AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-09, 03:58   Link #1701
CatRules
Shipper

Spoiler for Yuuka-nee comes after Ayako:

I'm building a ship for Yuuka-nee...
Old 2015-05-09, 03:59   Link #1702
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
I know right? She's made out to be the most gorgeous girl in Mahouka, with only Lina being able to to rival her, yet I find several girl's that have prettier character designs than her's.
Maybe, in the eyes of the Japanese. Miyuki's design is what they consider indescribable beauty.

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder after all.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Miyuki's character design. She looks pretty, and as much as you guys dislike it, in the Mahouka Universe, she is one of the most beautiful girls in the series.

That is all there is to it.
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:21   Link #1703
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
Spoiler for Yuuka-nee comes after Ayako:

I'm building a ship for Yuuka-nee...
vote for loli
Old 2015-05-09, 04:21   Link #1704
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aciald View Post
Meh, given the objection to the engagement it does seem like the relationship drama is going to continue. Personally i would rather see it end. There just isn't enough of a difference in the various girls to make it all that interesting. Beautiful, powerful mage who worships Tatsuya.

The biggest reason it isn't really interesting anymore is there is absolutely no sign that the most crucial problem will ever be addressed. Tatsuya still doesn't have any romantic feelings for any of them and seemingly never will. (No, love for a sister is definitely not the same.)

So whats the point of arguing. Miyuki, Mayumi, Honoka, Lina, a blow up doll it's all pretty much the same to Tatsuya.

If you look at it again and again, by putting yourself in Tatsuya's self, regardless of what others says (Miya, who puts and says 'sisterly'), the love in Tatsuya for Miyuki logically, is of unknown nature.

Tatsuya has no other experiences in feelings love, so he cannot compare and name the love he feels for Miyuki correctly (or by our standard whether sisterly or romantically). He may state it to himself as 'Sisterly Love' because of the logic of their relationship - siblings.

I think this is why this plot twist is very important. Not just for Miyuki, but Tatsuya himself.

By changing the logic, Tatsuya will be forced to re-evaluate his inner self.

I say, Miyuki already won because honestly, say what you want; sister love? Platonic love?
Whatever it is called, it is the only love exist in Tatsuya!
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:23   Link #1705
Ultragunner

I wonder whether Yuuka is a psychopath or not

Why did she submit her topic as a weapon of mass-destruction in the Thesis Competition years ago?Just for...fun?
Old 2015-05-09, 04:27   Link #1706
amtro
Distro

There's literally only one rump ravaged Mayumi fan posting bad reviews for the volume. All others have been five stars and more than a single paragraph.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:28   Link #1707
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
I wonder whether Yuuka is a psychopath or not

Why did she submit her topic as a weapon of mass-destruction in the Thesis Competition years ago?Just for...fun?
Maybe she want to compete with tatsuya MB or she didn't know about that?
Old 2015-05-09, 04:38   Link #1708
Armando99

I think she is like five years older than Tatsuya.

I doubt that she knew anything about Tatsuya's MB.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:41   Link #1709
ProxyAccount

Okinawa was three years prior... she was Student Council President at that time.
ProxyAccount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:55   Link #1710
Chirst

@catrules. I think there is a mistake in your picture so I post the correct one here
Spoiler for The right picture:
Chirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:55   Link #1711
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
There's literally only one rump ravaged Mayumi fan posting bad reviews for the volume. All others have been five stars and more than a single paragraph.
If you have time while waiting for spoilers, maybe could you please translate some of them that you think interesting or funny
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 04:59   Link #1712
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProxyAccount View Post
Okinawa was three years prior... she was Student Council President at that time.
So shes the eccentric StuCo P. That Rin was talking about in the thesis compe. So is she a nut job?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 05:33   Link #1713
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Speaking of the new girl, what is her ability. MI or the other one,
I think one of the spoilers mentioned that Yuuka is really good in many kinds of mind interference magic

Quote:
she's 22 yo, former vice president of the student council at 1st high. however, she has been vicepresident only from the second semester of her second year to the end of the first half of third year. she is strong in all kinds of mental interference magic
I haven't read anything about her yet but I already like that character.

Last edited by Jiminy; 2015-05-09 at 05:50.
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 05:59   Link #1714
interupt

We need translator for tatsuya vs guardian that part have yuuka!!
interupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 06:00   Link #1715
somerand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiminy View Post
I think one of the spoilers mentioned that Yuuka is really good in many kinds of mind interference magic

I haven't read anything about her yet but I already like that character.
She was mentioned back in volume 6:

"The topic is up to us, but under the obvious condition that it shall not run counter to the public good and morality. Two years ago, a student proposed the theoretical development of a magic that could replace weapons of mass destruction, and was quickly censored by inspectors ahead of time."

"Was someone seriously that audacious..."

Isori's eyes widened as he groaned at that. This must be the first time he heard of such a thing.

Tatsuya understood what he meant. At the same time, he who was capable of wielding magic that surpassed weapons of mass destruction was in no position to point fingers at that particular student. However, just as he was inwardly mocking himself, another question floated into his head.

"...Censored ahead of time by the inspectors implies that particular thesis wasn't publicized, correct? Since that paper remained under wraps, how did Ichihara-senpai learn about this?"

Tatsuya didn't even think twice before asking that question, which for some reason cast an awkward silence over the group.

Suzune unconsciously turned away with a complex and miserable expression on her face.

No, if you don't want to answer; these words were on Tatsuya's lips when she sighed and replied back.

"...The one who wrote that paper was our school's Student Council President from three terms ago."

(Holy... Did our school have that kind of character...)

Hearing Suzune's explanation, Tatsuya could only marvel in silence. Since the Thesis Competition was held right after the new Student Council session began, and Suzune joined the brass during the latter half of her first year, it was hardly surprising that she was privy to these details. Given Suzune's current facial expression, evidently this previous Student Council President had many other "legendary" deeds.
somerand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 06:30   Link #1716
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Hahaha I think Yuuka is Yotsuba's version of Mayumi but more crazier because hello, she is a Yotsuba.
If she has some kind of big sister attitude with The Siblings, that is

Hell yeah. I like this Yuuka woman even withour her dialogue. Hahaha!

Another happy ending for Mayumi would be if there is a plot twist of her being Tatsuya or Miyuki's real sister! Hahaha! Oh, come on! It is possible right?! We already have siblings turned fiancee...why not another stranger turned siblings?(mutters softly)
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 06:36   Link #1717
Jirachier

are there any fights in this volumes ?
Old 2015-05-09, 06:42   Link #1718
Jiminy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
are there any fights in this volumes ?
Tatsuya vs guardian obviously and ... oh we have Tatsuya vs boar of course (presentation of his new magic)... but besides those two ... I haven't heard of any other fights
Jiminy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 06:47   Link #1719
amtro
Distro

Tatsuya vs assassins too.
amtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-09, 06:54   Link #1720
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtro View Post
Tatsuya vs assassins too.
what assassins ?