AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-06-22, 00:30   Link #1661
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
I thought Beato said they saw him?
Did she? If that's the case then 'Kanon' can be considered Kanon's missing body. They found it in the kitchen and then moved it to the servants room and then hid it somewhere else.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 03:34   Link #1662
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Haha, that's like the "they saw his dead body" theory for "They saw Kinzo", but I think it works.

I should re-read EP2 if I get a chance...
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 03:42   Link #1663
Westlo
Lets be reality

Why is Battler being as naive as Ange was when Bern first came to her? If Battler proves that Beatrice and magic wasn't behind it and that someone else was it doesn't change the fact that him and his entire family die. Battler win = bad end lol... Anyway loved how Beatrice maneuvered Battler in that last tea party, don't know what her agenda is but it was still done beautifully.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 04:09   Link #1664
Valentine

Quote:
I thought Beato said they saw him?
She said that they couldn't have mistaken anyone else for Kanon. She didn't specifically say that they saw him though, so there's nothing contradicting them just lying about having seen Kanon at all.
Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 06:45   Link #1665
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Why is Battler being as naive as Ange was when Bern first came to her? If Battler proves that Beatrice and magic wasn't behind it and that someone else was it doesn't change the fact that him and his entire family die. Battler win = bad end lol... Anyway loved how Beatrice maneuvered Battler in that last tea party, don't know what her agenda is but it was still done beautifully.
Well it's not like giving up is going to be a good end either XD

But no, I don't think that will happen :P That's even too cruel for Ryukushi.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 10:48   Link #1666
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

ok so I'm probably the only Umineko fan who hasn't played the 4th game yet but I've already been spoiled since the begining... I've just finished ep3 and I have an idea... Don't know if it's already been discussed here though but this thread is too big for me to find out...

In ep3, Kyrie tells Leviathan that she had a baby around the same time Asumu did, but she had miscarriage... (I think that was it)

According to spoilers (I haven't played yet) this happened near the end of ep4:

Spoiler for Battler's existence:

So, my thought is... could Kyrie's son have survived and be this Battler? hmm, well, just a thought though... maybe someone has already posted this...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 12:22   Link #1667
Kets

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandakiara View Post
ok so I'm probably the only Umineko fan who hasn't played the 4th game yet but I've already been spoiled since the begining... I've just finished ep3 and I have an idea... Don't know if it's already been discussed here though but this thread is too big for me to find out...

In ep3, Kyrie tells Leviathan that she had a baby around the same time Asumu did, but she had miscarriage... (I think that was it)

According to spoilers (I haven't played yet) this happened near the end of ep4:

Spoiler for Battler's existence:

So, my thought is... could Kyrie's son have survived and be this Battler? hmm, well, just a thought though... maybe someone has already posted this...
Spoiler for ???:
Kets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:01   Link #1668
Chadauw

Phew, I just finished to read through those 84 pages of text.

That was a good episode. I didn't hate the parts about Ange and Maria's past, but the Goat/Krauss scene was maybe a bit too much (the Goat memories were fun though).

I don't know if I will be able to bring new theories as a lot have been discussed already but here is what I thought.

Spoiler for Gaap:

Spoiler for 07151129:

Spoiler for Jessica's call:

Spoiler for What Ange saw:

Spoiler for Ange on Rokkenjima:

Spoiler for Killer:

Spoiler for Two Battler:

Also, the little bombs theory is the best theory ever.
Chadauw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:20   Link #1669
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
Spoiler for Gaap:
Spoiler:

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 13:56   Link #1670
ClockWorkAngel
Aspiring Aspirer

Send a message via MSN to ClockWorkAngel
The suspicious details on Kanon only reinforces the Kanon = Shannon theory.

I have a feeling that Kinzo is not dead. Though it'll be tough to argue that with the red already put in place.

Credit To Risa-chan!
ClockWorkAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:03   Link #1671
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

It's also interesting to note, that, forgetting on whether or not the body is found by Battler (thereby confirming the cause of death,) I believe Kannon is always described as being staked/stabbed/ whatever in the chest. (evidenced by the body in Episodes 1 and 3, in "fantasy" scenes in 2 and 4.)

This seems to be an interesting constant.

EDIT- Also, I really hope the Kanon=Shanon theory never pans out to be true. The "secret crossdreser" plot point has been done to death in other media . (That, and I like the characters, so I'd rather they not be the same....)
lovelysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:06   Link #1672
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

That theory also makes the whole JessicaXKanon and GeorgeXShannon storyline pretty awkward. ^^;

Old 2009-06-22, 15:15   Link #1673
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadauw View Post
Also, I still want to believe that Rosa isn't that bad a mother as she is portrayed in that Episode. I think this Episode showed us what Maria thinks Rosa feels about her (cf. the scene of Maria dreaming and killing Rosa). I still want to believe some of what was shown to us in the end of Episode 2.
I feel like Rosa became a better mother at the end of EP2, but the character development didn't cross between boards (as it does for the servants).

That said, yeah, I don't think she's as bad as she appears to be, especially with the dream sequence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Though the Shannon = Gaap theory is interesting. Especially because their personalities are so different... I actually like this idea myself. Though, because their personalities are SOOOOO different... it just makes this theory stranger.

And seeing the odd ways that Kanon has died in... well, ALL of the episodes. Does he even really NEED a demon equivalent?
Well, it's not like Genji and Ronove are all that similar... Kumasawa isn't quite Virgilia, either, although the mackerel makes her the closest to her fantasy version.

Also KANON = BEATRICE
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:21   Link #1674
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
I feel like Rosa became a better mother at the end of EP2, but the character development didn't cross between boards (as it does for the servants).

That said, yeah, I don't think she's as bad as she appears to be, especially with the dream sequence.

Well, it's not like Genji and Ronove are all that similar... Kumasawa isn't quite Virgilia, either, although the mackerel makes her the closest to her fantasy version.

Also KANON = BEATRICE
They are different, I never said that Genji and Ronove were that much alike but Gaap and Shannon are like polar opposites to me. (Though... I can see similarities between Virgilia and Kumasawa)

Old 2009-06-22, 15:29   Link #1675
Danichuu

Hah, here's my shot at theorizing about Battler's identity ...

Spoiler for crackpot theory, maybe, on the Battlers:

Feel free to ignore this silly theory, here.
Danichuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:32   Link #1676
tcaz2

Quote:

I'd actually say it does. Rosa never beats Maria in 3 or 4 that I can remember, and all the scenes of Rosa being a ***** in 4 are flashbacks (which seem to be a constant, as the game board gets 'cut off' at October 4th).
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 15:33   Link #1677
lovelysan

Actually Danichuu, I've been assuming that as well. to expound--
Spoiler for weeeeee:
Old 2009-06-22, 15:48   Link #1678
Danichuu

Spoiler for lalala:
Old 2009-06-22, 15:58   Link #1679
lovelysan

Yeah, but remember, THAT marriage is six years later. The "deal" could of been made at that time, just not before.

Oh, and no,
Spoiler for Kyrie and Ange:
Old 2009-06-22, 16:55   Link #1680
Danichuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
Yeah, but remember, THAT marriage is six years later. The "deal" could of been made at that time, just not before.

Oh, and no,
Spoiler for Kyrie and Ange:
Ohhhhhh...... I need to pay more attention to what I read @_@