long wait indeed

but why wait why dont you spoil yourself with the manga
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 03:41   Link #1682
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Actually I would've let that teacher be the leader, he had the mind set needed for survival whilst I wouldn't trust him or rely on him for sympathy he has the brutal frame of mind that would let someone abandon another person for the good of the group.

I would of left that kid too, the group isn't well-established with supplies, weapons or anything he would've been too much of a hindrance at this stage. If we already had weapons, supplies and shelter then I would've helped him out but right now when the goal is running he is just going to bring people down.
My reply to your post would mirror this one below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The kid sprained his ankle. In a physically fit person, he would be better in 3 days. They were running to a bus, not running a mile. The guy wanted a meat shield and he used that kid. No excuse for what he did.

Shidou was prob using people as shields until he got out. Pushing innocents into the way of zombies until he got out I bet.
The teacher would backstab his own parents in order to survive. I'm sorry, but that's not someone you want as a leader. You want someone who looks out for the group's best interests, not his own. The kid who sprained his knee, wouldn't have been that big of a hinderence. The zombies don't move that fast, and the teacher had enough time to help him limp/run to the bus.

I'd be all for rounding up young survivors in the beginning and training them to survive long term. And even though I stated in the other thread that I'm not the most trusting person, and wouldn't follow 99.999% of leaders of groups, I would still lend help in my own way.

And yes Takahashi(sp?) was bloody awesome with that bat. Even though I own a Katana, I own 3 baseball/softball bats, and they would be my melee weapon of choice.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 03:51   Link #1683
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The most important thing a leader needs to have is the trust of the group, because otherwise no one would follow a leader they don't trust.

And by kicking that kid, Shidou shows he isn't worthy of said trust.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 04:06   Link #1684
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Actually I would've let that teacher be the leader, he had the mind set needed for survival whilst I wouldn't trust him or rely on him for sympathy he has the brutal frame of mind that would let someone abandon another person for the good of the group.

I would of left that kid too, the group isn't well-established with supplies, weapons or anything he would've been too much of a hindrance at this stage. If we already had weapons, supplies and shelter then I would've helped him out but right now when the goal is running he is just going to bring people down.

There are leaders who does that for their own self-interest or those who does that for the well being of the group.

Shidou clearly belongs to the former category. A community under his lead is bound to spiral down the shitter. Shidou is a David Koresh.

To see what is a good leader during a zombie apocalypse scenario, you look at Takashi in HoTD, or Rick in The Walking Dead.

Bottomline, I would not trust Shidou EVER. He is the kind of narcissistic dipshit who would throw a pregnant woman in a mob of zombies to save his own ass. The one everyone cheer for when zombies eat him alive while pulling his intestines and limbs. Anyone who watched Day of the Dead or Dead Set knows what kind of death I mean, that's the only kind that suits him.

Last edited by Sheba; 2010-07-22 at 04:16.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 04:21   Link #1685
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
There are leaders who does that for their own self-interest or those who does that for the well being of the group.

Shidou clearly belongs to the former category. A community under his lead is bound to spiral down the shitter. Shidou is a David Koresh.

To see what is a good leader during a zombie apocalypse scenario, you look at Takashi in HoTD, or Rick in The Walking Dead.

Bottomline, I would not trust Shidou EVER. He is the kind of narcissistic dipshit who would throw a pregnant woman in a mob of zombies to save his own ass. The one everyone cheer for when zombies eat him alive while pulling his intestines and limbs. Anyone who watched Day of the Dead or Dead Set knows what kind of death I mean, that's the only kind that suits him.
Hence the reason why I hated his guts from the moment he appeared in this anime .... if he is the villain in this story I want to see him suffer!

BTW... The worst death I've ever seen was in silent hill, specifically the part when the cult leader gets barbed wire up her p*sy goes up her torso, exits her mouth while several other threads of barbed wire go through the middle of her life and in the end split her in half.

Yeah Barbed wire deaths are something else.....

Last edited by CuXe; 2010-07-22 at 06:37.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 05:09   Link #1686
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
The one everyone cheer for when zombies eat him alive while pulling his intestines and limbs. Anyone who watched Day of the Dead or Dead Set knows what kind of death I mean, that's the only kind that suits him.
I think I'll be ready for that.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 05:29   Link #1687
klare

to survive in this show, one must learn to do things without sound, maybe silencer guns can wipe the zombies out

as for the leader candidate in this kind of situation, i think need someone who is decisive, strong and can keep everyone motivated to stay alive, definitely not that teacher
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 05:34   Link #1688
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
to survive in this show, one must learn to do things without sound, maybe silencer guns can wipe the zombies out

as for the leader candidate in this kind of situation, i think need someone who is decisive, strong and can keep everyone motivated to stay alive, definitely not that teacher
note: keep watching to know who is going to be the leader

if you want spoilers Read the manga
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 05:52   Link #1689
Circlebutton
Occasional Occasionalist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
if you want spoilers Read the manga
Cold, mate. Of course we'll find out if we keep watching. Speculating is fine here. Even having already read the comic it's still fun to see what others are imagining.
Old 2010-07-22, 06:25   Link #1690
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post

BTW... The worst death I've ever seen was in silent hill, specifically the part when the cult leader gets barbed wire up her p*sy goes up her torso, exits her mouth while several other threads of barbed wire go through the middle of her life and in he end split her in half.

Yeah Barbed wire deaths are something else.....
Well, I am speaking about the worst death in the Zombie genre, something Silent Hill is not.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 06:59   Link #1691
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I really want to know what that teacher did to Rei too. This sounds wrong, but I hope it was something truly bad so that her hate is justified.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:01   Link #1692
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I really want to know what that teacher did to Rei too. This sounds wrong, but I hope it was something truly bad so that her hate is justified.
Going by that reaction she gave, it must be something bad. I'm gonna go with something along the lines of attempted rape.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:18   Link #1693
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Going by that reaction she gave, it must be something bad. I'm gonna go with something along the lines of attempted rape.
That's what I am thinking too. And from the preview with that guy grabbing Rei and peeling her shirt down, I would say it's a safe bet.

I look forward to his demise and hope it's a brutal one.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:22   Link #1694
Wrath88
Kissing...

I doubt attempted rape would have left him as a teacher in that school. It's probably something else.
Spoiler for Possible theory:
Old 2010-07-22, 07:23   Link #1695
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

Quote:
Exactly. I mean giving bad grades and being an ass doesn't justify her reaction, it certainly had to be something along those lines. Just the thought is enough to infuriate me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
I doubt attempted rape would have left him as a teacher in that school. It's probably something else.
Nahh I bet that a guy such as that "teacher" can blackmail his way out of anything
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 07:23   Link #1696
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I thought she stayed back on purpose to be with Hisashi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuXe View Post
Exactly. I mean giving bad grades and being an ass doesn't justify her reaction, it certainly had to be something along those lines. Just the thought is enough to infuriate me.
Yeah, it pissed me off too. I already feel the rage coming.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:34   Link #1697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I look forward to his demise and hope it's a brutal one.
I actually don't dislike Shidou, and look forward to seeing what else he'll do that will annoy the viewers.

Plus hearing Taniyama Kishou voice him is such a treat.
Old 2010-07-22, 07:42   Link #1698
fukarming

The only negative thing the Shido actually do is kick the down student so far, his theatrics, while clearly showing us he is the villain, is more the idea of the director other than the evil he actually does. HOTD is not a very deep show (not that it is bad). The director wants us to focus on the blood and boobs (the director even admit it himself) rather than thinking what is right and wrong. Even in real life, when the politician gives the speech (and it is reported faithfully), the different hard photo accompany his speech can give an opposite idea of the speech to different audience. (Check out those photos of pro/anti Bush/ Obama and you can see what I mean)

So all of you here are saying Shido should help the kid up and let himself devour by zombies? The kid is not just down, HE TWISTED HIS LEGS!!! Meaning he cannot run at all. Helping him up, given that Shido is not some expert fighter like Saeko (I doubt even Saeko can save that kid) I cannot think of any other way to survive.

That down student is clinging to Shido's leg. Do you REALLY think if Shido reason with him, the student would let go of Shido's leg? It seems like we are watching a different show, many of Shido's hater think that Shido can help the kid but he didn't, which I totally disagree. Shido's only choice is to let the kid drag down with him (and given he is not the main character, he is not gonna to get supernatural savior to help him) or abandon the kid. Given the kid clinging to him, he can only kick the kid so the kid will let go.

I said that 2-3 pages ago, but I will say it again "I know Shido is evil and he is gonna do something so evil that makes defending him now sounds stupid. But I really cannot fault him for his action in ep 3"

And for those who say Takashi is the real leader, are we watching the same show? He tried to go kill zombies after killing the boyfriend of Rei, and his eagerness to risk himself to test the zombies, is not a showing of selflessness. He is just giving up on himself because Rei don't love him back.

The only leader that I would follow, other than the Shido, is Saya. But so far she is not stepping up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-22, 07:49   Link #1699
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I actually don't dislike Shidou, and look forward to seeing what else he'll do that will annoy the viewers.

Plus hearing Taniyama Kishou voice him is such a treat.
Well, I never said I wanted him to die in the next episode. A human antagonist is very much needed and having the same guy is better than the crew meeting different people each episode only to see them die (which will probably happen anyway, but you know what I mean).
Old 2010-07-22, 07:58   Link #1700
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
teachers thar prolly have power over teh students...... related story, i had a teacher like shidou before.... and that mofo did something i could never forgive him for

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse