AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-02-17, 23:16   Link #1601
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I thought early on that the open hanger may have been the Astaroth's, but looking at the Seven Stars family names, the Warren Family apparently wasn't one of the Seven Stars.
The Warren family is a "disgraced" former member of the 7Stars, so it makes sense that they got removed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Er. Hang on.

That isn't the Baklavan Family's Gundam vault at all. That sigil is the eagle, which is actually:

Rustal's sigil.
Huh......(can someone bite a bullet for us and go back to every single 7Star meeting and try to confirm the various crests and to which family they belong?)

Now thats out of the way I think its quite safe to assume we are gonna see one more new Gundam frame before the end of this show, cant wait

And it also occurs to me that Iok seems to have completely forgotten his Gundam, or Rustal had the foresight/smarts to not take it out in fear of Iok going out and causing more headaches for him lol
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-17, 23:49   Link #1602
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
The Warren family is a "disgraced" former member of the 7Stars, so it makes sense that they got removed

Huh......(can someone bite a bullet for us and go back to every single 7Star meeting and try to confirm the various crests and to which family they belong?)
It's difficult because it seems that the flags aren't always arranged behind their family seats. Like, I looked back at episode 8, and in that, the flags sit between each seat -- Rustal's Vedrfolnir sigil is between him and Baklavan, and then Iok's Jormungandr is between Rustal and Iok, and then Huginn and Muginn are at the far end, to one side of Iok's seat.

This is McGillis' flag in the same scene:

So the Fareed family has Fenris.

The Issue family has Ratatoskr, the Falk family has Nidhoggr, the Bauduins have Sleipnir (and their Gundam is the same colour as their flag, so that might well be true of all of them -- which is important, because it means that if we ever do see either Iok's or Rustal's Gundam, then that will solve a mystery).

Which leaves Vedrfolnir, Huginn and Muginn, and Jormungandr. The problem sigils.

The picture I posted before has Vedrfolnir as Rustal's sigil and Jormungandr as Iok's, really clearly -- but going back through other episodes, sometimes Baklavan is in front of Vedrfolnir. Sometimes Vedrfolnir is situated between Rustal and Baklavan and not behind either of them, with Jormungandr then between Rustal and Iok.

(On the subject of Gundams, the Kimaris has horse-like qualities to it, mirroring Sleipnir -- which makes it entirely possible, although not remotely confirmed, that the Fareed Gundam is actually Flauros, which transforms into a vaguely lupine/dog-like form.)

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 03:21   Link #1603
Skye629

Quote:
It's difficult because it seems that the flags aren't always arranged behind their family seats. Like, I looked back at episode 8, and in that, the flags sit between each seat -- Rustal's Vedrfolnir sigil is between him and Baklavan, and then Iok's Jormungandr is between Rustal and Iok, and then Huginn and Muginn are at the far end, to one side of Iok's seat.

This is McGillis' flag in the same scene:

So the Fareed family has Fenris.

The Issue family has Ratatoskr, the Falk family has Nidhoggr, the Bauduins have Sleipnir (and their Gundam is the same colour as their flag, so that might well be true of all of them -- which is important, because it means that if we ever do see either Iok's or Rustal's Gundam, then that will solve a mystery)

Which leaves Vedrfolnir, Huginn and Muginn, and Jormungandr. The problem sigils.

The picture I posted before has Vedrfolnir as Rustal's sigil and Jormungandr as Iok's, really clearly -- but going back through other episodes, sometimes Baklavan is in front of Vedrfolnir. Sometimes Vedrfolnir is situated between Rustal and Baklavan and not behind either of them, with Jormungandr then between Rustal and Iok.

(On the subject of Gundams, the Kimaris has horse-like qualities to it, mirroring Sleipnir -- which makes it entirely possible, although not remotely confirmed, that the Fareed Gundam is actually Flauros, which transforms into a vaguely lupine/dog-like form.)
Guess were gonna have to wait to see the Gundams themselves (or other credible soures/images) then since the pics dont quite line up consistently (maybe the banners are just hung up randomly and the people just sit down wherever? idk, never paid close attention to the sitting arrangements).

Next episode might clear this up, since we have a preview shot of Gaelio with the serpent crest behind him, depending on whose room it its that may answer our questions to a degree

I sorta doubt Flauros is the Fareed Gundam, since theres still many we haven't seen. And based on the storage vault image, its still quite possible that the actual Fareed gundam is still in vault itself.

On the family colors too based on the coat of arms, think its coincidence that McGillis colored the Helmwige in the Fareed family colors? (assuming the crest does indeed belong to the Fareed family)
Old 2017-02-18, 06:05   Link #1604
Irenesharda

Actually if you look back a few episodes, Rustal and Iok both have emblazoned their house symbol on their personal ships.

Iok: his is the two ravens, Huginn and Muninn

Rustal: his is the Jormungandr, the giant red snake

The others we've seen several times.
Fareed's is Fenrir the wolf.

Bauduin is Sleipnir the multi-legged horse.

Issue is Ratatoskr and Yggdrasil.

The last two are Falk and Baklazan, with Falk being Nidhoggr,

and Baklazan, which is a rooster, either being Gullinkambi or Vidofnir.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 06:51   Link #1605
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

not sure the reason why they didn't show the Seven Stars Gundams is to prevent a merchandise being made for them despite not doing anything which to me is the exact opposite of Bandai's marketing.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 10:01   Link #1606
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Actually if you look back a few episodes, Rustal and Iok both have emblazoned their house symbol on their personal ships.

Iok: his is the two ravens, Huginn and Muninn

Rustal: his is the Jormungandr, the giant red snake

The others we've seen several times.
Fareed's is Fenrir the wolf.

Bauduin is Sleipnir the multi-legged horse.

Issue is Ratatoskr and Yggdrasil.

The last two are Falk and Baklazan, with Falk being Nidhoggr,

and Baklazan, which is a rooster, either being Gullinkambi or Vidofnir.
Ooh, I'm liking the graphics of all the flags.

That makes sense, but then, is the episode where Iok has Jomungandr and Rustal has Verdrfolnir/Gullinkambi/maybe Hraesvelgr but probably not an animation error?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 11:52   Link #1607
Irenesharda

Quote:
Ooh, I'm liking the graphics of all the flags.

That makes sense, but then, is the episode where Iok has Jomungandr and Rustal has Verdrfolnir/Gullinkambi/maybe Hraesvelgr but probably not an animation error?
I'd say either an animation error or a perception thing. Since the mechanical designer specifically pointed out the rooster bird crest as being Baklazan's I'm guessing he would know. Also, I'm 100% sure that a couple of episodes ago, we see Rustal's ship from an overhead perspective and you can see the giant red snake symbol on top of it.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-18, 15:55   Link #1608
NBG

My favorite is Ioks crest. . . why
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-18, 21:20   Link #1609
The 48th Ronin

I personally hope Gaelio gets Bael at the end of the series. Just to see "Baelio" become a popular meme.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 04:29   Link #1610
Irenesharda

Well color me surprised, the mystery Gundam in the OP was indeed Kimaris. However, it seems we have to give up Vidar to get our updated Kimaris.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-19, 04:32   Link #1611
Knight_SV

Quote:
Well color me surprised, the mystery Gundam in the OP was indeed Kimaris. However, it seems we have to give up Vidar to get our updated Kimaris.
of course. it's been hinted since december from gunpla sellers that HG kimaris vidar is open for pre-order so it's obvious vidar will revert to kimaris and kimaris had vidar's name added too
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 04:49   Link #1612
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
not sure the reason why they didn't show the Seven Stars Gundams is to prevent a merchandise being made for them despite not doing anything which to me is the exact opposite of Bandai's marketing.
Because anything they make can easily be labeled as fake and kill sales the instant Bandai releases the official linearts/kits

Thats why bootlegs capitalize off kits that have already been made, or make kits of designs that already exist, but have not been made already in a particular form (hence a demand for such products, despite being bootlegs)

I highly doubt they have all 72 units designed either lol, thats a LOT of work, to design, then differentiate, each unit individually.

Ah liking those coat of arms now that we have clear shots of them
Old 2017-02-19, 05:03   Link #1613
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
but the Gundam Vidar is the Kimaris wearing a disguise, they aren't separate Gundams, it is the Gundam Vidar getting upgraded.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 05:25   Link #1614
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
but the Gundam Vidar is the Kimaris wearing a disguise, they aren't separate Gundams, it is the Gundam Vidar getting upgraded.
I know but we lost the Vidar as a design. I never did care for Kimaris' design.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-02-19, 06:36   Link #1615
dragon1412

Quote:
I know but we lost the Vidar as a design. I never did care for Kimaris' design.
someone understand my feelings - Seriously, as much as I rated Vidar as one of the best design, Kimaris hold one of the worst design to me, and this spell death for Gaelio, no ugly Gundam ever survived
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 07:53   Link #1616
Skye629

Well what we have seen of the new Kimaris from the PV looks good so far (at least to me)

At first I like the original Kimaris, then the trooper came out and I scorned it. Over time though the Trooper has really grown on me and the 1st/OG form took a backseat

Waiting to see how this new one will fully look/what it got

Im actually inclined to believe that it wont change that much from Vidar, aside from the cosmetics, can they really overhaul a machine that drastically in the short amount of time before the battle? At most they have a few days to change the armor, then do performance tests to make sure everythings in order, etc.

Old 2017-02-19, 10:00   Link #1617
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Well what we have seen of the new Kimaris from the PV looks good so far (at least to me)

At first I like the original Kimaris, then the trooper came out and I scorned it. Over time though the Trooper has really grown on me and the 1st/OG form took a backseat

Waiting to see how this new one will fully look/what it got

Im actually inclined to believe that it wont change that much from Vidar, aside from the cosmetics, can they really overhaul a machine that drastically in the short amount of time before the battle? At most they have a few days to change the armor, then do performance tests to make sure everythings in order, etc.

oh god, is that a Mohawk on it's head ???? somebody please tell me, that isn't a Mohawk right ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-19, 11:14   Link #1618
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
oh god, is that a Mohawk on it's head ???? somebody please tell me, that isn't a Mohawk right ???
Its part of the helmet/crest (did you watch the opening? You literally see a full side shot of the head there) but regardless it looks good and stays true to the designs of the previous Kimaris forms

Really adds to the knight look/theme that inspired the gundam designs

Im also noticing from the upper part we have so far, it really takes the previous designs and meshes them all together

The V-fin of its first appearance, upper head/crest of the Trooper, shoulders reminiscent of the first appearance, the edgier design of the Vidar, etc. Really liking how its turning out

Last edited by Skye629; 2017-02-19 at 11:26.
Old 2017-02-19, 12:51   Link #1619
MayFly
Banned

Quote:
Only an idiot would think OP Gundam was NOT Kimaris
MayFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-20, 04:26   Link #1620
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Someone posted this on Imgur. Still looking for a front view.

Images
Gundam Kimaris
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's packing some serious heat.