Notices

Old 2010-05-27, 14:23   Link #1721
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
New DVD special should make some people here very happy:
Spoiler for A little NSFW:
Been busy lately but since there will be a special and I know who loves Eiko so much....I call for some GIF working on those scenes for my BLOG!
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 15:10   Link #1722
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Iv become quite interested in this blond character and his connection to Akuto. In the flash back we see the same dove that Keena has but when Akuto ask her about it she says she doesn't know where she got it from and they did not meet in the past. But Akuto clearly remembers giving a girl the dove. Possibility of 2 people having the same dove or Akutos memories are not as they seem.

This guy also seems to hold a personal grudge against the Demon Lord. He must mean the previous one because Akuto has yet to become a Demon Lord so how can he bare a grudge against Akuto? Unless the grudge is being carried over from the previous one and Akuto is a way to exact his revenge or finish whatever started years ago. Whatever it is its obvious that the blond guy and Akuto are linked somehow because of the dove. At first i was going to say maybe hes Akuto's brother but that didnt seem to add up.

Then theres the question of why he was left at a church obviously not the best place to leave the future demon lord. Did the person who left him thought being raised by the church would alter his destiny and why was she being chased? and im very curious as to who Akutos parents are.

Akuto is fighting against what some say is his destiny to become the demon lord however it seems there are some parts that he cant escape. Like his power awaken and strengthen monsters just by being around them. The council will not sit long on this one. Im wonder if AKuto's energy is so concentrated it just powers up any thing evil like monsters. AKuto is like a big battery power lesser beings or at least making them HUGE. Whatever it is im sure the lines between good and evil will become quite gray after a few more episodes.

I support an Akuto and Junko marriage they are perfect for one another. But Junkos parents might not like the idea of getting a Demon lord as a son in law.
Old 2010-05-27, 17:41   Link #1723
Kenn
Stomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Then theres the question of why he was left at a church obviously not the best place to leave the future demon lord. Did the person who left him thought being raised by the church would alter his destiny and why was she being chased? and im very curious as to who Akutos parents are.
law.
Went to check the first episode again. The woman's lines make it sound like she's being chased. She also talks about the child's destiny which leads me to believe that the government or something like that is weeding out demons, worshippers or potential future demon kings. The last place you'd look for a demon or evil is in a church.

o3o I'm curious about his parents too.

http://k625.blogspot.com/ - Kenn's blog of random everythings
Kenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-27, 22:22   Link #1724
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Stupid tentacle rape. Other than that, good episode! This is a surprisingly good series.
Old 2010-05-28, 00:31   Link #1725
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I support an Akuto and Junko marriage they are perfect for one another. But Junkos parents might not like the idea of getting a Demon lord as a son in law.
Regarding to that, isn't in episode 8. Korone already get the approval from Junko's father for the marriage interview.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 01:35   Link #1726
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well apparently that's what I remember the sub saying, that the bird is "an artificial spirit". That would mean he's man-made or something, and apparently someone conjured up a spirit Now that's suspicious: an artificial, non-physical, future sighted concoction? Sounds like something is hooked up to that compuGod I'll probably look into "artificial" thing later (laptop is in auto-mode)
Hmm...okay. It's just that Yata-Garasu is a known mythical creature in Japan, so I thought it would makes sense that it's the same case there, only real. About compugod, something tells me that it won't be properly explained in the rest of the episodes in this season (which is okay, as long as they focus more on Keena and Bouchirou's mystery)

Quote:
owchie! Well, my theory is hardly absolute. It' mainly because I have this hard time believing, if Bouchi wanted Sai dead, why not just shoot him or something, instead of sending him down there. I then came to the conclusion that Bouchizo probably wanted something that could equal a Maou's strength, so why not use something the previous Maou had? Then when Peter kills Sai, the government could just simply wash their hands of the incident and voila, a world without Maou.
The bolded part is my sentiments exactly. However, we came into a different conclusion. While I agree that your theory makes sense and is very possible, my theory is more about his divination powers. I'll argue that his powers seems to be nowhere near omniscient and far more limited, it's possible he saw Akuto dead by the hands of Peterhausen. This makes him think, "sure, I can just shot him, but I don't see a vision of him dead by gunshot, so it MUST fail, as he wasn't supposed to die before facing a drill-breathing dragon." That's probably why, when he knows of Akuto as Demon Lord he deploys Eiko as his eyes and ears, possibly looking for the map as well and when the opportunity came (map is found) help Akuto to face his demise.

However, we know that somehow Akuto change the future and his whole plans in in ruins, though it appears he has another (possibly backup?) plan, something to do with the 'mystery girl with Keena hairstyle'. I do wonder about the extent of his powers though, especially as we're never perfectly clear about his true motivations with Fujiko's brother. Is it possible that he knew about this from long past, and he was there prepping up Akuto's means of death? Well, we need more info about him to decide that, although it's certain that with his old plan in shambles a new plan is now in motion, one that hopefully leads into a direct confrontation between him and Akuto (which would make a pretty good climax for the season's ending).

Btw, I found it funny that I read somewhere else people are complaining about lack of plot and the story going all over the place (and no, I've double-checked that they're not talking about Mayoi Neko Overrun). Perhaps they have a point, yet we come up with walls of texts for theories and speculations, coming up with whole paragraphs in analyzing a statement...Still, I very greatly enjoy this.

Quote:
Well, since Lily worked for the same bigwigs Korone reported to, I'm a bit hoping Lily carries out her plans some time later, maybe she'll uncover some of this government corruption, say it's her contribution to Sai's cause
Yeah, although my hopes are very low that we'll get a further development scenes between her and Akuto, I'm looking forward about her involvement concerning Akuto. If Bouchirou is going to be the final boss for this season, her side MUST play a hopefully significant factor in the ensuing confrontation. Also, while she appear to have the same goal with the government sector she's working with, it appears she has her own plan - that is, she doesn't carry an exact order from the government, but choose her own means to protect the school, which is interesting.

Quote:
They're basically my same views too If I had to think, I'd say Keena's mysteries are right at the top of my "most wanted answers" list
Yep, fully agreed. This is what makes Keena very interesting for me. Looking from ep 1-2 alone she seems just like an average airheaded girl, who depended on her later actions could either amuse or annoy me, but not one I take seriously. Starting from ep 3 though, I saw her in a whole new light, theorizing (especially from looking at your posts) about her hidden depths. Now, I think of her sentences (Truth? Lies? Half-truth?), whether it has special meanings and what it could shed some light on the mystery surrounding her.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 02:28   Link #1727
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

FeuerFuchs post

So I thought I'd make my 200th post in here a strange one, so here we go...

/me slaps self in the back for spending too much time in only one thread.

So I went digging around the net trying to remember what I used to do when data-mining more than 3 years ago, and I found... stuff I didn't like (mostly, anyways).

--I feel like I stepped out of a time hole or something. I mean, things changed since those 3 long years. No longer do I see TV stations supplying entire/non-specific broadcast run details for most series. Now I mostly see them staying pretty much up to date or something. As with Dai Maou, episode titles seem to be on a "you'll know when everyone knows" basis. Funnily enough, in my findings I did not find Angel Beats' end date for it's broadcast run... which should have been known for some time now, but officially not?
--I inadvertently came across DVD est. release dates, starting from June all the way to November, one disc consecutively till then. I have to wait until July for more Eiko?
--I don't know if I should be happy the novel covers were thumbed...
--So I went around the main page for Dai Maou. Fun place I'll say, when I realized I was right, each page are separate links. Nothing apparently new that wasn't seen before, except for these interesting bits.

It seems like Yuri and Bouchi were there on the character data info all along, just Marvelous unlocking them as time goes on. But why? Why include them in the first place? If I was on that site earlier, I might have spoiled myself to some Eiko almost 2 months ago Now my bigger question, why Yuri earns a spot but Torii doesn't? I was so looking forward to her full body art

My guess is Yuri plays a much more important role.... like,.... a Hero's Bride bah, I'll just toss this in for Junko fans (Eiko's art is mine and mine only! )

Aaaaand... that's it for a strange day... all that after having literally had it with my wireless carrier... or, well,.... I always laugh when I see Fujiko's art. I mean.... those breasts... its so funny because she's the only one with that rack in this series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Hmm...okay. It's just that Yata-Garasu is a known mythical creature in Japan, so I thought it would makes sense that it's the same case there, only real. About compugod, something tells me that it won't be properly explained in the rest of the episodes in this season (which is okay, as long as they focus more on Keena and Bouchirou's mystery)
I was also thinking about the Yatagarasu that was in the recent Ace Attorney game on the DS. Except that one is a thief, with the meaning behind the bird's 3 legs being the 3 MO's of the Yatagarasu. I kind of think Korone explained what us viewers needed to know about compuGod, so I'm somewhat satisfied by that so far.

Quote:
However, we know that somehow Akuto change the future and his whole plans in in ruins, though it appears he has another (possibly backup?) plan, something to do with the 'mystery girl with Keena hairstyle'. I do wonder about the extent of his powers though, especially as we're never perfectly clear about his true motivations with Fujiko's brother. Is it possible that he knew about this from long past, and he was there prepping up Akuto's means of death? Well, we need more info about him to decide that, although it's certain that with his old plan in shambles a new plan is now in motion, one that hopefully leads into a direct confrontation between him and Akuto (which would make a pretty good climax for the season's ending).
Since I believe Blondie knows the future somewhat, it's possible he only saw the part up to what he thought was when Sai would have died, which didn't happen, so he eventually went to another plan. Which is strange, maybe he didn't believe in the first plan from the start? I mean, it looked like the pendant was a last resort type of move, since he seems like he wants to finish it all now instead of dilly dallying. Uh... urgh... here's to the future eps

Quote:
Yep, fully agreed. This is what makes Keena very interesting for me. Looking from ep 1-2 alone she seems just like an average airheaded girl, who depended on her later actions could either amuse or annoy me, but not one I take seriously. Starting from ep 3 though, I saw her in a whole new light, theorizing (especially from looking at your posts) about her hidden depths. Now, I think of her sentences (Truth? Lies? Half-truth?), whether it has special meanings and what it could shed some light on the mystery surrounding her.
I had this funny thought between Keena and Bouchirou. About Keena, I had seen her mysteries since episode 01. For Bouzo, we all saw him first in the intro ep 04. The fun part of this is, we've seen strange things about Keena for every ep since then, but for Bouchi, he rarely showed up. Normally I'd think more about what's the mystery behind the dude that is rarely seen, but for Keena, it's fun because for each of those strange things she did, I thought of many other strange explanations for those actions of hers, basically increasing her mystery

Uhm... I am so out of it today....
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 04:41   Link #1729
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Yeah, I'm tired of speculating, let's just wait at least a few hours more until the new episode provides some more fuel for it. Btw, I've looked at the link and because I don't understand a lick of Japanese I can't understand a word there, but I've seen some preview pictures about tonight episode. Saying anything would be spoiler, but I think that at least mangatron is going to enjoy the episode...nice new avatar, btw.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 06:45   Link #1730
mangatron

Yeah, I'm waiting for the next ep too (we all are )

I think I need to sleep now....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
glad to see new avatar for mangatron. you made it? or just found it?
Hmm yum

Actually, my avatar was from the main site, a part of those other files I pulled off this page here (a direct link to the character page in case some of you didn't know how to get there). Luckily I was able to pull the files from there, I don't like printscreen'ing since the Real 8 days, so now I love my new avatar

Quote:
mind sharing? ok, stupid question... i got it.
Oh well, you're the only other hyper Eiko fan besides me, so why not.

http://picasaweb.google.com/animesuk...eat=directlink (not really much though, but man I'm likin' the long hairs in Fujiko and Aru )
Old 2010-05-28, 09:43   Link #1731
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Beaver View Post
Yeah, I'm tired of speculating, let's just wait at least a few hours more until the new episode provides some more fuel for it. Btw, I've looked at the link and because I don't understand a lick of Japanese I can't understand a word there, but I've seen some preview pictures about tonight episode. Saying anything would be spoiler, but I think that at least mangatron is going to enjoy the episode...nice new avatar, btw.
You can always use Google to translate it. It won't be perfect and may not make any sense, but you'd get a decent idea.
Old 2010-05-28, 10:37   Link #1732
mangatron

phone post

A decent idea? I really wouldn't suggest Google translate on these pages by Marvelous. In fact, I've been against Google Translation services for years now, even after all this time their Far east asian support is a laugh at best. But that's besides the point, because most of Marvelous' pages are primarily image based(like Dai Maou), so I don't think Google would be much help unless someone manually types in Japanese.

I mean, Google, hello? Of all these years the best you can come up with is Qena? (Or is that for real? )

Maybe it's because I've been doing this for years now so I may have made it look too easy, but one basically needs to familiarize themselves with the common page layout most Japanese webmasters use, to make navigation easier

Hmm speaking if which, I forgot to translate some statistics I found, I wonder if they have any meaning for Dai Maou...
Old 2010-05-28, 11:27   Link #1733
tsunade666

Quote:
It seems like Yuri and Bouchi were there on the character data info all along, just Marvelous unlocking them as time goes on. But why? Why include them in the first place? If I was on that site earlier, I might have spoiled myself to some Eiko almost 2 months ago Now my bigger question, why Yuri earns a spot but Torii doesn't? I was so looking forward to her full body art
Isn't it because of Yuri is partner with Hiroshi and that girl apperntly hates monsters and also a girl always brought trouble for guys.

If you ask me, Yuri would be the cause of a fight between Sai and Hiroshi. And with the current mentality of Hiroshi and his other side of being a hero. That would only strengthen his belief of so called "justice".

And isn't it a common knowledge of hero always save the heroine from a demon lord Now I just wonder how would that played out for the story. But it's most likely to cause small ripples then turn into a tsunami
Old 2010-05-28, 11:28   Link #1734
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

You usually have to copy and paste it into the translator, but it still works. I think it also helps if you have the right software installed so that it's displayed and copied to your clipboard correctly and all.
Old 2010-05-28, 11:36   Link #1735
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

I'm hoping for a prolonged kickass fight scene involving akuto in the next episode or two, anyone else?
Old 2010-05-28, 11:47   Link #1736
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'd actually prefer that the series sticks with romance and comedy.
Old 2010-05-28, 13:03   Link #1737
tsunade666

Episode 09 of Daimaou is out and Sai is still kicking arse calling GOD is man created system a Daimaou from the core
Old 2010-05-28, 13:17   Link #1738
Arashi500
Cthulhu Fhtagn!

I wouldn't mind if it did, DragoZERO but I'd like to see an intense fight sometime in the near future.
Old 2010-05-28, 13:25   Link #1739
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Daimaou 09 - Mad-Eye Moody and Portkeys:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 14:31   Link #1740
tsunade666

I can't stop laughing with all the
Spoiler for 9:

I'm turning into a junko fan but I still like the mystery keina more.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, fantasy, shounen