm yes, i had forgotten it already had been licensed.

And yes, there were subs when i saw it in San Fran. I was just hoping they weren't 100% official/just thrown together. That and i'm just an fanboy of afk's Haruhi subs. :/

I was on of the few and lucky to make the pilgrimage to San Fransisco for the Disappearance movie. Hit me up if you wish talk about it.
Old 2010-08-15, 20:47   Link #1590
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
On August 6th and at select theatres thereafter, the third campaign to customers watching the movie started. If you went to see the movie at these theatres, you would receive a B6 sized desk pad. On one side was a special illustration in the changed world, and on the other was a poem by Yuki Nagato. Saikou no Yume was happy to find a copy of the desk pad and translate the poem for everyone. Since the images are big (1000x1415), I'm going to put them under a spoiler bar. If you would like a bigger copy (2000x2829), use the links provided.
Spoiler:

The poem was the original lyrics that Nagaru Tanigawa-sensei wrote for the theme song [i]Yasashii Boukyaku[i].

Old 2010-08-17, 03:49   Link #1591
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She's really cute there (I want to take her home). Though I question the exposed legs in winter when you have Kyon all wrapped up and very winter oriented clothing everywhere else.
Old 2010-08-18, 01:46   Link #1592
SheiKyy
Fumoffu!

I can't wait for this to be subbed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Old 2010-08-18, 03:37   Link #1593
Garby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheiKyy View Post
I can't wait for this to be subbed ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
It's been subbed for forever now. What everyone is waiting on is an actual Blu-Ray release as opposed to a handheld video camera pirate thing.

And they are really dragging out the home release. :3
Old 2010-08-21, 17:20   Link #1594
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

We have entered the final main week in Japan. It's not the real final week because for one week from 9/18-9/24 in Tsuruoka the movie will be shown for perhaps the last time during this second run in Japan. Tokamachi Cinemas Paradise, Cinemas Onomichi, and Cinemart Shinjuku (in Tokyo) will stop showing the movie after the 8/27 showings (this upcoming Friday). Sengeki Cinemas in Iida will stop showing the movie after 8/29 (a week from today).

One week from tomorrow (8/30/10) will be the first day since February 5th that the Haruhi film will not be shown. That will take us to 205 days (6 months and 24 days) that the movie will be shown. Including that final week at Tsuruoka Downtown Cinema will be an even 7 months in theatres.

It's been a fantastic ride. Now Kadokawa, would you please announce a sale date?

Edit: While this doesn't change the dates at all, Keisei Rosa will show the movie again on 8/28 and 8/29. One last time along the Keisei line!

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-22 at 22:24.
Old 2010-08-21, 20:34   Link #1595
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Yeah.

I wanna buy this thing.

But I live in Australia :/
Old 2010-08-21, 20:39   Link #1596
Trilobiteer
Not an ordinary human.

Same here Khu, same here...
Old 2010-08-22, 08:10   Link #1597
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

The Blu-Ray of Disappearance will most likely be the first Blu-Ray that I have bought in my life.

Either that or Inception, depending on which comes out first. Come on Kadokawa!
Old 2010-08-22, 14:03   Link #1598
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
We have entered the final main week in Japan. It's not the real final week because for one week from 9/18-9/24 in Tsuruoka the movie will be shown for perhaps the last time during this second run in Japan. Tokamachi Cinemas Paradise, Cinemas Onomichi, and Cinemart Shinjuku (in Tokyo) will stop showing the movie after the 8/27 showings (this upcoming Friday). Sengeki Cinemas in Iida will stop showing the movie after 8/29 (a week from today).

One week from tomorrow (8/30/10) will be the first day since February 5th that the Haruhi film will not be shown. That will take us to 205 days (6 months and 24 days) that the movie will be shown. Including that final week at Tsuruoka Downtown Cinema will be an even 7 months in theatres.

It's been a fantastic ride. Now Kadokawa, would you please announce a sale date?
and thanks for all the updates you've been providing during this ride, much appreciated Koizumi ultimatemegax... too used to your other avatar.

禁則事項です
Old 2010-08-24, 06:57   Link #1599
bayoab

I can't find the original source on this but supposedly someone's Amazon personal history recommendations has turned up an Amazon exclusive Disappearance Blu-ray due out on 12/18/10.
Old 2010-08-24, 07:10   Link #1600
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

^^^I knew I shouldn't have taken my time on this Here is the original post bayob.

What I'm about to post is unconfirmed and is a rumor.

This was posted on 2ch and is starting to make its way around the Japanese fans on the internet and I'd like to reiterate that it's unconfirmed.

Spoiler:

The post that this image originated from stated the following:
Quote:
I was inadvertently checking through my personal history and this appeared.
(link to image)
There is no associated page when you click the link.
I will say that someone on the board had mentioned seeing something like this before, so it could be the same person. Amazon Japan is starting to put some store goods with items, so this is possible. I'd put the possibility of this happening around 75% since Kadokawa does use a lot of calendar dates with Haruhi, but do remember that this is a rumor and not the usual confirmation that I post.

Edit: Here is an additional image taken (Poster ID is different)
Spoiler:

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-08-24 at 08:02.
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen