AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2016-06-28, 09:45   Link #1661
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
WTF is a zenkai? i read the manga for over 20 years and have no idea what is that
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichiryuushintei View Post
I think it's the boost saiyans get when they survive a near death experience.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Maybe Future Trunks can consider live in Present timeline since there is no one waiting for him in the future anymore.
They've yet to do anything that truly negates the End of Z. If they did this, it would negate it. I know there are many who want that to happen, but it won't. They'll probably find some way to restore the future to how it was before Black invaded. Or at least maybe give Trunks info on how to get to New Namek.
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 13:46   Link #1662
Robotech Master

Zenkai is fanon term for Saiyan power up from near death experience or battle wounds.

That's why you've never actually heard it from the manga.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 14:22   Link #1663
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Zenkai is fanon term for Saiyan power up from near death experience or battle wounds.

That's why you've never actually heard it from the manga.
What? No, zenkai is an actual Japanese word that means complete recovery of health. The power up after a near death experience is a power up sayans get after a complete recovery of health, a zenkai power up.

You won't find the word "zenkai" in the translation of the manga simply because it has been translated to what it means in English.
Old 2016-06-28, 14:56   Link #1664
Blueknight78

ok first to be fair i really like dragon ball series and all but, whenever i learn more about sayans the more i feel like akira just make a big rip of superman(really no bash) just thinking on how broken the saya race is, where they don't have limits to how to become overpower exactly like kryptonians, or the fact which goku come from earth as a baby like superman and how peoples keep fighting over who will wins in a battle(goku x superman), bur really akira really drink a bull bottle from dc when creating dragon ball.
Old 2016-06-28, 14:59   Link #1665
GDB

There hasn't really been anything "new" about Saiyans since Battle of Gods (with its Super Saiyan God). Even SSGSS is just the former combined with Super Saiyan. So not sure what exactly you're complaining about...
Old 2016-06-28, 16:23   Link #1666
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
There hasn't really been anything "new" about Saiyans since Battle of Gods (with its Super Saiyan God). Even SSGSS is just the former combined with Super Saiyan. So not sure what exactly you're complaining about...
i'm just talking about how op is the race in general:
if they train they become more strong, if they fight they can become more strong as more hard is the battle, is they lose even die but come back they also become more strong, they have the super powerup, it's like sayan make the krypton race looks very weak because super only source of power is sun power which can make him strong overtime based on how much power he take, but if you take away they power source they become pretty weak, but sayan no, they just become more and more powerfull overtime, like goku and vegita, specially goku are almost close to become strong as beerus(goku already have the kaioken to make him more close to beerus), then they next step will be whiss then that guardians of the big god and finally the big god itself, it's really feel like sayans don't have any limits and power level of then is really super broken.
Old 2016-06-28, 18:59   Link #1667
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
What? No, zenkai is an actual Japanese word that means complete recovery of health. The power up after a near death experience is a power up sayans get after a complete recovery of health, a zenkai power up.

You won't find the word "zenkai" in the translation of the manga simply because it has been translated to what it means in English.
It means "Full release." Yes I'm aware its a word, buts its never used as the reference in Dragonball Manga

"Zenkai (全開; lit. "Full Release") is a Saiyan genetic trait that allows their power to increase substantially after recovering from near fatal injuries. This trait is not exclusive to pure-blooded Saiyans like the lack of hair growth is, as even clones with partial Saiyan genetic data have this ability as well. Examples are half-breed Saiyans, such as Gohan, and the biological menace Cell.

This ability has never been given an official name (other than being referred to as "Saiyan Power" in Battle of Z), but it is usually referred to as "Zenkai"[2] by the fandom."
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 19:10   Link #1668
Kazu-kun

^ I don't know where you got those kanji. I was talking about 全快, not 全開.
Old 2016-06-28, 19:21   Link #1669
Blueknight78

another thing which i was curious about it what happened with they "tails"????, like gohan, like vegitta, goku i remember something about piccolo side making something to prevent his tail grow again but about the others what happened which they don't have anymore tails???? it's suddenly stopped to grow?? or they just keep cutting it???, and why gotens and trunk don't have one??? since gohan get one then they also where supposed to get one tail too.
Old 2016-06-28, 19:25   Link #1670
Kazu-kun

^ My take on the tail thing is that if you cut the tail of a child sayan, it will grow again. You'd have to cut it multiple times before it stop growing back. On the other hand, if you cut the tail of an adult sayan, it won't grow back anymore.

That's just my take though.
Old 2016-06-28, 19:31   Link #1671
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Now that Future Trunks has seen SSJ3, maybe he'll reach SSJ3 soon.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-28, 19:36   Link #1672
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
^ My take on the tail thing is that if you cut the tail of a child sayan, it will grow again. You'd have to cut it multiple times before it stop growing back. On the other hand, if you cut the tail of an adult sayan, it won't grow back anymore.

That's just my take though.
hmmm since gt is not canon anymore then can make sense, because in gt the tails come back to be able to turn in ssj4.

Then when you go back to the battle of gods arc, when goku and vegita talked wit the eart 6 sayan about they don't have a tails is weird cuz they also don't have a tailz too, then they could not have right to talk about it lol.
Old 2016-06-28, 22:01   Link #1673
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

I think i want to buy Black as Goten
Excluding the cliches, it can be a drama for Goku family, especially for Goku himself
For whole time we know Goku is battle maniac that always excited to fight any enemies, his love for battle above his love to his own family which often made us questioned his care for his own family,now how he will handle his turned Vader son?
will Goku still able to retain his excitement when he learn his son is a psycho who has destroyed countless worlds and countless people, worstly he killed his best friend Bulma in the future and it can be possible Goten killed his family in his own timeline.
This can be opportunity to see Goku development as father that we have been waiting for long.
It also can serve as ironic opposite symbol for Goten and Trunks future fate, Trunks is hero who want to stop dystopia future but Goten is villain who bring dystopia future.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 08:33   Link #1674
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Excluding the cliches, it can be a drama for Goku family, especially for Goku himself
For whole time we know Goku is battle maniac that always excited to fight any enemies, his love for battle above his love to his own family which often made us questioned his care for his own family,now how he will handle his turned Vader son?
will Goku still able to retain his excitement when he learn his son is a psycho who has destroyed countless worlds and countless people, worstly he killed his best friend Bulma in the future and it can be possible Goten killed his family in his own timeline.
This can be opportunity to see Goku development as father that we have been waiting for long.
It also can serve as ironic opposite symbol for Goten and Trunks future fate, Trunks is hero who want to stop dystopia future but Goten is villain who bring dystopia future.
Welcome to the party.

Goku: Goten, why you became evil?
Goten: Because you are not a good father.
Vegeta: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 08:43   Link #1675
GDB

The only problem I have with Black being Goten is why did Gohan not know he had a brother? There's a good 5-6 months from the time Goku died to when the Androids appeared. Chi-Chi would have been obviously pregnant during that time.
Old 2016-06-29, 10:39   Link #1676
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Frankly, I'm betting Black is an answer to a question I've heard people asking for a long time: if Goku turned good because of a really hard knock on the head, what would happen if he got a hard enough knock again? Through some unknown bit of time travel a version of Goku developed that was knocked back into evil, which then traveled the universe destroying planets because after the knock his mind had reset to that original setting, with the sole instinct to kill all inhabitants of any planet he sees and leave it open for development. The only question here then is how he came to view this as "justice".
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 11:34   Link #1677
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
It means "Full release." Yes I'm aware its a word, buts its never used as the reference in Dragonball Manga

"Zenkai (全開; lit. "Full Release") is a Saiyan genetic trait that allows their power to increase substantially after recovering from near fatal injuries. This trait is not exclusive to pure-blooded Saiyans like the lack of hair growth is, as even clones with partial Saiyan genetic data have this ability as well. Examples are half-breed Saiyans, such as Gohan, and the biological menace Cell.

This ability has never been given an official name (other than being referred to as "Saiyan Power" in Battle of Z), but it is usually referred to as "Zenkai"[2] by the fandom."
how did the fandom came up with this term where the meaning is totally un related.
Zenkai means Full power or full throttle. ala the theme song that came after Cha La Head Cha L, Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power!
:uhh:
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-29, 11:36   Link #1678
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
u r thinking too much, Goku will just want to fight him and every else will come naturally. handling problem is not part of his character.
Old 2016-06-29, 11:39   Link #1679
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i'm just talking about how op is the race in general:
if they train they become more strong, if they fight they can become more strong as more hard is the battle, is they lose even die but come back they also become more strong, they have the super powerup, it's like sayan make the krypton race looks very weak because super only source of power is sun power which can make him strong overtime based on how much power he take, but if you take away they power source they become pretty weak, but sayan no, they just become more and more powerfull overtime, like goku and vegita, specially goku are almost close to become strong as beerus(goku already have the kaioken to make him more close to beerus), then they next step will be whiss then that guardians of the big god and finally the big god itself, it's really feel like sayans don't have any limits and power level of then is really super broken.
Thats not really true as Goku lost his first 2 Budokai and also lost to cell. And normal saiyan are well just normal like his father can't even lift a finger against Freeza and the King is useless.
Goku is just that oddball.
Old 2016-06-29, 13:31   Link #1680
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenable View Post
how did the fandom came up with this term where the meaning is totally un related.
Zenkai means Full power or full throttle. ala the theme song that came after Cha La Head Cha L, Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power!
:uhh:
Those are the wrong kanji. The ability is called zenkai in reference to the word 全快 which means full health recovery.

The zenkai you're talking about is 全開 from the lyrics of Detekoi Tobikiri Zenkai Power. Whoever wrote the wiki article mistook the kanji and probably made up the whole story.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy