AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-07, 02:04   Link #1601
Death Usagi
Banned

I am guessing Slaine will be the "unstoppable monster" kind of character?

Like he thinks he is righteous but the way he does it is all wrong due to sacrifices, death and war?
Old 2014-10-07, 02:04   Link #1602
Marsala
Delurker

Yeah, Slaine has always been one of the main characters and the other one can't have his cour 2 appearance revealed yet without it being a big spoiler. I wouldn't expect to see it for at least another couple of months.

Slaine is drawn pretty deeply in the darkness, though. Considering that this is a show where "taking off the gloves" was used as symbolism, I would expect the shadows swallowing Slaine to be important, too.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:10   Link #1603
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Shin Asuka
Yagami Light
Can you really count Shinn? He didn't start off as a villian, and actually he was really just very, very misguided. He was supposed to be the MC, before Kira reclaimed the title back. After that, Shinn wasn't going to just become a supporting character in the background, so, he became an antagonist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsala View Post
Yeah, Slaine has always been one of the main characters and the other one can't have his cour 2 appearance revealed yet without it being a big spoiler. I wouldn't expect to see it for at least another couple of months.

Slaine is drawn pretty deeply in the darkness, though. Considering that this is a show where "taking off the gloves" was used as symbolism, I would expect the shadows swallowing Slaine to be important, too.
They are doing the posters promos once a month leading up to January. The first came out today (10/7/2014). The next will come out November 6th, and then the third on December 1st.

Vs/022 2014.10.7—8 at Shinjyuku, Tokyo
Vs/022 + Tx/022 2014.10.25— Shops all over Japan
Vs/023 2014.11.6—7 at Shinjyuku, Tokyo
Vs/023 + Tx/023 2014.11.22— Shops all over Japan
Vs/024 2014.12.1—4 at Shinjyuku, Tokyo
Vs/024 + Tx/024 2014.12.13— Shops all over Japan

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-10-07, 02:11   Link #1604
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
They are doing the posters promos once a month leading up to January. The first will came out today (10/7/2014). The next will come out November 6th, and then the third on December 1st.

The next two will probably be Asseylum and then Inaho, or both of them will remain hidden completely and it will be mechs or side characters.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:18   Link #1605
Death Usagi
Banned

Yeah, I doubt they will spoil things using posters. I am sure things will be saved for last.
Old 2014-10-07, 02:21   Link #1606
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Knights can't activate drives that weren't given/assigned to them by the Emperor. It's in episode 8 of why Cruhteo figures out Asseylum lives, because nobody else could activate the drive of a dead person which is exactly what Slaine could do (and Saazbaum repeats it before he tries to shoot down the Deucalion). However, I don't think he has a clue of what he can do or what he can't do or how he controls it, he just seemly turned it on because he was thinking about it. He didn't even realize what he did and the promotion has him shooting a meaningful glance at his hands. So I bet he'll spend some time "Aldnoah training."
The people Cruhteo was referring to in episode 8 were the Vers people sent to Earth for whatever reason (spying?), not the knights that had just landed, who would have no reason to be with the Earthlings. So none of them would have been able to activate it. That's how he figures that it was Asseylum who activated it.

Similarly, what Saazbaum says in episode 11 is him using logic to determine how the drive could have been reactivated. He knew that Orlane was dead, that Asseylum was alive, and that she was the only one with an activation factor whose whereabouts he wasn't clear on.

So I have to agree with Irenesharda:

Quote:
You have to listen to everything in context with everything else in the show. The only people who can turn on the drive would be knights or the royal family. According to both background info and Cruhteo's own words, none of the knights have "officially" come to Earth. So, no one on Earth should have been able to turn on the drive with Orlane dead (if Orlane was alive and captured, then they could have made her turn it on for them).

However, once it was revealed that the princess was alive and with the Terrans, she was the only one who was an ally to the Earth that could have turned it on. Any of the other knights could do it, but none of them would have done so since Terrans are beneath them and they are either loyal to Saazbaum, or loyal to Vers royals.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2014-10-07, 02:23   Link #1607
Irenesharda

Well, it makes sense, no matter how much we like Asseylum or Inaho, Slaine has really always been the face of this show. He's pretty much 85% of of the advertisement art.

Also, is "Where there's a will, there's a way." a new slogan that I missed? Is that Slaine's new motto? A new tagline, along with the "heavens fall" one?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2014-10-07, 02:26   Link #1608
Thess

Quote:
Shin Asuka
Shinn wasn't a villain. He was just outshone by Kira because Kira was too popular, so he replaced him in the end.

Quote:
Yagami Light
He was the protagonist of his manga since the beginning.

Quote:
Blatantly false, because after Asseylum's two fake deaths, she was immediately revealed alive in magazines or she featured in magazine art. It's not really necessary to keep things from "spoilers" when they have been given those out before, hmm? It doesn't mean they are dead, but I wouldn't bet on their "uncertain survival and spoilers" as why there's a focus on Slaine. Those promotions can be scenes that happened in the past or not as starting point, you know? Like the ones in the first half. What's more important is the order of revelation, to me.

Quote:
I think it's to give emphasis to his connection to Aldnoah. With the gloves off he can turn on the drive and he's in the pit with the Tharsis while having his own Skycarrier pilot which was a contrast to his first promotional image:

At the upper part rather than the bottom, readying himself (with the gloves that conceal his potential) to fly a Knight. It's how far he has become when he reversed the positions.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2014-10-07, 03:33   Link #1609
Key Board
Carbon

I guess we are arguing about semantics by now, but my point is they you can be the both the protagonist and the villain as examples I shown above

Light WAS the protagonist. But he was also clearly the someone that was meant to be put down at the end by the another main character. So was Shin Asuka. Let's throw in Anakin for the Star Wars prequels as well.

So call it what you want. Pretty sure there's several names for it..
Villain protagonist
Byronic hero
the fall guy
..ect

The point is that defeat could very well be the end destination of his journey.
At this point I'm pretty certain it will happen I'm just speculating whether his own defeat is part of his own plan (thus making this a bittersweet martyr ending) or will it be played tragically (let justice be down though the heavens fall)
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2014-10-07 at 03:43.
Old 2014-10-07, 06:21   Link #1610
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Slaine looks more badass i might like him more next season as long as the Terran side is still relevant in the story i more interested in their side I want to know what happens to inaho damn it TwT. I would like a Slaine vs Inaho fight but Inaho might be dead. I want Slaine to go down Anti-hero route I mean he could twist Asseylum dream like she wanted peace between Earth and Mars and Slaine will grant peace by killing all the terrans and let the martians takeover earth. Kind of like I-elf did his love intreast wanted peace between her people and earth and L-elf granted by that I mean he let her race be put the stake.
Old 2014-10-07, 07:20   Link #1611
nooneagain

Idk man, as of now, the idea of slaine being antagonist doesn't appeal to me..but I wonder who'll replace saaz as the villain if he did diededed, there's a little possibility that slaine would follow his footstep, but I think it's too small. My guess is someone from royal family.
Old 2014-10-07, 07:32   Link #1612
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooneagain View Post
Idk man, as of now, the idea of slaine being antagonist doesn't appeal to me..but I wonder who'll replace saaz as the villain if he did diededed, there's a little possibility that slaine would follow his footstep, but I think it's too small. My guess is someone from royal family.
The martians are still invading Earth if the haven't already taken it over, the rest of the Orbital Knights are still alive and they still need to change Mars society for the better. The enemy in this case would probably be the emperor who represents all that is wrong with the Martian society, or perhaps any other orbital knight who acts not for the betterment of their society.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:17   Link #1613
Raviel

Quote:

They are doing the posters promos once a month leading up to January. The first came out today (10/7/2014). The next will come out November 6th, and then the third on December 1st.

I get the feeling the next promo poster is going to be Rayet if only because she seems to be the only other character they can promote without spoiling the series. I mean Inaho and Asseylum are completely out of the question imo.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:37   Link #1614
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
I get the feeling the next promo poster is going to be Rayet if only because she seems to be the only other character they can promote without spoiling the series. I mean Inaho and Asseylum are completely out of the question imo.
Don't think that they'll care too much after all they recently had Asseylum appear on a magazine cover.
Old 2014-10-07, 08:42   Link #1615
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Depends how they're actually going to do the promotion. They could run a promotion of scenes that they know people want to see, but would never actually happen in the show. Though there is that problem in that hyping a dead character doesn't work very well if they plan to keep them dead
Old 2014-10-07, 08:49   Link #1616
Sixth
Hu Tao

My prediction for Episode 1 of Aldnoah Season 2.

Quote:
Inaho is alive but coma in hospital

Emotionless Asseylum was seem locked in special room by Slaine.

Slaine tells the princess that he will fulfill Asseylum's dream by changing the system from inside. He will be the No.1 Orbital Knight and bring peace to the Terran and Mars!

As usual, Martian of the week, generic kat who use blue flame raids into Terran's base. Calm was like" GUYS, WHAT WAS THAT THING THAT MOVING IN 300KMPH SPEED?" AND boom!

Marito and other useless Terran trying to fight the generic kat and only to get owned by Martian. Generic Terran's reaction: IT IS OVER..WE ARE GONNA TO DIE!!!"

Crying Asseylum was forced to watch the entire carnage on a tv in her room.

When all hope was consumed by a blue flame..when Yuki-neechan was about to get killed, that martian generic kat was hit by....an Orange Kat...from behind.

*Devil Created theme start playing at background*

Generic Mars: Oh? More trashes to dispose..
Inaho: I'd would like to ask you a question before you dispose me.

Generic Mars: What are you inferior Terran scum trying to say...?

Inaho: If being powerless is evil, is having power justice? Is revenge evil? Can friendship coexist with justice?

Generic Mars: There is neither evil nor justice. All that remains for the bait is death.

Inaho: I see. Then the same shall remain for you. The I shall see all of you DIE!

Generic Mars: What? Don't tell m-*got cut by Orange Kat's combat knife*

Inaho: Ever since the day, something felt wrong in my heart. My fake life was out of place. My time was shifted. Like a stray dog lost its master and purpose. But the truth continued to seek me. Exactly, it wasn't I was a fault..It was Martians. *Generic mars kat exploded*

The world will change. I can change it...For I am, Inaho, the soldier of the Terran, who will destroy all Martians and bring peace to the Terran!

*screen fades black*

In Asseylum's room.
Slain*trembling*: He's..alive?
Asseylum: I-I-I-Inaho-san *crying with joy*

*episode 1 ended*

Cookies for those who got the reference.
Old 2014-10-07, 09:38   Link #1617
Mikethemaster

Location: Celebrating that Naruhina is cannon! :D Oh were I live Evansville Indiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

That sound epic to me but i think Inaho is either dead hope not or hes in a coma
Old 2014-10-07, 09:47   Link #1618
leelee85

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethemaster View Post
That sound epic to me but i think Inaho is either dead hope not or hes in a coma
Yeah but what about the Princess Though Dog?
Old 2014-10-07, 09:49   Link #1619
Fjoergyn

This is now Slaine free of its confinement

I expect Rayet would take up heroine mantle
Old 2014-10-07, 09:59   Link #1620
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post

Images
Lelouch
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Closed Thread