AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-03-12, 19:01   Link #1601
Tenzen12

Result is same, she doesn't need breath in vacuum on other hand we don't know whether her regeneration is immidete, or not as pain itself often precedese actual damage. Considering it level it probably cause that damage never happaned. Simply she has causality hax that doesn't allow any damage. Actual timeframe doesn't realy metter.
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 19:07   Link #1602
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Jinbei = near-instant death from freezing and suffocation, just like a mortal.
I would only disagree on Jinbei. He should last more than a mortal although not much. He still has an immortality considered superior than the just normal members of UQ Holder.
Old 2014-03-12, 19:12   Link #1603
Tenzen12

Not realy, Jinbei, can't even heal scar on his body. His immortality is mostly longetivity and reached his positon probably only by his fighting skills and seniority.
Old 2014-03-12, 20:08   Link #1604
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I would only disagree on Jinbei. He should last more than a mortal although not much. He still has an immortality considered superior than the just normal members of UQ Holder.
I would say he'd last longer than most mortals, if not all, or nearly all, but for the purposes of survivability on the Moon, he's just as "mortal" as you or I. If he'd shown the ability to use magic, that would be one thing, but even if he did, that's not inherent to his immortality.
Old 2014-03-12, 20:49   Link #1605
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I would say he'd last longer than most mortals, if not all, or nearly all, but for the purposes of survivability on the Moon, he's just as "mortal" as you or I. If he'd shown the ability to use magic, that would be one thing, but even if he did, that's not inherent to his immortality.
He does seems to be a user of Qi, and there is probably some way for you to reinforce you body to better resist an harsh environment. How much useful it would be in the moon... I don't know.
Old 2014-03-12, 21:24   Link #1606
Superbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
He does seems to be a user of Qi, and there is probably some way for you to reinforce you body to better resist an harsh environment. How much useful it would be in the moon... I don't know.
It was mentioned at the end of Negima that Kaede could travel through space with just her flesh and blood, so it is possible to survive using ki, or at least there are techniques for doing so.
Superbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 23:16   Link #1607
AstroNerdBoy

Karin is shown coughing after she lands. She doesn't think about suffocating, but rather about how Touta is going to version up to spank Nagumo like the bad person he is survive against Nagumo. I found that interesting because it suggested that Karin doesn't need to breathe, or humans have done something to the moon so that it is somewhat breathable there.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-12, 23:45   Link #1608
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
I found that interesting because it suggested that Karin doesn't need to breathe, or humans have done something to the moon so that it is somewhat breathable there.
Normally I would agree, but Karin's immortality is so powerful that I wouldn't be surprised if she could survive the moon's natural environment.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 06:09   Link #1609
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
Karin is shown coughing after she lands. She doesn't think about suffocating, but rather about how Touta is going to version up to spank Nagumo like the bad person he is survive against Nagumo. I found that interesting because it suggested that Karin doesn't need to breathe, or humans have done something to the moon so that it is somewhat breathable there.
She's probably just not breathing, and letting her invincibility tank the suffocation. If it were breathable, she wouldn't have said "I can't breathe".
Old 2014-03-13, 08:36   Link #1610
Zakoo

That raises so much question about the concept of immortality in general. It's like zombie, it's biologically impossible to move without breathing/having an hearthbeat.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-13, 10:09   Link #1611
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
That raises so much question about the concept of immortality in general. It's like zombie, it's biologically impossible to move without breathing/having an hearthbeat.
More like her reality warping immortality makes so as if her body is breathing. Just like it make so that even though she is stabbed there is no blood lost, there is no wound.

So she is feeling like she isn't breathing, just how she feels when she is stabbed. But on reality those are not happening / are being rewritten by her "curse".
Old 2014-03-13, 10:36   Link #1612
Tenzen12

That doesn't sound right. get stabed is something that happen, not brathing is somethinng that DOESN'T happen. Her curse make result of action never happened. Her survival in vacuum is result of her basic ability nulifi harm we clearly saw so far. It doesn't "remove" lack of oxygen, but it can make damage caused by it nonexistent.

Her curse doesn't create oxygen for her. It just that no breathing can't kill her.
Old 2014-03-13, 11:28   Link #1613
ta2666

Ergot he result of not breathing, hypoxia, doesn't happen maybe....
ta2666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 10:16   Link #1614
amtro
Distro

What's the point in posting spoilers without actually spoiling something?
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-15, 10:46   Link #1615
Tranhieu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That doesn't sound right. get stabed is something that happen, not brathing is somethinng that DOESN'T happen. Her curse make result of action never happened. Her survival in vacuum is result of her basic ability nulifi harm we clearly saw so far. It doesn't "remove" lack of oxygen, but it can make damage caused by it nonexistent.

Her curse doesn't create oxygen for her. It just that no breathing can't kill her.
Now this reminds me of 3x3, the arc where Yakumo has to travel to the void space to look for the 3rd Sanjiyan. Being an immortal doesn't make him resistant to the lack of oxygen, it only prevent him from dying from suffocation. Still, his body take just as much damage, both physically and mentally.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 04:34   Link #1616
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Lots of nasty things happen to a human body under surface of the moon conditions. The air in your body cavities expands as much as your flesh will let it, collapsing your lungs and causing immense pain. Blood vessels in exposed parts of your body (skin, eyes, nose, etc.) expand and rupture. Your brain and other organs start to die from loss of oxygen. The intense cold freezes your skin and bodily fluids (and eventually internal organs) even as the UV rays (and worse) in the unfiltered sunlight start to cook your skin cells, giving you one hell of a sunburn.

All of this happens to Karin, only it doesn't, due to her immortality, so she's not actually injured. She should still feel every bit of it, though, which ironically makes it worse for her, as a mortal would have mercifully passed out within a few seconds at most.
Old 2014-03-16, 04:37   Link #1617
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Here comes EVA!
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 04:53   Link #1618
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

How many corpses are going to be collected after Eva stepped into the battle is my concern?

Anyway, as the original creator of Magia Erebia, she must have sensed it from UQ headquarters.

I remember that she can instantly freeze anything, that is.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 06:00   Link #1619
chaosprophet

Wow this chapter
Spoiler for ch 27:

Last edited by chaosprophet; 2014-03-16 at 06:28.
chaosprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-16, 06:35   Link #1620
amtro
Distro

Nagi, Negi and Touta on the cover. Check and mate, Touta detractors. There is no denying that Touta is related to them now. Negi would be explicable without dragging familial relations into this, but Nagi? Good luck trying to convince others that Touta isn't their descendant now.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love