AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-11-11, 10:54   Link #1661
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot View Post
Its also noted that the Student Council President of Queen Veil is just a figurehead/puppet position and doesn't hold any actual authority.
Then who holds true authority in Queenvale?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 11:15   Link #1662
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Then who holds true authority in Queenvale?
The headmaster.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 11:19   Link #1663
Phantomlurker

Funny how unusual is that in lns.
Phantomlurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 11:41   Link #1664
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol 7 Chapter 5
Generally, all the student councils of Asterisk were thought as if they owned a mighty power, but it was substantially Garrardsworth and Seidoukan who managed everything up to administration of school events.

In Allekant where factionalism was prevalent, the student council was no more than a coordinator; and in Queen Veil, the board chairman held real power and the student council could be considered close to decoration. World Dragon varied depending on the period, but if we looked historically, there should be many student councils which entrusted the Integrated Enterprise Foundation with the business side.

It should have originally been the same for Le Wolfe too, but it changed completely after that Dirk Eberwein reached the seat of student council president. That said, because it seemed that most of the members of the student council gathered by Dirk were staff recruited from the Integrated Enterprise Foundation, it would be hard to speak of administration by students purely.

Of course, it was not like the student councils of Garrardsworth and Seidoukan were independent from the Integrated Enterprise Foundation; they also borrowed the IEF’s power, but compared with other academies, it should be said that they did so with great discretion.
That's basically how the Student Council works in each school.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 17:38   Link #1665
carmolita

@zedex Thank you soo much for the summaries

Spoiler for book 8:
If so what was his reaction??
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-14, 08:07   Link #1666
AP24

Ep 7 really was the end of Vol 2. Only 5 episodes left in this cour and I don't think Vol 3 will be covered in 5 episodes. So either there will be anime original episodes or this cour will end in the middle of Vol 4.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 07:10   Link #1667
zztop

Asterisk's author, Miyazaki Yuu, will be attending this year's Anime Festival Asia in Singapore. If anyone here's going, this could be a good opportunity to ask questions.

Also, a pic of the LN author in the flesh.
http://animefestival.asia/afasg15/project/yuu-miyazaki/
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 10:23   Link #1668
NWJY
Newbei Enter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Asterisk's author, Miyazaki Yuu, will be attending this year's Anime Festival Asia in Singapore. If anyone here's going, this could be a good opportunity to ask questions.

Also, a pic of the LN author in the flesh.
http://animefestival.asia/afasg15/project/yuu-miyazaki/
Too bad i cannot go...............
NWJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-16, 17:07   Link #1669
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Summaries are pretty cool, since I don't know what going on in later vols of Asterisk as well. Unfortunately Gakusen will prob take a while to get tled since we got Madan and especially Saijaku sitting on the back burner.
Old 2015-11-16, 20:45   Link #1670
carmolita

Call me crazy but I re read all of the novels this weekend and it was even better the second time around and I was enlightened further...

Some of the things that I noticed was that
1) Ayato has no idea what his true power is because Haruka bound it before he could develop it. after he beat up the boys in the dojo for saying bad things about his sister whom they never met.. His father and haruka were worried that he may use his power at the wrong time even if it was for the right reasons and get in trouble because he was a starpulse/Genestella child which had severe punishments attached to it, and they worried he would be drawn into fights even if he tried to avoid them. So Haruka sealed his powers. Although I think that is part of the reason I don't think that was the complete reason. When he partially released his seal and julis asked if that was his true power. He said that he can't say it's his true power because it has been bound.

2) I also realized that Ayato feels soo guilty and It's part of the reason why he is drawn to Julis. His sister Haruka was a very powerful Strega and hated her power and never used it except on Ayato. Which is why it was so shocking to him. One of the reasons he trained so hard as a child was because he wanted to get stronger to protect his sister whom he loved more than anyone else, above everyone else and she was more important to him than anyone in the world. He had such unshakeable faith and belief in her that he didn't question her motives in sealing him nor the reason she left 5 years ago. But when he met Julis he was surprised/ or in awe to see another strega (because the only other one he had seen was his sister) and he was drawn to her will and determination to protect those close to her because she reminded him of his sister. Protecting Julis is his chance to get it right and not make the same mistake again because he failed in protecting his sister (so it says in the novel as his feelings). He only wants to be her strength through the first two battles the phoenix and the gryps because he knows she will have to fight the last one alone. I don't think Ayato is focused on a serious relationship with anyone. But I do think that he will end up with someone most likely Julis but only after he has resolved the issues with his sister because haruka told him that he is a boy and that one day he will find what's important to him. But I think that he is far from realizing those feelings yet

I thought it was so cute that he dreams of his sister often but doesn't want anyone to see his feelings for her and the reason he trains every morning is because of haruka it's something she did with him. But Saya is the only one who seems to realize how hard it is for him. I think in his mind he always thought that she was just away somewhere and harbored those feelings of abandonment because she didn't try to come back. Only when he realized that something truly bad had happened to her...that it sort of feels like the other way around

but now after seeing the illustrations for book 8 I have this theory:

Has anyone noticed that the events in the very beginning of episode 1 the dual in the eclipse is not in the first seven novels. But the Guy who fought haruka appears to be the one in the illustration of book 8~ I think its the chairman mediath who fought her 5 yrs ago. In the anime it looks like haruka bound him with her power and then perhaps bound herself later after she was stabbed by his sword. Since they know that ayato himself is bound and is now finding ways to undue his chains, they don't really need haruka anymore but she is becoming useful to them now because ayato is fighting for her.
In the novel it described haruka as being really depressed before telling ayato that she is going to protect him. I wondering if someone found out about her being a strega and having this massive power and entrapped her somehow or blackmailed her, and she bound ayato's powers as a way of hiding him especially since he was not allowed to train with other's. I'm thinking that Ayato may be a Dante...

What I really like that the author has done is that haruka was 16 or 17 when she left and right now her body is practically frozen in time at that age and now Ayato is the same age as when she left ..you can only participate in the festa until the age of 22 ..I wouldn't be surprised if when she awakes she can battle for revenge in the very last festa ~ and perhaps ayato can protect her from her enemies and absolve his guilt

Last edited by carmolita; 2015-11-17 at 10:17.
Old 2015-11-17, 09:16   Link #1671
black prince
Lost Child

@carmolita
Little correction, Strega are girls. It's Dante for boys
Old 2015-11-17, 10:14   Link #1672
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince View Post
@carmolita
Thank you soo much. I can't believe I missed that .. I corrected it

I would love to read your theory on what happened with haruka and her relationship with her brother
Old 2015-11-17, 11:50   Link #1673
zedex

Quote:
@carmolita
Really?! That's not how I understood though.
I don't know why but I understood it as "Strega = offensive" while "Dante = manipulative" and it "just so happens" that Stregas were all Female and Dantes, male until now... hmm.

What I mean by offensive vs manipulative, is that "offensive magic" like fire blasts and poison fogs that directly deals damage to the opponent (or heal... like Priscilla), whereas "manipulative magic" is basically what we've seen: controlling inanimate objects, summoning magical creatures, creating armor plating, up to a point an entire armored horse, etc. Then again... it would explain Sylvia's ability as a Strega... which is somewhat "manipulative" as well.

I don't know where I got that from, but that's how I've read the books... I did think it weird how they labeled "Strega" as a "Witch" and wondered what male "witches" were like... LOL guess it makes sense now. /facepalm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
@zedex Thank you soo much for the summaries

Spoiler for book 8:
If so what was his reaction??
To be perfectly honest, I don't remember, or rather, I didn't understand the description of his reaction clearly enough to have remembered it.

I think he just took it and thanked Saya, with a [enter an emotion] face. or something along that line.

Last edited by zedex; 2015-11-17 at 12:04.
zedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 12:01   Link #1674
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I would love to read your theory on what happened with haruka and her relationship with her brother
Quote:
her relationship with her brother
You ever watched/read Aki-Sora?
Hakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 12:11   Link #1675
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
Everything but that ending. I mean it.
Old 2015-11-17, 12:35   Link #1676
black prince
Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedex View Post
Really?! That's not what I understood though.
I don't know why but I understood it as "Strega = offensive" while "Dante = manipulative" and it "just so happens" that Stregas were all Female and Dantes, male until now... hmm.
Strega=/=offensive. Sylvia and Haruka (Ayato's sister) are manipulative type and there's also Priscilla, a regenerative type
Old 2015-11-17, 13:46   Link #1677
carmolita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cake-Carrot View Post
No I haven't seen it...

What's drawing me to this brother sister relationship more is the twist the author did.. I haven't seen this before....

In the novel Haruka is 16 or 17 when she left home which made ayato 11 or 12.. Now she still has the appearance of a 16 or 17 year old, because in a sense her power made time stop for her and now ayato is 16 or 17. So even though she is older than him in years, physically and mentally their now the same age. This gives the storylines so much promise.. because now their can be even more interaction between the characters..
Old 2015-11-17, 16:01   Link #1678
zedex

Quote:
Strega=/=offensive. Sylvia and Haruka (Ayato's sister) are manipulative type and there's also Priscilla, a regenerative type
yeah... it make sense now... I don't know how I missed that.
zedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 20:59   Link #1679
KnightShade

so with 5 episodes left, how do you see anime continuing?

i'd say cover volume 3 as usual and end partwy through 4 as a cliffy to lead into the next cour ala SAO or Fate.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-17, 22:06   Link #1680
Phantomlurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
so with 5 episodes left, how do you see anime continuing?

i'd say cover volume 3 as usual and end partwy through 4 as a cliffy to lead into the next cour ala SAO or Fate.
I say next ep is filler and vol 3 takes 4 full episodes. The public discovery of ayato's limits and dirk knowing haruka for the other public are too good of a stoping point.

Tags
alternate history, fantasy, harem, school life