Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-11-17, 14:28   Link #17101
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lie View Post
The best way to explain it is to say that Kallen wanted to take that extra step in her relationship. She didn't want to be in a state of ambiguity about her own feelings. She initiated it by showing her emotions first to Lelouch. Now we have confirmation that he simply finished it, and returned them at that time but not after.
This explains a lot in how her character is portrayed as conflicted.
She 'felt' Lelouch's feelings but she didn't see them. He didn't react/reply to her in words.
Throw in geass*net and complete, and you can finally understand where her 'understanding of Lelouch's feelings' came from. She knew them she just didn't understand them till it was too late.

Its not Lelouch no baka. It's Lelouch no baka, to Kallen no baka. Both were stupid. Driven by their 'good for the world' idealism, and putting their emotions on the side.
They should have just told the world to screw off and eloped.
it did happen.
didn't you see episode 25.
Lelouch gave suzaku the guren key.
when he faked his death that only Suzaku knew
But in actuality it is a key to the secret love nest kallen and Lelouch have.
Kallen receive the key from a young man by the name harima kenji
who has the same problem of always getting interrupted and getting paired with random people.
thus starting a new love comedy series (airing in june) between lelouch and Kallen called School Rumble Kallen of the Misunderstandings in which kallen gets in to sticky situation trying to hide lelouch's identity and their secret love nest. while at the same time fending herself off from various crack pairings.

In the end Lelouch and kallen settle down and make babies.

at the end of the story
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 14:59   Link #17102
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
good one Witacume

@Lolipopo
the problem is that while we can say that WE view it as proof of canon
other ships wont be sunk so easily based only on that line alone
we need some kinda proof that cant be refuted (which is where the gum line would have sealed the deal)
Old 2008-11-17, 15:03   Link #17103
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
we need some kinda proof that cant be refuted (which is where the gum line would have sealed the deal)
Errr... why do you want to convince people so badly?
I really don't see the point in ruining their fun.

And why is this thread a second romance thread, anyway?
I want to talk about Kallen, but I couldn't care less about Lelouch's feelings for her.
Nogitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:08   Link #17104
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogitsune View Post
Errr... why do you want to convince people so badly?
I really don't see the point in ruining their fun.

And why is this thread a second romance thread, anyway?
I want to talk about Kallen, but I couldn't care less about Lelouch's feelings for her.
1)its about proving your point as the right one
not ruining others fun (the ruining the fun part is a side effect)

2)when the character's number 1 aspect of character development is in relation to her romance with lelouch
you have to expect that it would be heavily discussed in her character thread
Old 2008-11-17, 15:09   Link #17105
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
good one Witacume

@Lolipopo
The point isn't to sunk others ship (as I said before, everyone can have his favourite, canon, or not) it's simply to have material to argument over Lelouch's feelings. Since the end of the serie we got more and more things about this matter, and now, with this simple line everything is clear.

People can refuse to accept those lines, proof or anything, but they are still there. (And right now we have this; Lelouch returned her feelings during the kiss, she only realized it at the very end.)

Now, everyone can have his own favourite pairing.

Nogitsune : Because talking about Kallen and Lelouch in the Romance thread is taboo and can create a flame war? It's better to speak about this right here, since those lines are tied to Lelouch AND Kallen (and since Kallen got the major place in the romance subplot)

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:11   Link #17106
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Serious post alert, not being a scam for a sec. XD

I was gonna post it earlier but blotty and Lie reminded me, referring to the Kalulu kiss and generally
about the Kalulu romance:

The Kalulu kiss was mutual. It was kinda the "proof" that Lulu really did harbor feelings, romantic ones, about Kallen. The kiss was his moment of "weakness". I mean, throughout all the series, Lulu's world has to be a certain way, even if he has to destroy himself and stand in the way of his own desires in order to do it. I believe that his "own desires" is the potential romantic feelings he could grow about someone. I think that this someone on the series, were both Shirley and Kallen.
His "weakness moment" with Shirley, was in episode 12, when he wondered even to himself why he "kissed" her. Lulu could not allow himself to grow romantically attached to someone, it would stand on his way of things and besides if he wanted to re-create the world, he wanted the people he loved on that world. That was the case with Kallen, his slip "live on" in the BK fiasco incident, was another moment of weakness. So in general, i think he loved romantically both Kallen and Shirley but he did not want/no time to explore his "romantic" side. But the above incidents, proved that he really did love them, even if on some level he did not know about it.
Dude, i am being epic here, can i rep myself? No kidding. // scam mode on again
{about C.C, i'm bored to post any evidences, besides my Kalulu scam mode does not allow me XDD}
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-17, 15:15   Link #17107
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
1)its about proving your point as the right one
not ruining others fun (the ruining the fun part is a side effect)
Sadly, Lelouch's supposed deep romantic feelings for Kallen weren't openly declared "canon" for a reason, and this constant shipping wars are starting to make me dislike romance in Code Geass instead of just not caring about it.
Which is bad, because there are some really well-written fanfics out there that I might miss.

Quote:
2)when the character's number 1 aspect of character development is in relation to her romance with lelouch
you have to expect that it would be heavily discussed in her character thread
But it's the only thing that seems to be discussed here.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. But please, don't try to declare anything canon unless it's official... and give me an oppurtunity to join the conversation. xD
Also, I don't see how it matters for Kallen's character development if Lelouch loved her back in the end or not.
Old 2008-11-17, 15:21   Link #17108
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

weakness ?
well it would make sense that lelouch would view romance as a hastle since it takes time away from the goal
and it would make sense to apply it to sherly since she is really not part of the world in which he spends most of his time
but kallen was a part of it from day one (litteraly)
her role in both the battle and lelouch's life do not contredict each other as sherly does
when sherly learned about his ID, he had choosen to earse her memory about it rather then try and make her a bigger part of his world (choosing to give her up altogether rather then make her part of it)
with kallen however a potential romance would be more practical
she's already a part of his life both as lelouch and as zero
she has already shown that she would protect him from anything but would also smack him when he's out of line (ep 7)
it could have worked without being something to distract him from the overall goal (its clear that she had already became part of the overall goal)
Old 2008-11-17, 15:24   Link #17109
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

But then Lelouch realized that his one true love was a Shinigami, and they eloped.

So... what kind of guy do you think Naoto was? xD
Old 2008-11-17, 15:35   Link #17110
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
weakness ?
well it would make sense that lelouch would view romance as a hastle since it takes time away from the goal
and it would make sense to apply it to sherly since she is really not part of the world in which he spends most of his time
but kallen was a part of it from day one (litteraly)
her role in both the battle and lelouch's life do not contredict each other as sherly does
when sherly learned about his ID, he had choosen to earse her memory about it rather then try and make her a bigger part of his world (choosing to give her up altogether rather then make her part of it)
with kallen however a potential romance would be more practical
she's already a part of his life both as lelouch and as zero
she has already shown that she would protect him from anything but would also smack him when he's out of line (ep 7)
it could have worked without being something to distract him from the overall goal (its clear that she had already became part of the overall goal)
I did not mean "weakness" in a bad way. More like "giving-away proof."
And let's be honest, Lulu's world one way or the other, "shallows" those around him. Call it fate or something. He just DOESN'T want to drag anyone else on it. And that is why about ZR, very few people knew about it. Those that would be his accomplices.
I mean, what would you expect? Lulu to sing Kallen's "Are you Gonna Be My girl" song and the tells her, "you know Kalle-baby, i got a plan to kill myself at some point, you would not mind, would you?"
It is exactly as C.C said, sometimes the things you really value, you have to keep them away. {of course that does not mean, that the people around him were not valued, you get what i mean right?}
Old 2008-11-17, 15:40   Link #17111
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless View Post

It is exactly as C.C said, sometimes the things you really value, you have to keep them away.
Which is amusing, because Lelouch condemned his parents for doing exactly that.
Old 2008-11-17, 15:40   Link #17112
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Skyless : You ARE epic. Stay in your Kalulu mode; really, Var and Xellos did a great job with you
And how could I say but...I agree totally ?

Quote:
Sadly, Lelouch's supposed deep romantic feelings for Kallen weren't openly declared "canon" for a reason, and this constant shipping wars are starting to make me dislike romance in Code Geass instead of just not caring about it.
Which is bad, because there are some really well-written fanfics out there that I might miss.

But it's the only thing that seems to be discussed here.
Don't get me wrong, I don't want to ruin anyone's fun. But please, don't try to declare anything canon unless it's official... and give me an oppurtunity to join the conversation. xD
Also, I don't see how it matters for Kallen's character development if Lelouch loved her back in the end or not.
Well, if you put A+B now it's hard to say that Lelouch's feelings for Kallen weren't...(Well, though, even when var slowed the kiss motion to show lelouch's action people didn't believe it...while actions speak louder than words, and while in an anime, everything is wanted, so if the animator is drawing a tongue...it's wanted) now there is no shipping war, we are talking about a void in Kallen's life which was confusing us.

Just go in CC's thread, they are talking about CC's name, cause it was something important to her character. To Kallen, Lelouch's feelings were :'p
And it matters heavily since we had a lot of statement those last time which were implying Kallen understanding Lelouch's feelings. This part is kinda the part which is fulfilling the void.

And as a Kallen fan and a Lelouch fan, I want to know everything about their reltionship cause their interactions were a part of what I loved about them (Every kallen fan isn't a Kalulu fan after all :'p)

Now about Naoto, I'd be glad to talk about him but well, we don't have anything to say since we don't have anything about him. But I guess he was THE kind brother; He really semed to be a nice guy on the photography. The sort of guy who likes to tease sometimes his little sister (with her fire personnality) but who loves her deeply.

Skyless²: Are you gonna be my girl...OMG now I picture Lelouch doing this...<_<

Old 2008-11-17, 15:44   Link #17113
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
Skyless (I like how your avy is always changing to be related to the discussion xD):I have to agree with you...the tongue...can't be used to a friend.
That's a sad truth. And what's more sad is that...we have a confirmation about this tongue. (and a last part more of less clear xD)

So yes...right ship. The only iceberg on our road is Lelouch's destiny :'p
Or Jack and Rose could have...well, nevermind <_<

Haha, we are talking about tongue now? Dammit, i need the Kalulu tongue icon. XD
But in a SERIOUS mode now, well, that was NOT a friendly kiss. Besides, wasn't it confirmed that it was mutual? So yeah. We might as well starting to bring out the pom-poms cause this material is really important. As in "ALL HAIL KALULU, it is nice to be able to be on the winning team, ain't that right?" lawl
Old 2008-11-17, 15:52   Link #17114
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Just go in CC's thread, they are talking about CC's name, cause it was something important to her character.
Nope, right now, they are mostly talking about it because someone needs the name for a fanfic. xD
But I get your point. ;P

Quote:
And as a Kallen fan and a Lelouch fan, I want to know everything about their reltionship cause their interactions were a part of what I loved about them (Every kallen fan isn't a Kalulu fan after all :'p)
I like their interactions, too, but... well, I'm not a romance kind of person, and if I was, Lelouch would probably be the only guy I'd just give a harem and be done with it. xD
Because... really, he cared about all of them.

Quote:
Now about Naoto, I'd be glad to talk about him but well, we don't have anything to say since we don't have anything about him. But I guess he was THE kind brother; He really semed to be a nice guy on the photography. The sort of guy who likes to tease sometimes his little sister (with her fire personnality) but who loves her deeply.
*nods her head to that*
I also imagine it would have been very interesting if he had still been alive when "Zero" made his appearence.
Hm... do you know how old Naoto was when he died? o.o

Quote:

Haha, we are talking about tongue now? Dammit, i need the Kalulu tongue icon. XD
But in a SERIOUS mode now, well, that was NOT a friendly kiss. Besides, wasn't it confirmed that it was mutual? So yeah. We might as well starting to bring out the pom-poms cause this material is really important. As in "ALL HAIL KALULU, it is nice to be able to be on the winning team, ain't that right?" lawl
Errr... yes, french kissing, the epitome of true love.
If Lelouch was that obvious about it, I wonder why Kallen didn't realize it. xD
Old 2008-11-17, 15:55   Link #17115
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
1 -- I DID NOT say it is the epitome of true love, i say it is the epitome of NON-FRIENDS.

2 -- Kallen wanted to believe, she did, but hey, Lulu is a genius in EVERYTHING, dammit, you just can't top him on thoughts and cold-ice-face. But she did in the ending sequence. And i bet she kisses his photo every night before she goes to sleep.
Old 2008-11-17, 15:57   Link #17116
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
might have something to do with his face after the kiss (he was hiding his feelings pretty well until she was out of earshot)
then he starts acting like as complete monster
so i doubt kallen had that much time to think "he loves me, he loves me not" at that point
Old 2008-11-17, 15:59   Link #17117
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
1 -- I DID NOT say it is the epitome of true love, i say it is the epitome of NON-FRIENDS.
Maybe he was experimenting. xD
Errr... I mean, really, Lelouch is just so clueless that it almost sounds plausible, even under those circumstances.
Omg, now I want to hug him. xD

Quote:
2 -- Kallen wanted to believe, she did, but hey, Lulu is a genius in EVERYTHING, dammit, you just can't top him on thoughts and cold-ice-face.
If he sticked his tongue into my mouth - with or without that kind of face -, I would at least have looked at him strangely. xD

Quote:
But she did in the ending sequence. And i bet she kisses his photo every night before she goes to sleep.
Of course she does. Right after throwing darts at that of Suzaku. xD
Old 2008-11-17, 16:03   Link #17118
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:

*nods her head to that*
I also imagine it would have been very interesting if he had still been alive when "Zero" made his appearence.
Hm... do you know how old Naoto was when he died? o.o

20 ? Something like that I think, 20~23
He seemed really young. Though if Ogi has 25 when CG started, and if naoto died one year before that, he died at 24.
French are known to be romantic. So the french kiss if TOTALLY ROMANTIC
More seriously, Skyless and Blade gave you the same answer as me. M. Iceberg.

Skyless : with your kiss goodnight you made me think at one thing. Kallen get back her Guren key while being at the hospital, after she fainted before being catch by Gino (and before having to surrender :'P)Lelouch came to see her at the infirmary and put her guren key on the table. before to kiss her (without tongue sadley, her mouth were closed :/) and leaves.

I'm in a fanfiction mode because of you ~
Someone ! Write it !

Old 2008-11-17, 16:07   Link #17119
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:

Skyless : with your kiss goodnight you made me think at one thing. Kallen get back her Guren key while being at the hospital, after she fainted before being catch by Gino (and before having to surrender :'P)Lelouch came to see her at the infirmary and put her guren key on the table. before to kiss her (without tongue sadley, her mouth were closed :/) and leaves.

I'm in a fanfiction mode because of you ~
Someone ! Write it !
That is a compliment, my Kalulu mode makes people creative? Son of a gun. XD
{except that he put the Guren key in her heart, you get why right? ^^}

@Nogitsune: Kallen was not gonna spend half of her life, asking Lulu what she is to him. Kallen failed in one thing that EVERY SINGLE person failed at CG till it was pointed to them:: {except CC cause she clings to him like cellophane} Lulu's REAL face. He knows how to hide things if he wants. Kallen is not Lulu-smart, hell no one is.
Old 2008-11-17, 16:10   Link #17120
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
20 ? Something like that I think, 20~23
He seemed really young. Though if Ogi has 25 when CG started, and if naoto died one year before that, he died at 24.
Omg, what is it with all those people dying at 24?
First Naoto, then Clovis... a conspiracy? o.o
Yes, definitely! They are trying to take the most awesome characters away from us!
But we won't let them! Not anymore!
*takes a spoon and throws it in a random direction*
Ha! Gotcha!
...Errrr, don't worry. I'm perfectly sane. xD

Quote:
French are known to be romantic. So the french kiss if TOTALLY ROMANTIC
More seriously, Skyless and Blade gave you the same answer as me. M. Iceberg.
But... but... how can someone ignore having a wet, slippery thing in their mouth that doesn't belong there? q.q
Oh well. xD

Quote:
Someone ! Write it !
Pffft. Why not write it yourself? ;P