AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-27, 15:01   Link #1701
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
And there definitely has been a significant bump during the course of the anime. It's been getting 300 - 400k copies sold.

http://imgur.com/dDHkbIn
That's good for the manga publisher. However, whether other key members of the production committee are doing well is unknown.

Unless a show is funded by a single company (the manga publisher), increased source popularity doesn't cut it on its own. After all, it's not as if the publisher shares manga revenue with its financing partners.

(Basically, the larger the stake that a BD distributor has in the production, the more dependent the show is on home video sales. As a simplification, if the split is 40% publisher, 60% BD company, even a ten fold increase in manga sales is meaningless to the latter if the discs don't sell. On the other hand, if the split is 70% publisher, 30% BD company, the assessment would change. The latter might do okay with average sales because they invested much less in the first place)
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-28, 02:16   Link #1702
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

A good way to end an anime, however like good food people usually want a second helping. *prays to the anime gods for a second season*

Loved the scenes where Soma and Hayama were clashing it out as gladiators, a nice touch and less not forgot the fan services shots we got from Erina and Megumi near the end.
Old 2015-09-29, 08:44   Link #1703
The 48th Ronin

Well, that's a good ending for this show. Nothing much spectacular, but it's entertaining. If it's going to get another season, that's good.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 11:54   Link #1704
chaos_animagic

seems like no one else commented on it.

but I laughed at Erina's (yet again) Souma Food Rape, and this time it was only by smell.

It's hard to tell who to root for (Souma), Erina the highclass tsundere moe type, or Megumi the normal gentle shy type.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 12:15   Link #1705
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Im kinda confused, wasnt Hayama the one with the god nose? How was Erina able to smell the aroma explosion from Soma's dish when she was behing wall of glass?
Old 2015-09-29, 12:18   Link #1706
cyth
Banned

Underwhelming ending, a forgettable second cour. The main protag's appeal was gradually lost on me. He was basically riding this whole time on the gimmick of putting either more effort or more experience into his dishes. But when insanely powerful guys came around, his only weapon was supposed effort. In any case, I wasn't convinced by his triumphs in the later stages.

Tadokoro is love, rest of the show is meh.

The good things I took away from this show were: 1.) How to prepare beef so it stays tender (onions), 2.) How to season your karaage marinade. Thanks, Souma!
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 12:30   Link #1707
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Souma's effort was the real thing, he became one of the few people to score in the nineties. He didn't take 1st place and it's nagging him, but he had very little experience with curry and spice up until the elections. Plus, imo his gimmick is being a sore loser who doesn't let a failure go to waste, that's why he made omurice curry.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-29, 15:05   Link #1708
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Im kinda confused, wasnt Hayama the one with the god nose? How was Erina able to smell the aroma explosion from Soma's dish when she was behing wall of glass?
I guess they expect you to suspend disbelief and believe that Erina's nose is just that good. It was an anime original scene any way.
Old 2015-09-29, 15:14   Link #1709
DOmus
天国無事故
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I guess they expect you to suspend disbelief and believe that Erina's nose is just that good. It was an anime original scene any way.
Yeah I know it was, but still, it bugs me how weird that was.
Old 2015-12-10, 03:16   Link #1710
Dragonria

It's getting a Season 2 in 2016
Dragonria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-10, 09:01   Link #1711
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonria View Post
It's getting a Season 2 in 2016
FYI: Season 2 discussion will be held in the Shokugeki no Souma (Food Wars) Season 2 thread currently located in the Upcoming Series forum.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cooking, ecchi, shounen, shounen jump