AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2008-06-23, 03:08   Link #1681
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, Keroko's case is a bit of a different case. Its not so much she 'got over' her parents death, but more that she refuses to aknowledge them. She sees Shiro and Momoko as her 'real' parents and refuses to remember her biological parents because in doing so, she can tell herself that her parents never died, and so doesn't have to deal with the pain of their death. It's a psycological defence.
Is this, by chance, somehow usable against her?

Quote:
But Syn has to be my fist character who has living breathing biological parents.
Well I have Rinya for that one...
But wait... I remember one of my old Star Wars OC still had living parents...

Quote:
Amazing how fast a little shop can go with propper motivation and inspiration. Here is an image of Syn with her mother, Elena Virage:

Spoiler for A mother and her daughter:

As you can see, Elena is the doting type who loves to show people how much she loves them. Syn, on the other hand, is the 'you could just tell me' type who is not really comfortable with intimate contact. This does leave Syn wondering how Vivio always manages to cone her into letting her play with her hair.

And...
Yay! Elric in Barrier Jacket v.1.8 picture is finished! I just need to scan it and the coloration can begin!
Old 2008-06-23, 03:29   Link #1682
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Is this, by chance, somehow usable against her?
I suppose if you could somehow force her to remember her biological parents, but remember, she was only 4 when she lost them, and 15 years have passed since then. She doesn't have much memory of them at all, which is why she can forget them.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:36   Link #1683
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Not much yet, Syn's parents are both high-ranking Naval officers, her father, Attin Virage, is an admiral in the Navy, and is usually away from home. Elena is a captain in the Navy, but she currently has a temporary ground based desk job to take care of Syn (I don't know if a military works like this usually, but it sounded logical to me. Lindy did it too after all).
You can request a ground-based posting, which would normally be a staff job: Lindy's job, doing administration and stuff, is what is called a staff assignment. I use it in my Macross OC work as well, where several years after Space War I, Jack Anderson accepts a promotion and a move to a staff officer job in order to be able to spend more time with his family.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 03:39   Link #1684
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Staff assignment. Noted. And these positions, are these temporarily or permanent? Can you choose?
Old 2008-06-23, 03:53   Link #1685
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
You really need to read Heavens Failure. Sakura thay be, but there's no Ilya in that image.
No comment left.

Maybe right...
Old 2008-06-23, 03:53   Link #1686
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I suppose if you could somehow force her to remember her biological parents, but remember, she was only 4 when she lost them, and 15 years have passed since then. She doesn't have much memory of them at all, which is why she can forget them.
Ah don't worry... He from the Great Beyond is pretty good in such mindstuff. ^^
But I'm only playing with thoughts a little.

@Goose
Hm... besides IRC and asking directly via PM... is there some other way to look a little more into the Macross OC stuff?
Old 2008-06-23, 03:55   Link #1687
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Staff assignment. Noted. And these positions, are these temporarily or permanent? Can you choose?
Depends, really. Some people choose a staff stream from the very beginning, like supply officers and intelligence officers and admin personnel. Others are line officers - ie those on the frontlines - who are rotated groundside for staff tours; current US practice is to mix combat duty with staff duty in aims to produce well-balanced officers. For example, Delta Force founder Charlie Beckwith was on a staff assignment prior to forming Delta Force. From what I can see, Leti started in the staff stream from the start, but I'm not too sure about Lindy.

To some extent, however, when you get General's or Admiral's stars, you're looking at a staff job, simply because there arent' that many line commands to go around.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 04:24   Link #1688
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
No comment left.

Maybe right...
Genderbent fooled you, didn't it?

Quote:
Ah don't worry... He from the Great Beyond is pretty good in such mindstuff. ^^
But I'm only playing with thoughts a little.
H4xxvillain then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Depends, really. Some people choose a staff stream from the very beginning, like supply officers and intelligence officers and admin personnel. Others are line officers - ie those on the frontlines - who are rotated groundside for staff tours; current US practice is to mix combat duty with staff duty in aims to produce well-balanced officers. For example, Delta Force founder Charlie Beckwith was on a staff assignment prior to forming Delta Force. From what I can see, Leti started in the staff stream from the start, but I'm not too sure about Lindy.

To some extent, however, when you get General's or Admiral's stars, you're looking at a staff job, simply because there arent' that many line commands to go around.
Sounds like its more logical if I switch Attin and Elena's ranks...
Old 2008-06-23, 04:25   Link #1689
AdmiralTigerclaw
Sword Wielding Penguin

Send a message via AIM to AdmiralTigerclaw
Unless you're Roland... Than you just kind of make your own line command when you need to.

"Suit up ladies... We're rolling out YESTERDAY!"

Great... I got him started again.
AdmiralTigerclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 05:32   Link #1690
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
H4xxvillain then?
He's a villain who turned four TSAB members into destruction incarnated and conquered Midchilda.

What makes you belive he is h4xx?
Old 2008-06-23, 05:49   Link #1691
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Kyral: Yup, not h4xx at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirron View Post
Anyways, was the Oriental + Speed/Skill melee magic system idea dropped? Or is it going to come up later? I'll make a character around it if no one else wants to. Although, I already made a speed blitz character. Hmm...
Nope it has not, and in fact, I have 2 whole magic schools that qualify for those descriptions:

- the Japanese-inspired Eldritch, centering around "pagan" spirits of nature, honor and glory. Unlike the Belka, the Eldritch are lightly-armored in their magic-infused bamboo mantles, and focus on speed and utility to close with the enemy. They employ guardian spirits known as Oni as their friend and ally, and these beings of evolved magic can weave magic in ways almost beyond human imagination. The Oni and Bushido permeates all of the Eldritch's way of life, and in many ways, apart from their pointed ears, the Eldritch resemble the old world Japanese; in fact, they call themselves Nihonjin, the exact same name 97th Japanese call themselves. The missing link between Eldritch and modern Japanese has yet to be found though...

- the Chinese-based Tang Empire, centering around the relentless application of science and technology to give power to the people, while the ruling caste sling spells the old fashioned way. Years ago, Chinese researchers began propelling themselves into the depths of the Fold, beginning a space age that no history book will tell you about. The Emperor lost contact with its colonies, and soon desisted from space travel, but the seeds have been planted. From the annals of Ancient Belka, one knows a Tang by his diminutive stature, incredibly powerful weapons, plasmid-based Inherent Skill usage, all bouyed by hovering craft running circles around phalanx. These technologically advanced foot soldiers are always protecting the Ethereal, the real mages and high commanders of the Tang army. Today, having weathered impossible odds, the Tang exist along the far borders of human memory, practically sealed away by raging voidstorms and space so warped by war that even modern vessels cannot navigate. What wonders have they developed in isolation? And what will their plans be, if we are to meet them again?

DISCLAIMER: Eldritch and Tang are loosely based on the fantasy races of Elves and Gnomes, but twisted with cultural cheese and spiced with only a hint of 40K. Hope you'll enjoy. =D

But that's just me. Feel free to craft what you wish, because it is your character, and only you have the final say about what goes into it.

Quote:
Genderbent fooled you, didn't it?
Sure did. I wish I didn't give Heaven's Failure a miss when I saw it online though.
Old 2008-06-23, 06:12   Link #1692
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Tang.

I think Eva and Kagerou gonna have a field day.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 07:31   Link #1693
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I think they had.

In Chinese they would be called Tangcheng (The City of Tang - STOP LAUGHING! ).

But a more fitting name would've been something along with Kingdom (Guo). I've had Sanguo (Three Kingdoms), Zhongguo (Middle Kingdom), Tianjie (Heavenly Kingdom), Wangguoxing (Kingdom Hearts)...

Like the quest for Eldritch, no bloody winner. Tang Dynasty was based off warped Chinese history making the Dynasty of the Golden Age of China beyond godlike, but the stupid TANG label...

Heck, if Tang is taken as an Evangelion ref, I'll just accept it as a mecha ref and hence in-universe.

On second thought, maybe Tianjie works, and they are then the Tian Empire in Midchilda tongue, the soldiers are Tianjun (Heaven's Army), with the base unit known as Skywarriors (a play on the Tian radical) and the Ethereals are Xianren (Celestial Beings - STOP LAUGHING ALREADY!!!).

And lets not forget the little empress everyone loves: Yuhou Tianzi (Jade Empress Tianzi)

*RUNS FROM CGR2 FANS*
Old 2008-06-23, 07:40   Link #1694
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
It's possibly horribly gauche of me, but the word "Tang" brings to mind for me the attaching "Jar of".
dkellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 07:48   Link #1695
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
He's a villain who turned four TSAB members into destruction incarnated and conquered Midchilda.

What makes you belive he is h4xx?
Author's hunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Sure did. I wish I didn't give Heaven's Failure a miss when I saw it online though.
I still have the original Gatai and Heavens Failure 1 translated, and the raws of Heavens Failure 2, 3, EX and EX Limit Break if you want them.
Old 2008-06-23, 08:22   Link #1696
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

@Keroko: Could you PM me the translated ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkellis View Post
It's possibly horribly gauche of me, but the word "Tang" brings to mind for me the attaching "Jar of".

FINE I'll drop Tang for Tian. At least the empire then has the same surname as its Empress.
Old 2008-06-23, 08:23   Link #1697
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
disbanded at the end of The Bacta War, and then reformed again for the Zsinj campaign, though after that they managed to settle down and remain intact. Oh, and another reformation during the Vong war, IIRC.
Ah, correction. They disbanded themselves so they could go undercover on Thyferra and give the Republic plausible deniability, I think. I've only read the Wraith Squadron trilogy and Starfighters of Adumar so I'm not 100% sure of this. After the Bacta War, I think it was Janson who assumed temporary control over the Rogues while Wedge took off to play with the Wraiths for a few books.

<.<

>.>

*Coma pushes a big red button on his keyboard*

*Alarm klaxons go off all over Outer Cadia*

WARNING! INFODUMP DETECTED! PREPARE FOR INFORMATION OVERLOAD!

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha BladeS

Spoiler for RF6 and Blade Squad:

Spoiler for Alex, his fighting style, and some of his impacts on the StrikerS timeline:

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 08:35   Link #1698
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

...and completely derails the plot. What are your plans from here out? Or is it spoileric? If so never mind.
Old 2008-06-23, 08:51   Link #1699
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Weeeeeell..... there's this one idea I've been toying with....

The Jail we see in StrikerS? He's a clone of the original, who's sitting back and watching the fun from several dimensions away. The first four cyborgs are the servants of this original Jail, who are there to make sure the clone does what the original wants him to do. The other Numbers are less ruthless and therefore are redeemable by Nanohaverse standards, but when things go south for the clone, Uno, Due (after offing the council), Tre, and Quattro will stab him in the back and leave him for the bureau to find. What happens after this is anyone's guess, but the original isn't going to just give up on Vivio just like that. The Cradle remains safely hidden, and Vivio's relic goes with Quattro. There remains the problem of what Zest and company are going to do once everything is over, but for the time being this is the most likely scenario.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-23, 08:53   Link #1700
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

I must say you are doing a very daring Rebuilt!

Mine is just canon insertion, Keroko style.

But be strong and think it through! I wish you luck!

Tags
hayaurion, kaonland, keroland, khrack, original content