AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-05-25, 19:45   Link #1601
Twi

Once during Volume 3, but she doesn't recognize him and instead no-sold one of his traps because of her EX-ranked Luck.
Old 2019-05-29, 07:44   Link #1602
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Can anyone direct me to the post theorizing that HEA caught the crown in the wedding?

I think the author left it to us to decide who catched the crown, there is no real resolve.

I have not read the entire book yet, but I looked at some pages out of curiousity.

The thing is, there is no build up or no sign that let's us think the princess threw the crown in such a way that HEA would catch it. She throws it, someone catches it, end of story.
Yes, the part is that short.

I am no author, but you would throw in some explanation or narration that let's you see a possible interpretation. I have no idea how the HEA interpretation was possible with such a short page. The points the guy analyzed is just not there, I think there was too much wishful thinking and fact bending done on his part.

So in short, there is nothing meaningful in that scene. The bride throws some flowers, someone catches it, that's it.
I could have missed something, but the way the page is written makes me certain that there is nothing to it (or the author messed up the writing in this case).
Questman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-29, 15:56   Link #1603
Twi

Ah, I forgot Volume 7 came out last week...
Old 2019-05-29, 17:08   Link #1604
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questman View Post
I think the author left it to us to decide who catched the crown, there is no real resolve.

I have not read the entire book yet, but I looked at some pages out of curiousity.

The thing is, there is no build up or no sign that let's us think the princess threw the crown in such a way that HEA would catch it. She throws it, someone catches it, end of story.
Yes, the part is that short.

I am no author, but you would throw in some explanation or narration that let's you see a possible interpretation. I have no idea how the HEA interpretation was possible with such a short page. The points the guy analyzed is just not there, I think there was too much wishful thinking and fact bending done on his part.

So in short, there is nothing meaningful in that scene. The bride throws some flowers, someone catches it, that's it.
I could have missed something, but the way the page is written makes me certain that there is nothing to it (or the author messed up the writing in this case).
There was a really good post somewhere with some pretty compelling evidence. As you said, it was pretty short but the poster noted that the arc was described as "perfect." This coming from an adult elf renowned for their marksmanship.
Old 2019-05-30, 11:16   Link #1605
Questman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
There was a really good post somewhere with some pretty compelling evidence. As you said, it was pretty short but the poster noted that the arc was described as "perfect." This coming from an adult elf renowned for their marksmanship.

Would you rely on this one word alone?

There is no build up or anything. And when I think about it, what is an 'imperfect' arc?
If you think about it, all throwing arcs are perfect, because the thrown object does not move by itself.
I think it is just a harmless adjective to describe that the flowers flew really high.

And when you mention marksmanship: Elves excell in shooting (!), not throwing. In Volume 3 there is even a good example. HEA is a good archer, but she failed at a throwing game on carnival, because shooting and throwing is not the same (dwarf and lizard point this out). GS on the other hand is good at throwing, hence why he aces the throwing game to the point HEA becomes more frustrated.

My point: How can an adult elf be good at throwing, when elves are about shooting?

Until there is compelling evidence, the analysis of this one person can be neglected because it is based on nothing. If I remember correctly, he himself said it that his analysis could be to much interpretation, which is kind of admitting that he probably sees to much stuff that simply is not there.
Old 2019-07-12, 08:14   Link #1606
Hata
時の異邦人

Goblin Slayer 11, to the desert “Gehenna”! out September.

Images
cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-08-12, 06:17   Link #1607
Questman

I have a question.

I heard there are short stories of Goblinslayer bundled with the DVD release. One is about the chosen hero and the other is GS and HEA going on an adventure.

Is there a translation or summary out there? I mean both official or fan translation.

I heard they were interesting, not on light novel level of course, but still interesting.

Does anybody know something?
Old 2019-09-01, 07:00   Link #1608
Questman

News for you guys.

Volume 12 has been confirmed to be released on February 14th.

There will be a limited edition with a Drama CD and a metall figurine.

As for credibility, it is listed on amazon jp. I found the news on reddit.

I am glad the author has a constant output to the point he releases a book one month earlier than usual. Thanks to that I hope the english release stays uninterrupted with about 3 books per year.
Old 2019-09-02, 06:21   Link #1609
AP24

Vol 11 preview is out

Looks like Priestess might get promoted in this volume
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 07:34   Link #1610
tuckersister

Priestess promoted again? What did she do to get promoted? She is Steel rank, right? (I think since Vol8) Who else got promoted during this time? (We all know that Goblin Slayer will remain silver rank throughout the entire series) I still figuring out the Rank Levels.
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 08:12   Link #1611
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Priestess promoted again? What did she do to get promoted? She is Steel rank, right? (I think since Vol8) Who else got promoted during this time? (We all know that Goblin Slayer will remain silver rank throughout the entire series) I still figuring out the Rank Levels.
Last time Priestess got promoted was end of Vol 6. She's still Steel (8th) rank and looks like if she is successful in a quest in Vol 11 she could get promoted to Sapphire (7th) rank. If this happens she will no longer be considered a rookie, and will be considered a middle-class adventurer.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 13:15   Link #1612
tuckersister

Will the Hero girl and Goblin Slayer fight together in one part of the LN series?
tuckersister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-02, 20:46   Link #1613
Silvertail

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Will the Hero girl and Goblin Slayer fight together in one part of the LN series?
That'll be great if something like that happens at some point. After all, it was Goblin Slayer who saved the Hero's village during his first year as a adventurer, so she would be happy to have the chance to work along side the person she met as a child.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-04, 02:09   Link #1614
Tenzen12

Wouldn't be GS just in the way though?
Old 2019-09-04, 07:47   Link #1615
Twi

Unless it involves Goblins, yep.
Old 2019-09-04, 08:16   Link #1616
blackman

Not if he is the one making the strategy.
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-05, 16:37   Link #1617
Tenzen12

Why would you need strategy when you have Doom Haruhi? Against opponents she would struggle against GS tactics would be worthless anyway.

Haruhi can do probably same damage with fist as Orgbolg with his water jet scroll after all.
Old 2019-09-08, 10:48   Link #1618
dreminh

still no spoiler, sad face
dreminh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-08, 20:41   Link #1619
sasabit

any possible romance so far? Elf archer is best girl
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-08, 21:02   Link #1620
Twi

Nope. GS has no time for romance.

Tags