AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-01, 14:38   Link #1681
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Episode 2 is my favorite out of them. I found Episode 4 to be a bit too depressing, long, and confusing to enjoy as much... but that's just me. I just hope that when I'm watching the anime, I won't think "Oh gosh... okay Ange's life sucks, I get it. Move on." like I did with the game. ^^;

Old 2009-08-01, 14:42   Link #1682
June 1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Don't forget the big reveal of what "uu-uu" actually means.
Oh yes, omg. That was so heart-breaking. I can't wait to see people's response to that.
Old 2009-08-01, 14:47   Link #1683
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Episode 2 is my favorite out of them. I found Episode 4 to be a bit too depressing, long, and confusing to enjoy as much... but that's just me. I just hope that when I'm watching the anime, I won't think "Oh gosh... okay Ange's life sucks, I get it. Move on." like I did with the game. ^^;
I rarely hear VN players complain that a game is "too long"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
Oh yes, omg. That was so heart-breaking. I can't wait to see people's response to that.
Frankly, I can't wait to see gg's reaction. They keep tagging their releases with "THIS IS AN UU-UU FREE ZONE".
Old 2009-08-01, 14:55   Link #1684
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I rarely hear VN players complain that a game is "too long"...
That's mostly how I felt about Ange and Maria's backstory. But like I said, that's just me.

Old 2009-08-01, 15:11   Link #1685
MarthX

The Ange and Maria flash backs had a lot of redundancy. The anime could cut away some of it and still maintain the message.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:22   Link #1686
Mikachiru
test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
That's mostly how I felt about Ange and Maria's backstory. But like I said, that's just me.
Same here. The Komachi Ange chapters were longer then they should of been...At least I think so.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:28   Link #1687
June 1983

Most of Ryukishi's scenes are much longer than necessary, to be honest. The guy has a real gift for saying what could be summarized in 10 lines in 10 pages.
Old 2009-08-01, 15:30   Link #1688
unconfirmed

Personally, I loved those "boring" parts lol. I thought Ange's future events provided us with more details about Maria and some major clues as to what's going on. Plus, those chapters were loaded with character development.

Quote:
Most of Ryukishi's scenes are much longer than necessary, to be honest. The guy has a real gift for saying what could be summarized in 10 lines in 10 pages.
Exactly.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:15   Link #1689
Saerianne
*cackle*

I enjoyed Ange's scenes. It went for a while, I agree, but it was so sad. D:
I want to see the Uu-Uu scene, the gaapxgeorge/jessicaxronove scenes, the halloween scene, all the magical battles...
actually I want to see it all. ;_;
Old 2009-08-01, 16:19   Link #1690
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
The Ange and Maria flash backs had a lot of redundancy. The anime could cut away some of it and still maintain the message.
And that's what I'm hoping the anime does.. I liked a lot of what VN 4 did... but due to how much some scenes dragged on it's nowhere near the level that VN 3 set imo.
Old 2009-08-01, 16:38   Link #1691
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I think the scene where Maria explains to Ange that since there always has to be one kid who gets bullied in a class she choose to protect the others who would potentially be bullied.

This may end up being symbolic of what Beatrice is doing in taking the blame for all the crimes on the island. In reality she may not be responsible for any of it.

I hope that gets included in the anime.
Old 2009-08-01, 17:04   Link #1692
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
That might be true, but Ryuukishi has gotten a lot better since Higurashi.
Plus, you hardly seem to notice after the first half of each Episode, for the most part.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-08-01, 17:09   Link #1693
June 1983

Oh no, I definitely agree. I've gotten used to it, anyway. Actually, it's almost kind of charming. A lot like his art is!
Old 2009-08-01, 17:24   Link #1694
Marion
The Great Dine

I like his art too. It's not CG quality art or anything, but it does have a certain charm to it~
Old 2009-08-01, 17:36   Link #1695
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Actually I think of all the VN I've read Umineko is the one that suffers the least from redundancy. Maybe I was unlucky, but even the acclaimed Ever 17 has many parts that repeat themselves like 10 times and parts that are completely inane. It rarely happened to me to read Umineko and find myself bored but that happened to me a lot in many other VNs.

The only exception is the whole part of Maria and Ange past. I'm not saying that the story itself was bad I acually liked it, but it was a lot slower and redundant than what Ryukishi used to do.

Old 2009-08-01, 20:42   Link #1696
SealedTime
Bernkastel's Follower

I agree. Umineko is one of the VNs which you'll get hooked onto and start playing for hours. Ryukishi is teh master >__>
Old 2009-08-01, 20:50   Link #1697
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Kinda depends for me. Ange's story really dragged during the start and middle. Too much Angest at parts.
Old 2009-08-01, 21:02   Link #1698
USHIROMIYABRAWLER
Intellectual Thug

The Ange and Maria parts are the only thing that made me impatient.

Spoiler for Beato:
Old 2009-08-01, 21:35   Link #1699
MarthX

Beato was showing her moe side before getting the North Wind and Sun hint.
Old 2009-08-01, 22:18   Link #1700
USHIROMIYABRAWLER
Intellectual Thug

Yes, but what I'm saying is if she wanted to win she woulda waited until he signed before going all evil face.
Closed Thread