AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-05-03, 21:17   Link #17401
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
I know a lot of people here aren't fans of the classics or the older UC stuff. I just finished this kit on sat and am fairly proud of how it came out. It is fully painted and detailed and the decals are form samuel decal.
Spoiler for MG RX-78-3 2.o:
Old 2010-05-03, 21:28   Link #17402
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by vektar View Post
I know a lot of people here aren't fans of the classics or the older UC stuff. I just finished this kit on sat and am fairly proud of how it came out. It is fully painted and detailed and the decals are form samuel decal.
Great job Vektar i like the pic with the Zeon banner in the back I am still a good fan of the older UC, I like it better then this recent stuff like 00, but im just old school.

Keep up the great work.
Old 2010-05-04, 01:51   Link #17403
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
ive pretty much never gone without painting a kit. when i first got into gunpla 15 years ago i went out and got one of those testers paint sets. Ive always hated foil stickers and the way kits look with no paint. I honestly don't believe people who just out of the box build really deserve any kind of praise because you might as well be getting a action figure from a store. Painting isnt very hard to do even if you just start off with just the eyes and small details here and there. It shouldnt really take that long either if you have enough time to take pics of your kits you have enough time to paint them. Thats just me though, but it does seem like a waste of a good model to just build it and not do anything with it.
Yeah and what grinds my gundams gears is when people post images of a half built OOB kit and say they've been working 'really hard'.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 05:34   Link #17404
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
I did'nt build & post gundam kit pics solely for getting praised by others,i'm just sharing with others forumner the greatness of gundam kit.. However I do hand painted some gundam kit long ago. Now i've to force myself satisfied with what i can do with so limited time,coz i've to chase my other dream as well. A life as a student in landscape architecture demand a lot of my time, only got Sunday dayoff...

@Vektar

Nice work bro...wow nice beam saber effect.
Old 2010-05-04, 06:28   Link #17405
Sanger Zonvolt
Sword That Cleaves Evil

Gundam world event in Sapporo
http://reggiocomics.blogspot.com/201...oro-no107.html

Quite a awesome set up, and no CE to be found, cheers.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-04, 07:04   Link #17406
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
well...at least make effort to paint it to the anime colour....(though it does turn me off with oob built also or half done effort)

just done with hg kyrios for the 2nd time

so is my hg reborns for the 2nd time before kyrios
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 07:51   Link #17407
DC23

Send a message via Yahoo to DC23
I like very much the pose of your kyrios duotiga.
DC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 12:12   Link #17408
JC...
I am a Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanger Zonvolt View Post

Spoiler:
That's awesome!!! They even have the chinese writing, lol.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 12:15   Link #17409
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:

Spoiler:
Time to partay!

I would just love a seat in the RX cockpit.... D:
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-04, 13:15   Link #17410
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Question: Does the HG Exia and HG Astraea F share the same feet? I mean color differences aside?
Old 2010-05-04, 15:13   Link #17411
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Looks great, though because of bad photo quality too much is left for guessing, unfortunately. You may be praised for your kits, but it'd be nice to give us a proper medium to appreciate your work more :]

Quote:
ive pretty much never gone without painting a kit. when i first got into gunpla 15 years ago i went out and got one of those testers paint sets. Ive always hated foil stickers and the way kits look with no paint. I honestly don't believe people who just out of the box build really deserve any kind of praise because you might as well be getting a action figure from a store. Painting isnt very hard to do even if you just start off with just the eyes and small details here and there. It shouldnt really take that long either if you have enough time to take pics of your kits you have enough time to paint them. Thats just me though, but it does seem like a waste of a good model to just build it and not do anything with it.

As for me, I rarely use anything more than Gundam markers for panel lines and that's enough for me. I am proud that I build my toys, anyways. Ah, and somehow I like the quality of my pictures, too, so I can share the beauty of my kits with you, fellas It's not for praise, but to show my happiness of actually owning those.
Old 2010-05-04, 15:46   Link #17412
vektar

Send a message via AIM to vektar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
Looks great, though because of bad photo quality too much is left for guessing, unfortunately. You may be praised for your kits, but it'd be nice to give us a proper medium to appreciate your work more :]

As for me, I rarely use anything more than Gundam markers for panel lines and that's enough for me. I am proud that I build my toys, anyways. Ah, and somehow I like the quality of my pictures, too, so I can share the beauty of my kits with you, fellas It's not for praise, but to show my happiness of actually owning those.
you do have pretty nice quality pictures that make your kits stand out a bit more over the others. I on the other hand only have a iphone to take pics with... i keep telling my self to go out and buy one but eh, im just to lazy and theres just so many to chose from.
Old 2010-05-04, 17:25   Link #17413
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:

Spoiler:
i really want 1 or 2 of those 1/10 scale gundams. i wish i could attend had i not needed to get to work. btw what happens to the 1/10 or 1/12 scale models once the events are done? do they end up in someone's residence or back to a storehouse for an upcoming event?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 01:19   Link #17414
ChrisPHX

Hello all, I have been lurking on this board for almost 5 years and have now decided to join in on the fun. My first question is, Do you need to paint or detail Master grade kits or are they "model ready" out of the box ?
ChrisPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 02:01   Link #17415
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Depends on your preference. They are model ready to be honest but personal painting can always be improved over the original.......if you have the skills and willing to pour in the time and effort.

Truth be told anything that comes from the box can be improved over the original
but MG kits are good even from the box. It depends on your preference and the level you Wang to achieve.
Old 2010-05-05, 03:31   Link #17416
Bashfulz
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPHX View Post
Hello all, I have been lurking on this board for almost 5 years and have now decided to join in on the fun. My first question is, Do you need to paint or detail Master grade kits or are they "model ready" out of the box ?
whether you want to paint really depends on you. some people love to paint while others are content with just clearing the nub marks, heck some others may just buy the kit for a sword or gun and throw out the rest.

before attempting to paint you should try to take care of the nub marks and maybe try painting on a cheaper HG kit, so that you dont accidentally spoil your MG with lousy painting.
Bashfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 10:12   Link #17417
ChrisPHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashfulz View Post
whether you want to paint really depends on you. some people love to paint while others are content with just clearing the nub marks, heck some others may just buy the kit for a sword or gun and throw out the rest.

before attempting to paint you should try to take care of the nub marks and maybe try painting on a cheaper HG kit, so that you dont accidentally spoil your MG with lousy painting.
I plan on starting small, then working my way up. I see a long road ahead
ChrisPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-05, 18:37   Link #17418
MoonLightShadows
Gundam Meister

I was thinking of painting a HG Gadessa to look like Healing Cares as my first try at painting.. too look similar to this..

Spoiler for large picture:
Old 2010-05-05, 18:55   Link #17419
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
Question: Does the HG Exia and HG Astraea F share the same feet? I mean color differences aside?
yep, i just got my kit yesterday, ur pretty much getting the same runners as exia and a few extras minus the rubber parts on exias arms
Old 2010-05-05, 23:28   Link #17420
X207
Gamyūsa

ive done most of the painting on my 144 akatsuki. i only need to paint the beam rifle and the beam saber. i dont have clear pink nor clear red paint to use on the beam saber. is it possible to make a flat pink and use some paint thinner to make it clear to get a color close to the saber colour?

ive tried a test with the etching decals on a runner, i really like the etching decals. it sure beats using water to apply decals.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy