AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Re:Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-06-06, 12:03   Link #1601
The One Above God
Kamijou

Wow, Elsa looks so kind in one of those fanarts...almost scary even. Anyway, isn't Subaru ridiculously strong this episode? He threw Ram a good distance and was even able to support both of their weights while falling down a cliff with a sword.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
Old 2016-06-06, 12:16   Link #1602
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Anyway, isn't Subaru ridiculously strong this episode? He threw Ram a good distance and was even able to support both of their weights while falling down a cliff with a sword.
As already stated multiple times before thats nothing beyond average individual who trains every day.

Subaru is said to be able to have a grip of 70 kilos in first few episodes.

Holding on to the sword would hurt as hell but its more about stamina than strength - he was not strong enough to pull up from it after all.

The throwing part as already said before is mere physics. He swung her around before throwing. Same principle as shot-put, hammer throw, ball throw or any kind of throwing sports. Physics handles the actual throw. All Subaru needed to do was be able to swing her a round a bit.
Old 2016-06-06, 13:03   Link #1603
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I said Satella removed Pink's horn not as a spoiler from outside of this anime (if that was why it was removed) but from what the latest episode suggested. (I did want to get some spoilers but I'm too lazy to read.)

Blue's resentment and anger toward the witch/scent due to some terrible thing she did to Pink and the flashback of Pink with Emilia/Satella silhouette implied so. And I'm not fond of the twins so I don't see it as a bad thing or anything.
Old 2016-06-06, 14:21   Link #1604
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

There's absolutely nothing in episode to suggest that. If anything the short flash we see from the past might as well indicate that Rem removed Ram's horn since we see one standing in front of the other kneeling and then horn flying up in the air.

Its not enough info to speculate, let alone to believe Satella herself did something.
Old 2016-06-06, 16:05   Link #1605
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

According to the fairy tale scene, she is hinting she broke off her own horn, perhaps as punishment.
Old 2016-06-06, 16:48   Link #1606
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
According to the fairy tale scene, she is hinting she broke off her own horn, perhaps as punishment.
That's how I understood it.

I wonder if once broken off it can be attached on another oni?
Old 2016-06-06, 17:03   Link #1607
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I find it funny that tons of people seem to attribute some kind of super strength to him even though people irl can do those kinds of things.
Old 2016-06-06, 17:09   Link #1608
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I imagine the horn scenario has something to do with the red/blue Ogre folk tale Subaru told a few eps ago, since he was told by Ram not to repeat it to Rem when he was learning to read.

Old 2016-06-06, 19:58   Link #1609
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Blaming every sin and crime on a single person is just silly.
I agree but unfortunately Satella "lost" the war and is the origin of all curses now.
Old 2016-06-07, 09:14   Link #1610
Animeblue

For those who care, here the next two big episodes(staff wise)
Re: Zero#11 Staff:
Episode Director/Storyboard: Daigo Yamagishi
Animation Supervisor: Tarō Ikegami & Tatsuya Koyanagi

Re: Zero#14 Staff:
Episode Director/Storyboard: Kazuyoshi Yaginuma
Animation Supervisor: Kyūta Sakai
Old 2016-06-07, 18:25   Link #1611
SeaDoor

At some point Subaru really needs to develop some offensive capabilities of his own. Either learn how to use a sword or/and learn how to use that shadow stuff. Right now his bravado results in others having to bail him out.
Old 2016-06-07, 18:56   Link #1612
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Above God View Post
Wow, Elsa looks so kind in one of those fanarts...almost scary even. Anyway, isn't Subaru ridiculously strong this episode? He threw Ram a good distance and was even able to support both of their weights while falling down a cliff with a sword.
The throwing is feasible, although the sword anchoring is a bit of a stretch (the physics of it is just unrealistic). I don't think it means anything though, just a rule of cool thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I find it funny that tons of people seem to attribute some kind of super strength to him even though people irl can do those kinds of things.
I don't know where these snide remarks get you. It's just speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
At some point Subaru really needs to develop some offensive capabilities of his own. Either learn how to use a sword or/and learn how to use that shadow stuff. Right now his bravado results in others having to bail him out.
To be fair, he's also bailed himself out with wits and an above average combat abilities. But yeah, he would definitely have more tricks to use if he can seriously sit down and take some magic lessons from Puck.
Old 2016-06-08, 07:18   Link #1613
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

As a reminder: please keep all source spoilers out of this thread! That also includes the popularity polls that feature characters that haven't been properly introduced by the anime.

Thank you.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2016-06-08 at 07:30. Reason: word choice
Old 2016-06-08, 09:50   Link #1614
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I don't know where these snide remarks get you. It's just speculation.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by snide.

Also, speculation usually comes from somewhere. Like something unusual happening that hasn't been explained yet.

It's like when I hammer a nail to a wall, and someone is telling people I'm using telekinesis to move the nail further into the wall at the same time as my hammer swings, even though I'm clearly using a hammer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDoor View Post
You don't think it's cool that a guy who has no special powers whatsoever is using his wits as well as knowledge of the future to save the day? Not to mention his 'having to be bailed out' is an opportunity for supporting characters to be useful. I mean, if you want a main character who solves everything by himself with no help at all, there's always SAO.
Old 2016-06-08, 10:55   Link #1615
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You don't think it's cool that a guy who has no special powers whatsoever is using his wits as well as knowledge of the future to save the day? Not to mention his 'having to be bailed out' is an opportunity for supporting characters to be useful. I mean, if you want a main character who solves everything by himself with no help at all, there's always SAO.
At some point, he needs to solve it without relying on his bailout. It gets pretty boring to have the MC die in every episode.
Old 2016-06-08, 11:09   Link #1616
Incest Emblem
Onii-sama!

It seems to me that the entire point of Subaru is that he lacks special powers other than his return by death ability and--as we see from this episode--exuding the scent of the witch (his physical strength is well above what is likely for a human, but not to the point of a superpower).

Giving Subaru super powers would change the premise of Re: Zero significantly. It is up to you what you prefer, but be aware that the author made a specific choice of approach that he is unlikely to alter. Criticizing him for his choice as if it is incorrect misses the point entirely--much like the posts that describe Re: Zero as a "proper" mystery and uses that to place it above Erased (Erased is a human drama set against the backdrop of a mystery, not a mystery genre fiction).
Old 2016-06-08, 11:23   Link #1617
Chichiryuushintei

Yeah, Subaru not being that strong is one of the things I like in this show up to now. Although I wouldn't mind if he learned some of that "debuff"-type magic that Puck talked about, it could make him a decent support IMO.
Old 2016-06-08, 11:40   Link #1618
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
At some point, he needs to solve it without relying on his bailout. It gets pretty boring to have the MC die in every episode.
That's kind of funny, considering this is a story about an MC who dies almost every episode.
Old 2016-06-08, 12:04   Link #1619
RDNexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
If you're seriously expecting that... I suggest you to not get much hopes up.
Old 2016-06-08, 14:22   Link #1620
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

It's thanks to that ability that Subaru can make use of what he learned before dying on the next try, and either collect more information or try to solve it the best way he can.

Still, I would like to see some more of Subaru's backstory. All we know is that he was a borderline shut-in otaku, but also worked out, so he had something planned before getting transported to another world.

Tags
drama, fantasy