Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-05, 00:37   Link #1721
ChocolateSwirls

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Warrior View Post
And the fact they keep adding more
The script is done, so I guess 8 episodes was already enough to explain everything. but then their only 30 minutes long.. doesn't sound like enough to me. OR they are squishing it all together >_<
ChocolateSwirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:39   Link #1722
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Have a little faith, guys. Even with 8 episodes left, I'm sure things'll turn out all right.
Rising Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:40   Link #1723
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Have a little faith, guys. Even with 8 episodes left, I'm sure things'll turn out all right.
we can only hope, but this series is known for going extremely fast but at the same time not explaining much o anything until later
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 00:47   Link #1724
ChocolateSwirls

Quote:
we can only hope, but this series is known for going extremely fast but at the same time not explaining much o anything until later
Yeah, 1 1/2 month left until it's all over.
ChocolateSwirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 07:46   Link #1725
Var
Banned

Quote:
And the fact they keep adding more
What are you talking about? They've been completing various subplots through out these last few episodes. Heck, they even wrapped up most of, if not all of, C.C.'s role in the story.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 08:45   Link #1726
True Warrior
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
What are you talking about? They've been completing various subplots through out these last few episodes. Heck, they even wrapped up most of, if not all of, C.C.'s role in the story.
we still don't know her name, and no Var we're still let in the dark about alot of stuff that's went down the problem is the majority seem to have forgotten or the producers decided that they didn't need to explore those territories, but whatever they are 7 episodes to go and alot can happen.
True Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 09:10   Link #1727
Var
Banned

Quote:
we still don't know her name, and no Var we're still let in the dark about alot of stuff that's went down the problem is the majority seem to have forgotten or the producers decided that they didn't need to explore those territories, but whatever they are 7 episodes to go and alot can happen.
C.C.'s name is not something that has been added. Your post is about adding new things, C.C.'s name is not one of those. I have not forgotten about things we haven't been told, but I also know, full well, that we've been getting told a large sum of things over these past few episodes. As I said, many plot lines are getting resolved, many others are reaching conclusions, and the rest are slowly coming to the forefront. Nothing new has been added since Shirley died.

You are jumping to conclusions and calling an unfinished story, unfinished. Redundancy is redundant.
Old 2008-08-05, 11:53   Link #1728
Kovensky
Timer
*Fansubber

We are waiting for CC's name ever since Lelouch battled Cornelia on Season 1.

MPlayer FTW! Get my win32 build here; now with multithreading
/me is usually idling on #mplayer@chat.freenode.net or #cccp@irc.rizon.net
\SHAMEIMARU/
Kovensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 15:28   Link #1729
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Sunrise totally threw in that flashback to C.C. with Charles, Marianne, and V.V. as a new thing, though. Now we know that C.C. has some kind of prior history with Charles and Marianne, with no clue as to what it actually entailed aside from being the head of the Order. There's also the question of what made Charles go from seemingly being okay with C.C. in that scene to wanting her hunted down. Personally, I think the simplest explanation would be that he got his two-eyed (and presumably therefore immortal-killing) Geass in between and wanted to steal C.C.'s immortality rather than V.V.'s, but we won't actually know until the show tells us.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 15:31   Link #1730
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discerptor View Post
Sunrise totally threw in that flashback to C.C. with Charles, Marianne, and V.V. as a new thing, though. Now we know that C.C. has some kind of prior history with Charles and Marianne, with no clue as to what it actually entailed aside from being the head of the Order. There's also the question of what made Charles go from seemingly being okay with C.C. in that scene to wanting her hunted down.
We know why Charles wanted C.C., for her code and because she is/was a threat being able to also use the Sword. As for the Marianne connection, I think that's been shifted to Anya. We have Anya with a connection to both of them, at this point, through interaction or flashbacks. So I don't think it will come from C.C..
Old 2008-08-05, 15:33   Link #1731
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

The question is why was Charles okay with C.C. at a prior point in time, though, when V.V. had been around for a long while even before then and therefore could have been appointed the Head of the Order instead. What exactly C.C. meant by merely being a "figurehead" is a bit open as well. And Marianne's plotting with C.C. is not going to somehow be magically resolved with Anya, uness C.C. has been talking to her inside her head as well.
Old 2008-08-05, 15:36   Link #1732
Dream_Traveller
Banned

...Hey, she could be that third person that Dann kept alluding to.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-05, 15:38   Link #1733
Var
Banned

Quote:
The question is why was Charles okay with C.C. before that point though, when V.V. had been around for a long while even before then. And Marianne's plotting with C.C. is not going to somehow be magically resolved with Anya, uness C.C. has been talking to her inside her head as well.
I think its pretty clear that Charles was at one point a hybrid of Lelouch and Suzaku, and that scene marked the end of that time. Whatever led to Marianne's death, is also likely what led to his change of heart, and the subsequent hunt for C.C.. V.V. did remind Charles of their contract in that episode/scene, possibly meaning that he had left it alone until Charles ascended to the throne. I mean, look at Charles' face as he's looking at Marianne and C.C., he doesn't look exactly happy. He looks jaded and disillusioned.

As for the plotting, Anya may very well fall into there as a piece of the puzzle.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot to be revealed, but that the ground work has already been laid for it to be revealed.
Old 2008-08-05, 15:44   Link #1734
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Absolutely, but it wasn't all in place until that (relatively) recent point in the series. It's not like C.C. was just completely phased out in terms of new mysterious stuff being thrown at us in R2.

On an interesting but somewhat unrelated note, I don't think what happened between Mao and C.C. was completely clear until R2. During R1, she kept talking to whoever inside her head about how she won't make the same mistake again with Lelouch, and I think this mistake is that of falling in love with her contract partner and being unable to push the hell of eternal life onto him. Mao, having a two-eyed Geass, presumably got his Geass to a point where he had the ability to kill C.C. But I think C.C. left him because she couldn't bring herself to just push immortality onto him, due to loving him as she confessed before popping a cap in his crown. The funny thing is she ended up making this mistake with Lelouch anyway, despite telling herself (and the person in her head) over and over again that she wouldn't and was only interested in him fulfilling the contract. Hence trapping Lelouch in her memories to protect him from whatever (from what exactly, I'm still not sure to be honest).
Old 2008-08-05, 15:50   Link #1735
Var
Banned

Quote:
Absolutely, but it wasn't all in place until that (relatively) recent point in the series. It's not like C.C. was just completely phased out in terms of new mysterious stuff being thrown at us in R2.
It's hard for me not to think that they've completely shelved C.C. with what they did to her via character assassination. I'm certain she'll come back at the end, but she's been shelved, as she's been most season. With her being a rather important character to Geass, I don't think we're going to see much more on her until the end and/or confrontation with Charles.

Quote:
On an interesting but somewhat unrelated note, I don't think what happened between Mao and C.C. was completely clear until R2. During R1, she kept talking to whoever inside her head about how she won't make the same mistake again with Lelouch, and I think this mistake is that of falling in love with her contract partner and being unable to push the hell of eternal life onto him. Mao, having a two-eyed Geass, presumably got his Geass to a point where he had the ability to kill C.C. But I think C.C. left him because she couldn't bring herself to just push immortality onto him, due to loving him as she confessed before popping a cap in his crown. The funny thing is she ended up making this mistake with Lelouch anyway, despite telling herself (and the person in her head) over and over again that she wouldn't and was only interested in him fulfilling the contract. Hence trapping Lelouch in her memories to protect him from whatever (from what exactly, I'm still not sure to be honest).
There was a long discussion about Mao a while back, after Ep.15 aired, and I'm still under the impression that he simply got the worst possible deal at every corner. His Geass was too powerful, C.C. loved him to let him take on the role, he loved her and wouldn't have killed her... and in the end he just gets offed. Poor Mao.
Old 2008-08-13, 00:03   Link #1736
faiz blaster

Question: does anyone has the scripts of the conversations that C.C. had with Mariane and co.? You know those in which she appears to be talking to herself. I heard that they were released with the DS game but never found them.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 00:09   Link #1737
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Question: does anyone has the scripts of the conversations that C.C. had with Mariane and co.? You know those in which she appears to be talking to herself. I heard that they were released with the DS game but never found them.
Correction: They were released ON the DS game. One of them, at least.
Old 2008-08-13, 18:38   Link #1738
LAngelo

C.C. - seems useless/done at this point of the game to say the least, i wonder what Ichiro has in stock
LAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 21:21   Link #1739
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAngelo View Post
C.C. - seems useless/done at this point of the game to say the least, i wonder what Ichiro has in stock
She'll probably do something in the end. The whole Marianne story seems to be Anya and Charles territory, so I doubt C.C will play a big role there.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-14, 00:49   Link #1740
pingva

Lelouch+Zero=True Lelouch
The slave girl+C.C.=True C.C.(C.C. is not her true name)
So without any doubt C.C. story isn't finished.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote