Old 2014-04-25, 07:30   Link #1661
hamazura
whatever

not complaining, just being pessimistic
Old 2014-04-25, 07:34   Link #1662
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Wait. We are finally going to get more Hunter X Hunter and people are complaining about it?

I don't care if it's one chapter or 100 chapters, either case is an instance where joy is the only proper response.

Writers like Togashi or George R.R. Martin don't owe us anything, they've already given us something amazing, and all we could give back was dollars. Asking for patience is not that high a price to add on.

At least that's my perspective right now. I've probably complained about hiatus' in the past as well.
He doesn't owe us leechers anything, but I'd be righteously pissed off if I paid money for some of his relatively recent work. He is supposed to be a professional, not some random guy doing something in his free time. Instead we get indefinitely long breaks while he plays dragon quest or whatever he does, and when he finally gets around to doing it we get scribbles. Common sense would tell you he should wrap it up if he doesn't feel like doing it anymore. He definitely does owe his fans an ending instead of stringing them along.

As it is I might skim the chapters when they show up, but I can't work up any real enthusiasm.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:15   Link #1663
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
He doesn't owe us leechers anything, but I'd be righteously pissed off if I paid money for some of his relatively recent work. He is supposed to be a professional, not some random guy doing something in his free time. Instead we get indefinitely long breaks while he plays dragon quest or whatever he does, and when he finally gets around to doing it we get scribbles. Common sense would tell you he should wrap it up if he doesn't feel like doing it anymore. He definitely does owe his fans an ending instead of stringing them along.

As it is I might skim the chapters when they show up, but I can't work up any real enthusiasm.
See, this is what they don't get. People have paid for the stuff he already did. And only for that. No one paid him for anything he should be doing in the future. (as far as this forum goes, I wonder how many people actually paid anything at all, but lets not get into that any further than we need to)
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 09:20   Link #1664
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
See, this is what they don't get. People have paid for the stuff he already did. And only for that. No one paid him for anything he should be doing in the future.
There is a thing called professionalism, you know. The fact that Togashi doesn't seem to have any is worrisome to people.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2014-04-25 at 10:19.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-25, 10:17   Link #1665
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
See, this is what they don't get. People have paid for the stuff he already did. And only for that. No one paid him for anything he should be doing in the future. (as far as this forum goes, I wonder how many people actually paid anything at all, but lets not get into that any further than we need to)
i paid togashi by buying all of hxh and yuyu hakusho manga
Old 2014-05-28, 01:06   Link #1666
marvelB

Ooooh, guuuuyyys...... Iiiiiit's heeeeeeere:

Spoiler:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 01:27   Link #1667
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's really been a while. ii had almost forgotten this feeling of anticipation in relation to Hunter X Hunter.

I'm really looking forward to the chapter!

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 05:11   Link #1668
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I want to read this desperately... But I've held out through 131 episodes of the anime, I'm not going to spoil myself now.

I did sneak a peek, and the art is... stellar. Definitely not at the doodle stage for now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:09   Link #1669
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I want to read this desperately... But I've held out through 131 episodes of the anime, I'm not going to spoil myself now.

I did sneak a peek, and the art is... stellar. Definitely not at the doodle stage for now.
I don't know how to break this to you but there is no way the anime is doing anything beyond ch 340. There is just no way. Might as well read the chapter.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:18   Link #1670
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I don't know how to break this to you but there is no way the anime is doing anything beyond ch 340. There is just no way. Might as well read the chapter.
I think he meant that he would wait for the anime to complete the Election arc before reading it.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 06:22   Link #1671
Avaricia
My Lord

Done reading the chapter.

This came out of nowhere. I thought there were only 2 calamities so far, so why the hell did it become 5?

Spoiler for 5 Calamities:

Last edited by Avaricia; 2014-05-28 at 06:34.
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 07:10   Link #1672
Gundamx

English version out
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 07:18   Link #1673
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Done reading the chapter.

This came out of nowhere. I thought there were only 2 calamities so far, so why the hell did it become 5?

Spoiler for 5 Calamities:
i read the latest chapter. does this new arc have connections with the previous arcs?

it has been a while
Old 2014-05-28, 07:35   Link #1674
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I think he meant that he would wait for the anime to complete the Election arc before reading it.
Yes, doesn't seem like much point in reading any of the Dark Continent arc before the Election Arc airs.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 08:52   Link #1675
Avaricia
My Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
i read the latest chapter. does this new arc have connections with the previous arcs?

it has been a while
Chimera ant can only be found in the Dark Continent, that's why Netero described the Chimera ants arc as the 2nd Calamity
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 09:17   Link #1676
hamazura
whatever

i dont think all creature in gourmet world dark continent will be OP like chimera ant. remember all the magical beast fodder that we've encounter? like kiriko. ging said they were all from dark continent. there should be many fodder monster in dark continent, if not, how the hell they will explore the land with full of chimera 'ant, lion, cat, tiger, elephant, etc' monster
Old 2014-05-28, 09:47   Link #1677
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That Dark Continent sure doesn't seem like a very welcoming place... I understand why they want to explore it though. Plenty of information to be gleaned out there.
Old 2014-05-28, 11:51   Link #1678
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Talk about information dump. It feels like Togashi make up for the the hiatus when writing these walls of texts. I hope next chapter they decide to go there. Still, can Togashi make a better enemy than the King?
Old 2014-05-28, 12:36   Link #1679
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Just like Togashi to not even give us a single panel of our main character after a long hiatus. Lot of information to absorb from this chapter. Dark continent is not a good place to be.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 13:31   Link #1680
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaricia View Post
Chimera ant can only be found in the Dark Continent, that's why Netero described the Chimera ants arc as the 2nd Calamity
Okay, which chapter did Netero say that?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
overpowered villain