AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-02, 18:41   Link #1661
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed about that dialog too.

The Argent guy should have said something like, "You should head over that way, you'll find those cursed like you." and the DK should have been like "Welcome sister..." and "...suffer well." and "I remember you at Lights Hope, sister."
Old 2008-12-02, 19:21   Link #1662
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's probably just your server, because I've never seen the meatloaf one and get the Northern Stew one nearly every day. Which is horrible, because it takes 12 Chilled Meat. Every single day. Very annoying. Well, random is random.
Yike....I have no right to complain then. O_O Considering the Meatloaf takes only 2 Chilled Meat and finding 4 Mushrooms in a sewer and the stew is 4 meat and 4 carrots from Crystalsong River...Well...sounds like getting a spread is a common problem.
Old 2008-12-02, 19:51   Link #1663
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
The 'Ebon Watcher' in Icecrown remembers you as a Death Knight, I believe even his quest dialog is unique, since he references you as being at Lights Hope, and other stuff no normal character could have done.

Which I think is really cool.

I think even Thassarian remembers DK's. As well as talking about the quest-line from Borean.
No I don't believe Thassarian does. Nor does the Lich King's image acknowledge you. I did it on my paladin and death knight, the quest was identical in both.

@Mr Hat:
Yeah he should've. And when you had to get info on the Scarlet Onslaught you should've been able to tell him then... But that might give Death Knights a tiny easy advantage in an easy quest

Same with the Saronite. Your armor was MADE of the stuff. You should know what it looks like! :P
Old 2008-12-02, 20:01   Link #1664
LuckyShine

i Promiced myself i will stick to warhammer, then i find myself looking at the install screen of lich king, i guess its try once and addict...
LuckyShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 21:29   Link #1665
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

There is no escape.....

Got "the Explorer" today. Should get my letter and tabard in the mail in a bit.

Attempting to get the Loremaster title, but it is going to take a long time back in the old world. I started doing the Dwarven-Gnomish starting quests just to get them done. Only another 200 or so to go in the Eastern Kindgom, and 500 in Kalimdor....plus a few handfuls in most of the Outland zones plus a lot in Shadowmoon Valley (did most of my leveling in the Neatherstorm and Nagrand, with a tad of the Blade Edge Mountains).
Old 2008-12-03, 08:26   Link #1666
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I'm willing to do Loremaster of Northrend. But not all 3 continents.

Decided to take my Druid to Northrend once I started hearing about what Alchemy is like in this expansion. It took me just over 4 hours to get form 70-71...It took me double that on my Mage! Maybe rest XP help, but somehow, knowing where targets were and the fact there's 1/10 of the players there were in that zone at the start...seems to make a huge difference.

Decided to burn a bit of gold to get Alchemy to 400 to unlock the Northrend Alchem Research ability. I.e. Combine 12 Goldclover, 12 Adder's Tongue, 4 Talandra's Rose, 4 Tiger Lily and 4 Enchanted Vials to learn a recipe unique to discovery which can only be learnt by using this ability. 1 week cooldown. My first discovery - Powerful Rejuvenation Potion. Restores 2750-4150 health and mana. 2 Talendra's Rose, 2 Lichbloom, 1 Enchanted Vial. What is concerning me atm is I can't find a proper Northrend Alchemy list that combines the trainer and discovery recipes. Which now leaves me wondering...just how many are there to be found? Especially if the cooldown is one week...Either way, unlocking it now will make sure I can keep up in that profession too.

Edit - I did find one. And I counted 18 on that list that were discovery based. There could be more. A lot to be unlocked there.

PS. Is anyone having major lag problems in Dalaran on a regular basis? I'm not that keen on going there lately. I was prevented from using my Mage for several hours today because it just couldn't handle Dalaran in the afternoon.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2008-12-03 at 08:38.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 09:37   Link #1667
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Is anyone having major lag problems in Dalaran on a regular basis
My computer is fairly good, 60 fps and all that all over the place 30 in raids and so on during fights, but when I fly into Dalaran its like flying into a brick wall for a good 20 seconds until the computer can render it all. Apparently Dalaran has this 'issue' where it causes much lag and stuttering for people trying to arrive or leave the city.

Connection lag though nah I haven't noticed anything really. Funnily enough Proudmoore has been behaving itself more or less except for a little bit the other day, ofc, my normal pings are ~220 since I live in Australia. Americans have no right to complain about 'lag'!

Dalaran is smaller then Shatt was, so people are a lot more tightly packed together. There are also a lot more NPC's patrolling around. All in all its an awesome city and I really love the feel of it but it isn't all that forgiving to people on older computers or bad connections.

Quote:
If heaven exists, I hope it looks exactly like Sholazar Basin! ^^
You mean Saronite Basin?

But it is a very pretty, and primordial zone. Grizzly Hills and Storm Peaks are my fav probably.
Old 2008-12-03, 12:04   Link #1668
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
I'm willing to do Loremaster of Northrend. But not all 3 continents.
It will take time, but since I'm not a raider and am on a PvE server I think I can do it. I wonder if holiday quests count (probably not) since there is usually one or two tiny quets per zone each holiday.
Old 2008-12-03, 12:39   Link #1669
krisslanza

Doing the Loremasters won't be so bad... Well depending. If you're a Death Knight, then it'll be living hell since you have basically... 1,000 quests to do in old content that is going to be all grey to you pretty much.

Outlands will be bad too but you might have some finished in it... Northrend Loremaster will be caek
Old 2008-12-03, 12:45   Link #1670
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well even grey quests net you experiance...if you aren't 80 yet. It might be only 10 XP, but it is something. Doing all the exploring in Northrend last night got me another 10% towards 78. I do enjoy having my epic flying machine back in service though. It makes some quests a whole lot easier...and makes mining and gas hunting quicker as well.

The cooking dailies would explain why I was able to sell a full stack of some meats for 60+ gold one day and not even for 4 gold the next.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-12-03 at 13:03.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-03, 14:26   Link #1671
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
I'll be needing to do the Northrend Loremaster for sure on my main. Apparently the epic BoE tailoring backs require certain achievements to be learned once you reach 420. The healing back requires Northrend Dungeonmaster (complete all normal instances, not raids) and the DPS back requires Northrend Loremaster. I'm still waiting for the dual-spec system to be implemented because to go back quested as holy spec is not going to be very fun to do...
Evangelion Xgouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 03:12   Link #1672
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

How is the questing in Zul’Drak? I'm about to start in there and the place looks kind of daunting from flying around earlier. Some kind of feeling I got from Icecrown. The Storm Peaks are just huge, so I 'm not all that sure what to do yet (flying to all those Titan structures....those thing are huge and sprawling in the north. Even with a 280% flying mount it seemed to take forever to get across that zone).

Come to think of it, if we ever got flying in the old world...the Barrens would take forever to go from north to south.
Old 2008-12-04, 03:21   Link #1673
Westlo
Lets be reality

Dalaran is horribly laggy, reminds me of when I use to play with 12 fps back in vanilla wow on Proudmoore...
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 04:05   Link #1674
Xacual

ZulDrak is probably one of the best questing zones leveling. Lots of quests can be done together, and most of the stuff is very close to the quest giver.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 05:42   Link #1675
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Well, I am now at 79 DK, after trying to do Unholy(Did some elite quest by myself but I miss the high crit numbers and I dont lose any health, I went back to Blood) but now the only problem is now, I have to get 5k for Epic Flying , so I can fly around Storm Peak without take me a hour or two to get to a place.

Also did the COT Strath, I felt like I want to wash myself with gasoline and lighten a match, i know that they was tainted but there was some that wasnt and still have to killed them, they did a good job about it.
Old 2008-12-04, 06:04   Link #1676
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Well, I am now at 79 DK, after trying to do Unholy(Did some elite quest by myself but I miss the high crit numbers and I dont lose any health, I went back to Blood) but now the only problem is now, I have to get 5k for Epic Flying , so I can fly around Storm Peak without take me a hour or two to get to a place.
I mixed Unholy with Blood, going deep enough into blood to get Bladed Armor and Improved Rune Tap, and added a sprankle 8 points in Frost, increasing Icy Touch damage by 30% and getting a nice armor buff. You have to sacrifice some of the deeper Unholy talents (no unholy ground for me, for example. Though I did get the AMF, Night of the Dead and the next three points will yield Wandering Plague, which were probably my most wanted talents in Unholy anyway) but the DPS and survivabillity payoff is very satisfying.

Here's my current build to give you a few ideas, being 77, I'm only missing the three points in Wandering Plague.

Of course, this build is 100% personal preference. I didn't take any 'must do this for instances/raids' talks into concideration. This is merely a build I find comfortable leveling and instancing with.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-12-04 at 06:25.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-04, 06:44   Link #1677
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
While Unholy may not regenerate as much health as Blood, I do like the considerable AoE power. If anything, I found Blood to be slight overkill in self-healing. Additionally, Bone Shield is nice for when there's no tanks lfg and I want to do an instance heh.
Old 2008-12-04, 09:35   Link #1678
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
How is the questing in Zul’Drak? I'm about to start in there and the place looks kind of daunting from flying around earlier. Some kind of feeling I got from Icecrown. The Storm Peaks are just huge, so I 'm not all that sure what to do yet (flying to all those Titan structures....those thing are huge and sprawling in the north. Even with a 280% flying mount it seemed to take forever to get across that zone).

Come to think of it, if we ever got flying in the old world...the Barrens would take forever to go from north to south.
I hear in Storm Peaks you get to Grapple from Dragon to Dragon or something to move around in one quest or... something.
Old 2008-12-04, 14:10   Link #1679
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If one considers the pattern in a lot of these quest chains (the whole player is duped into helping someone do something evil or take over a civilization without realizing it until the end of the chain, and then having to go correct your mistake half the time), I get a bad feeling about were the End Game content could go in terms of the Old Gods and the Lich King himself.

It is almost like the plan is to have the players be the final doom of the world of warcraft.
Old 2008-12-04, 16:00   Link #1680
Alaya
Counter Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I hear in Storm Peaks you get to Grapple from Dragon to Dragon or something to move around in one quest or... something.
Spoiler for Dragon's Quest:

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Alaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows