AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-05-13, 13:08   Link #16421
dark44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durasama View Post
As long as people want me translating it, i'll translate it. But the length of the next chapter is already finishing me off. But well, the next one should be more interesting.
Looked over it a bit, title is "Ideal World" (理想世界).
thanx for your hard work
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 13:42   Link #16422
pman.amdg

when will he start eating monsters again?
pman.amdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 13:44   Link #16423
borisdrakoni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durasama View Post
As long as people want me translating it, i'll translate it. But the length of the next chapter is already finishing me off. But well, the next one should be more interesting.
Looked over it a bit, title is "Ideal World" (理想世界).
Lol, I'm still rather bummed that only Hajime's school themed romcom world got fully written out there. It would have been hilarious to see some of the others like Yue, mother of twelve, or Princess Shizuku and her brave knight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman.amdg View Post
when will he start eating monsters again?
He doesn't really do it all that much after leaving Orcus. Minus a few eaten offscreen that had useful abilities, he can't really get any stronger off eating demonic beasts anymore. Subsequently he just focuses on collecting Age of Gods magic.
borisdrakoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 14:09   Link #16424
babbo3d
2d 3d all lolis are equal

He already explained this in chapter 125 but the monster need to be equal to or stronger than him since hajime even without his weapons is a monster he can't find monsters strong enough.
Old 2015-05-13, 14:45   Link #16425
Durasama
Random Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Spoiler for :

You shouldn't spoil too much for other people ;D
Old 2015-05-13, 15:34   Link #16426
LynnLen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfate View Post
I couldn't agree more you are actually spot on though some might hate you for this but you actually express the things that i've been keeping to myself good job sir!
Don't thank me, thank Mister Dog With Cigarette I would have never made that post if it weren't for him bringing the topic up. Also I would like to elaborate on something with the characters, while I think there backstories are interesting, its just that I don't feel as though they were fleshed out properly, all of these backstories are nice but the fact that they crop up in one arc makes it feel like it was shoehorned in and not develop. All the author has to do is spread out the character development and this could be great, of course this could mean changing the story entirely.
LynnLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 21:02   Link #16427
InMyOwnMind

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
@bludvein

well, no. i did not troll and was quite serious when i compare them. as someone who had read quite few doujin which depicted romantic relationship, the only difference i see is

Shia is successful in her pursuit, while Hiyama failed in his effort to win his woman.

It is the classic case of winner become praised heroes and loser demonized. i am not surprised everyone here scorned hiyama, the reason is he failed.

i was directed by some people about a relationship between Khal Drogo and Khalessi or Daenerys. their first romantic encounter was even more upsetting and calling them platoonic would make light of their relationship, but when i ask some people how do they see Khal Drogo and Daenerys relationship, they say that their romance was quite beautiful.... welll it started with rape. so who says that Hiyama later would not even become a romantic lover for Kaori? who says that even Shia would not become manipulative when her feeling is not reciprocated? i can say that because noone was like Atlas :P

On the otherhand.... Tyrion.... who was betrayed by... who is that b*tch who testify against him in the court and later slept with Tyrion father?
No, Hiyama didn't give a damn about Kaori's own feelings from the beginning to the end all to the level of him being fine with killing her and just using her as a mindless undead fuck toy. Far from the concept of love, that's just a psychotic obsession that has nothing to do with winners or losers. People in love actual care about the other person's feelings, even if they go against that person's wishes in some cases they don't seriously look to harm them for their own gain.

When you say they Hiyama's 'love' for Kaori is equivalent to Shia's love of Hajime, yes people will think you're trolling or f*king around because if you are genuinely being serious then there is something deeply wrong with your sense of values.
InMyOwnMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-13, 23:25   Link #16428
tfate
true harem seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMyOwnMind View Post
No, Hiyama didn't give a damn about Kaori's own feelings from the beginning to the end all to the level of him being fine with killing her and just using her as a mindless undead fuck toy. Far from the concept of love, that's just a psychotic obsession that has nothing to do with winners or losers. People in love actual care about the other person's feelings, even if they go against that person's wishes in some cases they don't seriously look to harm them for their own gain.

When you say they Hiyama's 'love' for Kaori is equivalent to Shia's love of Hajime, yes people will think you're trolling or f*king around because if you are genuinely being serious then there is something deeply wrong with your sense of values.
Don't waste your time that guy is totally an idiot
tfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 00:31   Link #16429
julioalqae
the pragma

Send a message via Yahoo to julioalqae
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnLen View Post
Don't thank me, thank Mister Dog With Cigarette I would have never made that post if it weren't for him bringing the topic up. Also I would like to elaborate on something with the characters, while I think there backstories are interesting, its just that I don't feel as though they were fleshed out properly, all of these backstories are nice but the fact that they crop up in one arc makes it feel like it was shoehorned in and not develop. All the author has to do is spread out the character development and this could be great, of course this could mean changing the story entirely.
u'r welcome (the dog name is kihara noukan ), but nah, i just like to tsukkomi in there and there in few thread. feels like this thread need more balance and variation rather than throw up the hate to one character....

i am glad with your criticism to the series, although there are some people who dislike not just to a bad constructive character named kouki, and then point out the general flaw nicely and politely. proof that the problem isn't just how bad kouki is but the other characters have a more or less same problem, and the plot.

hope my upbringing didn't count as a troll to bring the hater, before that i'm sorry
Old 2015-05-14, 00:42   Link #16430
rantaid

@tfate

well... duh. i never claim to be the wisest of wises, smartest of smarts, or most clever among clevers.

@InMyOwnMind

well there are many fallacy i can use to spoke my point... like at least comparing psycho creeps like Hiyama with beloved yandere girls, comparing his feeling to many anti heroes characters like:

Ikari Gendou (shinji's father), anakin skywalker, paptimus scirocco, Katejina loss and Chronicle Asher, Makotou Itou and Sawanaga Taisuke and such and such.

but, they would be to afraid to admit some or two point of what i say. even if deep down they know it, they would deny it. to save their conscience. people are afraid to admit the terrible truth anyway.

but, i shall refrain.

@Ophis
dully noted. Ryuutarou okay.

let me re read and relive the suffering when i still like Hajime when he is a guy who don't give a f*ck and growing to be disappointed at him for being henpecked husband

@.... i forgot who you are.
well it would be OOT, but well...yeah, some people told me their first night was quite awkward due to difference culture, while tv Game Of throne made it as simple as rape.

however, you do realize that in song of fire and ice; Daenarys Targayen when she was sold by her brother ..... she was barely 13 or less? you do know that asking consent for coitus from 13 years old are no more than sophism right? of course recalling that she was sold also add an element that she was under duress when she consent to the political marriage to the Dothrakki. so in legal term, this semanticism of Daenarys not raped but and awkward platonic expression of love was no more than sophism and blatantly non consensual coitus.

ps., yeah i know the medieval setting and cultural set, but is not this also giving excuse for Stockholm syndrome?
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 03:41   Link #16431
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dim1 View Post
you know there is next to no Hiyama bashing on this thread, why is that?
He died and got his comeuppance. In a major and brutal way.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 03:49   Link #16432
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
He died and got his comeuppance. In a major and brutal way.
His death seems kinda anti-climatic, actually. Given how long the author built him up as a villain (Giving him focus, showing how he justifies his action, etc), he could have at least ended the character in a decent fight against Hajime. Like maybe have God or Demon give him a power boost that destroy his remaining sanity and send him to fight Hajime.
theultimates12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 03:55   Link #16433
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimates12 View Post
His death seems kinda anti-climatic, actually. Given how long the author built him up as a villain (Giving him focus, showing how he justifies his action, etc), he could have at least ended the character in a decent fight against Hajime. Like maybe have God or Demon give him a power boost that destroy his remaining sanity and send him to fight Hajime.
Which would have prolonged his suffering. He is not one of the primary antagonist so building him up just to be quickly and painfully destroyed would not add to the plot. imo
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 04:03   Link #16434
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
Which would have prolonged his suffering. He is not one of the primary antagonist so building him up just to be quickly and painfully destroyed would not add to the plot. imo
But building him up then end him in such a anti-climatic way, to me, also hurts the story. It feels pointless. Was he a red herring to hide something? I don't remember so. What was his purpose? Why did the author keep him for so long? Why give him so much focus, more than other villains?

Also, wasn't quickly and painfully destroyed is how he actually died?
Old 2015-05-14, 04:11   Link #16435
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnLen View Post
All the author has to do is spread out the character development and this could be great, of course this could mean changing the story entirely.
I hope they do change the story when the LN is released,.maybe adding more sidequests and exploring further into each of the main character's background. For all of their awesomeness and fleshed out characterization, a little bit of side stories would do wonders

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 04:13   Link #16436
rantaid

@theultimates12

well that is why i often sees the author did not do justice to the Hiyama who he had (unknowingly) established and built as the better character with quality developmwnt unlike the other characters who unfortunately is not properly set.

but, no one unfortunately share my sentiments,
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 04:16   Link #16437
theultimates12

What I want the author to do in Light Novel version is showing how powerful God is (Wait, was it one god or multiple gods?). Raising the stake, so to speak. This will make me much eager to see the fight between him and Hajime.
Old 2015-05-14, 04:25   Link #16438
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by theultimates12 View Post
By himself, his death was indeed anticlimatic, but if you look at the mastermind arc as a whole then it certainly is interesting and befitting, with the reveal of the bad guys and subsequent curbstomp battle from Mr Badass. Think of it as him turning from big bully to mook and finally graduating into evil red shirt. Also, the author doesn't want too many loose ends that would unnessarily prolongs the story, and so Hiyama was dropped as soon as an opportunity arise. I see it as good planning, though for a serialized novel, it would also limit future plot points.

Now that Arifureta is serialized, I think the editor would want Hiyama alive for future developments, maybe with a mangled arm or burnt face, and quadrupled hatred and burning for unjustified vengeance. Of course all the heroes would find the remaining of his arm amidst the monsters and assume that he's dead, which would set up for more surprise attacks in future arcs. It would also raise the sales with a longer novel

"If thou find thy neighbor trying to touch thy loli, thine right for crotch related violence is justified. Thou dost unleash upon those foolish lot thy righteous fury.

If in which the unlucky knaves miss death's sweet release, upon the males, a change of fate shall befall them. For they shall become "man-woman", harbingers of doom & fashionable clothing tastes."

--From the Book of Haulia
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 04:55   Link #16439
Xacual

Seeing Hiyama come back is totally pointless though. He went out exactly as he lived, as just a small fry that tried to push his insecurities onto others. Honestly I thought his fate was perfect for the type of character he was, he was never one of the major villains or even close to that status to deserve extended time.

If anyone deserves more development time it's the demon race and Freed.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-14, 05:14   Link #16440
theultimates12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
By himself, his death was indeed anticlimatic, but if you look at the mastermind arc as a whole then it certainly is interesting and befitting, with the reveal of the bad guys and subsequent curbstomp battle from Mr Badass. Think of it as him turning from big bully to mook and finally graduating into evil red shirt. Also, the author doesn't want too many loose ends that would unnessarily prolongs the story, and so Hiyama was dropped as soon as an opportunity arise. I see it as good planning, though for a serialized novel, it would also limit future plot points.

Now that Arifureta is serialized, I think the editor would want Hiyama alive for future developments, maybe with a mangled arm or burnt face, and quadrupled hatred and burning for unjustified vengeance. Of course all the heroes would find the remaining of his arm amidst the monsters and assume that he's dead, which would set up for more surprise attacks in future arcs. It would also raise the sales with a longer novel
The reveal of who the mastermind was is interesting but in the end, that "Mastermind" can't do much to Hajime, especially now since he has the ability to revive the dead. To me, it's a complete let down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Seeing Hiyama come back is totally pointless though. He went out exactly as he lived, as just a small fry that tried to push his insecurities onto others. Honestly I thought his fate was perfect for the type of character he was, he was never one of the major villains or even close to that status to deserve extended time.

If anyone deserves more development time it's the demon race and Freed.
I think the problem is that Hayama has so much focus, more than all other small fries. Either the author cut all of that focus and gives it to someone else or make Hayama deserve that focus.

Though, now that you mention the Demon Race and Freed, what has been revealed about them?

Last edited by theultimates12; 2015-05-14 at 05:26.

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel