Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-26, 21:41   Link #1601
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
MFbooks blocks foreign IP (> <)
Spoiler for Vol 4:
where do you live??? i can access MF website just as normal.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 23:16   Link #1602
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
where do you live??? i can access MF website just as normal.
eh? then it's just me!? (> <)

My location is in Indonesia~
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 23:24   Link #1603
Kerfirou

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
eh? then it's just me!? (> <)

My location is in Indonesia~
Ah, I can't either.

I'm in Indonesia too.

Damnit, Proxying it doesn't work, huh.
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-26, 23:38   Link #1604
deathcoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
Sad part is some magic doesn't translate to anime.. I think Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei disappointed a lot of audience because it's not as flashy as people expect. The overload of flashiness in SAO anime desensitized audience. Sigh.
Did translator give permission to mirror to B-T?
I believe mahouka anime did accurately reflect magic from the novel. From the descriptions in the novel, it's plain to see that the magic utilised were majority plain or unseen, no eye candy. I guess people are too used to mainstream magic depiction(Fireball, Iceshard, Lightning Strike, Earth Spike etc) they forgot magic in Mahouka is a different kind of magic, its scientific magic. It is as you mentioned, I'm more disappointed with how the fans miss read the novel. They visualise the novel all totally wrong.
deathcoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:06   Link #1605
iceaco

Dedoldia or Dedorudia lol new variation? XD as usual won't touch this for now
Seriously these authors need their own Names and Terminology page.. at least say what English word they're trying to derive the kana from..

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:13   Link #1606
Skuizaan

It's up. Next part likely within 24 hours.

Also, It's kinda ugly. If there are any contextual problems while you editors fix bad grammar and punctuation, please leave me a message in PM here or on the chapter's talk page and i'll do my best to help clarify anything I might not have done a good enough job on.
Skuizaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:31   Link #1607
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Why is ギレーヌ became Ghyslaine? Anyone can explain that to me?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:52   Link #1608
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Why is ギレーヌ became Ghyslaine? Anyone can explain that to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
When it comes to fictional names, there is "little to do about it" unless the name is pretty much connected to an existing name. Of course we can't go dreaming about the author providing actual english letters for every name, since easily 70% ~ 80% of the authors don't do that (and when they do, they usually mess up the pronunciation from volume to volume ).

- For example for Rilya is an actiual name, so that's the one I use for Paul's second wife. I love her, so when I have to speak about someone, she goes first

- Zenith is a no brainer. It makes no sense as a name (though I think it exists in reality), but ゼニス so there is no mistake. You might argue that it's Zenisu (a japanese brand of something), but since she their background is more or less "european like" a japanese like name is out of place (specially since later is revealed that japanese features don't exist in that world, even basic stuff like the black hair).

- As someone pointed before, the lead's name is probably actually Ludeus, however since Rudy and Rudeus are so widespread, changing it can be pretty much a crime. As people have mentioned "Bog" fits better than "Quagmire" (which sounds cooler).

- For Rudy's dad, it's a very interesting topic. It should be Paulo instead of Paul, reason being that while both names "mean the same technically", the raw text goes for the latin-american spelling of the name instead of the english one (I related that to the "latin lover" stereotype). It should be noted that when he gets screamed at, the O at the end of the name is pretty obvious.

- Aisha and Norm are existing names (though it's probably Norns or Norms, named after a goddess). The same goes for Lala and Lucy.

- Roxy's name is a given. The last name is anything that we want it to be

- Sylphy and Sylphiette are pretty much on spot, I guess. Though I think there is still some instances on the translated text where she is miss-labeled as Sylphy Ette (name + last name), which shouldn't be the case as I think that her maiden last name was never revealed.

- The house dog, Leo is a no brainer, named after a lion. For the house's armadillo, Jirou is probably Jirou since he was named by Rudeus (who the hell is Gineau? no thank you). For the house's cat Linea & Linear are up for grabs, the two of them are pretty much used as name, and the two of them are pretty odd.

- Tribe last names seem to be 100% made up, so we can argue whatever and not being wrong.

- Sylphy's dad is an interesting case. It could be Rolls (but he isn't sushi ) I like Rawls, which was used on the early summaries.

- Ellis and Phillip are existing names, so that's that. I haven't been confident with the grandfather's name, though. Probably Sauros since it's derivated from Saurus? Oh, and it's "Mad Sword King" and not "Mad Dog King". Ellis would be Eris if we take a greek root (which means strife and would give a beautiful reference), but there is nothing to point out that we should do that.

- I like Girenu, but it's probably Ghyslaine (which I actually can't type and I'm copy-pasting ).

- I got used to Rijierudo, but since seems to be 100% made up, it can't be whaterver we want. Jaryll is an actual name, Vezquel is the closest interpretation to an actual name (Vizquel), of course I'm looking at the kana to say this.

- Zanoba and Cliff are pretty much accepted.

- Pergius sounds cool.

- Orsted was already confirmed, probably the only name so far. I like Hitogami better than human god, then again I also like Ryujin instead of dragon god, but nobody is using that

- Nina and Gino are existing names, it's probably Nina Firion (it might be Phirion instead, though), Gino Blitz laves pretty much no choice. I'm not confident on the sword gods

- Ovell is an actual last name (the north emperor guy).

..... And that's like, not even a 1/4 of the cast
there you go~ and searching ギレーヌ on the google result in Ghyslaine which is a real name~
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:56   Link #1609
Kaito Yamakage

BTW Skuizaan I just wanted to mention this on the Mana Calamity note, but the author refers to the teleport incident with at least 3-5 different ways.

Including: teni jiken, maryoku tensai, maryoku saigai

I can't remember the others but I'm pretty sure there was at least one other. The most common one later is teni jiken or teleport incident/metastasis event if you want to be all scientific-like. XP

It's not really an incorrect way of referring it just the author switches them around as he pleases so they are all in fact intended to be different. The author fun part of this series is that you never know if he is using the same uniform words when they're being translated.

Hito jin, hito shin, hitogami, jinshin, were there any others? I think there were at least 4 ways he wrote human god as well...
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 01:57   Link #1610
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I see.. katakana is always some weird sht D:

I always read Ghyslaine as gis-lein but maybe the right pronunciation is that way

Old 2014-07-27, 02:42   Link #1611
Skuizaan

I know it changes all over the place from vol12-vol13 cause of the circumstances involving the trip to begaritto and the business with the labyrinth.
This chapter was all Teni Jiken. But I mean, when trying to keep story cohesion just a little, things like this make it difficult.

>.>

God bless the editors. Real heroes for having to deal with this confusion.

So all that's left is for you kids to drop 5,6,11 and me to drop 6 and we've cleared almost 5 novels in under a month. That's crazy for just a simple BT project. 6 novels if you count the effort with wolfie just doing v3 for the sake of it.

Also what's the story with the v8 side story? Wasn't there another fellow who was working on it?
Old 2014-07-27, 03:02   Link #1612
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuizaan View Post
I know it changes all over the place from vol12-vol13 cause of the circumstances involving the trip to begaritto and the business with the labyrinth.
This chapter was all Teni Jiken. But I mean, when trying to keep story cohesion just a little, things like this make it difficult.

>.>

God bless the editors. Real heroes for having to deal with this confusion.

So all that's left is for you kids to drop 5,6,11 and me to drop 6 and we've cleared almost 5 novels in under a month. That's crazy for just a simple BT project. 6 novels if you count the effort with wolfie just doing v3 for the sake of it.

Also what's the story with the v8 side story? Wasn't there another fellow who was working on it?
I should have 11 done by today, I'd imagine Vanant is mostly through 6 and editing 5 as well, so we'll probably see those up by today/tomorrow as well.

Good speed is good. I'd keep going at this rate if I had the time. The last chapters I want to do for a while are in volume 9 though...

It seems Vanant is stopping at 8 as well, so if you plan to keep working them you might want to start at chapter 2-3 in volume 9.

Someone was working on the volume 8SS but I'm not sure where they went...
Old 2014-07-27, 03:13   Link #1613
Skuizaan

Alrighty, vol.9 it is then. I'll hold off on registering anything else until I finish 7.6. That way I don't end up clogging the flow like I did greedily with v7.

Works for me. I'm going to try and remain a dedicated TL for this project as long as I can. Even if I go slow sometimes. I just wish I had more free time to dedicate to this project.
Old 2014-07-27, 05:21   Link #1614
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skuizaan View Post
Alrighty, vol.9 it is then. I'll hold off on registering anything else until I finish 7.6. That way I don't end up clogging the flow like I did greedily with v7.

Works for me. I'm going to try and remain a dedicated TL for this project as long as I can. Even if I go slow sometimes. I just wish I had more free time to dedicate to this project.
want to share the works with me?, originally after finishing high tier volume, I want to jump to the lower tier volume[under 12].

now I planned to re-do vol 16 - 18, after I'm done with vol 19.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 06:15   Link #1615
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

^
Just want to make sure, are you the one who did vol 18? The one who translated chapter 2 of that and translate this
Quote:
「腕を上げたな狂犬よ! 今回は失礼させてもらう! また相見えよう!」
Into
Quote:
"I mad dog Na raised his arm! Let Mieyo phases also! Let me be rude this time!"
?

I think you need to redo vol 18 first before getting into lower tier volume. I'd suggest using rikai-chan or other dictionary other than GT so that weird sentence like this won't ever appear again.

Speaking of which, the first chapter of vol 18 and 19 was pretty great and readable so I have confidence that you'll be able to fix it later.

Old 2014-07-27, 06:22   Link #1616
Tifaret

I thought those chapters are Bing/Google translated then got some editing/proofing to be easier to read, not actually translated by translators.
Tifaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-27, 06:46   Link #1617
En do
Waiting~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
Hito jin, hito shin, hitogami, jinshin, were there any others? I think there were at least 4 ways he wrote human god as well...
Didn't someone said the author wrote that the kanji read as jinshin when he was asked by a fan?
Old 2014-07-27, 06:56   Link #1618
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
^
Just want to make sure, are you the one who did vol 18? The one who translated chapter 2 of that and translate this

Into

?

I think you need to redo vol 18 first before getting into lower tier volume. I'd suggest using rikai-chan or other dictionary other than GT so that weird sentence like this won't ever appear again.

Speaking of which, the first chapter of vol 18 and 19 was pretty great and readable so I have confidence that you'll be able to fix it later.
sorry for that bad translation, after finishing vol 19 I will re-do vol 16-18.
Old 2014-07-27, 07:36   Link #1619
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by En do View Post
Didn't someone said the author wrote that the kanji read as jinshin when he was asked by a fan?
I can't read kana or kanji in the first place, but the way it comes out when it's converted to romaji has at least 4 different ways of being written.

Pretty much all of them are spaced other than Hitogami, the Hitogami one is referred to almost as if it's a name in context, whereas the others all give off the feel of "Human God". (Hitogami means it as well though just the same.)

The line when Orsted mentions it himself he says something like "have you ever heard of such words as, hito shin, hitogami." (Could also be taken as Human Divinity)

So, we end up with the current state of "Human God, Hitogami."

I haven't read all of the blog, so the author might have mentioned more on the characters there, but it's used different all throughout the story.
Old 2014-07-27, 07:47   Link #1620
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
I can't read kana or kanji in the first place, but the way it comes out when it's converted to romaji has at least 4 different ways of being written.

Pretty much all of them are spaced other than Hitogami, the Hitogami one is referred to almost as if it's a name in context, whereas the others all give off the feel of "Human God". (Hitogami means it as well though just the same.)

The line when Orsted mentions it himself he says something like "have you ever heard of such words as, hito shin, hitogami." (Could also be taken as Human Divinity)

So, we end up with the current state of "Human God, Hitogami."

I haven't read all of the blog, so the author might have mentioned more on the characters there, but it's used different all throughout the story.
I have a software which could read almost all kanji, want me to pm it?

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel