Spoiler for Yakou:
Spoiler for Harutora:
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:10   Link #1603
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Spoiler for My thoughts:
That was at the start of their meeting though, so before Jougen asked him to lead.
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:26   Link #1604
Preciize
Them Feels~

Just watched this week's episode and got a couple questions. If anyone could answer them, it would be much appreciated ^^

1. Why did Gengji assign Kagami to take out Ohtomo? Do they have some history together? Or is Genji just trying to do things stealthily as possible?

2. What happens to Ohtomo? A part of me feels like he's going to die. He seems to be on Harutora's side and is going to do whatever it takes to help him.

3. What was going on with Tenma (that Kyouko noticed)? Is he being controlled or manipulated?

4. What happens to Touji?
Spoiler for Harutora:
Old 2014-03-08, 14:42   Link #1605
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
That was at the start of their meeting though, so before Jougen asked him to lead.
Nice point. I've edited my above post with the clarifaction on Yakou/Harutora/YakoTora.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-08 at 17:02.
Old 2014-03-08, 14:43   Link #1606
Iron Maw
Banned

Ch 22 of the manga is out. I haven't read the LN volume for this arc, but man this chapter further makes it clear how much nuances were missed out from the anime version. I.e like real reason the Onmyo Agency wanted Natsume to participate in the second spiritual terrorism incident. It also seems like strong-arm/manipulative tactics like they did in ep 21 isn't too unusual for them.

And this was one of best adapted arcs... Still the anime's version isn't too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyourk View Post
22: counterattack
23: add to the stars???
24: resurrection
Thanks, BTW episode 24 apparently has the same title as episode 3 "Soul Call' whch is a nice throw back. I've said this before, but vol 9 really does seem like a bookend of sorts to first part of series.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-08 at 17:38.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 14:52   Link #1607
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Just watched this week's episode and got a couple questions. If anyone could answer them, it would be much appreciated ^^

1. Why did Gengji assign Kagami to take out Ohtomo? Do they have some history together? Or is Genji just trying to do things stealthily as possible?
Kagami and Ohtomo do a have history together, it was mentioned/implied Kagami might have been a Magic Investigator in 3rd arc of the anime at one point and Ohtomo was his sempai during that time. Kagami also wants to surpass Ohtomo and get him back for those years. This little to do reason why Genji sent him out though, he's put out a "hit" (in a Mob/Yakuza fashion) out on Ohtomo and wants someone wouldn't ask any questions to do it.

Quote:
2. What happens to Ohtomo? A part of me feels like he's going to die. He seems to be on Harutora's side and is going to do whatever it takes to help him.

3. What was going on with Tenma (that Kyouko noticed)? Is he being controlled or manipulated?

Spoiler for Harutora:
Honestly the anime is going to answer all of these questions and more if just wait next week.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-08 at 15:46.
Old 2014-03-08, 15:15   Link #1608
Ultraviolet X

Quote:

Spoiler for Harutora:
Volume 10 its just Harutora and his shikigami, as for what his end game is, its not said, some of his goals are hinted at but not directly said. As for how Harutora seperates from the others, or the happens in anime for the next episode, I wont be saying anything, just wait and watch, all I will say is that all the mc cast (Touji, Tenma, Suzuka, Kyoko, Natsume, Harutora) are all alive in Ln 10.

Last edited by Ultraviolet X; 2014-03-08 at 16:03.
Old 2014-03-08, 15:28   Link #1609
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Kagami and Ohtomo do a have history together, it was mentioned/implied Kagami might have been a Magic Investigator in 3rd arc of the anime at one point and Ohtomo was his sempai during that time. Kagami also wants to surpass Ohtomo and get him back for those years. This little to do reason why Genji sent him out though, he's put out a "hit" (in a Mob/Yakuza fashion) out on Ohtomo and wants someone wouldn't ask any questions to do it.

Honestly the anime is going to answer all of these question and more if just wait next week.
Most spoilers for volume 9-10 are around page 30 on this forum. Just look around that general page (25-35?)
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 15:40   Link #1610
Iron Maw
Banned

Eh, not sure what you are getting at, I already know most of spoilers from those volumes. Preciize is asking about Ohtomo and Kagami history and as far I know it hasn't been touch much upon beyond vol 3. In the anime, Ohtomo mentioned how he deliberately dragged him around various crimes scenes or battlefields and some such to get him experience. This was near the end of episode 9 by the way.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-08 at 19:06.
Old 2014-03-08, 18:26   Link #1611
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Quote:
Slight correction, and addition

23 - Soiboshi - The Room (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Room_(C..._constellation))
24 - Tamayobi - Literally means: Calling back the departed soul.

Sources: By order,

http://www.weblio.jp/content/%E9%AD%82%E5%91%BC
http://www.weblio.jp/content/%E6%B7%BB%E6%98%9F
Old 2014-03-08, 18:40   Link #1612
pampz21
ShipCore

Ohh... UltraVX is such an expert here....
Question: So Harutora's memories came after the fight with Reiji do you mean in the middle of the fight or after?...Cuz Iam sure Harutora's ability without his memories isnt good enough to fight with him yet.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 18:57   Link #1613
Iron Maw
Banned

@Ougon, Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Ohh... UltraVX is such an expert here....
Question: So Harutora's memories came after the fight with Reiji do you mean in the middle of the fight or after?...Cuz Iam sure Harutora's ability without his memories isnt good enough to fight with him yet.
IIRC, he actually did pretty well in that fight despite Kagami probably being the stronger one at that point overall. Harutora also recalled some of his spells from his previous life there too, but he doesn't fully get his memories back until the very end of novel.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-08 at 21:18.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:10   Link #1614
Preciize
Them Feels~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Honestly the anime is going to answer all of these questions and more if just wait next week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
Volume 10 its just Harutora and his shikigami, as for what his end game is, its not said, some of his goals are hinted at but not directly said. As for how Harutora seperates from the others, or the happens in anime for the next episode, I wont be saying anything, just wait and watch, all I will say is that all the mc cast (Touji, Tenma, Suzuka, Kyoko, Natsume, Harutora) are all alive in Ln 10.
Heh, fair enough. I guess I could wait for a couple days. But I thought Harutora leaving and Natsume being revived wouldn't happen until the last episode of the series? Seems like a good way to end imo.
Old 2014-03-08, 19:13   Link #1615
Iron Maw
Banned

That does happen at the end of this season.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-09 at 11:00.
Old 2014-03-08, 22:10   Link #1616
Used Can

Funny, I think volume 11 will be coming out right after the anime ends.
Hopefully, that volume will bring plenty of material for us to talk and speculate about for a while.
Old 2014-03-08, 22:19   Link #1617
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Quote:
Heh, fair enough. I guess I could wait for a couple days. But I thought Harutora leaving and Natsume being revived wouldn't happen until the last episode of the series? Seems like a good way to end imo.
The best awesome way of ending an anime adaptation of a light novel series.

Too sad that we could only see YakoTora's cool demeanor and badassness at the last episode (which he already regained all of his memories). Still, hoping for the eyepatch part.

So, is it true that Harutora perform the Taizan Fukun first before fighting Kagami...or he fight Kagami first before the ritual???

It makes me quite confused, since I saw some fan art that YakoTora performing the Taizan Fukun while wearing the eyepatch.
Old 2014-03-08, 22:43   Link #1618
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Funny, I think volume 11 will be coming out right after the anime ends.
Hopefully, that volume will bring plenty of material for us to talk and speculate about for a while.
Indeed. I remember how much this thread exploded when vol 10 came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilch_Saber View Post
The best awesome way of ending an anime adaptation of a light novel series.

Too sad that we could only see YakoTora's cool demeanor and badassness at the last episode (which he already regained all of his memories). Still, hoping for the eyepatch part.

So, is it true that Harutora perform the Taizan Fukun first before fighting Kagami...or he fight Kagami first before the ritual???

It makes me quite confused, since I saw some fan art that YakoTora performing the Taizan Fukun while wearing the eyepatch.

It went something like this roughly:
Spoiler for general outline of the fight:

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-09 at 00:37.
Old 2014-03-08, 22:56   Link #1619
Used Can

Spoiler for Volume 9:
Old 2014-03-08, 23:19   Link #1620
Iron Maw
Banned

Ha! Your right.

I guess my hinged that you already knew that he gotten his memories at some after Kakgyouki arrived. Post edited.

Speaking of which, I wonder what's going to happen when everyone sees Harutora's face? Will Kagami have stay off streets as well as back alleys for the rest his life?

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-03-09 at 11:40.

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, harem, romance, supernatural