AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-31, 07:22   Link #1641
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Battler might have been deceived into thinking that the odor came from Natsuhi's gun because he couldn't think there could be another gun (as proven from the fact he illogically thought it was suicide). He then recharged the gun without noticing that the bullet wasn't spent.

Kinda far-fatched, but not impossible.
I was also thinking along these lines. Though the anime makes it harder now.
Old 2009-07-31, 11:54   Link #1642
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So now even if he said that the smell came from Natsuhi's gun, as I said, a human being cannot clearly discern the source of an odor. It's not like he's seen the smoke. So if the culprit fired the gun from a close position, Battler might have been deceived into thinking that the odor came from Natsuhi's gun because he couldn't think there could be another gun (as proven from the fact he illogically thought it was suicide). He then recharged the gun without noticing that the bullet wasn't spent.

Kinda far-fatched, but not impossible.
That's the best I can come up with as well.

I just touched on this in the main discussion thread for episode 5 of the anime, but it's better suited to being branched out here. Who else is looking forward to Sayaka Ohara's performance as Beatrice once we get around to Episode 3 material, with all the moé moé "I'm sorry, Battler! "

Since we've started off with a very mature/deep voice for Beatrice, I'm interested to see how the VA will manipulate that to achieve Beatrice's faux soft personality.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:08   Link #1643
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I personally dislike the voice and the design for anime Beatrice. The mature/deepness of Sayaka's voice doesn't fit her at all for the fact that it does "feel" young. Despite we never know the age of Beatrice I would say that her actions and appearance (in the game) puts her somewhere around mid 20s. There is a serious side of her but also a child-like personality at times so its really hard to think of her with such a mature, no messing, "Eva" kind of voice. Appearance wise she looks almost too beautiful to be true and that looks back round to making her "ugly". I mean...what the heck is up with the over use of her "slit eyes" expression and oh my god her face is too spaced apart...

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-31, 12:18   Link #1644
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

I honestly had more problems with the length of her neck than her face. As for her appearance of age... the way she's drawn in the anime strikes me as a pretty solid 30, or a few years younger. The screenshot you posted isn't all that bad in terms of an "empty face." I can see your point better with:

(courtesy of Mion in the avatar request thread)

The anime rendition of Beatrice seems like a vast visual upgrade over her VN sprite. But then, I'm not exactly a fan of Ryukushi's character designs
Old 2009-07-31, 12:19   Link #1645
sento

Ohara have a camaleonic voice, really. Probably she will be able to work with all of that issues. And now, she is doing the almost "elegant" Beato of EP1 and first chapters of EP2.

I think that's why she was handpicked.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:21   Link #1646
Marion
The Great Dine

Well we've only seen one side of Ohara's Beatrice so far. She'll probably have to sound a little less mature when EP 3 comes into air and she acts all moe and tsundere.

I bet all the smoking got to her voice~
Old 2009-07-31, 12:25   Link #1647
urusai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I mean...what the heck is up with the over use of her "slit eyes" expression and oh my god her face is too spaced apart...
Don't worry, when episode 6 comes her character design changes quite a bit (much larger eyes, for one). Thanks DEEN!
Old 2009-07-31, 12:36   Link #1648
chounokoe

Send a message via MSN to chounokoe
I personally always imagined Beatrice sounding like that.
She is obviously supposed to be within the same age-range as the other children of Kinzô, at least the image that most characters have in their heads...
She has to be able to be a smooth-talking, elegant witch at one point and a bratty, childish, arrogant girly-type woman at another point...but it is always implied that she acts unfit for her apparent age (and that's not talking about her supposed 1000 years).

Well I think people get different pictures in their head all the time, there are always fights about live-action adaptions of novels...so why not about a seiyuu.
We can't force anyone to like her....but I think she's doing a terrific job, especially if she pulls a similar thing as in the drama-cd.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:39   Link #1649
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelii View Post
I honestly had more problems with the length of her neck than her face. As for her appearance of age... the way she's drawn in the anime strikes me as a pretty solid 30, or a few years younger. The screenshot you posted isn't all that bad in terms of an "empty face." I can see your point better with:

(courtesy of Mion in the avatar request thread)

The anime rendition of Beatrice seems like a vast visual upgrade over her VN sprite. But then, I'm not exactly a fan of Ryukushi's character designs
Ah thanks, that was the screen cap I was looking for but couldn't find...it looks absolutely "beautiful" in an ugly way

And heck...I'm completely in love with Ryukishi's sprites

Quote:
Originally Posted by urusai View Post
Don't worry, when episode 6 comes her character design changes quite a bit (much larger eyes, for one). Thanks DEEN!
Take away some of Battler's eyes and give it to Beatrice...please

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-31, 12:46   Link #1650
sento

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Take away some of Battler's eyes and give it to Beatrice...please
I think that compared to I-I and I-II, his design improved A LOT.
Old 2009-07-31, 12:46   Link #1651
gtr06
Golden Watch

What if someone lured Natsuhi out to protect the children? If Natsuhi was pulling an episode 3 ending when the last two were alone in the lobby, then maybe when they broke through to see Natsuhi shot, maybe they instead were shot and everything else was meta world.
Old 2009-07-31, 20:31   Link #1652
Seagull
MIA, Rokkenjima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Well we've only seen one side of Ohara's Beatrice so far. She'll probably have to sound a little less mature when EP 3 comes into air and she acts all moe and tsundere.

I bet all the smoking got to her voice~
Yep. Hard to imagine tsundere beato with that voice, along with her "undignified" cackling.
Old 2009-07-31, 23:04   Link #1653
Freelii
( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Hey, speaking of "beato" ...

..I always assumed the pronunciation was like "bee-toh," similar to how Yukari Tamura (voice of Bern) says "fate-chan" all the time as Nanoha (fay-toh-chan). But listening to the ??? tea party in the anime, I could have sworn I heard Beatrice referred to as "Beato" pronounced as "bey-ah-toh."

This 2nd pronounciation definately sounds more like the 2nd half of "Beatrice" got cut off, but it's a bit confuddling since I've heard it the former way in my head for so long.
Old 2009-08-01, 00:58   Link #1654
urusai

Yeah, it's indeed pronounced as "bey-ah-toh". It'd be easier to see if you look at the original katakana (ベアト as opposed to ビート).
Old 2009-08-01, 01:43   Link #1655
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
throughout the whole arc, other than the servants (+doctor) and Natsuhi, did ANYONE see Kinzo being alive? Also, can the adults hear the roaring from inside the study when they are banging on the door?
just some queries.
This guy in the episode 5 thread is starting to question if anyone else actually saw Kinzo alive other than the servants, Nanjo and Natsuhi.

Hohohoho. People are catching on. I imagine the look on their faces when perhaps one of the biggest plot twists come around.
Old 2009-08-01, 01:46   Link #1656
Saerianne
*cackle*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
This guy in the episode 5 thread is starting to question if anyone else actually saw Kinzo alive other than the servants, Nanjo and Natsuhi.

Hohohoho. People are catching on. I imagine the look on their faces when perhaps one of the biggest plot twists come around.
I saw this too.
Play the game and you will find the answer sooner! DDDD: YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT TRACK!
XD
Old 2009-08-01, 01:58   Link #1657
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I imagine the look on their faces when perhaps one of the biggest plot twists come around.
I think they'd be more surprised if they weren't catching on, though.
Old 2009-08-01, 02:04   Link #1658
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Or their brains could asplode. It's not fun without exploding brains.

I'm pretty sure my brain exited my ears at 3 times the speed of sound when Ushiromiya Kinzo was dead before the start of every game.
Old 2009-08-01, 02:42   Link #1659
Marion
The Great Dine

Spoiler for EP 3:
Old 2009-08-01, 02:49   Link #1660
Jimprovement
Televangelist

Send a message via AIM to Jimprovement
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Closed Thread