AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2014-07-26, 15:06   Link #1601
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Emerald kinda looks like Zessica from Aquarion Evol.

Just an observation
Old 2014-07-26, 20:21   Link #1602
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamn...this show looked FANTASTIC!

I've been looking forward to this all day. Most epic food fight EVER.
Old 2014-07-27, 09:16   Link #1603
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

It does seem that the guys are all getting the short shrift in the series so far. We know Jaune isn't as good as the others, but I would've expected Ren to do better. Yang beat on him like a drumstick. He really got the stuffing knocked out of him. And in what should be a family-friendly show, I thought it was inappropriate for Yang to be flipping Jaune the bird - TWICE! - like that. At least she wasn't using any fowl language.

Old 2014-07-27, 10:51   Link #1604
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loner View Post
It does seem that the guys are all getting the short shrift in the series so far. We know Jaune isn't as good as the others, but I would've expected Ren to do better. Yang beat on him like a drumstick. He really got the stuffing knocked out of him. And in what should be a family-friendly show, I thought it was inappropriate for Yang to be flipping Jaune the bird - TWICE! - like that. At least she wasn't using any fowl language.

You know, now that I think about it Blake and Pyrrha's fight was really......

...stale

...okay I'll stop now
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 10:53   Link #1605
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post

...stale

...okay I'll stop now
Yeah you'd butter stop yeast you want to annoy someone, in which case, carry on.

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 16:29   Link #1606
Twi

Yang and Nora had the most KOs during the food fight, with Yang taking out the boys and Nora taking out Weiss and Yang, because they're the heavy-hitters of the group. Jaune isn't very experienced, but Ren has low endurance from the looks of it.
Old 2014-07-27, 17:06   Link #1607
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Yang and Nora had the most KOs during the food fight, with Yang taking out the boys and Nora taking out Weiss and Yang, because they're the heavy-hitters of the group.
You seem to be forgetting Ruby in your KO count. She had four, and all at once.

Quote:
Jaune isn't very experienced, but Ren has low endurance from the looks of it.
On one hand, it's not surprising the Jaune was only able to get in one watermelon toss before getting knocked out (it was Yang, afterall), but, on the other hand, he has been shown to put up a good fight in previous episodes. Not that I mind, the less I see of him the better. He had more than his fair share of exposure in Volume 1.

Ren seems to rely more on his weapons, and does not seem to be an expert in hand-to-hand combat. Yang, on the other hand, is an expert (just ask the Junior and the girls), and it's no surprise that she was able to knock him out with that punch.

Quote:
Frankly, it seemed to me that Pyrrha's use of all those cans was a bit overboard and underhanded. I supposed getting hit in the head and knocked out by Ruby made her lose her sense of fair play.

Quote:
I think Emerald learned how to walk that way by watching Cinder .
I got the same impression while watching them both walk away: they both seemed to walk like they had something stuck somewhere it didn't belong. A broomstick came to mind. Very unnatural and not fan-servicey at all.
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 17:35   Link #1608
Loner
Lurking In the Darknes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Ren seems to rely more on his weapons, and does not seem to be an expert in hand-to-hand combat. Yang, on the other hand, is an expert (just ask the Junior and the girls), and it's no surprise that she was able to knock him out with that punch.
I'll have to disagree. The initiation fight of Ren vs the King Taijutsu showcased his unarmed combat ability pretty heavily. I'd attribute Ren's poor performance to either a) main character advantage or b) Monty's documented bias towards female characters in his fight scenes (SEE: Tex, Carolina, Dead Fantasy).

Quote:
Frankly, it seemed to me that Pyrrha's use of all those cans was a bit overboard and underhanded. I supposed getting hit in the head and knocked out by Ruby made her lose her sense of fair play.
All of them went overboard in that fight. In Pyrrha's case, it might be attributable to her getting caught up in the "heat of the battle" - you don't get to be a four-time district champion at anything without building up a "refuse to lose" mentality that will crop up when you're being pressured.

Quote:
I got the same impression while watching them both walk away: they both seemed to walk like they had something stuck somewhere it didn't belong. A broomstick came to mind. Very unnatural and not fan-servicey at all.
They showed in the Production Diaries that they were using motion capture for that scene, specifically for Cinder's walk. Might be just a case of how the mocap gets translated by Poser to the character.
Old 2014-07-27, 19:05   Link #1609
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I'll have to disagree. The initiation fight of Ren vs the King Taijutsu showcased his unarmed combat ability pretty heavily. I'd attribute Ren's poor performance to either a) main character advantage or b) Monty's documented bias towards female characters in his fight scenes (SEE: Tex, Carolina, Dead Fantasy).
Or maybe he just wasn't that into the whole thing. I was actually kind of surprised he bothered in the first place.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 19:18   Link #1610
bakato

Quote:
Fighting two giant snakes barehanded doesn't mean he'd be good against another fist fighter.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 19:26   Link #1611
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

3:24 RWBY dvd or merchandise was stolen!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-07-27, 21:54   Link #1612
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Or maybe he just wasn't that into the whole thing. I was actually kind of surprised he bothered in the first place.
He's like Vergil or Gilgamesh. He won't go all out unless he's motivated or the situation calls for it.
Old 2014-07-27, 22:18   Link #1613
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
He's like Vergil or Gilgamesh. He won't go all out unless he's motivated or the situation calls for it.
Or he's so used to Nora's shenanigans he just doesn't bother anymore.

That said; I'm surprised people are taking the food fight so seriously, I always thought it was meant to be rather light-hearted.

I mean if they all had their weapons then I would question the results but as it stands they were just going around doing regular food fight things on a more epic scale.
Old 2014-07-27, 22:29   Link #1614
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I still think RWBY won this one by default rather than by KO.

JNPR defaulted the moment Nora threw soda cans at Blake, and not to mention when Pyrrha used magic/whatever it's equivalent in that world.

RWBY winning in the end by KO was just instant karma

Old 2014-07-27, 23:27   Link #1615
Wandering Soul

I can't believe people are actually taking that fight seriously. Taking this seriously is like saying how since Goku can beat all sorts of strong opponents and during comical moments Chi Chi beats Goku that means Chi Chi must be stronger than Goku and is one of the strongest characters.
Old 2014-07-27, 23:34   Link #1616
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Regarding MY post, I'd be mad as hell as an 11 year old boy playing hide and seek and seeing someone cheat or something, despite it being a game, or something "not serious".

Old 2014-07-28, 00:10   Link #1617
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Or he's so used to Nora's shenanigans he just doesn't bother anymore.

That said; I'm surprised people are taking the food fight so seriously, I always thought it was meant to be rather light-hearted.

I mean if they all had their weapons then I would question the results but as it stands they were just going around doing regular food fight things on a more epic scale.
I know, but it's the thought that if the two teams had to fight and go all out that's making people speculate.
Old 2014-07-28, 04:15   Link #1618
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

It's not cheating. Blake used her Semblance on Pyrrha twice before she got taken down Semblance-less. I find it completely fair that Pyrrha would return the favor with her own brand of Semblance. Just because your favorite character got pummeled doesn't mean you can start accusing people of cheating.

Ren is not a good melee fighter. He has been shown to avoid melee combat at all cost against the King Tajitsu until he was forcefully pinned on the ground. That he broke the Grimm's fangs because of it was a stroke of luck that gave him confidence, and the Qi Strike is not usable on human beings unless he wants to kill them.

Yang is the worst matchup he could've fought out of all 4 members of Team RWBY, especially since he had decided to go close range - he doesn't seem to have experience fighting against someone who uses bare fists, and would've fared far better in case of weapon combat against either Blake, Weiss and even Ruby.
Old 2014-07-28, 06:47   Link #1619
Raviel

It's a real shame there weren't any pea pods for Ren to shoot with during the fight or a large slap of perfectly roasted pork ribs for Jaune to use as a shield along with a nice stale baguette for close range combat.
Old 2014-07-28, 11:19   Link #1620
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I can't believe people are actually taking that fight seriously. Taking this seriously is like saying how since Goku can beat all sorts of strong opponents and during comical moments Chi Chi beats Goku that means Chi Chi must be stronger than Goku and is one of the strongest characters.
Lol, that's the exact same gist that I got from this.

Then again, chichi is terrifying when she has a frying pan...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby