Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2016-11-09, 01:53   Link #1661
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I'm ashamed to be affiliated with a bunch of racists. The GOP and the majority of white males in this country are a bunch of white nationalists. End of story.

Basic human decency died in America today.
What happened today is the start of the death of human decency in many countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
But you leftists never cared to find out what the middle class goes through. This is how Trump even came to be, and why he is now going to be President #45.
You're fooling yourself. Trump was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and another one up in his ass.

There has been lots of people saying that there is a need for workers and middle class people to evolve towards something higher rather than stick to their old jobs. Reality has changed, but too many people are still stuck in a different decade. Keep blaming on the president, it's easy for you to say. But where is the blame that has to be laid against the fools who make most of the Senate and the House? Those are republicans and their loyalty has never been towards the country.

It's the right that started the decline of American economy from the moment Reagan killed the auto industry in the 1980s.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:54   Link #1662
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
I don't know what's worse right now, staying up late into the night to personally see the moment trump wins the election, or go to sleep now, and wake up to a America with trump as president
I'm not even bothering to watch the speeches. Just too depressed right now.

Oh and thanks a lot, James Comey and the FBI, Wikileaks and I guess freaking Russia? Your shitshow over last 2 years actually amounted to something.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:56   Link #1663
MCAL

https://mobile.twitter.com/ellenchil...07943008079872

To those thinking Pence could help... well... WRONG!!
Old 2016-11-09, 01:56   Link #1664
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Freedom, Liberty, Small Government, low taxes, low regulations, it's okay if Europe doesnt understand. It's why America, is America. And why we have been the leaders of the world over the last century. Europe has higher taxes, less productivity, less creativity and inovation, you don't have a real military to protect you from Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, or any other rogue state. You rely on the U.S. to do the heavy lifting.
This kind of arrogance is why US popularity in Europe is at an all-time low. But it's okay.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:57   Link #1665
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Europe has higher taxes, less productivity, less creativity and inovation, you don't have a real military to protect you from Iran, Russia, China, North Korea, or any other rogue state. You rely on the U.S. to do the heavy lifting.
But we do have a working health care system.

Not that I agree with the rest of your post either.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:58   Link #1666
sasoras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I'm not even bothering to watch the speeches. Just too depressed right now.

Oh and thanks a lot, James Comey and the FBI, Wikileaks and I guess freaking Russia? Your shitshow amounted to something.

Wikileaks reported on the truth, like they did against the Russians, and against bush.

You should blame Hillary Clinton herself for her poor judgement, and decisions, rather than everyone else.

Ignoring all the dirt, we can at least agree she made terrible campaign decisions, and actions, prior to running. That alienated a lot of her base.

The move with Tim Kaine and DWS to name a few.
Old 2016-11-09, 01:59   Link #1667
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Spoiler for size:

Man, look at those numbers. Never thought that just betting on white voters would let Trump win this election but he truly did won it with nearly only white votes.
I have to vent myself and say it now: F***ING C***S!
Old 2016-11-09, 02:03   Link #1668
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
This kind of arrogance is why US popularity in Europe is at an all-time low. But it's okay.
I'm perfectly fine with that.

Middle America does NOT want to be Europe 2.0
Old 2016-11-09, 02:03   Link #1669
James Rye

I'm not living in such a bubble, just living in germany where public healthcare allowed me to still have my lovely little brother around me who got diagnosed with blood cancer. When we heard how much his treatment would cost, or how much a single day in the hospital costs alone, we were shocked. My parents all got a university degree, working in good jobs, but even that would have not been enough to cover the costs. Only with the public healthcare we had we were able to pay for it all, to see my little brother get better and be able to go back to school, having to take pills everyday (which would cost like 400 euro per month!) but being able to live a normal life and actually be able to grow old and not die at the age of 13.

That's why I never understood how Americans can be so caring by spending so much money, clothes and food and help people in need but when it comes to pay money to help everybody, even a stranger on the other coast it is suddenly the devil's work.

And while I can understand you being angry to have to pay so much for something so inefficient, shouldn't you also be angry at the Republicans who blocked that Healthcare for a whole year? The original Healthcare I read about was a whole lot less costing and spread the cost on more shoulders than just the middle class. Only after Obama watered down that Healthcare for like 8 times it finally got through with a minimum of republican support. So you can't put the whole blame on that only on Obama.
I'm sure that guy would have loved to give both you AND Neki an affordable healthcare, but this was just the best he could get outta the system. It was a start, not a perfect start, but at least a try to better America for its coming changes.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:07   Link #1670
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I'm perfectly fine with that.

Middle America does NOT want to be Europe 2.0
No problem with that. Thing is, Central Europeans don't want to be America 2.0 either but unlike you they aren't going out there arrogantly proclaiming they are the best thing to have ever descended upon this planet.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:08   Link #1671
justinstrife

Quote:
I'm not living in such a bubble, just living in germany where public healthcare allowed me to still have my lovely little brother around me who got diagnosed with blood cancer. When we heard how much his treatment would cost, or how much a single day in the hospital costs alone, we were shocked. My parents all got a university degree, working in good jobs, but even that would have not been enough to cover the costs. Only with the public healthcare we had we were able to pay for it all, to see my little brother get better and be able to go back to school, having to take pills everyday (which would cost like 400 euro per month!) but being able to live a normal life and actually be able to grow old and not die at the age of 13.

That's why I never understood how Americans can be so caring by spending so much money, clothes and food and help people in need but when it comes to pay money to help everybody, even a stranger on the other coast it is suddenly the devil's work.

And while I can understand you being angry to have to pay so much for something so inefficient, shouldn't you also be angry at the Republicans who blocked that Healthcare for a whole year? The original Healthcare I read about was a whole lot less costing and spread the cost on more shoulders than just the middle class. Only after Obama watered down that Healthcare for like 8 times it finally got through with a minimum of republican support. So you can't put the whole blame on that only on Obama.
I'm sure that guy would have loved to give both you AND Neki an affordable healthcare, but this was just the best he could get outta the system. It was a start, not a perfect start, but at least a try to better America for its coming changes.
Only half of America wants Universal Health Care. The other half does not. This is a battle of two Americas. I really wish we could just split the two in half and be done with it.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:10   Link #1672
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:

Excellent testimony, Jim.

There is one thing called humanism, and there is a blatant lack of. It's baffling to see so few Americans putting second thoughts about investing into things that actually helps people and saves lives.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:11   Link #1673
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakurin-san View Post
No problem with that. Thing is, Central Europeans don't want to be America 2.0 either but unlike you they aren't going out there arrogantly proclaiming they are the best thing to have ever descended upon this planet.
For the record, I don't want Europe to be America 2.0 either. Let each country be it's own identity.

I break from a lot of Republicans when it comes to foreign policy. The thing is, Conservatives in America have no other country to go to for our ideals. America is it. The left here, have plenty of places they could move to for what they want. If you want big government, you can find it anywhere in the world. If you want Freedom and liberty and capitalism, this is it for us.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:12   Link #1674
ValvraveTruth

Sad news that trumps going to be the president, and congratz him at the same time. With no political experience whatsoever able to be the leader of the world strongest country.

Either way both trump and Hillary are the lesser evil, whoever you vote are just not good enough. Lets face it, many citizens vote for trump not because of his policies and stuffs but only the name "trump". I can also understand why the white poeple vote for Trump, all his focus do go to more domestic side and Hillary's is more towards to foreign international.

At the same time because he keep calling Hillary the liar, which can psycho other people to really think Hillary a liar when people vote on the spot and then not vote for her, a very old tactic. Well ITS TRUE that Hillary did lie in some aspects.

Instead of focusing on their face value, citizens should weight both of their policies that will shape the Americas future. Sadly that is not the case, no matter how you see and how you try to run through the policies, Hillary's plan do have the best for America.

People vote for Trump not really consider what are the consequences if Trump wins. And now we face economic downturn all over the world, when the world economy is already not stable because of the brexit and it was said bubbles going to burst long ago before the brexit talk. American citizens might not care about the view of the world on them, but the view of other countries are important to shape the economy/financial and friendships also. Russia(hard power) and China(soft power) are slowly rising, waiting for USA to take a fall in the financial crisis.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:13   Link #1675
Jaden

BTW, I believe this kind of vote will spread to Europe as well. It may be for the best that we swallow the bitter pill of nationalism now instead of letting it fester. And hopefully, there'll be time for liberalism after we get the refugee crisis under control.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:13   Link #1676
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

Did Clinton just go to bed and not talk to her supporters?
Old 2016-11-09, 02:13   Link #1677
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

As if 'the other half' wouldn't benefit from Obamacare that wasn't torpedoed at every opportunity.

The real mystery is why you guys would rather have a flawed and inefficient system rather than health care that everyone would benefit from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
BTW, I believe this kind of vote will spread to Europe as well. It may be for the best that we swallow the bitter pill of nationalism now instead of letting it fester. And hopefully, there'll be time for liberalism after we get the refugee crisis under control.
It already has. Just look at the AfD in Germany, Le Pen's popularity in France, and how in many other countries right-wing parties are gaining a lot of momentum.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:14   Link #1678
James Rye

But didn't Trump said one of the first things he will do when he is in the White House is to invite the big shots of the American industry and threaten them with punitive tariff and other stuff to force them to keep the jobs in the USA even if it means a lose to them?
Where is the freedom, liberty and capitalism in that? That's like Putin having his meeting with the Oligarchs of his country and telling them what to do.

Found a video which I found pretty heartfelt and sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OSwmysSY0
Old 2016-11-09, 02:19   Link #1679
IceHism

that feeling where we will have a republican house, senate, president, and supreme court. This is gonna last a lot longer than 4 years.
Old 2016-11-09, 02:20   Link #1680
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
But didn't Trump said one of the first things he will do when he is in the White House is to invite the big shots of the American industry and threaten them with punitive tariff and other stuff to force them to keep the jobs in the USA even if it means a lose to them?
Where is the freedom, liberty and capitalism in that? That's like Putin having his meeting with the Oligarchs of his country and telling them what to do.
Trump supporters already gave you their answer; they assume that Trump would do none of what he said he would do, and instead Trump would do what the supporters "actually" want, even though no one can agree what that is suppose to be.

The Republicans have all three branches of government now. I wonder what are they going to do, shrink the government? I doubt it. They had excuses, but now they do not. Are they going to start blaming each other for gridlock now?